Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ancient #6 when
1 2 3
[quote name="Scintillia" date="2023-01-30 10:16:13" ] I'd like to see a modern breed drop before an ancient, but probably after the anniversary, like @/Panarow said. [/quote] for real [i]I'm trying so hard to be a good boi and not cause hype for that[/i] both during and after the carousel apparel stream since I saw those giant black squares blocking out what should be the 16th modern in the corner. And unlike ancients, moderns are obviously farther apart in development but my brain is picking apart things like wild in my head: slower apparel releases + lower # of new NOTN outfits + faster gene updates = possibly faster modern breed development Explanation: Most of the new non-holiday outfits in 2022 were recolors. The only exceptions that I could pick up while skimming through announcements forum were the Carousel, Garden outfits, and Arlo Digsite outfits (which also had recolors). I'm aware Arlo Digsites are BIG updates with apparel, familiars, and genes being released so that would also contribute to the slower process, though it's probably also doing wonders for development on any modern breeds while also putting out updates. If I missed something lemme know. [s]yes I'm getting deja vu too because there were similar arguments on what was going on in 2021 before Obelisks appeared[/s]
Scintillia wrote on 2023-01-30 10:16:13:
I'd like to see a modern breed drop before an ancient, but probably after the anniversary, like @/Panarow said.
for real

I'm trying so hard to be a good boi and not cause hype for that both during and after the carousel apparel stream since I saw those giant black squares blocking out what should be the 16th modern in the corner.

And unlike ancients, moderns are obviously farther apart in development but my brain is picking apart things like wild in my head:

slower apparel releases + lower # of new NOTN outfits + faster gene updates = possibly faster modern breed development

Explanation:
Most of the new non-holiday outfits in 2022 were recolors. The only exceptions that I could pick up while skimming through announcements forum were the Carousel, Garden outfits, and Arlo Digsite outfits (which also had recolors). I'm aware Arlo Digsites are BIG updates with apparel, familiars, and genes being released so that would also contribute to the slower process, though it's probably also doing wonders for development on any modern breeds while also putting out updates. If I missed something lemme know.

yes I'm getting deja vu too because there were similar arguments on what was going on in 2021 before Obelisks appeared
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
Whenever it is, I just hope there is another feat this year.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="DoubleO" date="2023-01-30 11:20:29" ] [quote name="Scintillia" date="2023-01-30 10:16:13" ] I'd like to see a modern breed drop before an ancient, but probably after the anniversary, like @/Panarow said. [/quote] for real [i]I'm trying so hard to be a good boi and not cause hype for that[/i] both during and after the carousel apparel stream since I saw those giant black squares blocking out what should be the 16th modern in the corner. And unlike ancients, moderns are obviously farther apart in development but my brain is picking apart things like wild in my head: slower apparel releases + lower # of new NOTN outfits + faster gene updates = possibly faster modern breed development Explanation: Most of the new non-holiday outfits in 2022 were recolors. The only exceptions that I could pick up while skimming through announcements forum were the Carousel, Garden outfits, and Arlo Digsite outfits (which also had recolors). I'm aware Arlo Digsites are BIG updates with apparel, familiars, and genes being released so that would also contribute to the slower process, though it's probably also doing wonders for development on any modern breeds while also putting out updates. If I missed something lemme know. [s]yes I'm getting deja vu too because there were similar arguments on what was going on in 2021 before Obelisks appeared[/s] [/quote] Considering there was a 5 year gap between the release of the Bogsneaks and Obelisks, I would've guessed we are due around the same mark, 2026. When you add up how many things [i]really[/i] need to be drawn... its a lot!! Right now, we have 3565 pieces of apparel and 111 genes x 177 colors... but you never know... I do think for a fact say that any genes & apparel that have been released between now and the Obelisk release are completed on the future modern breed(s) as well, and I'm sure future breeds have been a WIP even before the Obe release. So as a final guess I would say 2024 is the year of the new modern.
DoubleO wrote on 2023-01-30 11:20:29:
I'd like to see a modern breed drop before an ancient, but probably after the anniversary, like @/Panarow said.
for real

I'm trying so hard to be a good boi and not cause hype for that both during and after the carousel apparel stream since I saw those giant black squares blocking out what should be the 16th modern in the corner.

And unlike ancients, moderns are obviously farther apart in development but my brain is picking apart things like wild in my head:

slower apparel releases + lower # of new NOTN outfits + faster gene updates = possibly faster modern breed development

Explanation:
Most of the new non-holiday outfits in 2022 were recolors. The only exceptions that I could pick up while skimming through announcements forum were the Carousel, Garden outfits, and Arlo Digsite outfits (which also had recolors). I'm aware Arlo Digsites are BIG updates with apparel, familiars, and genes being released so that would also contribute to the slower process, though it's probably also doing wonders for development on any modern breeds while also putting out updates. If I missed something lemme know.

yes I'm getting deja vu too because there were similar arguments on what was going on in 2021 before Obelisks appeared

Considering there was a 5 year gap between the release of the Bogsneaks and Obelisks, I would've guessed we are due around the same mark, 2026. When you add up how many things really need to be drawn... its a lot!! Right now, we have 3565 pieces of apparel and 111 genes x 177 colors... but you never know...

I do think for a fact say that any genes & apparel that have been released between now and the Obelisk release are completed on the future modern breed(s) as well, and I'm sure future breeds have been a WIP even before the Obe release. So as a final guess I would say 2024 is the year of the new modern.

bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
[quote name="Eucyon" date="2023-01-30 11:57:49" ] [quote name="DoubleO" date="2023-01-30 11:20:29" ] [quote name="Scintillia" date="2023-01-30 10:16:13" ] I'd like to see a modern breed drop before an ancient, but probably after the anniversary, like @/Panarow said. [/quote] for real [i]I'm trying so hard to be a good boi and not cause hype for that[/i] both during and after the carousel apparel stream since I saw those giant black squares blocking out what should be the 16th modern in the corner. And unlike ancients, moderns are obviously farther apart in development but my brain is picking apart things like wild in my head: slower apparel releases + lower # of new NOTN outfits + faster gene updates = possibly faster modern breed development Explanation: Most of the new non-holiday outfits in 2022 were recolors. The only exceptions that I could pick up while skimming through announcements forum were the Carousel, Garden outfits, and Arlo Digsite outfits (which also had recolors). I'm aware Arlo Digsites are BIG updates with apparel, familiars, and genes being released so that would also contribute to the slower process, though it's probably also doing wonders for development on any modern breeds while also putting out updates. If I missed something lemme know. [s]yes I'm getting deja vu too because there were similar arguments on what was going on in 2021 before Obelisks appeared[/s] [/quote] Considering there was a 5 year gap between the release of the Bogsneaks and Obelisks, I would've guessed we are due around the same mark, 2026. When you add up how many things [i]really[/i] need to be drawn... its a lot!! Right now, we have 3565 pieces of apparel and 111 genes x 177 colors... but you never know... I do think for a fact say that any genes & apparel that have been released between now and the Obelisk release are completed on the future modern breed(s) as well, and I'm sure future breeds have been a WIP even before the Obe release. So as a final guess I would say 2024 is the year of the new modern. [/quote] One has to assume all the new apparel is being drawn on the new modern as they're creating it.. the worst bit has to be the backlog of the older apparel.
Eucyon wrote on 2023-01-30 11:57:49:
DoubleO wrote on 2023-01-30 11:20:29:
for real

Explanation:

Considering there was a 5 year gap between the release of the Bogsneaks and Obelisks, I would've guessed we are due around the same mark, 2026. When you add up how many things really need to be drawn... its a lot!! Right now, we have 3565 pieces of apparel and 111 genes x 177 colors... but you never know...

I do think for a fact say that any genes & apparel that have been released between now and the Obelisk release are completed on the future modern breed(s) as well, and I'm sure future breeds have been a WIP even before the Obe release. So as a final guess I would say 2024 is the year of the new modern.
One has to assume all the new apparel is being drawn on the new modern as they're creating it.. the worst bit has to be the backlog of the older apparel.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
@DoubleO @Eucyon The black boxes in the stream are old, *very* old! We had a livestream screenshot in 2013(!) where coatls, nocturnes, bogs, obbies (and another one) weren't released yet, but(!) there were a lot of black boxes! Coatls, Nocturnes, Bogs and Obbies are there now, but there was another black box! [img]https://i.imgur.com/iBr9Yvm.png[/img] Furthermore: There's a placeholder in the scrying workshop links are generated with numbered breeds: predict?breed=17 1 = Fae 2 = Guardian 3 = Mirror 4 = Pearlcatcher 5 = Ridgeback 6 = Tundra 7 = Spiral 8 = Imperial 9 = Snapper 10 = Wildclaw 11 = Nocturne 12 = Coatls 13 = Skydancer 14 = Bogsneak 15 = Obelisk 16 = Placeholder/Not in game yet 17 = Gaoler 18 = Banescale 19 = Veilspun 20 - Abs 21 - Tides So yeah, there's another modern in the works, that started way before Ancients were a thing! I doubt it'll release too soon though.
@DoubleO @Eucyon
The black boxes in the stream are old, *very* old! We had a livestream screenshot in 2013(!) where coatls, nocturnes, bogs, obbies (and another one) weren't released yet, but(!) there were a lot of black boxes! Coatls, Nocturnes, Bogs and Obbies are there now, but there was another black box!

iBr9Yvm.png

Furthermore:
There's a placeholder in the scrying workshop
links are generated with numbered breeds:
predict?breed=17

1 = Fae
2 = Guardian
3 = Mirror
4 = Pearlcatcher
5 = Ridgeback
6 = Tundra
7 = Spiral
8 = Imperial
9 = Snapper
10 = Wildclaw
11 = Nocturne
12 = Coatls
13 = Skydancer
14 = Bogsneak
15 = Obelisk
16 = Placeholder/Not in game yet
17 = Gaoler
18 = Banescale
19 = Veilspun
20 - Abs
21 - Tides

So yeah, there's another modern in the works, that started way before Ancients were a thing!
I doubt it'll release too soon though.
@Forumsdackel omg! I had no idea when that screenshot was from so considering that... super excited now!!
@Forumsdackel omg! I had no idea when that screenshot was from so considering that... super excited now!!
bopkvX7.png6uOrxEk.pnglPoxjfq.pngI90HedT.png4BDFKZ4.png
Definitely after the anniversary. We only got Undertides not that long ago, they still feel very new. And the Devs were saying how they weren't sure if they'd meet their mark: [quote=Xhaztol] It’s an ambitious goal—and there’s a chance that we may not meet it—but we wanted to start boldly.[/quote] So I doubt we'd be getting any ancient in the next few months. I think we should let Undertides settle in a little more too.
Definitely after the anniversary. We only got Undertides not that long ago, they still feel very new. And the Devs were saying how they weren't sure if they'd meet their mark:
Xhaztol wrote:
It’s an ambitious goal—and there’s a chance that we may not meet it—but we wanted to start boldly.

So I doubt we'd be getting any ancient in the next few months. I think we should let Undertides settle in a little more too.
oy11GHf.png tumblr_inline_ny7iugii4Q1qmzhvw_540.png
Wishlist | Lore Shop
[quote name="Natron" date="2023-01-30 11:56:35" ] Whenever it is, I just hope there is another feat this year. [/quote] BIG same. Dustcarve Dig was amazing and while I know they must take a while to put together, I want m o r e
Natron wrote on 2023-01-30 11:56:35:
BIG same. Dustcarve Dig was amazing and while I know they must take a while to put together, I want m o r e
@Forumsdackel I've seen it! That's why I'm excited. I went nuts because the stream showed us exactly where Obelisks sat in comparison to the old screenshots.

Though this is less of a "that means it's soon!!1!" excitement, and more like "omg this is the last 100% old breed on the site" excitement.

Doesn't stop my brain going full conspiracy theorist mode sometimes. It's part Spiral, where it can go off in huge bursts of energy.
@Forumsdackel I've seen it! That's why I'm excited. I went nuts because the stream showed us exactly where Obelisks sat in comparison to the old screenshots.

Though this is less of a "that means it's soon!!1!" excitement, and more like "omg this is the last 100% old breed on the site" excitement.

Doesn't stop my brain going full conspiracy theorist mode sometimes. It's part Spiral, where it can go off in huge bursts of energy.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
I am pretty sure they said the achievments would be released during their 10th anniversary and that is June. I would imagine it'll be after this as that will take up alot of time to get it all set up. I would like to guess a month after ? does that give enough time ... Maybe August and I feel like it will be the element of the holiday the month it is released. Just my guess. It would be huge though if light ancients released at the same time, like bam! what O.O [emoji=nocturne star size=1] but doubt that.
I am pretty sure they said the achievments would be released during their 10th anniversary and that is June.

I would imagine it'll be after this as that will take up alot of time to get it all set up. I would like to guess a month after ? does that give enough time ...

Maybe August and I feel like it will be the element of the holiday the month it is released. Just my guess.

It would be huge though if light ancients released at the same time, like bam! what O.O but doubt that.
H3F42Xv.png VHFsfxu.gif gZJK8U8.png oNZeeYr.gif gU2ykYl.png
1 2 3