Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opinions on nakey dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
It's all personal preference! I dress my dragons up in a ton of apparel because I enjoy the customization aspect of it. I understand that it can be overwhelming, especially given how much stuff there is on site these days, and finding the perfect aesthetic can be frustrating. As such, I don't judge if people have naked dragons-- it could be for lore or aesthetic reasons. A lot of genes have beautiful secondary colors in them and its a shame to cover them up.
It's all personal preference! I dress my dragons up in a ton of apparel because I enjoy the customization aspect of it. I understand that it can be overwhelming, especially given how much stuff there is on site these days, and finding the perfect aesthetic can be frustrating. As such, I don't judge if people have naked dragons-- it could be for lore or aesthetic reasons. A lot of genes have beautiful secondary colors in them and its a shame to cover them up.
uCR5SCW.png
The only reason I have two naked dragons at the moment is because I am messing with their colors with scatterscrolls and haven't decided on their colors. (The terts...) Otherwise I try to give them outfits. That being said, even with only six pieces, a lot of them cover up too much so it can be a pain.
The only reason I have two naked dragons at the moment is because I am messing with their colors with scatterscrolls and haven't decided on their colors. (The terts...) Otherwise I try to give them outfits. That being said, even with only six pieces, a lot of them cover up too much so it can be a pain.
i really love a lot of the apparel, and i think over-dressed dragons are just so pretty ^^ i feel like they're what help make a dragon more unique. plus i don't think like the genes are extraordinarily interesting on their own a lot of the time, they need a bit of spice. i really haven't seen any genuinely antagonist attitudes towards players with undressed dragons, so i hope that isn't happening anywhere on here :[
i really love a lot of the apparel, and i think over-dressed dragons are just so pretty ^^ i feel like they're what help make a dragon more unique. plus i don't think like the genes are extraordinarily interesting on their own a lot of the time, they need a bit of spice. i really haven't seen any genuinely antagonist attitudes towards players with undressed dragons, so i hope that isn't happening anywhere on here :[
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
I love naked dragons because most of the time the gene/colors are more beautiful than a clothes pile with eyes. Since I'm a collector of unique and beautiful dragons (in my eyes their gorgeous), I want to show off my collection, especially since maxing lair expansion requires numerous hours grinding in the coli and maxing the fairgrounds. Even if my flight gets dom, the 5% discount doesn't erase the fact that it costs nearly 2,000,000 treaure to expand. All of my treasure goes to saving up for expansion or buying genes.

Don't get me wrong, I do like customizing my dragons, and some of them have clothes, but I keep it to a minimum so the outfit makes the dragon pop, or I use an accent. A few have a moderate amount of apparel, but their color/genes are still visible. Obelisks and their manes make that a challenge, though.

I can understand if other players prefer clothing their dragons, even if I can't make heads or tails of what I'm looking at because customization is fun. I will admit that clothed dragons do get more likes than their naked counterparts, but I've never seen anyone have a problem with nakey dragons or their owners. Many of my nude (modern) dragons have multiple likes, some have more than a few of my fashion-loving dragons.

Everyone's way of playing is unique and valid. That's what makes Flight Rising so fun. :)

I love naked dragons because most of the time the gene/colors are more beautiful than a clothes pile with eyes. Since I'm a collector of unique and beautiful dragons (in my eyes their gorgeous), I want to show off my collection, especially since maxing lair expansion requires numerous hours grinding in the coli and maxing the fairgrounds. Even if my flight gets dom, the 5% discount doesn't erase the fact that it costs nearly 2,000,000 treaure to expand. All of my treasure goes to saving up for expansion or buying genes.

Don't get me wrong, I do like customizing my dragons, and some of them have clothes, but I keep it to a minimum so the outfit makes the dragon pop, or I use an accent. A few have a moderate amount of apparel, but their color/genes are still visible. Obelisks and their manes make that a challenge, though.

I can understand if other players prefer clothing their dragons, even if I can't make heads or tails of what I'm looking at because customization is fun. I will admit that clothed dragons do get more likes than their naked counterparts, but I've never seen anyone have a problem with nakey dragons or their owners. Many of my nude (modern) dragons have multiple likes, some have more than a few of my fashion-loving dragons.

Everyone's way of playing is unique and valid. That's what makes Flight Rising so fun. :)

For others I don't really care, I just find it annoying cause they show up in the auction house when I'm short on familiars.
For others I don't really care, I just find it annoying cause they show up in the auction house when I'm short on familiars.
CK1QM1M.png91069659.png91292986.png91366580.png91366581.png91366582.png
Don't ever feel bad about not using apparel. It's YOUR dragons, not anyone else's. I think both sides of dragons are equally really cool. I just personally like clothes in my unwritten world, but I definitely don't mind nakey dragons.

Plus you can save a ton of money from not using apparels and/or skins.
Don't ever feel bad about not using apparel. It's YOUR dragons, not anyone else's. I think both sides of dragons are equally really cool. I just personally like clothes in my unwritten world, but I definitely don't mind nakey dragons.

Plus you can save a ton of money from not using apparels and/or skins.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Lol, it sure feels that way sometimes. Like when you share one of your naked dragons on the forums and they get zero likes, meanwhile the person above you has a dragon that's barely even visible under it's clothes and they get 100+ likes. 'XD

I prefer my dragons with minimal clothing as to show off their genes and accents. I often get a dragon to dress up with a bunch of different stuff and then I end up not wanting to. For those who care so much about clothed dragons you must have mini-heart attacks every time you see the NPCs, lol.
Lol, it sure feels that way sometimes. Like when you share one of your naked dragons on the forums and they get zero likes, meanwhile the person above you has a dragon that's barely even visible under it's clothes and they get 100+ likes. 'XD

I prefer my dragons with minimal clothing as to show off their genes and accents. I often get a dragon to dress up with a bunch of different stuff and then I end up not wanting to. For those who care so much about clothed dragons you must have mini-heart attacks every time you see the NPCs, lol.
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
It'd be pointless if I dumped thousands of treasure into genes you couldn't even see on a dragon, plus most of the time less is more.
It'd be pointless if I dumped thousands of treasure into genes you couldn't even see on a dragon, plus most of the time less is more.
vista_ridge2.png-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --bouncy_lightning_flight_by_dogi_crimson-da9o0v9.gif-- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --vista_ridge2.png
I like dressing my dragons up because apparel and accents add a little more visual interest, and... I guess the extra bit of customization really makes a dragon feel like it's "mine"? Even if the only apparel I use for a dragon is a flowerfall and crown, or an accent and a scarf, I like the personal touch that it gives.

That said, I totally get people who prefer their dragons to have no apparel or accents at all! Sometimes you just want to showcase your dragon's genes.
I like dressing my dragons up because apparel and accents add a little more visual interest, and... I guess the extra bit of customization really makes a dragon feel like it's "mine"? Even if the only apparel I use for a dragon is a flowerfall and crown, or an accent and a scarf, I like the personal touch that it gives.

That said, I totally get people who prefer their dragons to have no apparel or accents at all! Sometimes you just want to showcase your dragon's genes.
PB-logo-transparent1.png gem.png Ashes | F
gem.png +4h FR time
gem.png Feel free to ping me!
Then there's me who has dragons ranging from full outfit to absolutely no apparel with no obvious rhyme or reason. Some dragons just look better to me without apparel or skins/accents (I have one that I kept trying to shove into apparel but nothing felt right so I just gave up and removed everything because she's perfect as-is) but sometimes apparel makes a dragon feel more personalized.

I guess I tend more towards the middle, which is a few pieces of accessory-style apparel rather than a full outfit or complete no apparel, but I definitely have dragons on the other ends of the clothed spectrum.

There are sometimes "no apparel" Dragon Share threads, for what it's worth; I haven't seen any recently but they come around every so often and they always get a bit of activity and positivity!
Then there's me who has dragons ranging from full outfit to absolutely no apparel with no obvious rhyme or reason. Some dragons just look better to me without apparel or skins/accents (I have one that I kept trying to shove into apparel but nothing felt right so I just gave up and removed everything because she's perfect as-is) but sometimes apparel makes a dragon feel more personalized.

I guess I tend more towards the middle, which is a few pieces of accessory-style apparel rather than a full outfit or complete no apparel, but I definitely have dragons on the other ends of the clothed spectrum.

There are sometimes "no apparel" Dragon Share threads, for what it's worth; I haven't seen any recently but they come around every so often and they always get a bit of activity and positivity!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8