Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gene fixes you wish weren't?
this is old news, but seafoam before the color wheel update :(
i loved how desaturated and pastel it was, and it got super saturated after

here's a good thread on the topic. my custom progen had seafoam as her color because i wanted her to seem malnourished and sickly. so now only did the update do away at her pastel, it pretty much ruined her lore for me.
this is old news, but seafoam before the color wheel update :(
i loved how desaturated and pastel it was, and it got super saturated after

here's a good thread on the topic. my custom progen had seafoam as her color because i wanted her to seem malnourished and sickly. so now only did the update do away at her pastel, it pretty much ruined her lore for me.
87337a516c6788c06296d62b6c3208eecc0d4d90.png
Radioactive rattlesnake/diamondback…. They massacred my boy and staff is lucky that i didnt spend gems on him
Radioactive rattlesnake/diamondback…. They massacred my boy and staff is lucky that i didnt spend gems on him
meowmeowmeow222.png
I liked airaboa wicker and woven genes when they were darker
I liked airaboa wicker and woven genes when they were darker
3bb19a2e65e428d24c93ae6e9f17e77973c939ea.png
sg0ki88.png
ov8ay5N.png
YUEtAn1.png
uN17MNu.png
dEe2UrM.png
0mOYsUn.png
When Banescales were released, males had the wrong accent colours for squiggle. I bought a gen1 because of how well the accent matched his secondary, and when they fixed it, it ruined his scry. Luckily, he was cheap and I hadn't gened him, so I dodged a bullet there. I wish they had kept the "wrong" colours as, like, an alternate version of the gene.

Honestly, I wish we had alternate versions of genes in general. It is the best solution for situations like this, though it is the most work out of all the options, so I doubt we'll ever see it implemented.
When Banescales were released, males had the wrong accent colours for squiggle. I bought a gen1 because of how well the accent matched his secondary, and when they fixed it, it ruined his scry. Luckily, he was cheap and I hadn't gened him, so I dodged a bullet there. I wish they had kept the "wrong" colours as, like, an alternate version of the gene.

Honestly, I wish we had alternate versions of genes in general. It is the best solution for situations like this, though it is the most work out of all the options, so I doubt we'll ever see it implemented.
xxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Other stuff
My Levelling Service
My Stock the Pond Pairs
Plague Subspecies Masterlist
Formatting is pain
You found this by accident
If I learned anything it's to wait buying and geneing ancients until like, a month after (I mean, I learned this with past ancients, but it's really obvious now lol)
If I learned anything it's to wait buying and geneing ancients until like, a month after (I mean, I learned this with past ancients, but it's really obvious now lol)
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
Boa met/alloy will forever be missed
Boa met/alloy will forever be missed
They/Them // Adult // FR +3

Offsite / Mass Hatch / Hatchery
[quote name="kanamine" date="2023-11-26 00:56:27" ] Pour one out for Gaoler's Nightshade Shardflank Before: [img]https://i.imgur.com/RYavGVZ.png[/img] After: [img]https://i.imgur.com/hVu12wl.png[/img] As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't "fix" interesting errors, just consider them color mutations if they have to. Why can't some colors just have something neat to them once in a while? [/quote] Pour one out for nightshade gembond on obelisks as well
kanamine wrote on 2023-11-26 00:56:27:
Pour one out for Gaoler's Nightshade Shardflank

Before:
RYavGVZ.png

After:
hVu12wl.png

As far as I'm concerned, they shouldn't "fix" interesting errors, just consider them color mutations if they have to. Why can't some colors just have something neat to them once in a while?
Pour one out for nightshade gembond on obelisks as well
Inspired.pngDetermined.pngShouting.pngSurprised.pngDizzy.pngSigh.pngInspired%5E.pngStunned%5E.pngDetermined%5E.pngSigh%5E.pngWorried%5E.pngJoyous%5E.png
wishlist ---> here
buy my dragons ---> gen ones
buy more of my dragons --->hatchery
met/alloy on Auras, it still looks neat now but by the 11 if the glitch version wasn't possibly better! i wish it became it's own gene tbh
met/alloy on Auras, it still looks neat now but by the 11 if the glitch version wasn't possibly better! i wish it became it's own gene tbh
-ruite
she/her
hatchery
comms
Swirl on obelisks. [emoji=obelisk sad size=1]
Swirl on obelisks.
jNuhDPF.png
My, you look familiar...
Check out The Familiar Faces Project here!

[font=cambria]i remember being in the minority (no one agreed with me at all iirc) when the way butterfly affected maned breeds was changed. [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=47&bodygene=5&breed=13&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=38&tertgene=4&winggene=13&wings=38&auth=7fd5bedca19e43fa206bb6bcb06def05d7c9b3f0&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=47&bodygene=5&breed=6&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=38&tertgene=4&winggene=13&wings=38&auth=fd1703af038874b4f5271729f4d4ffbd3d0ec1ee&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=47&bodygene=5&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=38&tertgene=4&winggene=13&wings=38&auth=9f940a7a4607d81ec86429fff761efcb23665230&dummyext=prev.png[/img] it was another 'obelisks get to be different' situation if i remember right? when obs were released, they had the light 'correct' mane and then other breeds were all patched to match. but everyone hated it so much they were reverted back. i distinctly remember getting on tumblr and seeing someone post about how the change had gone through and being like OH COOL I HATED THE DARK MANE but it was already reverted back by the time i actually logged in lmao. i really dislike the dark manes, you won't catch me putting butterfly on a maned breed :p
i remember being in the minority (no one agreed with me at all iirc) when the way butterfly affected maned breeds was changed.

dragon?age=1&body=47&bodygene=5&breed=13&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=38&tertgene=4&winggene=13&wings=38&auth=7fd5bedca19e43fa206bb6bcb06def05d7c9b3f0&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=47&bodygene=5&breed=6&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=38&tertgene=4&winggene=13&wings=38&auth=fd1703af038874b4f5271729f4d4ffbd3d0ec1ee&dummyext=prev.png
dragon?age=1&body=47&bodygene=5&breed=15&element=6&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=38&tertgene=4&winggene=13&wings=38&auth=9f940a7a4607d81ec86429fff761efcb23665230&dummyext=prev.png

it was another 'obelisks get to be different' situation if i remember right? when obs were released, they had the light 'correct' mane and then other breeds were all patched to match. but everyone hated it so much they were reverted back. i distinctly remember getting on tumblr and seeing someone post about how the change had gone through and being like OH COOL I HATED THE DARK MANE but it was already reverted back by the time i actually logged in lmao. i really dislike the dark manes, you won't catch me putting butterfly on a maned breed :p
............. tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
loreaccentsartpears!
wishlist • familiar collector