Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Sparkle thoughts
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
Different strokes for different folks.

I hated Firefly when it came out. While I have seen a few instances where it looks good, 99% of the time I think it looks bad. Blurry glowy scribbles.

I don't get a sticker-look feeling with Sparkle, maybe because I imagine the sparkles floating around the dragon, not literally on it. (As opposed to Peacock, which, even though I've gotten used to it, still looks like stickers slapped on the dragon's body.)

I am pleasantly surprised with how much I like Sparkle, and it's definitely made some of my projects even better looking.
Different strokes for different folks.

I hated Firefly when it came out. While I have seen a few instances where it looks good, 99% of the time I think it looks bad. Blurry glowy scribbles.

I don't get a sticker-look feeling with Sparkle, maybe because I imagine the sparkles floating around the dragon, not literally on it. (As opposed to Peacock, which, even though I've gotten used to it, still looks like stickers slapped on the dragon's body.)

I am pleasantly surprised with how much I like Sparkle, and it's definitely made some of my projects even better looking.
Zs6WWZy.png
UdqWUDw.png ZwbGqUa.png bYt72YT.png O62tc6n.png kHBaXec.png NeV4KUN.png Z9e8RKu.png RToaAa6.png Da1cz0f.png XnaLQeW.png o7CqYdD.png YrzvPOH.png QUIpVFE.png BY33eAv.png YMPbu9R.png
dMEvnxu.png
I can understand the criticism, but I personally like the gene.

It looks like one of the atmospheric apparel, like the flowerfalls or seasonal winds, which is a plus for me since I love using those items. I also really like the uneven sizes of the sparkles, it gives a nice effect that’s different from something like a flowerfall that has same-sized petals.

Also love the way it looks on sparkly primaries and secondaries.
I can understand the criticism, but I personally like the gene.

It looks like one of the atmospheric apparel, like the flowerfalls or seasonal winds, which is a plus for me since I love using those items. I also really like the uneven sizes of the sparkles, it gives a nice effect that’s different from something like a flowerfall that has same-sized petals.

Also love the way it looks on sparkly primaries and secondaries.
iW3lC5l.pngY5ILoot.pngtg462CC.pngQFchClK.pnglightflower.png
It looks awful in almost every color, and the lack of shading is astounding. This looks like one of the early genes, before the art developed to the level it’s at now; if I didn’t know, I would have assumed this came before firefly because, like crackle, it’s very flat. How awful it looks in most colors makes me think this should have been apparel.
It looks awful in almost every color, and the lack of shading is astounding. This looks like one of the early genes, before the art developed to the level it’s at now; if I didn’t know, I would have assumed this came before firefly because, like crackle, it’s very flat. How awful it looks in most colors makes me think this should have been apparel.
Exact opposite over here! I absolutely Adore this gene. This is a concept I have wanted for ages and is finally here! This gene is what firefly should have been to grab my attention. Now any scry I had that used firefly, looks so much better with sparkle instead!

The legit only "bad" thing I have noticed is that some colors that are know to be very out there with accent colors, don't have the funky blend that other colors do in sparkle. Radioactive comes to mind, just simple green rn while nightshade got blue!

Another gene with a split fanbase :p
Exact opposite over here! I absolutely Adore this gene. This is a concept I have wanted for ages and is finally here! This gene is what firefly should have been to grab my attention. Now any scry I had that used firefly, looks so much better with sparkle instead!

The legit only "bad" thing I have noticed is that some colors that are know to be very out there with accent colors, don't have the funky blend that other colors do in sparkle. Radioactive comes to mind, just simple green rn while nightshade got blue!

Another gene with a split fanbase :p
nBW4aTS.gif
53TWBaT.gif
Yeah, same. I really wanted to like it, but it just feels so... cheap and thoughtless, I guess? If a tert is truly unfortunate — I don't feel like it can save the situation, as half of the color wheel just makes it look like a car sped through and sploshed the dragon with mud.

And if the tert is nice-ish — yeah, it can look cute, but I feel like there's plenty of genes that would work better on any specific dragon. Unless you're making a snapchat fandragon, I guess.

Ah well.
Yeah, same. I really wanted to like it, but it just feels so... cheap and thoughtless, I guess? If a tert is truly unfortunate — I don't feel like it can save the situation, as half of the color wheel just makes it look like a car sped through and sploshed the dragon with mud.

And if the tert is nice-ish — yeah, it can look cute, but I feel like there's plenty of genes that would work better on any specific dragon. Unless you're making a snapchat fandragon, I guess.

Ah well.
dGVSNyM.png
Personally, I was ecstatic when I saw the announcement post! I think it's adorable. I like that it's a gene that's not super detailed, in fact I think it'll be a nice complement to busier Primary and Secondary genes.
Personally, I was ecstatic when I saw the announcement post! I think it's adorable. I like that it's a gene that's not super detailed, in fact I think it'll be a nice complement to busier Primary and Secondary genes.
!! signature under construction !!
At first I was thrilled to see another simple, firefly/spines-like tert, but then I opened the announcement and saw how flat it looks. Literally looks like a children's sticker book attacked a dragon.

It looks fine in off-whites, but anything too colorful looks pretty bad. Maybe my opinion will change over time, but right now I think it should have been an apparel set... or at least the largest sparkles should have been smaller and the particle shapes more variable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always happy to see new and different genes added to the game, but this one looks like it could have used more work.

Oh well. At least it's not keel.
At first I was thrilled to see another simple, firefly/spines-like tert, but then I opened the announcement and saw how flat it looks. Literally looks like a children's sticker book attacked a dragon.

It looks fine in off-whites, but anything too colorful looks pretty bad. Maybe my opinion will change over time, but right now I think it should have been an apparel set... or at least the largest sparkles should have been smaller and the particle shapes more variable.

Don't get me wrong, I'm always happy to see new and different genes added to the game, but this one looks like it could have used more work.

Oh well. At least it's not keel.
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
i don't really like how flat it is/how it doesn't work well on darker terts </3 it definitely should've been apparel in my opinion. what i would've wanted for a sparkle gene would probably be smaller stars that follow the contour of the body similar to the stars on starcon? happy for the people that do like it though it's just not my thing
i don't really like how flat it is/how it doesn't work well on darker terts </3 it definitely should've been apparel in my opinion. what i would've wanted for a sparkle gene would probably be smaller stars that follow the contour of the body similar to the stars on starcon? happy for the people that do like it though it's just not my thing
have you protected all that you want to protect?
16445.png
Considering I immediately started scrying things with it, yes I do think I am a fan.

A scattered Tertiary with a variety of geometric sparkle shapes is more than fine with me. I might be updating one of my Aberration breeding pairs with it.
Considering I immediately started scrying things with it, yes I do think I am a fan.

A scattered Tertiary with a variety of geometric sparkle shapes is more than fine with me. I might be updating one of my Aberration breeding pairs with it.
4QFtgPW.png
it's really nice and ngl I opened the announcement ready for it to be a gem gene bc sparkles aesth and the starswirls. (I love the star and heart swirls a bunch).

and then it's treasure? for all breeds? like wow. maybe I will actually gene a dragon
it's really nice and ngl I opened the announcement ready for it to be a gem gene bc sparkles aesth and the starswirls. (I love the star and heart swirls a bunch).

and then it's treasure? for all breeds? like wow. maybe I will actually gene a dragon
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20