Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | congrats to whoever won the kickstarter!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
i feel bad for those people who went all in.. yes it's a treasure sink but feels like they could have just.. rerolled?
i feel bad for those people who went all in.. yes it's a treasure sink but feels like they could have just.. rerolled?
dDVbBvO.pngaOKWJGu.gif
I completely forgot last week's "Big Win" item was a KS apparel piece. I just got tickets for the achievement lol
I completely forgot last week's "Big Win" item was a KS apparel piece. I just got tickets for the achievement lol
qiTymVx.png zbfZPyc.png
[quote name="@aemj9277" date="2024-01-15 06:39:55" ] What a wild turn of events I didn't have any tickets so its no skin off my back, but I'm curious as to why they didn't just pick a new winner, rather than put the item back into future raffles. [/quote] Probably because the other prizes (I'm assuming) had already been allocated, and to do a redraw, they would have to re-input all the names, since once a ticket has won, it is my understanding that that Player's remaining tickets are pulled from the barrel, so as they cannot win a second time. As the Crown was a tier 1 prize, it was drawn when everyone had allllll their tickets in the draw. I could be wrong, of course -- not any type of site mod or admin!
@aemj9277 wrote on 2024-01-15 06:39:55:
What a wild turn of events

I didn't have any tickets so its no skin off my back, but I'm curious as to why they didn't just pick a new winner, rather than put the item back into future raffles.

Probably because the other prizes (I'm assuming) had already been allocated, and to do a redraw, they would have to re-input all the names, since once a ticket has won, it is my understanding that that Player's remaining tickets are pulled from the barrel, so as they cannot win a second time.

As the Crown was a tier 1 prize, it was drawn when everyone had allllll their tickets in the draw.

I could be wrong, of course -- not any type of site mod or admin!
135783.png
92556387.png

Activity | Projects | UMAs
Farming Notes
Pretty Fodder

72964495.png
86867754.png
This thread aged like milk... unfortunate that the winner was violating TOS :((
This thread aged like milk... unfortunate that the winner was violating TOS :((
e1hq93t.jpeg umzEeyZ.jpeg
This is a real merp moment

I only bought a few tickets cuz I saw how high the ticket number was getting and didn't like my chances. I'm glad I didn't go all out, but I feel bad for everyone who did
This is a real merp moment

I only bought a few tickets cuz I saw how high the ticket number was getting and didn't like my chances. I'm glad I didn't go all out, but I feel bad for everyone who did
2.png
HdmxfuE.png
Mrw4w2X.png
Wellp
I was one of those people who went all in, and now I feel a mix of unpleasant thoughts. I'm glad that a player who violated TOS and won was blocked, I'm fine that admins will give another opportunity for players to win the kickstarter item again
But
I already sold everything I could sell to buy tickets for that raffle. Dragons, items, some other things. And now I don't have the opportunity to try again, so the situation for me is somewhat of “You could win that raffle, but a guy who made a few new accounts did it, so thank you for your last penny and see you again next time!”
No offensive meanings here, I'm just sad
Wellp
I was one of those people who went all in, and now I feel a mix of unpleasant thoughts. I'm glad that a player who violated TOS and won was blocked, I'm fine that admins will give another opportunity for players to win the kickstarter item again
But
I already sold everything I could sell to buy tickets for that raffle. Dragons, items, some other things. And now I don't have the opportunity to try again, so the situation for me is somewhat of “You could win that raffle, but a guy who made a few new accounts did it, so thank you for your last penny and see you again next time!”
No offensive meanings here, I'm just sad
image.png91835745.png 87405282.png94287628.pngimage.png
@kolaiviski I hear you on that. I bought like 200 tickets and I know a lot of people did way more. It upsets me that someone would cheat and ruin the chance for anyone to get it. Just feels like a waste for those who spent a lot of treasure.
@kolaiviski I hear you on that. I bought like 200 tickets and I know a lot of people did way more. It upsets me that someone would cheat and ruin the chance for anyone to get it. Just feels like a waste for those who spent a lot of treasure.
gl-1430847-1570843411.jpg
Yeeaah I spent the week grinding like mad, and managed to buy 3369 tickets (1,684,500 treasure). I did so much hoardselling, getting pre-orders from friends to melt things for them, renting nests, a crazy amount of fodder training, I don't think I could grind like that again any time soon. This honestly doesn't feel that fair to those who can only grind for a raffle once. It makes me not want to care about Roundsey to be honest.
Yeeaah I spent the week grinding like mad, and managed to buy 3369 tickets (1,684,500 treasure). I did so much hoardselling, getting pre-orders from friends to melt things for them, renting nests, a crazy amount of fodder training, I don't think I could grind like that again any time soon. This honestly doesn't feel that fair to those who can only grind for a raffle once. It makes me not want to care about Roundsey to be honest.
I went pretty big buying as many tickets I had ever had, 1000, so while not super high it was expensive to me and my savings rip. While it sucks it didn't work out, I am glad the team is making sure the winner did not go against the tos. It feels good to know how much precautions and safety they put into these things.
I went pretty big buying as many tickets I had ever had, 1000, so while not super high it was expensive to me and my savings rip. While it sucks it didn't work out, I am glad the team is making sure the winner did not go against the tos. It feels good to know how much precautions and safety they put into these things.
Saur • She/Her • +2 FR Time
Current Profile Dragon: Inkwell
cf7c8445-715d-11eb-8b1f-df2c217c8e84.gifcf7c8445-715d-11eb-8b1f-df2c217c8e84.gifcf7c8445-715d-11eb-8b1f-df2c217c8e84.gif
I am guessing here, but I presume the entries into the last raffle have since been lost, hence they are unable to do a re-roll and therefore this is the best they can do going forward. It is uber frustrating though I totally understand, but at least the cheater didn't prosper.
I am guessing here, but I presume the entries into the last raffle have since been lost, hence they are unable to do a re-roll and therefore this is the best they can do going forward. It is uber frustrating though I totally understand, but at least the cheater didn't prosper.
FObX7rS.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11