Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | i really hope staff addresses this
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I think the staff will listen if people continue to make their voices heard. Any changes might take a while to implement, however, considering the first time they tried to release Arlo it needed to be pushed back because of a game breaking bug.

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but there's a suggestion thread here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3102430
I think the staff will listen if people continue to make their voices heard. Any changes might take a while to implement, however, considering the first time they tried to release Arlo it needed to be pushed back because of a game breaking bug.

Dunno if this has been posted yet, but there's a suggestion thread here: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug/3102430
dlJsEIj.png
I don't have any problem with Arlo as is. It's a patience game, and magnifiers will get you where you want to go (save them up until you can finish the project you want). One idea I just had that might make Arlo more palatable is to be able to choose a project for your pickaxe like is done with magnifiers, where one of the pickaxes would be in that plot and the rest would be random.
I don't have any problem with Arlo as is. It's a patience game, and magnifiers will get you where you want to go (save them up until you can finish the project you want). One idea I just had that might make Arlo more palatable is to be able to choose a project for your pickaxe like is done with magnifiers, where one of the pickaxes would be in that plot and the rest would be random.
38046009796_f6a0057f92_n.jpg
[quote name="Niceless" date="2022-02-10 07:54:49" ] I completely agree that some people are being very... a tad uncivil. Personally I think everybody is overreacting. [/quote] It's the most obvious thing in the world to me that people will "overreact" because staff is in general so very uncommunicative. Usually, when you're upset about something and you say something about it, a lack of response means the other person is shutting you out. So you have either two choices: give up or get louder in hopes they will hear. This would be a normal response of the userbase considering the staff's chosen method of addressing the issue... which is to say, of course, they don't address it at all, usually. I'm surprised anybody's surprised about this anymore, frankly. As far as the thing itself, I had no expectations so I'm not disappointed? I guess my take is that it's just a really-annoying Baldwin. A real pain and a half to interact with. I wish there were a way to rearrange the sites so you don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom if you want to use your magnifying glass on that one, for example. EDIT: I forgot I do genuinely think it's unfair the social play versus solo thing. That does need to be fixed.
Niceless wrote on 2022-02-10 07:54:49:
I completely agree that some people are being very... a tad uncivil. Personally I think everybody is overreacting.
It's the most obvious thing in the world to me that people will "overreact" because staff is in general so very uncommunicative. Usually, when you're upset about something and you say something about it, a lack of response means the other person is shutting you out. So you have either two choices: give up or get louder in hopes they will hear. This would be a normal response of the userbase considering the staff's chosen method of addressing the issue... which is to say, of course, they don't address it at all, usually.

I'm surprised anybody's surprised about this anymore, frankly.

As far as the thing itself, I had no expectations so I'm not disappointed? I guess my take is that it's just a really-annoying Baldwin. A real pain and a half to interact with. I wish there were a way to rearrange the sites so you don't have to scroll all the way to the bottom if you want to use your magnifying glass on that one, for example.

EDIT: I forgot I do genuinely think it's unfair the social play versus solo thing. That does need to be fixed.
Cheerful Chime Almedha | share project
Fandragons
Lore Starts Here (WIP)
I collect Pulsing Relics!
candle-smol.png ____
47432632.png
Maybe I’ve been on the wrong threads, but I haven’t noticed any passive aggression. Lots of people wanting changes yes, but it has looked pretty tame to me. But I’m also not reading entire threads so :P
Maybe I’ve been on the wrong threads, but I haven’t noticed any passive aggression. Lots of people wanting changes yes, but it has looked pretty tame to me. But I’m also not reading entire threads so :P
[quote name="PearlConnor" date="2022-02-10 08:00:08" ] I think we should all be happy because digging pleases the Goblin brain [/quote] Yesss
PearlConnor wrote on 2022-02-10 08:00:08:
I think we should all be happy because digging pleases the Goblin brain
Yesss
SIG-02.png
[quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-02-10 09:19:55" ] The problem isn't that it's time gated; people are willing to work towards a slow goal. The problem is that there are so many layers of random it's almost impossible to focus on what you actually want. I've been using most of my magnifiers on a single plot, but I still get plots I don't want cleared almost as much because RNG favours them (and has been mostly giving me pickaxes rather than magnifiers). And if those plots get completed, then they reset and immediately start sucking up my resources again... I understand why staff haven't said anything immediately. I don't expect them to. This is really early days, they just released the feature, some of the feedback may change over time, plus I don't want staff reacting emotionally to initial criticism of something they've been working hard on, because they're human and that way madness lies. But that doesn't mean I'm not goinng to provide my thoughts. And the fact that I'm criticising some aspects of Arlo doesn't mean I don't like it. I just think it needs to be rebalanced a bit. [/quote] Oh...yeah, this new info to me, and I totally see where you're coming from. It's not even that I don't want all of the things...it's that I only [i]need[/i] one of most of the things. Like the vista...who even needs more than one of those? And if everyone has to grind the first dig site to level their Archaeology, it's not even going to be something you can sell, since most people will eventually have one. Heck, you can't even melt it. Wow. That...was not well thought-out. o.O
ceiswyn wrote on 2022-02-10 09:19:55:
The problem isn't that it's time gated; people are willing to work towards a slow goal. The problem is that there are so many layers of random it's almost impossible to focus on what you actually want.

I've been using most of my magnifiers on a single plot, but I still get plots I don't want cleared almost as much because RNG favours them (and has been mostly giving me pickaxes rather than magnifiers). And if those plots get completed, then they reset and immediately start sucking up my resources again...

I understand why staff haven't said anything immediately. I don't expect them to. This is really early days, they just released the feature, some of the feedback may change over time, plus I don't want staff reacting emotionally to initial criticism of something they've been working hard on, because they're human and that way madness lies.

But that doesn't mean I'm not goinng to provide my thoughts. And the fact that I'm criticising some aspects of Arlo doesn't mean I don't like it. I just think it needs to be rebalanced a bit.

Oh...yeah, this new info to me, and I totally see where you're coming from. It's not even that I don't want all of the things...it's that I only need one of most of the things. Like the vista...who even needs more than one of those? And if everyone has to grind the first dig site to level their Archaeology, it's not even going to be something you can sell, since most people will eventually have one. Heck, you can't even melt it.

Wow. That...was not well thought-out. o.O
9o5YF7O.png
honestly i don't really care lol, i just think digging is Neat
honestly i don't really care lol, i just think digging is Neat
sh5xjiu.pnglYb2AyL.pngJvUa9ma.png
WI7lnRZ.pngYMPbu9R.png0TXmqsz.png
?89J86=party_oras.png
[quote name="Sorel" date="2022-02-10 07:58:52" ] I think it's wild that people are already just circumventing the entire notes system by buying notes lol like wasn't this what people were afraid would happen with likes? (clipped for brevity) [/quote] this, this, exactly this. the staff arlo thread is full of "my trade partner didnt send notes back arlo sucks" when they very well fully know that it isnt supposed to be a fair trade. it isn't designed like that and its never going to be. ----- just because the rewards arent as immediate its like the whole website's been split in two. people that don't care as much to the point of apathy versus the people that just want gunfire one after another satisfaction. two wildly different flavors of beasts.
Sorel wrote on 2022-02-10 07:58:52:
I think it's wild that people are already just circumventing the entire notes system by buying notes lol like wasn't this what people were afraid would happen with likes?
(clipped for brevity)
this, this, exactly this. the staff arlo thread is full of "my trade partner didnt send notes back arlo sucks" when they very well fully know that it isnt supposed to be a fair trade. it isn't designed like that and its never going to be.
just because the rewards arent as immediate its like the whole website's been split in two. people that don't care as much to the point of apathy versus the people that just want gunfire one after another satisfaction. two wildly different flavors of beasts.
LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema bobbing her head, wearing white headphones with black trim and a pink heart symbol on the ear cup.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema doing the monkey dance while flapping her wings and shaking her tail from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema dancing by waving her front legs in the air and turning her body from side to side.LilLegendary's green snapper dragon named Diema with one foreleg on her hip and the other waving in the air.
[quote name="ciceqi" date="2022-02-10 17:25:37" ] [quote name="ceiswyn" date="2022-02-10 09:19:55" ] The problem isn't that it's time gated; people are willing to work towards a slow goal. The problem is that there are so many layers of random it's almost impossible to focus on what you actually want. I've been using most of my magnifiers on a single plot, but I still get plots I don't want cleared almost as much because RNG favours them (and has been mostly giving me pickaxes rather than magnifiers). And if those plots get completed, then they reset and immediately start sucking up my resources again... I understand why staff haven't said anything immediately. I don't expect them to. This is really early days, they just released the feature, some of the feedback may change over time, plus I don't want staff reacting emotionally to initial criticism of something they've been working hard on, because they're human and that way madness lies. But that doesn't mean I'm not goinng to provide my thoughts. And the fact that I'm criticising some aspects of Arlo doesn't mean I don't like it. I just think it needs to be rebalanced a bit. [/quote] Oh...yeah, this new info to me, and I totally see where you're coming from. It's not even that I don't want all of the things...it's that I only [i]need[/i] one of most of the things. Like the vista...who even needs more than one of those? And if everyone has to grind the first dig site to level their Archaeology, it's not even going to be something you can sell, since most people will eventually have one. Heck, you can't even melt it. Wow. That...was not well thought-out. o.O [/quote] This right here. I don't mind the slowness, the randomness with the pickaxes is a little annoying but I can deal, but most of the items are technically "one use" so having to go for them again if you want to dig everything up is a lil' pointless. The vista is going to end up very worthless at this rate lol
ciceqi wrote on 2022-02-10 17:25:37:
ceiswyn wrote on 2022-02-10 09:19:55:
The problem isn't that it's time gated; people are willing to work towards a slow goal. The problem is that there are so many layers of random it's almost impossible to focus on what you actually want.

I've been using most of my magnifiers on a single plot, but I still get plots I don't want cleared almost as much because RNG favours them (and has been mostly giving me pickaxes rather than magnifiers). And if those plots get completed, then they reset and immediately start sucking up my resources again...

I understand why staff haven't said anything immediately. I don't expect them to. This is really early days, they just released the feature, some of the feedback may change over time, plus I don't want staff reacting emotionally to initial criticism of something they've been working hard on, because they're human and that way madness lies.

But that doesn't mean I'm not goinng to provide my thoughts. And the fact that I'm criticising some aspects of Arlo doesn't mean I don't like it. I just think it needs to be rebalanced a bit.

Oh...yeah, this new info to me, and I totally see where you're coming from. It's not even that I don't want all of the things...it's that I only need one of most of the things. Like the vista...who even needs more than one of those? And if everyone has to grind the first dig site to level their Archaeology, it's not even going to be something you can sell, since most people will eventually have one. Heck, you can't even melt it.

Wow. That...was not well thought-out. o.O

This right here.

I don't mind the slowness, the randomness with the pickaxes is a little annoying but I can deal, but most of the items are technically "one use" so having to go for them again if you want to dig everything up is a lil' pointless. The vista is going to end up very worthless at this rate lol
55871_s.gif
PDuDspB.png
JvUa9ma.png
FObX7rS.png
mjtJ868.png
tyEuRXe.png
i think they'll address it eventually; no reason to get antsy. it's only been 3 days.

by all means keep talking about it, but i don't think we need to worry just yet about not having a response.
i think they'll address it eventually; no reason to get antsy. it's only been 3 days.

by all means keep talking about it, but i don't think we need to worry just yet about not having a response.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7