Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are your dragons characters?
1 2 3 4 5 6
Yep, nearly all the dragons out in my lair are characters in their own right! My hibden is a bit of a mix, but even the not-so-character dragons have some sort of existence within my lore. My museum dragons are canonically sculptures, and my aesthetic imperials are basically just pretty npcs.
Yep, nearly all the dragons out in my lair are characters in their own right! My hibden is a bit of a mix, but even the not-so-character dragons have some sort of existence within my lore. My museum dragons are canonically sculptures, and my aesthetic imperials are basically just pretty npcs.
JrBnUx0.pngq9GXCbk.pngsTpMZa9.png
Every dragon from the 1st tab in my lair to the 5th is a character in a story of mine! I'm not exactly sure what to really describe them as, though... The story is my own making, and it has 0 to do with Sornieth's world or lore at all. But, the vast majority of my lore is developed directly from dragons I make here. 99% of the characters in my lore are made via a dragon I thought looked neat xP
The world itself, though, was made way before I even got the first dragon for it.

Sometimes I don't even consider them as dragons? There's been a number of times where I'm writing and in one sentence someone's a dragon, then in the other they're a human(oid). On top of this, one of those tabs (and only that one) has an alternate storyline that very directly follows FR lore/cannon. Because I like making things confusing for myself, I guess...

In short, yes! And I've made it unnecessarily complicated for myself.

I do have another tab in my hibden dedicated to a story that's almost entirely FR lore-based, though!

And to address your own play-style, I think that's an incredibly fair way of "characterizing" dragons! A 15 page backstory isn't necessary to make really pretty dragons with a neat gimmick or theme :}
Every dragon from the 1st tab in my lair to the 5th is a character in a story of mine! I'm not exactly sure what to really describe them as, though... The story is my own making, and it has 0 to do with Sornieth's world or lore at all. But, the vast majority of my lore is developed directly from dragons I make here. 99% of the characters in my lore are made via a dragon I thought looked neat xP
The world itself, though, was made way before I even got the first dragon for it.

Sometimes I don't even consider them as dragons? There's been a number of times where I'm writing and in one sentence someone's a dragon, then in the other they're a human(oid). On top of this, one of those tabs (and only that one) has an alternate storyline that very directly follows FR lore/cannon. Because I like making things confusing for myself, I guess...

In short, yes! And I've made it unnecessarily complicated for myself.

I do have another tab in my hibden dedicated to a story that's almost entirely FR lore-based, though!

And to address your own play-style, I think that's an incredibly fair way of "characterizing" dragons! A 15 page backstory isn't necessary to make really pretty dragons with a neat gimmick or theme :}
4T0426g.png ~~~ Dragon Training

LF UMAs

I have ONE dragon who is the dragon version of a human OC of mine!
The rest of my dragons are basically FR OCs, their lore just isn't available anywhere for now. I want it to be a bit more fleshed out before I'm comfortable with putting it in their bios.
I have ONE dragon who is the dragon version of a human OC of mine!
The rest of my dragons are basically FR OCs, their lore just isn't available anywhere for now. I want it to be a bit more fleshed out before I'm comfortable with putting it in their bios.
XXxncCy.png
Hex | he/him | FR+9hrs
yes to a horrifying degree
9JujC4r.png9smSRop.png
plague_rune_50x50.png
OOOFR +0OOO
x78oEKd.png f9a32de21f619685c021adafe3a356066a54ad09.png
21z9rai.gifl5SWccB.gif
2rTMEfu.png
Check out my adopts at
Infernal Beasts,
my lore-based
Scatterquest,
or my skin shop,
Dracopunk!
[quote name="Drakessis" date="2023-10-14 04:08:13" ] yes to a horrifying degree [/quote]
Drakessis wrote on 2023-10-14 04:08:13:
They are themselves, characters in their own right. What lore I've written involves my dragons picking up stray audio transmissions from other realities, so my fandragons are literally cosplaying.
They are themselves, characters in their own right. What lore I've written involves my dragons picking up stray audio transmissions from other realities, so my fandragons are literally cosplaying.
Yes! All of my dragons are my OCs apart from fandragons who are a representation of the actual character because my fave girlies (gender-neutral) end up in paradise. Technically, those are also someone's OCs, but they're not mine lmao. Regardless, there's a difference between characters (in-media representation) and the people behind those characters. What I interact with are the people.

However, it's a bit more complicated than just that. For example, while all of my permas have lore, especially since I love to imagine them as actual people (s...species-neutral), they are technically Flight Rising dragons...but not really. Since my lore has detached itself so far from the Flight Rising canon and my depictions of Dragonkind and Beastclans is so different compared to what's going on here, Flight Rising has sorta become a platform for me to express my creativity while just rambling on about my own worldbuilding and spec-evo. It has practically become my own original work, I'll just keep using the dragons as representations of my OCs and as means for visual storytelling :^)
Yes! All of my dragons are my OCs apart from fandragons who are a representation of the actual character because my fave girlies (gender-neutral) end up in paradise. Technically, those are also someone's OCs, but they're not mine lmao. Regardless, there's a difference between characters (in-media representation) and the people behind those characters. What I interact with are the people.

However, it's a bit more complicated than just that. For example, while all of my permas have lore, especially since I love to imagine them as actual people (s...species-neutral), they are technically Flight Rising dragons...but not really. Since my lore has detached itself so far from the Flight Rising canon and my depictions of Dragonkind and Beastclans is so different compared to what's going on here, Flight Rising has sorta become a platform for me to express my creativity while just rambling on about my own worldbuilding and spec-evo. It has practically become my own original work, I'll just keep using the dragons as representations of my OCs and as means for visual storytelling :^)
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Wildthyme" date="2023-10-14 08:20:05" ] They are themselves, characters in their own right. What lore I've written involves my dragons picking up stray audio transmissions from other realities, so my fandragons are literally cosplaying. [/quote] this is the only correct way to create a fandragon
Wildthyme wrote on 2023-10-14 08:20:05:
this is the only correct way to create a fandragon
golden line with blue and white pearls and diamonds
I have... several tabs dedicated to fandragons alone
I have... several tabs dedicated to fandragons alone
1 2 3 4 5 6