Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | ancient #6 when
1 2 3
Well, Idk how things go as I was only around for the Undertide release, but apparently abberitions have been out for under a year.
Well, Idk how things go as I was only around for the Undertide release, but apparently abberitions have been out for under a year.
?1yJ3f=platform.png
RSUsSvx.png
They are adding achievements? I took a long break and came back and there were 6 new dragons so apparently I've missed a lot haha.
They are adding achievements? I took a long break and came back and there were 6 new dragons so apparently I've missed a lot haha.
@Ahleu they recently announced what their plan was for the 10th anniversary in this thread here.

Beyond that, I'm guessing by 6 dragons you mean Gaolers, Banescales, Veilspuns, Obelisks, Aberrations, and Undertides? So you took your break in... 2018/early 2019? Welcome back!

Ancient dragons are part of a new system where we can get more dragon breeds in less time BUT we cannot dress them. This can be read in-depth here.

There will still be modern breeds like Obelisks, but due to the high number of apparel items that need to be drawn for them, their development can take multiple years to complete.

Meanwhile, we can have scenarios where we get 1-2 ancient breeds within a year, though admittedly one year was skipped (2021) because of expected delays with Aberrations, and coincidentally it was the year where we got Obelisks so not too many people were mad.
@Ahleu they recently announced what their plan was for the 10th anniversary in this thread here.

Beyond that, I'm guessing by 6 dragons you mean Gaolers, Banescales, Veilspuns, Obelisks, Aberrations, and Undertides? So you took your break in... 2018/early 2019? Welcome back!

Ancient dragons are part of a new system where we can get more dragon breeds in less time BUT we cannot dress them. This can be read in-depth here.

There will still be modern breeds like Obelisks, but due to the high number of apparel items that need to be drawn for them, their development can take multiple years to complete.

Meanwhile, we can have scenarios where we get 1-2 ancient breeds within a year, though admittedly one year was skipped (2021) because of expected delays with Aberrations, and coincidentally it was the year where we got Obelisks so not too many people were mad.
Local Overthinker, He/Him, Pings and notifications are fine.
@DoubleO Yes. I think I came back at the end of the month for a few of the flight festivals here and there. Thanks for letting me know about the ancient breeds. I had a whole bunch of apparel outfits planned for future dragons. I would of been very disappointed when I went to go equip apparel.

I guess it makes sense with some of the new genes. Like the gaolor has some very fluffy gene options.
@DoubleO Yes. I think I came back at the end of the month for a few of the flight festivals here and there. Thanks for letting me know about the ancient breeds. I had a whole bunch of apparel outfits planned for future dragons. I would of been very disappointed when I went to go equip apparel.

I guess it makes sense with some of the new genes. Like the gaolor has some very fluffy gene options.
I can (hopefully) be patient for AB6, but I really hope we get some sort of teaser for it like Veils and Berries got! The Berry silhouette sustained talk in the forums for like... the better part of a year, at least (I was on team three heads, but oops, it was a wing).
It's just, teasers give little dribbles of hope to get people chattering, even if the priorities can't be on new content atm.
I can (hopefully) be patient for AB6, but I really hope we get some sort of teaser for it like Veils and Berries got! The Berry silhouette sustained talk in the forums for like... the better part of a year, at least (I was on team three heads, but oops, it was a wing).
It's just, teasers give little dribbles of hope to get people chattering, even if the priorities can't be on new content atm.
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[quote name="Scintillia" date="2023-01-30 10:16:13" ] I'd like to see a modern breed drop before an ancient, but probably after the anniversary, like @/Panarow said. [/quote] We aren’t getting another modern breed for at least four years, just based on how long it takes to do all that apparel
Scintillia wrote on 2023-01-30 10:16:13:
I'd like to see a modern breed drop before an ancient, but probably after the anniversary, like @/Panarow said.
We aren’t getting another modern breed for at least four years, just based on how long it takes to do all that apparel
66.png
id say we're going to get at least 2 more ancients before we get another modern, as was said above me. as for when the next one is coming, id say sometime in the summer after the anniversary. i think we'll get a little teaser then (similar to the abe silhouette we got) near/on the anniversary then the dragon a couple months later
id say we're going to get at least 2 more ancients before we get another modern, as was said above me. as for when the next one is coming, id say sometime in the summer after the anniversary. i think we'll get a little teaser then (similar to the abe silhouette we got) near/on the anniversary then the dragon a couple months later
1Wa1sIi.gif
felix || he/they
I'm guessing it'll be after anniversary. In the meantime, we have the Heart-themed mini festival, another flight festival after that, and then in March spring swarm, and another flight festival. April first is April Fool's day event. Lots going on. This is just the calm before the storm.
I'm guessing it'll be after anniversary. In the meantime, we have the Heart-themed mini festival, another flight festival after that, and then in March spring swarm, and another flight festival. April first is April Fool's day event. Lots going on. This is just the calm before the storm.
Y02PS6v.png
i'm kinda guessing the next ancient (or modern, if we're that lucky!) won't be until after the anniversary - i imagine the devs have a lot on their plate with the achievement system rewrite :0

plus undertides were just a few months ago, they still feel pretty new to me!
i'm kinda guessing the next ancient (or modern, if we're that lucky!) won't be until after the anniversary - i imagine the devs have a lot on their plate with the achievement system rewrite :0

plus undertides were just a few months ago, they still feel pretty new to me!
~~~~~~~
my naym is eef
and wen its day
and wen the ywen
is gonne awaye
and all the cats
hav gonn desyrt
i lye on ground
i eet the dirt
~ a vertical line that looks like the side of a speech bubblea pixel of a stone/beige/brown tundra wearing dark cloth and various jewelry
1 2 3