Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sparkle thoughts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
I think some will like it and some won't, and that's fine. There's genes that some people love and are popular that I personally don't like too much, and that's fine.

For sparkle this time, I really like it because I had dragons with tertiaries that didn't really work the best, and as soon as I scried them with Sparkle, I fell in love. I like it, definitely gonna use it
I think some will like it and some won't, and that's fine. There's genes that some people love and are popular that I personally don't like too much, and that's fine.

For sparkle this time, I really like it because I had dragons with tertiaries that didn't really work the best, and as soon as I scried them with Sparkle, I fell in love. I like it, definitely gonna use it
» they/them.

» i'm not english native.
pWmvURT.png
I guess I don't hate it but it's definitely not for me. I agree that it probably should have been apparel but at least this way it's available on all of the ancient breeds as well as moderns. I'd probably be a lot more upset about it if it were a gem gene but thankfully that's not the case.
I guess I don't hate it but it's definitely not for me. I agree that it probably should have been apparel but at least this way it's available on all of the ancient breeds as well as moderns. I'd probably be a lot more upset about it if it were a gem gene but thankfully that's not the case.
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
I think it's a good addition! I totally get why some people aren't a big fan of it, but I think it meshes incredibly well with starmap and constellation.
I think it's a good addition! I totally get why some people aren't a big fan of it, but I think it meshes incredibly well with starmap and constellation.
259fa4e8385528fdae45177d06f5e5f1cfbf226e.png
W Y R M
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
he/himFR+8
~

H0bF1BC.gif
yeahhh its... not for me..... it looks like its not a gene, i thought i was either dreaming or that it was april fools as well when i saw the announcement. ah well, other people seem to like it and thats enough for me.
yeahhh its... not for me..... it looks like its not a gene, i thought i was either dreaming or that it was april fools as well when i saw the announcement. ah well, other people seem to like it and thats enough for me.
call me lumi or al!
any pronouns
sometimes i struggle to type properly, please be patient with me
click for pwyw min 50 gem sketches!
I mean i'm not a big fan either but it seems weird to indirectly say people who like it only do it for low standards. Sometimes people just like simple fun genes, not all genes need to be super detailed.

It's also weird considering how complex recent genes have been to claim the bar is on the floor. And it's not like gene releases seem to have slowed down that much, so...?
I mean i'm not a big fan either but it seems weird to indirectly say people who like it only do it for low standards. Sometimes people just like simple fun genes, not all genes need to be super detailed.

It's also weird considering how complex recent genes have been to claim the bar is on the floor. And it's not like gene releases seem to have slowed down that much, so...?
21059.png Lemmy or Baku, but feel free to make up new nicknames for me.

Any pronouns | Japanese
Ping me when replying, I love to chat with people.
-- kMi3VrI.png
I like it!!
It’s simple and I kinda enjoy the cartoony look. It’s not for everybody but a super detailed dragon just gets me confused on where to look anyways. So, certainly biased towards cartoony styles. Plus, it’s a treasure marketplace gene. I’m not too certain of how the economy works exactly but to me it feels like gem marketplace=More detailed/desirable genes?

Just my newbie two cents!!
I like it!!
It’s simple and I kinda enjoy the cartoony look. It’s not for everybody but a super detailed dragon just gets me confused on where to look anyways. So, certainly biased towards cartoony styles. Plus, it’s a treasure marketplace gene. I’m not too certain of how the economy works exactly but to me it feels like gem marketplace=More detailed/desirable genes?

Just my newbie two cents!!
I think for me if it actually followed the contours of the dragon (they weren't all in the exact same direction and they flowed) I'd like it more but I agree that it looks flat and cartoony. It doesn't have the same shading depth that makes firefly feel like it is not apart of the dragon to make it feel more like 'sparkles are around them'
I think for me if it actually followed the contours of the dragon (they weren't all in the exact same direction and they flowed) I'd like it more but I agree that it looks flat and cartoony. It doesn't have the same shading depth that makes firefly feel like it is not apart of the dragon to make it feel more like 'sparkles are around them'
Na5WGHa.png
yeah it does kinda look like stickers, I wish it had more of a glow gradient behind the stars so they don't look as flat but I can still see it working with a lot of stuff

I think it was definitely a fun little easy to make gene that they could easily finish and get out to us and there's nothing wrong with that
yeah it does kinda look like stickers, I wish it had more of a glow gradient behind the stars so they don't look as flat but I can still see it working with a lot of stuff

I think it was definitely a fun little easy to make gene that they could easily finish and get out to us and there's nothing wrong with that
LVVfHp2.png | FR+3
| elune adore
| wishlist
| adopts
86128068.pngw7Yv8Mj.png
I quite like it, but I can 100% see why others might not! I don't like most terts, and actually tend to avoid using them asides from stained and peacock, but I can sssssorta see myself using sparkle??

I know your complaint is that it's too sticker-like, but I think that's the point! The sticker aesthetic has been popular on FR for years now, I mean take a glance at most cute-themed UMAs and you'll find hundreds of sticker accents. (My vista is also a good indicator of that, as well.)

Honestly I'm kinda glad staff is dipping into various sub aesthetics of the site. As an artist, I've noticed a trend where people are leaning away from "3D" aesthetics and more into 2D, simpler aesthetics (this is a general observation.)

At the end of the day, it can't appease everyone. Do I think terts can be improved? 100%, I quite dislike most terts. However, one cannot forget that terts are, by design, difficult to make in the sense that they cannot be too overpowering. This puts them in a weird zone of "how simple is too simple?"

There's no single answer for that. As long as staff consistently pump out genes (which I do kind of wish would be a faster process,but alas, small team, so I appreciate everything they do.) They'll eventually hit as many preferences as possible :]
I quite like it, but I can 100% see why others might not! I don't like most terts, and actually tend to avoid using them asides from stained and peacock, but I can sssssorta see myself using sparkle??

I know your complaint is that it's too sticker-like, but I think that's the point! The sticker aesthetic has been popular on FR for years now, I mean take a glance at most cute-themed UMAs and you'll find hundreds of sticker accents. (My vista is also a good indicator of that, as well.)

Honestly I'm kinda glad staff is dipping into various sub aesthetics of the site. As an artist, I've noticed a trend where people are leaning away from "3D" aesthetics and more into 2D, simpler aesthetics (this is a general observation.)

At the end of the day, it can't appease everyone. Do I think terts can be improved? 100%, I quite dislike most terts. However, one cannot forget that terts are, by design, difficult to make in the sense that they cannot be too overpowering. This puts them in a weird zone of "how simple is too simple?"

There's no single answer for that. As long as staff consistently pump out genes (which I do kind of wish would be a faster process,but alas, small team, so I appreciate everything they do.) They'll eventually hit as many preferences as possible :]
fr-sig.png
Well it definitely could be more elegant like sparkles on flare and const. But still it is looks like better tert for fla/fla then any other we have at this moment
Well it definitely could be more elegant like sparkles on flare and const. But still it is looks like better tert for fla/fla then any other we have at this moment

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20