Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Would you keep or sell a triple G1?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
In the hypothetical scenario where you happened to obtain an XXX G1 through any means other than full-price purchasing (Roundsey, hatching one yourself, being gifted one) what would you do with it? Would it depend on specific factors, like what the color is?

For an example, I would NEVER be able to convince myself under any circumstance that hatching eggs and/or purchasing an XXX G1 would be worth it, however if I were ever in a situation where I happened to have one in my possession through minimal dents in my wallet, then I know I'd try my absolute hardest to spoil them, and it would be very likely they'd end up my newest perma (unless the color unfortunately fell into the group(s) that I tend not to like, like many yellows or pinks. I'd likely sell in that case).
In the hypothetical scenario where you happened to obtain an XXX G1 through any means other than full-price purchasing (Roundsey, hatching one yourself, being gifted one) what would you do with it? Would it depend on specific factors, like what the color is?

For an example, I would NEVER be able to convince myself under any circumstance that hatching eggs and/or purchasing an XXX G1 would be worth it, however if I were ever in a situation where I happened to have one in my possession through minimal dents in my wallet, then I know I'd try my absolute hardest to spoil them, and it would be very likely they'd end up my newest perma (unless the color unfortunately fell into the group(s) that I tend not to like, like many yellows or pinks. I'd likely sell in that case).
8098.pngqoL2Zmd.png 43.png
44.png
40.png
31.png
21378.png
Depends on the color for me. I'd probably keep certain colors, but otherwise I'd sell to fund my already existing projects.
Depends on the color for me. I'd probably keep certain colors, but otherwise I'd sell to fund my already existing projects.
d00165ea3be20b3a332165f1cb02d923a7868fe5.png
Anything other than a triple Obsidian or Gold with Light element would get sold.

I care very little for Gen1s, so it would be just mean a great source of currency to me.
Anything other than a triple Obsidian or Gold with Light element would get sold.

I care very little for Gen1s, so it would be just mean a great source of currency to me.
4QFtgPW.png
[quote name="exp" date="2022-05-08 18:42:03" ] Depends on the color for me. I'd probably keep certain colors, but otherwise I'd sell to fund my already existing projects. [/quote] yep. money is enticing :'D
exp wrote on 2022-05-08 18:42:03:

yep. money is enticing :'D
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
Depends on the color. Navy? I'm a sucker for navy. Obsidian? The sheer possibilities of things I could do with that money are worth the sale. If it's one of Those Colors:tm: that people would be exorbitant amounts of money for I'd sell, but there's some colors that I'd honestly rather keep.
Depends on the color. Navy? I'm a sucker for navy. Obsidian? The sheer possibilities of things I could do with that money are worth the sale. If it's one of Those Colors:tm: that people would be exorbitant amounts of money for I'd sell, but there's some colors that I'd honestly rather keep.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
It would be very dependent on the color it is. Anything in the grays, blacks, or whites, or something without good accent colors? I'm selling it, I need the money for other projects. If it's something colorful though (as long as it isn't an eyeburner, I'm not particularly fond of those either), I'd probably keep it!

I have a strong preference for dragons that are vibrant and I'd much rather have a fun XYZ over an XXX, even a g1 triple, for that exact reason. Triples are just hard to make as fun and interesting as XYZs in my opinion, and I don't like doubles either, especially XXYs, for similar reasons. But if the color suited my taste enough, I might still keep a triple I won from Roundsey or hatched myself.
It would be very dependent on the color it is. Anything in the grays, blacks, or whites, or something without good accent colors? I'm selling it, I need the money for other projects. If it's something colorful though (as long as it isn't an eyeburner, I'm not particularly fond of those either), I'd probably keep it!

I have a strong preference for dragons that are vibrant and I'd much rather have a fun XYZ over an XXX, even a g1 triple, for that exact reason. Triples are just hard to make as fun and interesting as XYZs in my opinion, and I don't like doubles either, especially XXYs, for similar reasons. But if the color suited my taste enough, I might still keep a triple I won from Roundsey or hatched myself.
A pink recolor of the hydrena watertoy. Click here to see my current avatar dragon!
My username is W1F1N1GHTM4R3, there are no vowels (only numbers), so if you don't think you can spell it properly, just copy+paste it please!

Current Project: pjsekai fandragon outfits
If it's a popular color I'm yeeting that thing to the AH so fast the sonic boom will be heard around the world. I could use the funds to get so many projects done.

If it's less popular colors...I might still test the waters in case anyone was interested in spending a decent chunk of change on it. If there were no bites on selling I'd wind up either keeping it or giving it to a friend.
If it's a popular color I'm yeeting that thing to the AH so fast the sonic boom will be heard around the world. I could use the funds to get so many projects done.

If it's less popular colors...I might still test the waters in case anyone was interested in spending a decent chunk of change on it. If there were no bites on selling I'd wind up either keeping it or giving it to a friend.
0lSM1SJ.png t1eU2lt.pngWishlist
Whether I keep em or not depends on the colour. Some colours have accent colours that are way too close to the main colour for an XXX to work IMO - the tert just doesn't show up enough - so in that case I'd see if one of my friends wants em. But if it was a colour where the accent colours actually vary enough, I'd absolutely keep em!
Whether I keep em or not depends on the colour. Some colours have accent colours that are way too close to the main colour for an XXX to work IMO - the tert just doesn't show up enough - so in that case I'd see if one of my friends wants em. But if it was a colour where the accent colours actually vary enough, I'd absolutely keep em!
AutisticMaveriqueNonbinary, They/Them
SystemOtherkinFurry
This is an exalting lair
Sell. I don't like triples nor do I care about gen1s overly much. But I'd love to put that money toward something I did want!
Sell. I don't like triples nor do I care about gen1s overly much. But I'd love to put that money toward something I did want!
As someone who has recently jumped down the G1 rabbithole... sell. XXX dragons aren't my personal cup of tea; I like dragons with multiple different colors to work with! Maybe if it was a dragon with colors I love I'd reconsider, but otherwise, to the auction house with ye, dragon.
As someone who has recently jumped down the G1 rabbithole... sell. XXX dragons aren't my personal cup of tea; I like dragons with multiple different colors to work with! Maybe if it was a dragon with colors I love I'd reconsider, but otherwise, to the auction house with ye, dragon.
BoppingBuilder.gif d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gifKieran, FR +2
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif They/Them
d7yqvjz-1e5a466c-8d17-4c31-88b5-2f7854d8b0e6.gif G1 and shiny pokemon hoarder
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15