Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are your dragons characters?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I have some fandragons (in a separate tab in my hibden to keep them from getting mixed up with my other dragons) and some dragons with lore. my goal is to write lore eventually for all of my not fandragon dragons, but... that is a very long term project lol
I have some fandragons (in a separate tab in my hibden to keep them from getting mixed up with my other dragons) and some dragons with lore. my goal is to write lore eventually for all of my not fandragon dragons, but... that is a very long term project lol
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
I have a mix of all of these things.
I have near exclusively fandragons in my hibden, I have plenty of not-dragon ocs spread through out there and my main lair, and then I have lore that uses the dragons themselves as characters in my main.
I have a mix of all of these things.
I have near exclusively fandragons in my hibden, I have plenty of not-dragon ocs spread through out there and my main lair, and then I have lore that uses the dragons themselves as characters in my main.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
Oh, they're characters alright!

Joking aside, they're all OCs. I don't know how to not look at a pixel dragon and think "I'll bet his favorite soup is clam chowder" or "I think this dragon writes songs."
Oh, they're characters alright!

Joking aside, they're all OCs. I don't know how to not look at a pixel dragon and think "I'll bet his favorite soup is clam chowder" or "I think this dragon writes songs."
LxbWmll.png
Flight Rising being advertised as a game where we play as a clan of dragons was really what initially drew me in. So I treat my dragons as characters whenever I can, though not every perma is a canon character in my clan lore because... well, I have hundreds and it gets difficult making them unique after a certain point, haha.

Flight Rising being advertised as a game where we play as a clan of dragons was really what initially drew me in. So I treat my dragons as characters whenever I can, though not every perma is a canon character in my clan lore because... well, I have hundreds and it gets difficult making them unique after a certain point, haha.

shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
I plan on designing a character based on each dragon in my lair! :D (my clan page has a list of each dragon that currently has a design!)

They will all be humanoid species from my own worldbuilding - 0% canon. Flight Rising’s been an extremely fun creative exercise for me!
I plan on designing a character based on each dragon in my lair! :D (my clan page has a list of each dragon that currently has a design!)

They will all be humanoid species from my own worldbuilding - 0% canon. Flight Rising’s been an extremely fun creative exercise for me!
tn0RSo5.png
pZJYyk4.png
KLFk3KG.png
FvfV2kD.png
NaGfCgq.png
wC5zS4I.png
I treat my dragons as beloved animal companions. Definitely thinking, feeling creatures, but not ones "I" (the player) can necessarily communicate full intentions to or understand beyond basic desires and emotional states. I know in lore they're fully sapient and have language, but just for my personal interpretation that is what it is.

I have been meaning to write some of it out officially but I know no coding, and even resources I find difficult to use. Coatls are far and away my favourite breed as they remind me so much of birds (closely followed by wildclaws because nature represent). I treat them as my beloved flock, each with their own characters and things they like and dislike (some prefer to help entertain hatchlings, some are more aloof, some like shiny objects, some are very vocal with lots of calls, etc), but I wouldn't say this is to the extent most people who write out lore or rp make their dragon's characters.
I treat my dragons as beloved animal companions. Definitely thinking, feeling creatures, but not ones "I" (the player) can necessarily communicate full intentions to or understand beyond basic desires and emotional states. I know in lore they're fully sapient and have language, but just for my personal interpretation that is what it is.

I have been meaning to write some of it out officially but I know no coding, and even resources I find difficult to use. Coatls are far and away my favourite breed as they remind me so much of birds (closely followed by wildclaws because nature represent). I treat them as my beloved flock, each with their own characters and things they like and dislike (some prefer to help entertain hatchlings, some are more aloof, some like shiny objects, some are very vocal with lots of calls, etc), but I wouldn't say this is to the extent most people who write out lore or rp make their dragon's characters.
The best part about FR is you only have to do as much as you want to do. And that applies to lore too. There are a lot of players here with headcanons about all their dragons and have not written a single piece down. And that's absolutely fine.

I've been writing a lot on FR mostly because I find it a fun distraction from my real job. But that's just me. Everyone has their own distinct ways to engage with FR. As long as you're having fun, that's all that really matters.

(Fun fact, I love the dress up part just as much as writing lore. Most of the time, I'll dress up a dragon first before even thinking about who they are, cause the outfits say so much about a derg's personality.)
The best part about FR is you only have to do as much as you want to do. And that applies to lore too. There are a lot of players here with headcanons about all their dragons and have not written a single piece down. And that's absolutely fine.

I've been writing a lot on FR mostly because I find it a fun distraction from my real job. But that's just me. Everyone has their own distinct ways to engage with FR. As long as you're having fun, that's all that really matters.

(Fun fact, I love the dress up part just as much as writing lore. Most of the time, I'll dress up a dragon first before even thinking about who they are, cause the outfits say so much about a derg's personality.)
Come visit my lore lair! It's a fun time here.

Something strange is happening on Sornieth. All across the world, dragons have begun to be born with multiple elements. How? Why? As dragons all across Sornieth takes notice, the wheel of fate begins to turn, as one fae's search for her mysterious origins leads her down a path that could change Sornieth forever.
I've made most of my dragons individual characters all their own. I do have some fandragons, but most of my non-Sornieth dragon characters are a mix of OCs of my own. I think the fandragon approach is somewhat interesting, seeing as I have a healthy variety of direct references/inter-dimensional beings who just found themselves in Sornieth and a sort of AU structure where they just always existed/had their adventures in Sornieth. I even use the latter approach for the OC dragons.

I may not have written everything down just yet, but I do plan on having a story for everyone in my lair. Even if that's a full lair of dragons. As in almost 700 dragons. Thankfully a chunk of them are going up for sale after the dom push, but still. Lot's of dragons to type for.
I've made most of my dragons individual characters all their own. I do have some fandragons, but most of my non-Sornieth dragon characters are a mix of OCs of my own. I think the fandragon approach is somewhat interesting, seeing as I have a healthy variety of direct references/inter-dimensional beings who just found themselves in Sornieth and a sort of AU structure where they just always existed/had their adventures in Sornieth. I even use the latter approach for the OC dragons.

I may not have written everything down just yet, but I do plan on having a story for everyone in my lair. Even if that's a full lair of dragons. As in almost 700 dragons. Thankfully a chunk of them are going up for sale after the dom push, but still. Lot's of dragons to type for.
1ulURsc.gif

sgriffin-3988-7_44_47_7_5_1.png
Pklc9an.png
Clockwork
08atrGc.pngJ7D1quC.png
FXwV0CB.pngFObX7rS.pngSaronai's Free Star Lighting Raffle. Over 3kg in prizes. Ends February 1st. Click to learn more!
Eclipse
LCqISMP.pngDXTcInl.png
11efmKl.pngxjB7OSe.png
CnMSNyK.pngYMPbu9R.png
RFRWPUM.png
wVdpf6V.png

IBK-63.png
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Former First Column Spacer ^^^^^^^^^
I am sloooowly making an entire tab in my hibden based on DevilMayCry demon weapons from all of the games, including bosses and existing characters both heroes and villains xD (this be hurting my wallet :3)
I am sloooowly making an entire tab in my hibden based on DevilMayCry demon weapons from all of the games, including bosses and existing characters both heroes and villains xD (this be hurting my wallet :3)
JNpe71y.png
Yes, they are my OC’s now (with my madeup designs and headcanons) and I’m having fun with them! They’re also probably my only non-human characters. By the way i plan on making a lore database for them after I write my FR lore story (but I’m procrastinating too much lol)
Yes, they are my OC’s now (with my madeup designs and headcanons) and I’m having fun with them! They’re also probably my only non-human characters. By the way i plan on making a lore database for them after I write my FR lore story (but I’m procrastinating too much lol)
Selling my skins!
button_ah_buy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6