Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Fellow lore lairs?
1 2 3 4
they gots lore! but right now it's just little notes for most dragons! i also just opened a fodder rescue where i "beautify" fodder by giving them lore and outfits c: the premise is a merchant whom you pay to receive a dragon's services, from craftsdragons to mercenaries to mages. buuuut that's as far as my worldbuilding goes for now c':
they gots lore! but right now it's just little notes for most dragons! i also just opened a fodder rescue where i "beautify" fodder by giving them lore and outfits c: the premise is a merchant whom you pay to receive a dragon's services, from craftsdragons to mercenaries to mages. buuuut that's as far as my worldbuilding goes for now c':
My lair's main location, Kaiator, is a massive high-tech cyberpunk metropolis. We have all sorts of dragons, from cybernetic warriors and insurrectionists to more "ordinary" dragons like airship mechanics, a comic book store owner, a bar bouncer, poets and artists, etc.

A major sub-location is the Kaiator Library, a massive underground complex located beneath the city. It starts out as a fairly regular library (except for the size; there are literally miles of stacks) but as you go deeper it devolves into something completely feral (sort of like Terraria except with books everywhere, and the lure of potentially forbidden/lost knowledge).

Kaiator is located on a sort of nexus between worlds where the barrier between dimensions is thin. This is how we have commerce/immigration with Sornieth. However, not all worlds are friendly; in the backdrop of my clan lore is the Argon War, in which interdimensional invaders tried (unsuccessfully) to take over the city. Time-wise, we are currently in a period of postwar rebuilding/prosperity after the invaders were repelled.

The dimensional barrier gets thinner the deeper you go underground. Thus, explorers of the Kaiator Library sometimes fall into portals to other worlds (this is a thinly veiled excuse to write portal fantasy whenever I feel like it). Some of them wind up in Chronopolis, a dimensional pocket where those lost in time and space often congregate (i.e. my fodder tab).
My lair's main location, Kaiator, is a massive high-tech cyberpunk metropolis. We have all sorts of dragons, from cybernetic warriors and insurrectionists to more "ordinary" dragons like airship mechanics, a comic book store owner, a bar bouncer, poets and artists, etc.

A major sub-location is the Kaiator Library, a massive underground complex located beneath the city. It starts out as a fairly regular library (except for the size; there are literally miles of stacks) but as you go deeper it devolves into something completely feral (sort of like Terraria except with books everywhere, and the lure of potentially forbidden/lost knowledge).

Kaiator is located on a sort of nexus between worlds where the barrier between dimensions is thin. This is how we have commerce/immigration with Sornieth. However, not all worlds are friendly; in the backdrop of my clan lore is the Argon War, in which interdimensional invaders tried (unsuccessfully) to take over the city. Time-wise, we are currently in a period of postwar rebuilding/prosperity after the invaders were repelled.

The dimensional barrier gets thinner the deeper you go underground. Thus, explorers of the Kaiator Library sometimes fall into portals to other worlds (this is a thinly veiled excuse to write portal fantasy whenever I feel like it). Some of them wind up in Chronopolis, a dimensional pocket where those lost in time and space often congregate (i.e. my fodder tab).
Bubbly Buddy Razanei Lineage Project
Virtual Hibden
Breed Out the Ugly Challenge
My clan's got lore! Basic premise is that we're just another commercial clan in Lanternlea Port, but Sornieth being a magical fantasy setting means there's plenty of room for adventure. I love trying to figure out how magic would mesh with the more "mundane" aspects we're familiar with, such as making career choices or finding a new lair.

I also enjoy digging into some of the site's canon lore (Guardians and Charges, familiars, elemental magic). Figuring out how my characters would deal with that can be a great way to flesh them out!
My clan's got lore! Basic premise is that we're just another commercial clan in Lanternlea Port, but Sornieth being a magical fantasy setting means there's plenty of room for adventure. I love trying to figure out how magic would mesh with the more "mundane" aspects we're familiar with, such as making career choices or finding a new lair.

I also enjoy digging into some of the site's canon lore (Guardians and Charges, familiars, elemental magic). Figuring out how my characters would deal with that can be a great way to flesh them out!
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
Dragon mafia reporting for duty. My dragons run an illegal trading hub out of a dilapidated inn in the Tangled Wood. Lore is spread throughout their bios, although not all are completed yet.
Dragon mafia reporting for duty. My dragons run an illegal trading hub out of a dilapidated inn in the Tangled Wood. Lore is spread throughout their bios, although not all are completed yet.
Interested in Lore?
Come to the Silent Crow Outpost & Inn

Got a traveler to send through the Tangled Wood? Want to do business with the best of the worst? Maybe your ambassador just wants a fling and a new story in their bio? Look no further.
I'm always interested in lore exchanges and lore connections. I often sell lore dragons and will write custom bios if bribed lightly.
Dragons travel Sornieth, get beat up, and beat things up.
Dragons travel Sornieth, get beat up, and beat things up.
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
Don't have it all really written down, but my clan, the Ssairey-ehzrik, live in communities called branches along Water, Fire, and Lightning territory. Most of these branches are in the Great Divide, an expansive system of canyons. The outside population migrated from Wind to Water (indicative of my flight change) since their home was depleted of elemental energy due to Windsinger's abandonment. The main leaders that now act as judges corresponded with the indigenous population of the Great Divide and made an agreement to establish a community there preceding the big move.

Nowadays, the clan's researchers and linguists assist the aforementioned indigenous population in recovering information about the area's mythical figures known as patrons. The patrons are worshiped and looked to for guidance by a small group of believers who have rejected all eleven deities. Not many dragons have taken up the religion because there is still so little information surrounding patrons. The main branch boasts a noteworthy blacksmithing operation thanks to the main judges' daughter. The three keystones of Ssairey-ehzrik culture are language, the adaptability and useful properties of fire, and embracing everyone's uniqueness.

They also kind of have an underground warehouse facility tucked away in a secret spot, sshhh don't tell anyone. The Bunker's a fun place to be though if you're in on the secret. What they won't tell outsiders is they have a bunch of alien residents kicking around in there. At best, all they can describe these aliens as are sentient automatons in terms of Sornieth's language. These automatons have two different forms: their original bipedal one and a dragon form they can change back-and-forth between. But what if I told you this was my silly, lore-friendly attempt for integrating fandragons?
Don't have it all really written down, but my clan, the Ssairey-ehzrik, live in communities called branches along Water, Fire, and Lightning territory. Most of these branches are in the Great Divide, an expansive system of canyons. The outside population migrated from Wind to Water (indicative of my flight change) since their home was depleted of elemental energy due to Windsinger's abandonment. The main leaders that now act as judges corresponded with the indigenous population of the Great Divide and made an agreement to establish a community there preceding the big move.

Nowadays, the clan's researchers and linguists assist the aforementioned indigenous population in recovering information about the area's mythical figures known as patrons. The patrons are worshiped and looked to for guidance by a small group of believers who have rejected all eleven deities. Not many dragons have taken up the religion because there is still so little information surrounding patrons. The main branch boasts a noteworthy blacksmithing operation thanks to the main judges' daughter. The three keystones of Ssairey-ehzrik culture are language, the adaptability and useful properties of fire, and embracing everyone's uniqueness.

They also kind of have an underground warehouse facility tucked away in a secret spot, sshhh don't tell anyone. The Bunker's a fun place to be though if you're in on the secret. What they won't tell outsiders is they have a bunch of alien residents kicking around in there. At best, all they can describe these aliens as are sentient automatons in terms of Sornieth's language. These automatons have two different forms: their original bipedal one and a dragon form they can change back-and-forth between. But what if I told you this was my silly, lore-friendly attempt for integrating fandragons?
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
[peace signs]
My lair is kind of a dragon SCP Facility; it's based around an institute that captures and researches anomalous entities and events! There's lore for some of the facilities staff, some of the anomalies they contain, and the people who live in the area surrounding the facility.
It's all very horror based, lotta mysteries and weirdness going on, lotta scientific malpractice. Good stuff.
[peace signs]
My lair is kind of a dragon SCP Facility; it's based around an institute that captures and researches anomalous entities and events! There's lore for some of the facilities staff, some of the anomalies they contain, and the people who live in the area surrounding the facility.
It's all very horror based, lotta mysteries and weirdness going on, lotta scientific malpractice. Good stuff.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I wouldn't say I'm heavy on lore, but I do have quite a lot. Most of my dragons have written bios and I have a little lore thread where I keep track of specific stories or visitors, etc. The premise for mine is really just the clan... existing. Stories get added and new relationships are forged, or sometimes broken, when I bring in new dragons or deck out dragons with certain skins. It's basically always evolving, but the stories are generally kept pretty short. It is easier for me to maintain and not get burnt out (though I still need to re-write all the dragons that have old beastclan cannon - hhhh, ah well).
I wouldn't say I'm heavy on lore, but I do have quite a lot. Most of my dragons have written bios and I have a little lore thread where I keep track of specific stories or visitors, etc. The premise for mine is really just the clan... existing. Stories get added and new relationships are forged, or sometimes broken, when I bring in new dragons or deck out dragons with certain skins. It's basically always evolving, but the stories are generally kept pretty short. It is easier for me to maintain and not get burnt out (though I still need to re-write all the dragons that have old beastclan cannon - hhhh, ah well).
tumblr_inline_ofoo1lSs6W1tfmvub_100.png        Nature is forever

female · she/her
Please ping me in forums
Lore · For Sale · Avatar
I am a lore lair, not a big one by any means with a few dragons that just don't exist in it. But I do have a plot! Creepy forest angst go brrrrrrrr!!!!!!

I've even made a magic system for it that I'll need to make a seperate lore thread (currently working on it!) just to keep track of the rules
I am a lore lair, not a big one by any means with a few dragons that just don't exist in it. But I do have a plot! Creepy forest angst go brrrrrrrr!!!!!!

I've even made a magic system for it that I'll need to make a seperate lore thread (currently working on it!) just to keep track of the rules
ca4nyRv.png vZmPWxA.png
dIMtL1H.png HJLIYn4.png
tumblr_inline_njw5imw9Dw1qg2i5p.gif
m5Wt3n0.pnglAR8cRt.png0ZSX2ZT.png2eU40bl.pngD3ADKVK.pngPsCGMAP.png
HsTPUMH.pngHsTPUMH.png
Really, it's just a bunch of mostly dragon-like creatures chilling in a separate realm from FR cannon.
There's a village near the trail where it connects to the FR world, and some notable spots sort-of not far from the village, and then a biiiig realm beyond those places that is just there, and who knows what's out there.
Nothing real in-depth I don't think, probably a little nebulous- I just like to write fun little lore bits.
Really, it's just a bunch of mostly dragon-like creatures chilling in a separate realm from FR cannon.
There's a village near the trail where it connects to the FR world, and some notable spots sort-of not far from the village, and then a biiiig realm beyond those places that is just there, and who knows what's out there.
Nothing real in-depth I don't think, probably a little nebulous- I just like to write fun little lore bits.
52030.png
101.png
» Soulthreads
wishlist
dragons for sale
X
X
x
ed6b66583d31e626062d0eb47937ce359a118f7e.png
1 2 3 4