Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Some random lore questions
1 2 3 4
A while ago- I think a year now lol- I made 100 lore questions and said I might make a weekly / biweekly thing where I make more questions with themes... And I *might* still do that. Questions keep popping into my head that I've been writing down here and there.

I do have a list of potential themes to go along with but for now I decided to do kind of general stuff that just popped into my head. (Also, my brain is kinda slow so if you have suggestions for themes that'd be cool)

But yeah here's 15 random questions that popped into my head while grinding in the Coli lol

1. Does your clan celebrate the passing of a year like we do?

2. Are there any crazy mythical creatures in your lore? Or alternatively; Cryptids?

3. For a long time, humans used colors like purple and gold to symbolize royalty. Is any color seen/used as royal exclusive or for important individuals?

4. Can all dragons realistically fly in your lore? Or are some grounded due to their small wings? (Snappers/Bogsneaks)

5. Is your clan aiding in the search for Tidepop?

6. Is your clan at all concerned about what happened to Eartdad?

7. Any concern for what may happen to future deities?

8. How did your clan handle the whole thing with the Obelisks?

9. Earthdad made the Obelisks himself. Yet when we as players obtained them, they randomly had other elements after being "hatched" and were not exclusively Earth... Did anyone in your clan notice such or was it even a concern? Was it potentially explained in your lore?

10. How'd your clan come across the first Undertide?

11. Actually, how does your clan feel in general to these Ancients popping up?

12. Is there any bad blood between Ancient and Modern counterparts? (Gaolers feeling contempt/resentment towards Tundras or vise-versa.)

13. Is the Shade a factor / relevant in your lore?

14. We often joke about certain features on dragons, (long neck Fae, male Ridgeback nose, etc.) would your dragons joke amongst themselves about another's appearance at all?

15. Would certain dragons be seen as more beautiful / attractive to others dependent on their genes / colors? (Like to us a tomato poison/moss eye spots/eldritch thylacine isn't seen as a pretty dragon, but in-universe / lore it'd be beautiful to plenty of dragons.)

Aaaaand that's it for now.
A while ago- I think a year now lol- I made 100 lore questions and said I might make a weekly / biweekly thing where I make more questions with themes... And I *might* still do that. Questions keep popping into my head that I've been writing down here and there.

I do have a list of potential themes to go along with but for now I decided to do kind of general stuff that just popped into my head. (Also, my brain is kinda slow so if you have suggestions for themes that'd be cool)

But yeah here's 15 random questions that popped into my head while grinding in the Coli lol

2. Are there any crazy mythical creatures in your lore? Or alternatively; Cryptids?

3. For a long time, humans used colors like purple and gold to symbolize royalty. Is any color seen/used as royal exclusive or for important individuals?

4. Can all dragons realistically fly in your lore? Or are some grounded due to their small wings? (Snappers/Bogsneaks)

9. Earthdad made the Obelisks himself. Yet when we as players obtained them, they randomly had other elements after being "hatched" and were not exclusively Earth... Did anyone in your clan notice such or was it even a concern? Was it potentially explained in your lore?

12. Is there any bad blood between Ancient and Modern counterparts? (Gaolers feeling contempt/resentment towards Tundras or vise-versa.)

14. We often joke about certain features on dragons, (long neck Fae, male Ridgeback nose, etc.) would your dragons joke amongst themselves about another's appearance at all?

15. Would certain dragons be seen as more beautiful / attractive to others dependent on their genes / colors? (Like to us a tomato poison/moss eye spots/eldritch thylacine isn't seen as a pretty dragon, but in-universe / lore it'd be beautiful to plenty of dragons.)

Aaaaand that's it for now.
~*My g1s for sale*~
She/Her
Baby bat goth
Chat with me anything Undertale/Deltarune
My avatar dragon (click)
answering this questions cause i like them!

1. Does your clan celebrate the passing of a year like we do?:
yes, they do! they usually spend time with each other till midnight to fire some fireworks whos flares looks like the deities, the castle is open for everyone for the whole day, they can eat there, do some activities, or just looks around. the king and queen won't mind, neither the plague being.

2. Are there any crazy mythical creatures in your lore? Or alternatively; Cryptids?:
yes.
there's a myth around the kingdom about "the awakened one" one of the plague beings "friend", it doesn't attempt to destroy the kingdom with the being there. but it can destroy, rebuild and foresee the the future.

3. For a long time, humans used colors like purple and gold to symbolize royalty. Is any color seen/used as royal exclusive or for important individuals?:
hmm. no, since they're not like other kingdoms they don't have any color to symbolize royalty.

4. Can all dragons realistically fly in your lore? Or are some grounded due to their small wings? (Snappers/Bogsneaks):
most yes. eternal young dragons usually fly faster then most, ito is land bound while mizuki isn't,
this is a whole can of worms that i am afraid to touch LMAO

5. Is your clan aiding in the search for Tidepop?:
king and queen are helping with dragons who are interested to find the tidelord, they do not want any of their guards to be hurt so they're the ones who usually tries to search for him.

6. Is your clan at all concerned about what happened to Eartdad?:
nope, they all believe that the earth deity is good and well due to the great arcanist visiting the plague being and giving it some updates on the search for the tidelord

7. Any concern for what may happen to future deities?:
no not at all but most are concerned about the shadow deity finding them

8. How did your clan handle the whole thing with the Obelisks?:
they vibe within the kingdom due to their loyalty to help with their duties.

9. Earthdad made the Obelisks himself. Yet when we as players obtained them, they randomly had other elements after being "hatched" and were not exclusively Earth... Did anyone in your clan notice such or was it even a concern? Was it potentially explained in your lore?:
most but they always shrugged this thought off

10. How'd your clan come across the first Undertide?:
ever since the accident between the king and queen most were concerned for their health. they're doing fine and the citizens will always welcome any species to the kingdom

11. Actually, how does your clan feel in general to these Ancients popping up?:
since little to no ancients were causing any threat to the lands they don't mind living with them.

12. Is there any bad blood between Ancient and Modern counterparts? (Gaolers feeling contempt/resentment towards Tundras or vise-versa.):
nah.

13. Is the Shade a factor / relevant in your lore?:
maybe but not too sure since the plague being drives off any evil dragons that were found in the kingdom, somehow the evil statue that resides in a churches hasn't been found by it, i'm surprised by that lol

14. We often joke about certain features on dragons, (long neck Fae, male Ridgeback nose, etc.) would your dragons joke amongst themselves about another's appearance at all?:
they all do, they always laugh about most features among the species, lol

15. Would certain dragons be seen as more beautiful / attractive to others dependent on their genes / colors? (Like to us a tomato poison/moss eye spots/eldritch thylacine isn't seen as a pretty dragon, but in-universe / lore it'd be beautiful to plenty of dragons.):
no, not at all since the kingdom is driven by welcomeness and being nice to one another, they literally have a infected snapper within their lands who helps with the commanders duties due to her having experience with fighting and hunting.
answering this questions cause i like them!

1. Does your clan celebrate the passing of a year like we do?:
yes, they do! they usually spend time with each other till midnight to fire some fireworks whos flares looks like the deities, the castle is open for everyone for the whole day, they can eat there, do some activities, or just looks around. the king and queen won't mind, neither the plague being.

2. Are there any crazy mythical creatures in your lore? Or alternatively; Cryptids?:
yes.
there's a myth around the kingdom about "the awakened one" one of the plague beings "friend", it doesn't attempt to destroy the kingdom with the being there. but it can destroy, rebuild and foresee the the future.

3. For a long time, humans used colors like purple and gold to symbolize royalty. Is any color seen/used as royal exclusive or for important individuals?:
hmm. no, since they're not like other kingdoms they don't have any color to symbolize royalty.

4. Can all dragons realistically fly in your lore? Or are some grounded due to their small wings? (Snappers/Bogsneaks):
most yes. eternal young dragons usually fly faster then most, ito is land bound while mizuki isn't,
this is a whole can of worms that i am afraid to touch LMAO

5. Is your clan aiding in the search for Tidepop?:
king and queen are helping with dragons who are interested to find the tidelord, they do not want any of their guards to be hurt so they're the ones who usually tries to search for him.

6. Is your clan at all concerned about what happened to Eartdad?:
nope, they all believe that the earth deity is good and well due to the great arcanist visiting the plague being and giving it some updates on the search for the tidelord

7. Any concern for what may happen to future deities?:
no not at all but most are concerned about the shadow deity finding them

8. How did your clan handle the whole thing with the Obelisks?:
they vibe within the kingdom due to their loyalty to help with their duties.

9. Earthdad made the Obelisks himself. Yet when we as players obtained them, they randomly had other elements after being "hatched" and were not exclusively Earth... Did anyone in your clan notice such or was it even a concern? Was it potentially explained in your lore?:
most but they always shrugged this thought off

10. How'd your clan come across the first Undertide?:
ever since the accident between the king and queen most were concerned for their health. they're doing fine and the citizens will always welcome any species to the kingdom

11. Actually, how does your clan feel in general to these Ancients popping up?:
since little to no ancients were causing any threat to the lands they don't mind living with them.

12. Is there any bad blood between Ancient and Modern counterparts? (Gaolers feeling contempt/resentment towards Tundras or vise-versa.):
nah.

13. Is the Shade a factor / relevant in your lore?:
maybe but not too sure since the plague being drives off any evil dragons that were found in the kingdom, somehow the evil statue that resides in a churches hasn't been found by it, i'm surprised by that lol

14. We often joke about certain features on dragons, (long neck Fae, male Ridgeback nose, etc.) would your dragons joke amongst themselves about another's appearance at all?:
they all do, they always laugh about most features among the species, lol

15. Would certain dragons be seen as more beautiful / attractive to others dependent on their genes / colors? (Like to us a tomato poison/moss eye spots/eldritch thylacine isn't seen as a pretty dragon, but in-universe / lore it'd be beautiful to plenty of dragons.):
no, not at all since the kingdom is driven by welcomeness and being nice to one another, they literally have a infected snapper within their lands who helps with the commanders duties due to her having experience with fighting and hunting.
7GFlGJN.pngu0zgn1V.pngCXKi6Gq.pngXGtgfcm.pngd3XCZt0.pngu0xFVz1.png6bJPt0y.pngMbe1yYW.pngn0nopNr.pngSwhjRD4.pnghaRlyz4.pngTkQY47D.pngxe4FQbY.pngUntitled339_20230721183750.pngUc6vApJ.png
lG9UFR1.png

Yes, in a way. They don’t have a massive party, but individuals will get together and have drinks/some good food. No fireworks though…they might attract the wrong sort of attention.

Not everyone celebrates, but then that’s fine.

I’ve got a few monsters and spirits. There’s a Shade-possessed Pearlcatcher statue in the main square.

Nah. A lot of clan members don’t even care that much about what they wear, let alone the colour.

They can mostly fly, yes. Those that have big enough wings, anyway. A few might use magic to help, or maybe the steampunk wing sets if their wings aren’t up to long flights. Some are grounded, but that’s due to injury.

Not really.

No.

Not really. They’re not that bothered about any of the deities to be honest.

Well…they seem to be alright. Emerging from statues is a little odd, but then again, the clan have seen odder things happen before.

Honestly…not really. They just assumed that since dragons normally come from different locations - then it must be the same for these guys.

Bedwyr found them, as it happened. He’d been exploring the shallow waters around the clan’s coastline, and came across a few members fishing. There was a bit of tension at first, but things soon got sorted out between them.

Varies. Some feel that it’s a sign that something bad might happen. Others are just happy to have new friends.

Eh…that’s not something I’ve really explored much. Maybe?

Yes. There’s at least one individual who has had contact with the Shade.

Some might. Doing so publicly is frowned upon, but yeah, there might be a few comments on someone’s appearance in private.

Thinking on it, yes. There’s a couple (both in my lore and on site) who are nothing remarkable in terms of genes/colours, but they must’ve seen something in each other.

Yes, in a way. They don’t have a massive party, but individuals will get together and have drinks/some good food. No fireworks though…they might attract the wrong sort of attention.

Not everyone celebrates, but then that’s fine.

I’ve got a few monsters and spirits. There’s a Shade-possessed Pearlcatcher statue in the main square.

Nah. A lot of clan members don’t even care that much about what they wear, let alone the colour.

They can mostly fly, yes. Those that have big enough wings, anyway. A few might use magic to help, or maybe the steampunk wing sets if their wings aren’t up to long flights. Some are grounded, but that’s due to injury.

Not really.

No.

Not really. They’re not that bothered about any of the deities to be honest.

Well…they seem to be alright. Emerging from statues is a little odd, but then again, the clan have seen odder things happen before.

Honestly…not really. They just assumed that since dragons normally come from different locations - then it must be the same for these guys.

Bedwyr found them, as it happened. He’d been exploring the shallow waters around the clan’s coastline, and came across a few members fishing. There was a bit of tension at first, but things soon got sorted out between them.

Varies. Some feel that it’s a sign that something bad might happen. Others are just happy to have new friends.

Eh…that’s not something I’ve really explored much. Maybe?

Yes. There’s at least one individual who has had contact with the Shade.

Some might. Doing so publicly is frowned upon, but yeah, there might be a few comments on someone’s appearance in private.

Thinking on it, yes. There’s a couple (both in my lore and on site) who are nothing remarkable in terms of genes/colours, but they must’ve seen something in each other.

68626024.png
1. Does your clan celebrate the passing of a year like we do? Yes! Crazy festivals, magic fireworks, a massive feast!

2. Are there any crazy mythical creatures in your lore? Or alternatively; Cryptids? Protogens and dutchies canonically exist in my lore. Other than that only what is canon. Thats crazy enough.

3. For a long time, humans used colors like purple and gold to symbolize royalty. Is any color seen/used as royal exclusive or for important individuals? Blue.

4. Can all dragons realistically fly in your lore? Or are some grounded due to their small wings? (Snappers/Bogsneaks) Some are disabled, others cant fly because of there species.

5. Is your clan aiding in the search for Tidepop? Thats water clans buisness.

6. Is your clan at all concerned about what happened to Eartdad? Mildly concerned, but still minding there own clans business.

7. Any concern on what may happen to future dieties?
They are scared that flamemother or baldwin (he´s worshiped as a diety in my lore) is gonna disappear. Especially because baldwin isn't immortal like the others.

They just welcomed them in! Were all dragons after all. I imagine snappers were a little salty though.

9. Earthdad made the Obelisks himself. Yet when we as players obtained them, they randomly had other elements after being "hatched" and were not exclusively Earth... Did anyone in your clan notice such or was it even a concern? Was it potentially explained in your lore? They just thought it was on purpose. They do not care.

A fishing dragon went deep sea diving, and found one.

Some of them are seen as uncivilized, but they don't hate them.

No. We don't hold any bad blood.

Yes. Its canon the things in the coli are shade possesed.
They call faes bugs.
Blue dragons are pretty.
1. Does your clan celebrate the passing of a year like we do? Yes! Crazy festivals, magic fireworks, a massive feast!

2. Are there any crazy mythical creatures in your lore? Or alternatively; Cryptids? Protogens and dutchies canonically exist in my lore. Other than that only what is canon. Thats crazy enough.

3. For a long time, humans used colors like purple and gold to symbolize royalty. Is any color seen/used as royal exclusive or for important individuals? Blue.

4. Can all dragons realistically fly in your lore? Or are some grounded due to their small wings? (Snappers/Bogsneaks) Some are disabled, others cant fly because of there species.

5. Is your clan aiding in the search for Tidepop? Thats water clans buisness.

6. Is your clan at all concerned about what happened to Eartdad? Mildly concerned, but still minding there own clans business.

7. Any concern on what may happen to future dieties?
They are scared that flamemother or baldwin (he´s worshiped as a diety in my lore) is gonna disappear. Especially because baldwin isn't immortal like the others.

They just welcomed them in! Were all dragons after all. I imagine snappers were a little salty though.

9. Earthdad made the Obelisks himself. Yet when we as players obtained them, they randomly had other elements after being "hatched" and were not exclusively Earth... Did anyone in your clan notice such or was it even a concern? Was it potentially explained in your lore? They just thought it was on purpose. They do not care.

A fishing dragon went deep sea diving, and found one.

Some of them are seen as uncivilized, but they don't hate them.

No. We don't hold any bad blood.

Yes. Its canon the things in the coli are shade possesed.
They call faes bugs.
Blue dragons are pretty.
KuZvF.gif
jW4oH.gif
9JEQK.gif

She/they, loves animals! My favorites are tigers, Leopard Geckos, and cats. My username means the study of cats.

Mine likely wouldn't, at very least i haven't written lore about it

None that haven't been proven as real. Examples being shade touched or emperors. However i do imagine they fear land wyrms/sand worms that swallow dragons whole- and similar desert based cryptids.

They also believe in desert zombies who lure you in with cries for help before dragging you below the sand with them.

Not really, it's more about respect than showing off. Partly due to the limited resources my clan has access too- clothes are a bit luxurious in themselves. And you're expected to wear those same clothes for a long time.

Yep! Only ones who can't are Gaolers because.. even i can't stretch my imagination that far

Nope, though in my lore the disappearance of him led to water dragon security concerns. Leading to my random progen having to go over there and be a guard for a bit.

Though my clan is hybrid earth/water, so they are invested in the search.

To be completely honest i forgot all about that bit. But they'd definitely be living in fear.

They aren't too concerned what happens to other deities. Except of course certain dragons who have a fondness for their home element.

With welcoming arms. Though some of the wary non-earth dragons were hesitant about it all. But especially with one of my progens been turned into one, they've gotten used to them.

Yep! Mine was actually water. So it's explained that been so close to the water in the cave, he got the magic energies of water instead.

But i also like to think it's due to earthpop wanting to unite the flights again. Thus making them different flights in some sort of message to his fellow deities that he still is open to peace?

Well uh.. they haven't yet ^-^' i barely missed the update so no undertide scroll. Though i've no desire for one yet anyway

Not too fussed, tho abs make them very concerned about what other horrors plaguemom could be hiding.

Not really, if anything i imagine they're treated like older/younger siblings. Though some would definitely not approve of their counterpart.

YES. Infact it plays a huge role in my lore overall

Depends on the dragon really. Though i imagine there are a few things associated with certain breeds consistently. Like mono toned faes even when my lore has mostly expressive faes.

Yep! Personal preferences and all

Mine likely wouldn't, at very least i haven't written lore about it

None that haven't been proven as real. Examples being shade touched or emperors. However i do imagine they fear land wyrms/sand worms that swallow dragons whole- and similar desert based cryptids.

They also believe in desert zombies who lure you in with cries for help before dragging you below the sand with them.

Not really, it's more about respect than showing off. Partly due to the limited resources my clan has access too- clothes are a bit luxurious in themselves. And you're expected to wear those same clothes for a long time.

Yep! Only ones who can't are Gaolers because.. even i can't stretch my imagination that far

Nope, though in my lore the disappearance of him led to water dragon security concerns. Leading to my random progen having to go over there and be a guard for a bit.

Though my clan is hybrid earth/water, so they are invested in the search.

To be completely honest i forgot all about that bit. But they'd definitely be living in fear.

They aren't too concerned what happens to other deities. Except of course certain dragons who have a fondness for their home element.

With welcoming arms. Though some of the wary non-earth dragons were hesitant about it all. But especially with one of my progens been turned into one, they've gotten used to them.

Yep! Mine was actually water. So it's explained that been so close to the water in the cave, he got the magic energies of water instead.

But i also like to think it's due to earthpop wanting to unite the flights again. Thus making them different flights in some sort of message to his fellow deities that he still is open to peace?

Well uh.. they haven't yet ^-^' i barely missed the update so no undertide scroll. Though i've no desire for one yet anyway

Not too fussed, tho abs make them very concerned about what other horrors plaguemom could be hiding.

Not really, if anything i imagine they're treated like older/younger siblings. Though some would definitely not approve of their counterpart.

YES. Infact it plays a huge role in my lore overall

Depends on the dragon really. Though i imagine there are a few things associated with certain breeds consistently. Like mono toned faes even when my lore has mostly expressive faes.

Yep! Personal preferences and all
..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
Nope, although they celebrate other things.

Nothing 'crazy' currently, shade-possession and emperors exist in my lore. Amusingly enough tough, most of the clan view Ancients as myths or hatchling stories due to never seeing one.

Colour-wise, no. Apparel is used to signify a dragon's role, however.

No, other than using magic, dragons with a length longer than their wingspan are incapable of flight.

Attempts were made at first, and the result lead to no further attempts being made.

The clan does not care for the Earthshaker.

The clan would care heavily if anything happened to the Icewarden.

The clan is unaware of Obelisks nor their arrival.

The clan is unaware of Obelisks even existing, outside of vague stories, although if any appeared near the clan claiming to be a child of the Earthshaker yet bearing the eyes of an Ice dragon... It would likely not end well.

They haven't, yet. (I'm unsure if I should introduce Undertides to my clan, mainly due to the fact my clan is meant to be only Ice Tundras but I know a perfect way to introduce Undertides and other ancients...)

11. Actually, how does your clan feel in general to these Ancients popping up
Most of the clan is unaware or oblivious to the return of Ancient dragons, it probably doesn't help that most ancient dragons are seen as the stuff of hatchling stories and myths.

Currently none of the clan have met any ancients, although meeting one would likely cause heavy speculation and debate within the clan.

Yes, just haven't written it yet...

They likely would not joke about their own appearances, but may comment on other dragon breeds' appearances.

Personal preferences, some may find others beautiful whereas others may find them less than so. Although overall clan view is that camouflage is a top priority over being bright and colourful.
Nope, although they celebrate other things.

Nothing 'crazy' currently, shade-possession and emperors exist in my lore. Amusingly enough tough, most of the clan view Ancients as myths or hatchling stories due to never seeing one.

Colour-wise, no. Apparel is used to signify a dragon's role, however.

No, other than using magic, dragons with a length longer than their wingspan are incapable of flight.

Attempts were made at first, and the result lead to no further attempts being made.

The clan does not care for the Earthshaker.

The clan would care heavily if anything happened to the Icewarden.

The clan is unaware of Obelisks nor their arrival.

The clan is unaware of Obelisks even existing, outside of vague stories, although if any appeared near the clan claiming to be a child of the Earthshaker yet bearing the eyes of an Ice dragon... It would likely not end well.

They haven't, yet. (I'm unsure if I should introduce Undertides to my clan, mainly due to the fact my clan is meant to be only Ice Tundras but I know a perfect way to introduce Undertides and other ancients...)

11. Actually, how does your clan feel in general to these Ancients popping up
Most of the clan is unaware or oblivious to the return of Ancient dragons, it probably doesn't help that most ancient dragons are seen as the stuff of hatchling stories and myths.

Currently none of the clan have met any ancients, although meeting one would likely cause heavy speculation and debate within the clan.

Yes, just haven't written it yet...

They likely would not joke about their own appearances, but may comment on other dragon breeds' appearances.

Personal preferences, some may find others beautiful whereas others may find them less than so. Although overall clan view is that camouflage is a top priority over being bright and colourful.

Nope not notably at the moment. Or rather, I never thought about whether they would or not.

Some but they're not usually part of the main lore groups and are more "wanderers".
I'd say most are cryptids/monsters. Like Wights, one based off the pied piper urban legend, ghosts, etc.

Nah. I go by vibes or lore inspiration. Although, my commanders in my main lore groups are all double gen 1s. They're said to be chosen by the deities for the position.
Generally though, generation also doesn't matter bc I also have a gen 1 wc who is a lowly gardener, a gen 1 wc who is a servant to non-gen 1 royals, and a gen 1 coatl who's a poet/gardener.

Snappers, gaolers, and bogs can't. Usually for these things I do go by canon lore.

Nope. They aren't affiliated with the water flight outside the water ambassador so really only she is the worried one who might be helping look.

No? I don't actually remember something happening to him tbh. I thought he just left/went on his way after making the Obelisks.

If more things happen, especially to Plaguebringer or Shadowbinder, then they probably will get more concerned but as of right now, nope.

They sent a rep to see what was going on and to bring home the statue. Given the Earthshaker created it himself, they did consider the dragons who were born directly from his work as important.
The fact they were made to fight/defend against a threat has made them keen to learn more.

Nope, not a concern. Ofc my clan's so happened to come out as Eath XD
My explanation is that there were supposedly a ton of clans helping with the dig that the elemental energy might've drawn from upon creation or that they gained their element while passing through other flights to get to their new clan (maybe getting their new clan's element similar to how eggs work)

Could also be that Earthshaker used rocks from across sornieth to make the statues so their flight came from those

This guy was fishing and caught one. He originally thought it was some weird sea serpent until they grew bigger & news reached the clan of the new ancient

Cautious. Why are they here and why are they suddenly returning?
But overall, they don't mind them joining the clan. In fact, a gaoler and pc formed a prison together to hold shade possessed creatures & an emperor (among lesser dragon criminals)

Nope! In fact during a locke I ran when gaolers came out, they were more just curious. Any resentment or dislike would be individual based.

Yes... somewhat. It isn't a huge plot point but they exist.

Nope. It's normal for a breed to have those. Any insults would probably be due to arguments where they're just trying to sound insulting

I do have 1 instance where a mirror made fun of my tundra, Rabbit, for the breed's poor memory (which he doesn't have bc he has an imp father) and the fact his hatchling fur never came out completely

Yes but this is like any person irl. So what might be hideous to some, may be perfect for others. So it reall is person preference

Nope not notably at the moment. Or rather, I never thought about whether they would or not.

Some but they're not usually part of the main lore groups and are more "wanderers".
I'd say most are cryptids/monsters. Like Wights, one based off the pied piper urban legend, ghosts, etc.

Nah. I go by vibes or lore inspiration. Although, my commanders in my main lore groups are all double gen 1s. They're said to be chosen by the deities for the position.
Generally though, generation also doesn't matter bc I also have a gen 1 wc who is a lowly gardener, a gen 1 wc who is a servant to non-gen 1 royals, and a gen 1 coatl who's a poet/gardener.

Snappers, gaolers, and bogs can't. Usually for these things I do go by canon lore.

Nope. They aren't affiliated with the water flight outside the water ambassador so really only she is the worried one who might be helping look.

No? I don't actually remember something happening to him tbh. I thought he just left/went on his way after making the Obelisks.

If more things happen, especially to Plaguebringer or Shadowbinder, then they probably will get more concerned but as of right now, nope.

They sent a rep to see what was going on and to bring home the statue. Given the Earthshaker created it himself, they did consider the dragons who were born directly from his work as important.
The fact they were made to fight/defend against a threat has made them keen to learn more.

Nope, not a concern. Ofc my clan's so happened to come out as Eath XD
My explanation is that there were supposedly a ton of clans helping with the dig that the elemental energy might've drawn from upon creation or that they gained their element while passing through other flights to get to their new clan (maybe getting their new clan's element similar to how eggs work)

Could also be that Earthshaker used rocks from across sornieth to make the statues so their flight came from those

This guy was fishing and caught one. He originally thought it was some weird sea serpent until they grew bigger & news reached the clan of the new ancient

Cautious. Why are they here and why are they suddenly returning?
But overall, they don't mind them joining the clan. In fact, a gaoler and pc formed a prison together to hold shade possessed creatures & an emperor (among lesser dragon criminals)

Nope! In fact during a locke I ran when gaolers came out, they were more just curious. Any resentment or dislike would be individual based.

Yes... somewhat. It isn't a huge plot point but they exist.

Nope. It's normal for a breed to have those. Any insults would probably be due to arguments where they're just trying to sound insulting

I do have 1 instance where a mirror made fun of my tundra, Rabbit, for the breed's poor memory (which he doesn't have bc he has an imp father) and the fact his hatchling fur never came out completely

Yes but this is like any person irl. So what might be hideous to some, may be perfect for others. So it reall is person preference

3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
Sort of! My clan's new-years is on the Winter Solstice, and in canon they probably do celebrate it, I just haven't noted it down anywhere.

Vampires, werewolves, barghests, the Fair Folk, and a number of cursed and cryptid-like figures. My favorite is still Baskor, who is followed by a flock of Death Seekers and steals the memories of people when they get lost in the woods around my clan. He's my original cryptid and I'm sure he's enjoying all the chaos.

Nope! Purple was a royal color because the dye for purple was super rare and therefore extremely expensive; my clan doesn't have those kinds of constraints on dyes (or naturally colored leathers), so anyone can wear what colors they want.

Snappers, Bogsneaks, and Gaolers are all grounded. I like having some grounded breeds because it adds more weight to flight in general, and also gives an excuse for things to be built for those breeds -- a Snapper merchant might need a long winding road through the mountains, but if they could fly, why have a road there?

No, my clan is landlocked and very far from the Sea of a Thousand Currents.

6. Is your clan at all concerned about what happened to Earthdad?
Not particularly, though I'm sure some of my Earth dragons are anxiously waiting to hear what's happened. Dragonhome is very far away from the Southern Icefield so there's nothing more than can be done except for worry and wait for news.

I keep answering no and I feel bad, so I'll jot this down as a it's complicated. My clan views the deities as, well, deities -- to be concerned about the Icewarden is just as good as doubting his ability to handle himself or his mental faculties.

I don't tend to introduce new breeds into my lore as though they're wholly new creations. Obelisks simply exist, just like Ancients simply exist.

Look at 8.

It showed up with the faerie Courts and never left! But to be serious, look at 8.

Look at 8.

Yes! Gaolers do see Tundras (and other Moderns) as "lessers" compared to them, at least when concerned with doing the Icewarden's bidding. But that depends on the individual, and there's plenty of frustration from both sides.

Yep. I'd say its the main antagonist but its more of a plot device than an actual being. I describe it in my lore as a deity of chaos, which therefore cannot be a thinking being at all without diluting itself; which means that acolytes, avatars, etc, of the Shade are the true brains behind the operation.

I think my dragons would handle those topics much like humans handle joking jabs or insults about our appearances -- between close friends it might be okay, but a stranger doing it is offensive.

Probably. A dragon might find different combinations of genes and colors attractive or ugly compared to other dragons. But colors/genes isn't EVERYTHING -- though FR doesn't show it, there's also different bodytypes, facial structures, wing lengths, etc. Someone can have bad hair but a pretty jawline, you know?
Sort of! My clan's new-years is on the Winter Solstice, and in canon they probably do celebrate it, I just haven't noted it down anywhere.

Vampires, werewolves, barghests, the Fair Folk, and a number of cursed and cryptid-like figures. My favorite is still Baskor, who is followed by a flock of Death Seekers and steals the memories of people when they get lost in the woods around my clan. He's my original cryptid and I'm sure he's enjoying all the chaos.

Nope! Purple was a royal color because the dye for purple was super rare and therefore extremely expensive; my clan doesn't have those kinds of constraints on dyes (or naturally colored leathers), so anyone can wear what colors they want.

Snappers, Bogsneaks, and Gaolers are all grounded. I like having some grounded breeds because it adds more weight to flight in general, and also gives an excuse for things to be built for those breeds -- a Snapper merchant might need a long winding road through the mountains, but if they could fly, why have a road there?

No, my clan is landlocked and very far from the Sea of a Thousand Currents.

Not particularly, though I'm sure some of my Earth dragons are anxiously waiting to hear what's happened. Dragonhome is very far away from the Southern Icefield so there's nothing more than can be done except for worry and wait for news.

I keep answering no and I feel bad, so I'll jot this down as a it's complicated. My clan views the deities as, well, deities -- to be concerned about the Icewarden is just as good as doubting his ability to handle himself or his mental faculties.

I don't tend to introduce new breeds into my lore as though they're wholly new creations. Obelisks simply exist, just like Ancients simply exist.

Look at 8.

It showed up with the faerie Courts and never left! But to be serious, look at 8.

Look at 8.

Yes! Gaolers do see Tundras (and other Moderns) as "lessers" compared to them, at least when concerned with doing the Icewarden's bidding. But that depends on the individual, and there's plenty of frustration from both sides.

Yep. I'd say its the main antagonist but its more of a plot device than an actual being. I describe it in my lore as a deity of chaos, which therefore cannot be a thinking being at all without diluting itself; which means that acolytes, avatars, etc, of the Shade are the true brains behind the operation.

I think my dragons would handle those topics much like humans handle joking jabs or insults about our appearances -- between close friends it might be okay, but a stranger doing it is offensive.

Probably. A dragon might find different combinations of genes and colors attractive or ugly compared to other dragons. But colors/genes isn't EVERYTHING -- though FR doesn't show it, there's also different bodytypes, facial structures, wing lengths, etc. Someone can have bad hair but a pretty jawline, you know?
Scary Storybook [Lore] Progress Report
Shade Constructs [Lineage and Subspecies]
Sector 42 Hatchery [Lineage Dragons]
they/them, lore heavy lair, icicle
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1. I imagine they probably do, idk how but they would.

2. Half my lore is centered around that.

3. Nope, tbf there isn't really a government in my clan. The leaders are just sort of the unofficial leaders since they're the ones who founded it.

4. They don't really fly since they're in the middle of an extremely dense forest. Flying isn't really a worry in the first place although I assume if they did my snappers and gaolers still wouldn't fly.

5. No, it's in the southern icefields but I imagine they have somewhat of an idea of that whole thing.

6. My one earth derg probably has worries but other than that I doubt it.

7. They already have to worry about goddamn magically beings attacking their campsite, I think right now the deities are in the backburner

8. Canonically my only Obelisk is a magic golem made by the local mage so they took it fairly well I assume.

9. gestures to point above

10. I have none lol

11. They're chill with the ancients. They just kinda vibe with one another.

12. Like I said they're all friends, also helps my few ancients don't really follow their lore.

13. There are some funky necromancy shittake that has to do with the shade but it isn't an active player in the lore.

14. Oh they totally do.

15. That's probably up to personal taste of my dragons. One of em is literally a prince and fell in love with a living ice statue. Go figure.
1. I imagine they probably do, idk how but they would.

2. Half my lore is centered around that.

3. Nope, tbf there isn't really a government in my clan. The leaders are just sort of the unofficial leaders since they're the ones who founded it.

4. They don't really fly since they're in the middle of an extremely dense forest. Flying isn't really a worry in the first place although I assume if they did my snappers and gaolers still wouldn't fly.

5. No, it's in the southern icefields but I imagine they have somewhat of an idea of that whole thing.

6. My one earth derg probably has worries but other than that I doubt it.

7. They already have to worry about goddamn magically beings attacking their campsite, I think right now the deities are in the backburner

8. Canonically my only Obelisk is a magic golem made by the local mage so they took it fairly well I assume.

9. gestures to point above

10. I have none lol

11. They're chill with the ancients. They just kinda vibe with one another.

12. Like I said they're all friends, also helps my few ancients don't really follow their lore.

13. There are some funky necromancy shittake that has to do with the shade but it isn't an active player in the lore.

14. Oh they totally do.

15. That's probably up to personal taste of my dragons. One of em is literally a prince and fell in love with a living ice statue. Go figure.
ca4nyRv.png vZmPWxA.png
dIMtL1H.png HJLIYn4.png
tumblr_inline_njw5imw9Dw1qg2i5p.gif
m5Wt3n0.pnglAR8cRt.png0ZSX2ZT.png2eU40bl.pngD3ADKVK.pngPsCGMAP.png
HsTPUMH.pngHsTPUMH.png
Answering these questions because I don't want to actually write my lore right now lmao
Also, for reference, my lore is divided into two separate groups. One is referred to as the Cult and the other is the Clan

The Cult does. They celebrate the endings/beginning of four distinct "seasons" that align with, but don't technically line up with the seasons we celebrate. The end of an old year and the start of a new one is considered to be a transition of power between the goddess of endings/winter, Debirae, and the goddess of beginnings/spring, Amaretto. The celebration is called the Festival of Change and is celebrated over the course of six days.

I suppose so, yes. Many weird and strange magical creatures are smashed up remnants of one of the two old worlds before they collided and formed Sornieth. Cryptids are often sightings seen by normal dragons in places where the layers between realms are worn thin.

In my lair, Desdemona is a Spirit Guide, a husk of a dragon taken from the moment before death and set on the path to guide wandering souls to the afterlife. Nightmare is an undead warrior in service of the death goddess Cortez. Cathmor is an immortal creature made from magic and stone who was crafted by the gods to be the perfect warrior. Synthia is a mermaid. (mer-dragon?)

Not really. There are some colors that are closely associated with specific gods. Especially in the cult, wearing these colors is an indication of your service of that god. Red is seen as a particularly divine color, and to wear it indicates a close relationship with them.

If we're going by realism for a moment (pardon me for being a huge nerd if you will). A number of dragon species have too small a wingspan for their bodies. Nocturnes, spirals, imperials, coatls, aberrations, gaolers, and veilspuns all look like their wings are much to small to fly. But this is fantasy, so who cares.

In terms of lore, most of my dragons can fly. There are some, however, that prefer to walk. Wildclaws, mirrors, and tundras off the top of my head could fly, but most choose not to for other reasons.

Oh definitely not. The Cult could not care less what happens to the Eleven (some even going so far as actively hoping for their downfall). And the Clan is just trying to get away from it all. They send their best to the water flight tho

See above for the Cult's answer to that. The Clan is mildly concerned about all the deities starting to disappear, especially with rumors of a different pantheon of gods growing in power in the arcane mountains...

See above

The Cult sent their historians to the digsite to see what was going on, but didn't offer up any assistance. The Clan sent Kaida and Match down to do the same. Kaida helped do some digging but she wasn't very good at it. All of them were shocked by the appearance of the Obelisks and Kaida was thrilled to see a new species of dragon emerge.

There is magic inherent in the earth, seeping into the ground differently in each region. All Obelisks came from dirt and rock and soil, but those materials were "flavored" differently depending on which region they came from, hence the different elements.

Cult: Sienna had heard rumors of something appearing off the coasts. She took a team to investigate and discover a clan of Undertides living under the mountains, in the seas around the Isles. After determining that they weren't immediately a threat, she went back to report the discover to Nightmare.

Clan: They had heard tales of Undertides appearing from various travelers who stopped by the clearing for a few months. Finally Penina had been at a market near the oceans when she met one for the first time.

Both are concerned about it. In my lore, the Ancients are old species created by the Eleven to inhabit the old world of Paxico. When that world and another one collided, many species were destroyed and the world Sorneith exists in was created. The Eleven created new species of dragons to inhabit the new world. Both clans are concerned that with more remnants of the old worlds starting to appear, more dangerous parts of both might not be truly gone.

Bad blood? Not necessarily, but there is tension. Like I said, the Ancients were meant to inhabit the old world, and the Moderns were meant for this one. They aren't exactly compatible and skirmishes are common.

Not really because I'll be honest, I forgot it existed lol

Ehhh not really. There's a lot of strange and weird things in the world they inhabit, no use throwing stones in glass houses

Sure, probably. It's dependent on the dragon and everyone's got a type. For the Cult, like I said earlier, red is considered a pretty divine color so dragons in those shades are considered more closely associated with the gods and are usually more attractive. But that's about the only general statement I could make lol
Answering these questions because I don't want to actually write my lore right now lmao
Also, for reference, my lore is divided into two separate groups. One is referred to as the Cult and the other is the Clan

The Cult does. They celebrate the endings/beginning of four distinct "seasons" that align with, but don't technically line up with the seasons we celebrate. The end of an old year and the start of a new one is considered to be a transition of power between the goddess of endings/winter, Debirae, and the goddess of beginnings/spring, Amaretto. The celebration is called the Festival of Change and is celebrated over the course of six days.

I suppose so, yes. Many weird and strange magical creatures are smashed up remnants of one of the two old worlds before they collided and formed Sornieth. Cryptids are often sightings seen by normal dragons in places where the layers between realms are worn thin.

In my lair, Desdemona is a Spirit Guide, a husk of a dragon taken from the moment before death and set on the path to guide wandering souls to the afterlife. Nightmare is an undead warrior in service of the death goddess Cortez. Cathmor is an immortal creature made from magic and stone who was crafted by the gods to be the perfect warrior. Synthia is a mermaid. (mer-dragon?)

Not really. There are some colors that are closely associated with specific gods. Especially in the cult, wearing these colors is an indication of your service of that god. Red is seen as a particularly divine color, and to wear it indicates a close relationship with them.

If we're going by realism for a moment (pardon me for being a huge nerd if you will). A number of dragon species have too small a wingspan for their bodies. Nocturnes, spirals, imperials, coatls, aberrations, gaolers, and veilspuns all look like their wings are much to small to fly. But this is fantasy, so who cares.

In terms of lore, most of my dragons can fly. There are some, however, that prefer to walk. Wildclaws, mirrors, and tundras off the top of my head could fly, but most choose not to for other reasons.

Oh definitely not. The Cult could not care less what happens to the Eleven (some even going so far as actively hoping for their downfall). And the Clan is just trying to get away from it all. They send their best to the water flight tho

See above for the Cult's answer to that. The Clan is mildly concerned about all the deities starting to disappear, especially with rumors of a different pantheon of gods growing in power in the arcane mountains...

See above

The Cult sent their historians to the digsite to see what was going on, but didn't offer up any assistance. The Clan sent Kaida and Match down to do the same. Kaida helped do some digging but she wasn't very good at it. All of them were shocked by the appearance of the Obelisks and Kaida was thrilled to see a new species of dragon emerge.

There is magic inherent in the earth, seeping into the ground differently in each region. All Obelisks came from dirt and rock and soil, but those materials were "flavored" differently depending on which region they came from, hence the different elements.

Cult: Sienna had heard rumors of something appearing off the coasts. She took a team to investigate and discover a clan of Undertides living under the mountains, in the seas around the Isles. After determining that they weren't immediately a threat, she went back to report the discover to Nightmare.

Clan: They had heard tales of Undertides appearing from various travelers who stopped by the clearing for a few months. Finally Penina had been at a market near the oceans when she met one for the first time.

Both are concerned about it. In my lore, the Ancients are old species created by the Eleven to inhabit the old world of Paxico. When that world and another one collided, many species were destroyed and the world Sorneith exists in was created. The Eleven created new species of dragons to inhabit the new world. Both clans are concerned that with more remnants of the old worlds starting to appear, more dangerous parts of both might not be truly gone.

Bad blood? Not necessarily, but there is tension. Like I said, the Ancients were meant to inhabit the old world, and the Moderns were meant for this one. They aren't exactly compatible and skirmishes are common.

Not really because I'll be honest, I forgot it existed lol

Ehhh not really. There's a lot of strange and weird things in the world they inhabit, no use throwing stones in glass houses

Sure, probably. It's dependent on the dragon and everyone's got a type. For the Cult, like I said earlier, red is considered a pretty divine color so dragons in those shades are considered more closely associated with the gods and are usually more attractive. But that's about the only general statement I could make lol
xxxArt of a black and grey wildclaw with green capsule leaping in the air with a big grin. They/Them with non-binary pride flag
Aroace with pride flag
FR Time +3
Student
Lore Info
Art of a green mirror plushie with brown buttone eyes. Art Shop
Art Dump
Wishlist
Fandragons
Art of a red wildclaw from the chest up with pink feathers.
1 2 3 4