Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Why are tundras often disliked?
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
I can't help but see them as monkeys for some reason, probably because of their faces.
I can't help but see them as monkeys for some reason, probably because of their faces.
3adgzZD.pnggE96VFA.pngGJVtuPg.png
GIQnAA5.pngSM9WJh6.pngAMyO6Hf.png
They dont look like dragons
They dont look like dragons
Why are people acting like them having Muppet faces is a bad thing?

On the other hand, I feel like they should be... rounder. They're kind of skinny for something that's supposed to live in, well, a tundra.
Why are people acting like them having Muppet faces is a bad thing?

On the other hand, I feel like they should be... rounder. They're kind of skinny for something that's supposed to live in, well, a tundra.
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
Quick and stupid drawing: [img]https://i.imgur.com/XOXaitu.jpeg[/img]
Quick and stupid drawing:

XOXaitu.jpeg
they/them - geologist & artist

art + tabletop gaming blog
i think they mainly suffer from being the most unique and detailed of the original plentiful breeds. their faces look strange, their heads almost don't look attached to their necks, and their fur looks stringy and flat. it's obvious right off the bat that this is old art.

breeds like mirrors & guardians have their issues too, but they have less opportunity to look "off," because they're a more standard dragon shape with less intricate detail.

crim and pinkerton, though? i love the way they look after their updates. their fur is SO fluffy, and their heads are much less "vague circle floating in the vicinity of the neck"
i think they mainly suffer from being the most unique and detailed of the original plentiful breeds. their faces look strange, their heads almost don't look attached to their necks, and their fur looks stringy and flat. it's obvious right off the bat that this is old art.

breeds like mirrors & guardians have their issues too, but they have less opportunity to look "off," because they're a more standard dragon shape with less intricate detail.

crim and pinkerton, though? i love the way they look after their updates. their fur is SO fluffy, and their heads are much less "vague circle floating in the vicinity of the neck"
7zOPjcL.png
I like the male tundras :'), their mane like lions and their look also make me think in teddy bears.

(if you see me quoting myself when i was trying to edit this, no you didn't. aah, too clumsy on the phone for the forum)
I like the male tundras :'), their mane like lions and their look also make me think in teddy bears.

(if you see me quoting myself when i was trying to edit this, no you didn't. aah, too clumsy on the phone for the forum)
banjo-again-100x100.png *Baz Sales
*Exalt Row
*Free

they/them
ESL | FR+3
*Wishlist
... cheetah-icon.png
[quote name="Halkiierid" date="2022-03-24 16:38:20" ] Quick and stupid drawing: [img]https://i.imgur.com/XOXaitu.jpeg[/img] [/quote] This is absolutely adorable [emoji=tundra love size=2]
Halkiierid wrote on 2022-03-24 16:38:20:
Quick and stupid drawing:

XOXaitu.jpeg

This is absolutely adorable
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
i hate their face and they stand in a way that reminds me of "you know i had to do it to em"
i hate their face and they stand in a way that reminds me of "you know i had to do it to em"
This user's first language is Arabic! Not English!
TransmuteForTreasureFooter.pngmoonpie.png
[quote name="Mutts" date="2022-03-24 10:31:46" ] [center][quote name="gaymore15" date="2022-03-24 09:43:41" ] also i think they should have tusks and shouldn't be so... thin and long? like, i dunno i just think they'd make more sense being more bulky and less noodle shaped like most other breeds, to give both body diversity and... they were made to live in the coldest climate. Why are they not bulkier? the tusks are... more self indulgent I'll admit but... they are described to have impressive canines for combat so.... tusks would be a cool thing to see imo [/quote] [i]Its easier to keep your body warm when you have less body mass[/i][/center] [/quote] Take that and reverse it! It’s much easier to keep a large body mass warm - they experience less loss of body heat due to smaller surface area / body mass ratio! You see this in nature all the time: Within a given group of animals, the ones in colder climates tend to be larger and stouter than their relatives in warm climates.
Mutts wrote on 2022-03-24 10:31:46:
gaymore15 wrote on 2022-03-24 09:43:41:
also i think they should have tusks and shouldn't be so... thin and long? like, i dunno i just think they'd make more sense being more bulky and less noodle shaped like most other breeds, to give both body diversity and... they were made to live in the coldest climate. Why are they not bulkier? the tusks are... more self indulgent I'll admit but... they are described to have impressive canines for combat so.... tusks would be a cool thing to see imo
Its easier to keep your body warm when you have less body mass

Take that and reverse it!
It’s much easier to keep a large body mass warm - they experience less loss of body heat due to smaller surface area / body mass ratio! You see this in nature all the time: Within a given group of animals, the ones in colder climates tend to be larger and stouter than their relatives in warm climates.
Do you like familiar matching~? Come check it out.
boo.pngBoolean.png
finding out that the male tundra's back limb is actually a leg is worse than that time with the fae necks
finding out that the male tundra's back limb is actually a leg is worse than that time with the fae necks
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12