Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Exalting Etiquette, No Judgement
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
Completely happy to do it. I'm fine with returning dragons as well, and will occasionally pro-actively message about misprices if the user appears to be a newbie

What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt?
If it's a battle, I'm doing plenty of that lmao. Otherwise, no problem with it other than poor return on investment. I've exalted plenty at that price or higher that were either temporary or wound up not working for the intended purpose.

Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?
Exalt exalt baybee

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
If my den has space, I'm filling that. If there's a battle coming up soon, I'm filling my lair as well. I tend to keep a stock and exalt anything with 2.5kt of bonus each day.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?
I'd have to have ever gotten a dragon from a giveaway to know for sure! If it was within a few months, I'd probably CR them back. If it's longer than that I'd probably have forgotten where I got them from anyway.
What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?
Completely happy to do it. I'm fine with returning dragons as well, and will occasionally pro-actively message about misprices if the user appears to be a newbie

If it's a battle, I'm doing plenty of that lmao. Otherwise, no problem with it other than poor return on investment. I've exalted plenty at that price or higher that were either temporary or wound up not working for the intended purpose.

Exalt exalt baybee

(If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?
If my den has space, I'm filling that. If there's a battle coming up soon, I'm filling my lair as well. I tend to keep a stock and exalt anything with 2.5kt of bonus each day.

How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?
I'd have to have ever gotten a dragon from a giveaway to know for sure! If it was within a few months, I'd probably CR them back. If it's longer than that I'd probably have forgotten where I got them from anyway.
jYPBXj5.png4RsuN8b.pngMXNV32c.pngS7EiNKy.png

I think my ideology can be summed up as "anything on the AH is fair game." I feel like if you really care about a dragon's fate then talk to a specific buyer before selling it or give it a name if you don't want it to be exalted without one. I think it's a nice thing for a buyer to name a dragon before they exalt it, and that's what I'll do if I quickly need lair space and have to exalt an unleveled dragon, but I don't think the original seller has any right to get mad over it. I think most people who truly care about unnamed offspring might make that mistake once and learn from it, and I think that's the proper response to that.

I think it's a bit of a tall ask to not train/exalt any fodder until the person you bought from has the chance to see it. Fodder throughput is an important part of my AH selling since I only have so much lair space, so I'll list dragons seconds after buying them sometimes.

If someone asks to buy a fodder dragon, I think some etiquette falls on them to make a respectful offer. I find it a bit annoying when someone offers exactly what they sold a dragon for or the fodder floor for a dragon because they're not taking into account the time it takes me to respond and set up a PA, the time they may take to purchase the dragon (which takes up a lair spot of mine in the mean time), and the fact that I don't particularly enjoy dealing with requests of that nature. I'll usually oblige requests like these, especially if they're new players, but they can be frustrating.

A few days ago someone bought a 7-digit Imperial from me for 500g, and by the time I saw it sold and went to see who bought it they were exalted. I think it can be a bit sad seeing dragons like that exalted, but once more, anything goes on the AH.

I exalt a bit. Going back to the point about giving a seller a chance to message about their dragon, I'll sometimes see level 7 dragons on the AH at the fodder floor and go "well, if I buy them and exalt them then that's the easiest few thousand treasure in my life," so I'll do just that. Outside of that, if any of my adult fodder in my HibDen match an exalt bonus then I'll usually train and exalt a few to level 6.

I think my ideology can be summed up as "anything on the AH is fair game." I feel like if you really care about a dragon's fate then talk to a specific buyer before selling it or give it a name if you don't want it to be exalted without one. I think it's a nice thing for a buyer to name a dragon before they exalt it, and that's what I'll do if I quickly need lair space and have to exalt an unleveled dragon, but I don't think the original seller has any right to get mad over it. I think most people who truly care about unnamed offspring might make that mistake once and learn from it, and I think that's the proper response to that.

I think it's a bit of a tall ask to not train/exalt any fodder until the person you bought from has the chance to see it. Fodder throughput is an important part of my AH selling since I only have so much lair space, so I'll list dragons seconds after buying them sometimes.

If someone asks to buy a fodder dragon, I think some etiquette falls on them to make a respectful offer. I find it a bit annoying when someone offers exactly what they sold a dragon for or the fodder floor for a dragon because they're not taking into account the time it takes me to respond and set up a PA, the time they may take to purchase the dragon (which takes up a lair spot of mine in the mean time), and the fact that I don't particularly enjoy dealing with requests of that nature. I'll usually oblige requests like these, especially if they're new players, but they can be frustrating.

A few days ago someone bought a 7-digit Imperial from me for 500g, and by the time I saw it sold and went to see who bought it they were exalted. I think it can be a bit sad seeing dragons like that exalted, but once more, anything goes on the AH.

I exalt a bit. Going back to the point about giving a seller a chance to message about their dragon, I'll sometimes see level 7 dragons on the AH at the fodder floor and go "well, if I buy them and exalt them then that's the easiest few thousand treasure in my life," so I'll do just that. Outside of that, if any of my adult fodder in my HibDen match an exalt bonus then I'll usually train and exalt a few to level 6.
J e l l y
During flight pushes I'll exalt a lot. Otherwise I mostly just buy dragons I want to keep. But if I get sick of them, I will sell at exalt prices, even if it is only a few months after I bought. And most of my hatchlings get sold for exalt prices.
During flight pushes I'll exalt a lot. Otherwise I mostly just buy dragons I want to keep. But if I get sick of them, I will sell at exalt prices, even if it is only a few months after I bought. And most of my hatchlings get sold for exalt prices.
Sig by Snivy14
dEeYK3e.png
i dont exalt at all unless I want my hatchlings to have the same name forever (like for cool offspring lists) or need emergency space
i dont exalt at all unless I want my hatchlings to have the same name forever (like for cool offspring lists) or need emergency space
TinyOz.gif TINY.gifteleport.gif juliasmaller.gif

*Wishlist

*Land of Oz
I collect bubbly buddies!
Bubbly Buddy
buyinggf.gif
I personally have very little opinions about exalting. I really don't care about what happens to my dragons after I sell them, and I've long accepted that the majority do end up exalted. It's nice when they do get a nice home but I don't expect it to happen most of the time. Um. as far as being messaged after buying a dragon.... I'd rather you didn't? I don't buy dragons to exalt so chances are I had a purpose for them. I'm fine if you wanted to know about a particular hatchling I had for sale or wanted to know about a breeding pair of mine though.

But yeah, I don't buy dragons to exalt. That isn't to say I don't ever exalt though. I exalt my dragons all the time, usually if they're taking a long time to sell and I want the space for something else or if it's a failed breeding project hatch. I don't even train them I don't have the patience nor the space for that. lol

I am of the opinion that it's kinda scummy to exalt dragons from giveaways unless it's been specifically stated that it's ok, or if sufficient time has passed. I do know that immediately exalting a free dragon from a giveaway thread in the name of free profit is considered exploitation of the dragon ownership policy.... but I think if it's been months it should be ok. That's enough time I feel.. No one should feel like they have to hold onto a dragon for forever.

Pricewise? 10kt is fodder range. It's a bit on the higher end but still there. Eyebrows start being raised once we get passed the 20-30kt mark. The only time I get super confused is like the 100+g purchases that get immediately exalted... it's like. Ok. you do you but. Why?? lol But I genuinely don't care. No dragon is exempt from being exalted. Not even roundseys, not even g1 imps. They all can be fodder.

But otherwise that's about all I got on exalting. I prefer to mind my own business and what others do with their dragons is not a part of that.
I personally have very little opinions about exalting. I really don't care about what happens to my dragons after I sell them, and I've long accepted that the majority do end up exalted. It's nice when they do get a nice home but I don't expect it to happen most of the time. Um. as far as being messaged after buying a dragon.... I'd rather you didn't? I don't buy dragons to exalt so chances are I had a purpose for them. I'm fine if you wanted to know about a particular hatchling I had for sale or wanted to know about a breeding pair of mine though.

But yeah, I don't buy dragons to exalt. That isn't to say I don't ever exalt though. I exalt my dragons all the time, usually if they're taking a long time to sell and I want the space for something else or if it's a failed breeding project hatch. I don't even train them I don't have the patience nor the space for that. lol

I am of the opinion that it's kinda scummy to exalt dragons from giveaways unless it's been specifically stated that it's ok, or if sufficient time has passed. I do know that immediately exalting a free dragon from a giveaway thread in the name of free profit is considered exploitation of the dragon ownership policy.... but I think if it's been months it should be ok. That's enough time I feel.. No one should feel like they have to hold onto a dragon for forever.

Pricewise? 10kt is fodder range. It's a bit on the higher end but still there. Eyebrows start being raised once we get passed the 20-30kt mark. The only time I get super confused is like the 100+g purchases that get immediately exalted... it's like. Ok. you do you but. Why?? lol But I genuinely don't care. No dragon is exempt from being exalted. Not even roundseys, not even g1 imps. They all can be fodder.

But otherwise that's about all I got on exalting. I prefer to mind my own business and what others do with their dragons is not a part of that.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
I'm an exalting lair, but mostly my own kiddos at this point because I have breeding project hatchies coming out my ears.

I don't view 10kt as the cutoff of where the fodder floor is- it's not hard for exalt-bonus dragons' floor to get up to 15kt or so, and I will try to pick up bonuses as I can. That said, while I won't pick up more expensive dragons explicitly to exalt, sometimes I buy them for breeding projects and then find a better option (for example) and will train/exalt to try to recoup costs. Reselling isn't a great option for me.

I do sometimes try to save pretty fodder by training to 25, but it's more of a "something to do for fun" thing than anything to profit off of.

...I see it as really rude to name fodder kids "stinky" or somesuch, and I'll occasionally use re-naming scrolls if the name generator gives me something bad and I don't catch it. That said, I don't see it as rude not to have a re-buying grace period- while I'm happy to return a dragon for what I bought it for, that's not something I feel I owe any sellers and usually I'm going at a pretty decent clip when I'm going.

Editing to add- I don't really participate in giveaways except on the giving-out side once in a blue moon, but I'd probably try to rehome a dragon if I uh... remembered it was from a giveaway, which is nowhere near a guarantee...
I'm an exalting lair, but mostly my own kiddos at this point because I have breeding project hatchies coming out my ears.

I don't view 10kt as the cutoff of where the fodder floor is- it's not hard for exalt-bonus dragons' floor to get up to 15kt or so, and I will try to pick up bonuses as I can. That said, while I won't pick up more expensive dragons explicitly to exalt, sometimes I buy them for breeding projects and then find a better option (for example) and will train/exalt to try to recoup costs. Reselling isn't a great option for me.

I do sometimes try to save pretty fodder by training to 25, but it's more of a "something to do for fun" thing than anything to profit off of.

...I see it as really rude to name fodder kids "stinky" or somesuch, and I'll occasionally use re-naming scrolls if the name generator gives me something bad and I don't catch it. That said, I don't see it as rude not to have a re-buying grace period- while I'm happy to return a dragon for what I bought it for, that's not something I feel I owe any sellers and usually I'm going at a pretty decent clip when I'm going.

Editing to add- I don't really participate in giveaways except on the giving-out side once in a blue moon, but I'd probably try to rehome a dragon if I uh... remembered it was from a giveaway, which is nowhere near a guarantee...
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

[b]What do you think about buying at LAH and training with no gap for the person you purchased off to message you?[/b] That gap is a luxury, not a guarantee. I have no way of knowing the other player's timezone or schedule, and I'm usually buying fodder right before I train. I'm not a particularly heavy exalter, and I don't have room to keep them in my hibden on the off chance that someone might message me. (Someone has, but it wasn't the seller, it was someone else who'd been browsing the AH and I'd just been faster— so they were able to message me ASAP and it worked out fine.) [b]What's your opinion on exalting higher priced dragons e.g. 10kt?[/b] Pretty standard during a Dom battle, which is the only time I'd really be doing that unless they'd already served their time in my lair and wouldn't remember how much I originally paid for them anyway. [b]Do you personally like to exalt, or are you a no exalt lair completely?[/b] I don't think I ever could have been a no exalt lair; I like to cycle through dragons too much. Being able to train fodder is a nice bonus to the exalting I have to do for my lair sometimes anyway. [b](If you're an exalting lair) Do you save up a batch, and mass exalt? Or do you train two with a flyer and exalt in pairs?[/b] I breed my own, let them grow up, and then train and exalt (or sell if I don't have time). Whether I do that in pairs or a bigger batch varies depending on how much space I have in my lair. [b]How do you feel about exalting dragons from giveaways? Even if its been a while, do you CR them back like some posts request, or train to exalt?[/b] If I got a dragon I didn't want in a giveaway, I'd just… refuse to take the dragon. If I wanted the dragon and had them in my lair for some time, I wouldn't remember who they even came from. I've actually been more often on the giving dragons to newbies side, and I can just say that I fully expect the vast majority of those to end up exalted, for sure. I didn't give them away with the expectation that they will be kept forever, because tastes change over time, or they'll find a dragon they like better. I find it more awkward to be contacted months later over a dragon I've forgotten existed— it's sweet, but it's not mine, and I struggle to find the words to express that so it ends up feeling awkward. So, uh, if you've ever gotten a dragon from me… exalt away with absolutely no worries! [emoji=ridgeback laughing size=1]
That gap is a luxury, not a guarantee. I have no way of knowing the other player's timezone or schedule, and I'm usually buying fodder right before I train. I'm not a particularly heavy exalter, and I don't have room to keep them in my hibden on the off chance that someone might message me. (Someone has, but it wasn't the seller, it was someone else who'd been browsing the AH and I'd just been faster— so they were able to message me ASAP and it worked out fine.)

Pretty standard during a Dom battle, which is the only time I'd really be doing that unless they'd already served their time in my lair and wouldn't remember how much I originally paid for them anyway.

I don't think I ever could have been a no exalt lair; I like to cycle through dragons too much. Being able to train fodder is a nice bonus to the exalting I have to do for my lair sometimes anyway.

I breed my own, let them grow up, and then train and exalt (or sell if I don't have time). Whether I do that in pairs or a bigger batch varies depending on how much space I have in my lair.

If I got a dragon I didn't want in a giveaway, I'd just… refuse to take the dragon. If I wanted the dragon and had them in my lair for some time, I wouldn't remember who they even came from.

I've actually been more often on the giving dragons to newbies side, and I can just say that I fully expect the vast majority of those to end up exalted, for sure. I didn't give them away with the expectation that they will be kept forever, because tastes change over time, or they'll find a dragon they like better. I find it more awkward to be contacted months later over a dragon I've forgotten existed— it's sweet, but it's not mine, and I struggle to find the words to express that so it ends up feeling awkward.

So, uh, if you've ever gotten a dragon from me… exalt away with absolutely no worries!

Once it's in your lair you can do what you wish and it's fair game to train and exalt immediately. I feel it'd be unfair to ask the buyer to wait and see if the user wanted it back because the buyer likely won't hear from the seller + has no knowledge of when the seller has seen the dragon is sold. Not to mention it isn't likely the buyer even knows who sold the dragon (clicking the parents won't always work for various reasons).

Is it unfortunate if someone had wanted that dragon or to avoid having it exalted? Yeah, but that's a risk of selling a dragon for fodder price.

If by chance someone messages me about a fodder dragon before I level though, I'd be willing to trade for another fodder dragon or sell it back for the same price.

I don't really do it bc I won't make that money back but if someone else wants to buy my non-fodder priced dragons and exalt them I say go for it!

I've already gotten paid, I don't care what you do with that dragon now.

Yes. I love exalting. It helps me get food to feed my dragons and make treasure with the occasional gem or two. Do I exalt hoards of dragons? No, but it's still a good way to earn treasure and I do like participating in Dom.

Not usually. I tend to exalt whatever happens to have the exalt bonus on that day. Sometimes it's a batch of dragons and sometimes it's only one or two if any.
When I train, I do use a trainer with 2 fodder (unless it's an odd number, then 1 fodder slot may end up replaced with a dragon I'm just leveling as a perma)

I don't get a lot of dragons from giveaways or free dragon threads anymore since I'm usually not on the lookout for more dragons (and can be picky with them)

However, when it does happen I definitely do it with the intention of keeping the dragon so usually if exalting comes up it's years later.

At that point, I feel okay about exalting the dragon. I likely won't recall where I got it from to even realize it was from a giveaway let alone remember who I got it from.

But I will say, I do try to avoid adopting from users who request that because I don't want to deal with that drama if I decide I don't wish to keep the dragon after a while (some users even ask you not to resell :/)

Overall, no I don't offer them back bc it's years after I got the dragon and idk who or where I got it from and I try to avoid giveaway threads to avoid the drama of this anyway unless I really like the dragon.

Once it's in your lair you can do what you wish and it's fair game to train and exalt immediately. I feel it'd be unfair to ask the buyer to wait and see if the user wanted it back because the buyer likely won't hear from the seller + has no knowledge of when the seller has seen the dragon is sold. Not to mention it isn't likely the buyer even knows who sold the dragon (clicking the parents won't always work for various reasons).

Is it unfortunate if someone had wanted that dragon or to avoid having it exalted? Yeah, but that's a risk of selling a dragon for fodder price.

If by chance someone messages me about a fodder dragon before I level though, I'd be willing to trade for another fodder dragon or sell it back for the same price.

I don't really do it bc I won't make that money back but if someone else wants to buy my non-fodder priced dragons and exalt them I say go for it!

I've already gotten paid, I don't care what you do with that dragon now.

Yes. I love exalting. It helps me get food to feed my dragons and make treasure with the occasional gem or two. Do I exalt hoards of dragons? No, but it's still a good way to earn treasure and I do like participating in Dom.

Not usually. I tend to exalt whatever happens to have the exalt bonus on that day. Sometimes it's a batch of dragons and sometimes it's only one or two if any.
When I train, I do use a trainer with 2 fodder (unless it's an odd number, then 1 fodder slot may end up replaced with a dragon I'm just leveling as a perma)

I don't get a lot of dragons from giveaways or free dragon threads anymore since I'm usually not on the lookout for more dragons (and can be picky with them)

However, when it does happen I definitely do it with the intention of keeping the dragon so usually if exalting comes up it's years later.

At that point, I feel okay about exalting the dragon. I likely won't recall where I got it from to even realize it was from a giveaway let alone remember who I got it from.

But I will say, I do try to avoid adopting from users who request that because I don't want to deal with that drama if I decide I don't wish to keep the dragon after a while (some users even ask you not to resell :/)

Overall, no I don't offer them back bc it's years after I got the dragon and idk who or where I got it from and I try to avoid giveaway threads to avoid the drama of this anyway unless I really like the dragon.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
When I was a newbie I swore I would never exalt. That was a long time ago...

Never happens. I have like a hundred tabs of food, so I buy hatchlings and have to wait for them to grow up before training. The only times I buy an adult and train it are in the last stages of a fraught dom battle, or if I accidentally buy a dragon of the wrong gender for the one I'm trying to mate.

Only when desperate, for the honour of Glademomma. Or if I accidentally buy a dragon of the wrong gender for the one I'm trying to mate. Again.

I don't consider myself an 'exalting lair', but I try to train up a dragon fairly regularly, and store them up for whenever the next dom battle is.
When I was a newbie I swore I would never exalt. That was a long time ago...

Never happens. I have like a hundred tabs of food, so I buy hatchlings and have to wait for them to grow up before training. The only times I buy an adult and train it are in the last stages of a fraught dom battle, or if I accidentally buy a dragon of the wrong gender for the one I'm trying to mate.

Only when desperate, for the honour of Glademomma. Or if I accidentally buy a dragon of the wrong gender for the one I'm trying to mate. Again.

I don't consider myself an 'exalting lair', but I try to train up a dragon fairly regularly, and store them up for whenever the next dom battle is.
Coffee Pot
May be grumpy before coffee. And after coffee. (FR+8)
5loJkio.jpg
i dont exalt but i sell fodder. this has lead me to find people doing some... unexpected things with dragons i've sold, including but not limited to

-training them up all the way then selling them (good for u honestly)

-buying for a breed project then exalting without using (ok ig??)

and my personal favorite
-buy then resell for ten times the amount you bought it for without training and only adding a few scries to the bio (shady)
i dont exalt but i sell fodder. this has lead me to find people doing some... unexpected things with dragons i've sold, including but not limited to

-training them up all the way then selling them (good for u honestly)

-buying for a breed project then exalting without using (ok ig??)

and my personal favorite
-buy then resell for ten times the amount you bought it for without training and only adding a few scries to the bio (shady)
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 19 20