Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Eternal Snow confuses me
1 2 3
Okay I know I'm completely overthinking this but Eternal Snow as a currency has always confused me. Like...from a visual standpoint, if you have a bunch in a pile, how do you know how many you have? How does Joxar count them? Why do they have to be piles? Snowballs would make a bit more sense. Or icicles. Eternal Icicles. Am I alone in this? I probably am. From here on out, I'm going to assume the snow is packed neatly in individual jars, or else I'm going to lose my mind [emoji=nocturne laughing size=2]
Okay I know I'm completely overthinking this but Eternal Snow as a currency has always confused me. Like...from a visual standpoint, if you have a bunch in a pile, how do you know how many you have? How does Joxar count them? Why do they have to be piles? Snowballs would make a bit more sense. Or icicles. Eternal Icicles.

Am I alone in this? I probably am.

From here on out, I'm going to assume the snow is packed neatly in individual jars, or else I'm going to lose my mind
wsC9LP4.jpg
You just make a bunch of tiny snowballs so you can claim you have all this currency when you actually only have like five regular snowballs worth-

Then Joxar would have to have a literal snowball measurer, which is a hilarious image to think about
You just make a bunch of tiny snowballs so you can claim you have all this currency when you actually only have like five regular snowballs worth-

Then Joxar would have to have a literal snowball measurer, which is a hilarious image to think about
Untitled47-20231219225403.png
FObX7rS.png5hF3FGk.png
fDSaoY3.pngNN9NPXA.pngtqGkHih.png
Untitled48-20231219225437.png
Dragons all carry a measuring cup during the Crystalline Gala. They have to scoop the snow and pack it in to count it out when they want to make purchases. It takes an awfully long time, really.
Dragons all carry a measuring cup during the Crystalline Gala. They have to scoop the snow and pack it in to count it out when they want to make purchases. It takes an awfully long time, really.
zhMvOXK.png
The value is based on weight. Joxar weighs it all out on a scale to determine what you're able to purchase.

Or at least that's my theory.
The value is based on weight. Joxar weighs it all out on a scale to determine what you're able to purchase.

I always assumed there's just a standart volume of snow that counts as "one pile". And they measure it with a cup or something. Since it's eternal it's probably the kind that stays pourable (like when its really-really cold) and not the "melting into a droopy blob in your hands as you squish it" kind.
I always assumed there's just a standart volume of snow that counts as "one pile". And they measure it with a cup or something. Since it's eternal it's probably the kind that stays pourable (like when its really-really cold) and not the "melting into a droopy blob in your hands as you squish it" kind.
[quote name="BlackPunkBird" date="2023-01-22 07:20:47" ] I always assumed there's just a standart volume of snow that counts as "one pile". And they measure it with a cup or something. Since it's eternal it's probably the kind that stays pourable (like when its really-really cold) and not the "melting into a droopy blob in your hands as you squish it" kind. [/quote] Same. I also imagine Joxar has a flame thrower to test for false eternal piles of snow.
BlackPunkBird wrote on 2023-01-22 07:20:47:
Same. I also imagine Joxar has a flame thrower to test for false eternal piles of snow.
Y02PS6v.png
Old-timey money counter scales
Old-timey money counter scales
cDDSaqc.png
it's a snow poff
it's a snow poff
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
How do you tell the difference between eternal snow and regular snow? Is it shiner?
How do you tell the difference between eternal snow and regular snow? Is it shiner?
[quote name="Teeka" date="2023-01-22 06:40:21" ] The value is based on weight. Joxar weighs it all out on a scale to determine what you're able to purchase. Or at least that's my theory. [/quote] yeah that's what i thought too. it would be funny if Joxar rolled them into snowballs though. for funsies.
Teeka wrote on 2023-01-22 06:40:21:

yeah that's what i thought too. it would be funny if Joxar rolled them into snowballs though. for funsies.
littel_guy.png Alex or Rex
They/He
FR +1
Pinging is OK
Dragon Sales
1 2 3