Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Price dumping on newly released breeds
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
[quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 05:35:04" ] Reading the answers, I feel sad as a breeder. I wonder if artists who draw art for 1000 gems or more are told that they do it for the sake of the fun, so, so be it, I'll buy your art for 20 gems? After all, the artist's resources are also endless and he can draw as much as he wants. Do they tell those who make custom skins and accents that they will pay not 1000 or more gems, but ten times less, because they also do it for the sake of the fun? Do they say this to those who sell boss pets from coli for 2000-3000 gems, that I want buy for 20-30 gems, and you already enjoyed playing in the coli, then why are you selling so expensive? Or is this just the case with breeders? [/quote] Did you miss all the parts of the replies which clearly stated that the 'price dumping' is not [i]supposed[/i] to turn an instant profit? You may as well ask if it is fair that one does not make a thousand gems for spending time in the dressing room, or for writing lore for their dragons. Not everything on the site is supposed to leave you rolling in money. This is the case here.
Enko wrote on 2023-12-26 05:35:04:
Reading the answers, I feel sad as a breeder. I wonder if artists who draw art for 1000 gems or more are told that they do it for the sake of the fun, so, so be it, I'll buy your art for 20 gems? After all, the artist's resources are also endless and he can draw as much as he wants. Do they tell those who make custom skins and accents that they will pay not 1000 or more gems, but ten times less, because they also do it for the sake of the fun? Do they say this to those who sell boss pets from coli for 2000-3000 gems, that I want buy for 20-30 gems, and you already enjoyed playing in the coli, then why are you selling so expensive?
Or is this just the case with breeders?
Did you miss all the parts of the replies which clearly stated that the 'price dumping' is not supposed to turn an instant profit? You may as well ask if it is fair that one does not make a thousand gems for spending time in the dressing room, or for writing lore for their dragons. Not everything on the site is supposed to leave you rolling in money. This is the case here.
Literally everyone got two Auraboas for free, why should they remain "expensive"

Seriously, if you just breed the first Auraboas you get, don't get shocked if your cheap Auraboas don't produce profitable children forever.

Hatcheries that are profitable have carefully curated pairs, and it takes a while to be in the green. It's an investment.
Literally everyone got two Auraboas for free, why should they remain "expensive"

Seriously, if you just breed the first Auraboas you get, don't get shocked if your cheap Auraboas don't produce profitable children forever.

Hatcheries that are profitable have carefully curated pairs, and it takes a while to be in the green. It's an investment.
I like auraboas breeding pairs and I keep track of their prices and if I have recovered what I have invested

I can’t do more than just list my hatchlings as the price I think they are worth it and hope someone buys it
I like auraboas breeding pairs and I keep track of their prices and if I have recovered what I have invested

I can’t do more than just list my hatchlings as the price I think they are worth it and hope someone buys it
5a066ddb322c44953d878c49e7978a00895ca735.png
[quote name="Ogerpon" date="2023-12-26 06:58:11" ] Literally everyone got two Auraboas for free, why should they remain "expensive" [/quote] That's more about when "unmatchie basic" sold for fodder price more people start demand that any dragon should costs no more then fodder floor. (and probably lots of players are really happy buy ugly to dress it like xmass tree (but this not applicable to ancient mostly) and more breeders thus start just "get one dragon for their colection. Not trying make pair to share this combo with anyone)
Ogerpon wrote on 2023-12-26 06:58:11:

That's more about when "unmatchie basic" sold for fodder price more people start demand that any dragon should costs no more then fodder floor.
(and probably lots of players are really happy buy ugly to dress it like xmass tree (but this not applicable to ancient mostly) and more breeders thus start just "get one dragon for their colection. Not trying make pair to share this combo with anyone)

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
[quote name="Ais" date="2023-12-26 06:45:59" ] [quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 05:35:04" ] Reading the answers, I feel sad as a breeder. I wonder if artists who draw art for 1000 gems or more are told that they do it for the sake of the fun, so, so be it, I'll buy your art for 20 gems? After all, the artist's resources are also endless and he can draw as much as he wants. Do they tell those who make custom skins and accents that they will pay not 1000 or more gems, but ten times less, because they also do it for the sake of the fun? Do they say this to those who sell boss pets from coli for 2000-3000 gems, that I want buy for 20-30 gems, and you already enjoyed playing in the coli, then why are you selling so expensive? Or is this just the case with breeders? [/quote] Did you miss all the parts of the replies which clearly stated that the 'price dumping' is not [i]supposed[/i] to turn an instant profit? You may as well ask if it is fair that one does not make a thousand gems for spending time in the dressing room, or for writing lore for their dragons. Not everything on the site is supposed to leave you rolling in money. This is the case here. [/quote] Lor for other dragons is also written to order and sold. Moreover, the selection of the outfit is also available to order! Yes, people profit from this too. If there is a demand, there will be a service. So you've made a bit of a mistake here :)
Ais wrote on 2023-12-26 06:45:59:
Reading the answers, I feel sad as a breeder. I wonder if artists who draw art for 1000 gems or more are told that they do it for the sake of the fun, so, so be it, I'll buy your art for 20 gems? After all, the artist's resources are also endless and he can draw as much as he wants. Do they tell those who make custom skins and accents that they will pay not 1000 or more gems, but ten times less, because they also do it for the sake of the fun? Do they say this to those who sell boss pets from coli for 2000-3000 gems, that I want buy for 20-30 gems, and you already enjoyed playing in the coli, then why are you selling so expensive?
Did you miss all the parts of the replies which clearly stated that the 'price dumping' is not supposed to turn an instant profit? You may as well ask if it is fair that one does not make a thousand gems for spending time in the dressing room, or for writing lore for their dragons. Not everything on the site is supposed to leave you rolling in money. This is the case here.
Lor for other dragons is also written to order and sold. Moreover, the selection of the outfit is also available to order! Yes, people profit from this too. If there is a demand, there will be a service. So you've made a bit of a mistake here :)
[quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 07:06:08" ] Lor for other dragons is also written to order and sold. Moreover, the selection of the outfit is also available to order! Yes, people profit from this too. If there is a demand, there will be a service. So you've made a bit of a mistake here :) [/quote] Tell me you don't actually understand the discussion in this thread without telling me you don't actually understand the discussion in this thread.... You're contradicting yourself now. Take a few minutes to think on it and see if you can realise why you're the one whose made a bit of a mistake here :)
Enko wrote on 2023-12-26 07:06:08:
Lor for other dragons is also written to order and sold. Moreover, the selection of the outfit is also available to order! Yes, people profit from this too. If there is a demand, there will be a service. So you've made a bit of a mistake here :)
Tell me you don't actually understand the discussion in this thread without telling me you don't actually understand the discussion in this thread....

You're contradicting yourself now. Take a few minutes to think on it and see if you can realise why you're the one whose made a bit of a mistake here :)
This whole thread seems super salty, tbh.

Play how you like to play, don't tell others how to play. Tips are tips, they're not "Play this way or you ruin the way I play"
This whole thread seems super salty, tbh.

Play how you like to play, don't tell others how to play. Tips are tips, they're not "Play this way or you ruin the way I play"
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
[quote name="Ais" date="2023-12-26 06:45:59" ] [quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 05:35:04" ] Reading the answers, I feel sad as a breeder. I wonder if artists who draw art for 1000 gems or more are told that they do it for the sake of the fun, so, so be it, I'll buy your art for 20 gems? After all, the artist's resources are also endless and he can draw as much as he wants. Do they tell those who make custom skins and accents that they will pay not 1000 or more gems, but ten times less, because they also do it for the sake of the fun? Do they say this to those who sell boss pets from coli for 2000-3000 gems, that I want buy for 20-30 gems, and you already enjoyed playing in the coli, then why are you selling so expensive? Or is this just the case with breeders? [/quote] Did you miss all the parts of the replies which clearly stated that the 'price dumping' is not [i]supposed[/i] to turn an instant profit? You may as well ask if it is fair that one does not make a thousand gems for spending time in the dressing room, or for writing lore for their dragons. Not everything on the site is supposed to leave you rolling in money. This is the case here. [/quote] This right here, and, as for the artist & skin maker example: learning to draw, write, craft, etc. takes a whole lot of work and is an *entirely* different skill set to breeding dragons. When you pay for art, you're [i]paying for that skill[/i]-- if you put a pencil and paper in front of someone who's never drawn and in front of someone who's drawn every day for twenty years, you're going to get different results, whereas if you gave the same breeding pair to a new FR player and someone who's been here since 2013, you may very well get the [i]exact same hatchlings[/i] with minimal input. Frankly, the artist comparison is a little insulting, even if you didn't mean it to be.
This right here, and, as for the artist & skin maker example: learning to draw, write, craft, etc. takes a whole lot of work and is an *entirely* different skill set to breeding dragons. When you pay for art, you're paying for that skill-- if you put a pencil and paper in front of someone who's never drawn and in front of someone who's drawn every day for twenty years, you're going to get different results, whereas if you gave the same breeding pair to a new FR player and someone who's been here since 2013, you may very well get the exact same hatchlings with minimal input.
Frankly, the artist comparison is a little insulting, even if you didn't mean it to be.
Gr15mqs.png
I6Ay4yi.gifwLQRY4q.gif
Everyone's just playing how they want to play. It's as simple as that.

Like another player pointed out, as well, you really can sell your hatchlings for whatever price you want, and they almost definitely WILL sell, even if it takes longer for higher prices. I've bought dragons for A Lot of money from hatcheries and G1 sellers, and I also have a few treasured dragons in my lair that were from the giveaway forums and fodder floor. I just pay whatever's being asked for whatever catches my attention!

Also, a +1 to the others pointing out that a pair can have theoretically infinite hatchlings... there's not a need for most people to make back all theoretical 4K of gem genes they spent on the parents in their first 3-egg clutch.
Everyone's just playing how they want to play. It's as simple as that.

Like another player pointed out, as well, you really can sell your hatchlings for whatever price you want, and they almost definitely WILL sell, even if it takes longer for higher prices. I've bought dragons for A Lot of money from hatcheries and G1 sellers, and I also have a few treasured dragons in my lair that were from the giveaway forums and fodder floor. I just pay whatever's being asked for whatever catches my attention!

Also, a +1 to the others pointing out that a pair can have theoretically infinite hatchlings... there's not a need for most people to make back all theoretical 4K of gem genes they spent on the parents in their first 3-egg clutch.
guinevere-by-reineke-Copy.png s-t-gq.png
ace.png
demiro.png
7fFdbks.png
xjB7OSe.png
[quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 07:06:08" ] [quote name="Ais" date="2023-12-26 06:45:59" ] [quote name="Enko" date="2023-12-26 05:35:04" ] Reading the answers, I feel sad as a breeder. I wonder if artists who draw art for 1000 gems or more are told that they do it for the sake of the fun, so, so be it, I'll buy your art for 20 gems? After all, the artist's resources are also endless and he can draw as much as he wants. Do they tell those who make custom skins and accents that they will pay not 1000 or more gems, but ten times less, because they also do it for the sake of the fun? Do they say this to those who sell boss pets from coli for 2000-3000 gems, that I want buy for 20-30 gems, and you already enjoyed playing in the coli, then why are you selling so expensive? Or is this just the case with breeders? [/quote] Did you miss all the parts of the replies which clearly stated that the 'price dumping' is not [i]supposed[/i] to turn an instant profit? You may as well ask if it is fair that one does not make a thousand gems for spending time in the dressing room, or for writing lore for their dragons. Not everything on the site is supposed to leave you rolling in money. This is the case here. [/quote] Lor for other dragons is also written to order and sold. Moreover, the selection of the outfit is also available to order! Yes, people profit from this too. If there is a demand, there will be a service. So you've made a bit of a mistake here :) [/quote] Ais did say writing lore for their dragons, meaning I'm not making any currency writing lore for my own dragon. So. I'm afraid in this case you've made the mistake. But either way, they're still right. Writing lore isn't profitable. As you questioned earlier, are artists told to sell their art for less because we do it for fun? Yes. :) [i]Especially[/i] writers. When I write for people outside of FR, I charge $.14/word. If we were to use the regular conversion from Art Sales threads, that's 14/g a word - which is what I'd charge to write lore, if I wanted to [i]profit[/i]. You want to guess how many bios I've sold at that price? If you guessed zero, then you're correct. I can't even sell a bio at 1g/word - which is what I do charge. But to no one's surprise, nobody is willing to pay over 1kg for a bio [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/17556184]like this[/url]. But in order to profit (that is, to make more currency than it would cost me), that's what I have to charge. But nobody buys that. So lots of people make the decision that selling something for less is better than selling nothing for more. Same situation with hatchlings. It's a choice in the same way it's not a choice. If someone told me to charge less if I wanted to sell, they'd be absolutely right. The only difference is that with dragons you buy from hatcheries and whatnot, people actually do buy specially-bred dragons for 50kt or whatever is considered an appropriate price. It just takes time. People who sell for less are trading that time for currency: that is, they'll take less now for more later. Because every dragon theoretically, eventually, sells. I once held onto a G1 for three years before it sold. But it did sell. Eventually.
Enko wrote on 2023-12-26 07:06:08:
Ais did say writing lore for their dragons, meaning I'm not making any currency writing lore for my own dragon. So. I'm afraid in this case you've made the mistake.

But either way, they're still right. Writing lore isn't profitable. As you questioned earlier, are artists told to sell their art for less because we do it for fun? Yes. :) Especially writers. When I write for people outside of FR, I charge $.14/word. If we were to use the regular conversion from Art Sales threads, that's 14/g a word - which is what I'd charge to write lore, if I wanted to profit. You want to guess how many bios I've sold at that price?

If you guessed zero, then you're correct. I can't even sell a bio at 1g/word - which is what I do charge. But to no one's surprise, nobody is willing to pay over 1kg for a bio like this. But in order to profit (that is, to make more currency than it would cost me), that's what I have to charge. But nobody buys that. So lots of people make the decision that selling something for less is better than selling nothing for more. Same situation with hatchlings.

It's a choice in the same way it's not a choice. If someone told me to charge less if I wanted to sell, they'd be absolutely right. The only difference is that with dragons you buy from hatcheries and whatnot, people actually do buy specially-bred dragons for 50kt or whatever is considered an appropriate price. It just takes time. People who sell for less are trading that time for currency: that is, they'll take less now for more later. Because every dragon theoretically, eventually, sells. I once held onto a G1 for three years before it sold. But it did sell. Eventually.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13