Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Lore Whining Days v3
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 36
oh the day before ping sounds great, ten day cycles otherwise don't really fit in a weekly routine!

Not sure how many of you would be familiar with Piers Anthony's Xanth series but my progen got named Xanthus because I felt like I'd just dropped in to a magical world I had very little understanding of.

The clan began in Light, moved to Earth a year later, to Wind a year after that, then to Water for a year and I think we're about to move to Lightning for a year.

Members of the clan remain in each Flight territory so they have small lairs spread across each flight they've lived in.

They aren't really sure what they're up to specifically but based off the canon lore they've learnt so far, they think if we could rebuild the Great Pillar (or even get agreement between all flights to cooperate in such an effort, successful or not) then we might have a better chance vs The Shade. (whatever it actually is...)
----
If anyone wants to brainstorm ideas between 4s I'd love it, it doesn't have to be specifically clan oriented: I've been in a worldbuilding thread a Nature flight member ran which I really enjoyed, we talked about the underground world in the roots of the Behemoth, the underwater realm on the world-map, and the subterranean magma tunnels and hidden archaeological Earth realms, the underground Ice Fortress where Gaoler wardens keep "something" under protection got me thinking about an entire Sornieth underground network and what form it might take in different flight territories.
oh the day before ping sounds great, ten day cycles otherwise don't really fit in a weekly routine!

Not sure how many of you would be familiar with Piers Anthony's Xanth series but my progen got named Xanthus because I felt like I'd just dropped in to a magical world I had very little understanding of.

The clan began in Light, moved to Earth a year later, to Wind a year after that, then to Water for a year and I think we're about to move to Lightning for a year.

Members of the clan remain in each Flight territory so they have small lairs spread across each flight they've lived in.

They aren't really sure what they're up to specifically but based off the canon lore they've learnt so far, they think if we could rebuild the Great Pillar (or even get agreement between all flights to cooperate in such an effort, successful or not) then we might have a better chance vs The Shade. (whatever it actually is...)
----
If anyone wants to brainstorm ideas between 4s I'd love it, it doesn't have to be specifically clan oriented: I've been in a worldbuilding thread a Nature flight member ran which I really enjoyed, we talked about the underground world in the roots of the Behemoth, the underwater realm on the world-map, and the subterranean magma tunnels and hidden archaeological Earth realms, the underground Ice Fortress where Gaoler wardens keep "something" under protection got me thinking about an entire Sornieth underground network and what form it might take in different flight territories.
qDkA25S.png
Pinglist please!!
Pinglist please!!
pOC43Zp.png
Add me to the ping list, please!
Add me to the ping list, please!
X
X
loading.gif

X
X
I would love to remain the pinglist. Thank you!
I would love to remain the pinglist. Thank you!
...signature loading....
Please re-add me to the pinglist! I'm happy to see this back
Please re-add me to the pinglist! I'm happy to see this back
9CrKgSL.png Silt Wolf She/Her
Lore Clan
Wishlist
Toyhouse
Swamp Wolf 84WUQBr.png
omg pinglist please! nice to see this back :O
omg pinglist please! nice to see this back :O
"link • ufology
they/he/she
Pinglist please! I’m a bit busy this month with moving prep but this is always a nice reminder!
Pinglist please! I’m a bit busy this month with moving prep but this is always a nice reminder!
PAo2UkJ.png > Kneph/Worm

> He/They/It

> +3 FR
@Kaitorubel can i be added to the new pinglist? :)

Welcome to the Clan of Revenant! The word revenant means something that's returned from the dead, which I thought fit the vibe I was going for. It was started by a young Mirror named Belladonna who (after being exiled from her pack) roamed across Sornieth in search of companions. She saved Chance (a foundling raised as a tinkerer in the Shifting Expanse, then named Mercury) when he was struck by lightning, and then just.. ended up collecting more dragons. A wandering trio near the Churnscar Wharf, an assassin and his savior in the Zephyr Steppes, a runaway prophet, a pair of half-siblings, a young doctor setting out from her home in the Observatory, an ambitious void mage, a desperate assassin. They wandered for a while; moving from the Crystalspine Reaches after one too many monster attacks, then fleeing the Wandering Contagion, then finally finding a home in the Starwood Strand, at the base of the Evertree.

Interesting facts: Shade corruption plays a heavy part in lore, there's been a rebellion plot in the works for like two years now, I'm really excited but also lowkey worried for the Serthis lore revamp bc they were a key part of my original lore, I have a lot of fun exploring Sornieth's magic system and translating game mechanisms into lore, and it shows! Ask me about my lore and I'll never shut up about it.
@Kaitorubel can i be added to the new pinglist? :)

Welcome to the Clan of Revenant! The word revenant means something that's returned from the dead, which I thought fit the vibe I was going for. It was started by a young Mirror named Belladonna who (after being exiled from her pack) roamed across Sornieth in search of companions. She saved Chance (a foundling raised as a tinkerer in the Shifting Expanse, then named Mercury) when he was struck by lightning, and then just.. ended up collecting more dragons. A wandering trio near the Churnscar Wharf, an assassin and his savior in the Zephyr Steppes, a runaway prophet, a pair of half-siblings, a young doctor setting out from her home in the Observatory, an ambitious void mage, a desperate assassin. They wandered for a while; moving from the Crystalspine Reaches after one too many monster attacks, then fleeing the Wandering Contagion, then finally finding a home in the Starwood Strand, at the base of the Evertree.

Interesting facts: Shade corruption plays a heavy part in lore, there's been a rebellion plot in the works for like two years now, I'm really excited but also lowkey worried for the Serthis lore revamp bc they were a key part of my original lore, I have a lot of fun exploring Sornieth's magic system and translating game mechanisms into lore, and it shows! Ask me about my lore and I'll never shut up about it.

qN1OyUr.png
P9aWhak.png
k0y5XOQ.png
CIvQ3bf.png
LRdLP2V.png
a5jtoDO.png
@Kaitorubel
I'm super pleased that someone decided to pick the thread up and brought this back to life. It's great to see everyone whining again. And I love the art you made for the header in the first post!

Please do add me to your new pinglist!
@Kaitorubel
I'm super pleased that someone decided to pick the thread up and brought this back to life. It's great to see everyone whining again. And I love the art you made for the header in the first post!

Please do add me to your new pinglist!

hh5n4WA.png
Wn94zHr.png
UTDCqkh.png
QUIpVFE.png
mlHpBMC.png

dRCKSyU.png
Would love to be added to the pinglist! I’m on a bit of a hiatus still but still want to kick myself back into the lore! (Especially since i’m rewriting most of it right now)

———————

Oasis clan began as two progens being generated into the world via earth magic and.. something disastrous (progen lore explained further down).

The two built a den in a small area surrounded by other newly made progens. However the shade attacked this area frequently and many dragons were infected and killed.

During this time the two progens, Windguide and Surge, were best friends with mirror dragon neighbours who already hatched their kids. Since W and S had kids too, the mirror dragons offered to babysit. W and S returned the favour when possible.

In the meantime they began to accept lost dragons and gain new members. Tragedy struck thanks to the shade and shortly after, the clan all left to find a better place.

The two guardian progens felt a sense of where to go, arriving after many days of desert flying to an Oasis surrounded by ruins of a civilisation. They began to settle in this new land, and once more became a shelter for dragons lost in a dangerous place.

Progen lore:

Progens (gen 1s) are a real dragon type in my world, they are generated by their specific element type (similar to the first obelisks being made of stone) and have the sole purpose to start a clan.

These dragons don’t have to have children, even though that is the intention by the gods. But their main goal is to protect the clan, and help create new ones.

There can be multiple progens in a clan, since the main purpose is protection. They are essentially sleeper warriors who can unleash untold fury on enemies too strong for gen 2+ to handle.
Would love to be added to the pinglist! I’m on a bit of a hiatus still but still want to kick myself back into the lore! (Especially since i’m rewriting most of it right now)

———————

Oasis clan began as two progens being generated into the world via earth magic and.. something disastrous (progen lore explained further down).

The two built a den in a small area surrounded by other newly made progens. However the shade attacked this area frequently and many dragons were infected and killed.

During this time the two progens, Windguide and Surge, were best friends with mirror dragon neighbours who already hatched their kids. Since W and S had kids too, the mirror dragons offered to babysit. W and S returned the favour when possible.

In the meantime they began to accept lost dragons and gain new members. Tragedy struck thanks to the shade and shortly after, the clan all left to find a better place.

The two guardian progens felt a sense of where to go, arriving after many days of desert flying to an Oasis surrounded by ruins of a civilisation. They began to settle in this new land, and once more became a shelter for dragons lost in a dangerous place.

Progen lore:

Progens (gen 1s) are a real dragon type in my world, they are generated by their specific element type (similar to the first obelisks being made of stone) and have the sole purpose to start a clan.

These dragons don’t have to have children, even though that is the intention by the gods. But their main goal is to protect the clan, and help create new ones.

There can be multiple progens in a clan, since the main purpose is protection. They are essentially sleeper warriors who can unleash untold fury on enemies too strong for gen 2+ to handle.
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 35 36