Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | dragon cooking
It's worth noting that some food items on site mention cooking in their description, so we can draw inspiration from that! Natron already mentioned some of them back on page 2, but I wanted to share a couple more I thought were fun! Blue Honeycomb suggests that dragons make candy and other types of sweets. Amaranth mentions that dragons grind it down into grain, which makes it possible that dragons could make the same things humans make with ground amaranth, like tortillas. [item=Blue Honeycomb][item=Amaranth]
It's worth noting that some food items on site mention cooking in their description, so we can draw inspiration from that! Natron already mentioned some of them back on page 2, but I wanted to share a couple more I thought were fun!

Blue Honeycomb suggests that dragons make candy and other types of sweets.
Amaranth mentions that dragons grind it down into grain, which makes it possible that dragons could make the same things humans make with ground amaranth, like tortillas.

Blue Honeycomb Amaranth
> Havic
> He/they/it
> Current avatar dragon
yeah but what would plant tacos be like with the food items we have in game?
yeah but what would plant tacos be like with the food items we have in game?
Adding on to Natron's post, if you read Bounty of the Elements there are instances of breeds eating things outside what we can feed them game mechanics wise, and I believe staff commented that this is most just game mechanics, Tundras and Skydancers are capable of eating fish and meat but they just don't get as much value out of those compared to plants.

You see this irl too. When you think of a deer or a tortoise you probably think of them as plant eaters, but they're definitely capable of eating meat themselves (such as birds). Wolves we tend to see as solely meat eaters but they will also eat vegetation. It's just not very sustainable or nutritious for them!

Dragons I'm sure do cook, as previously evidenced. Fire can be generated in numerous ways and some breeds look as though their limbs are dexterous enough to handle tools and utensils (knives/spoons/ladles/spatulas, seasoning shakers, skewers, etc)
Adding on to Natron's post, if you read Bounty of the Elements there are instances of breeds eating things outside what we can feed them game mechanics wise, and I believe staff commented that this is most just game mechanics, Tundras and Skydancers are capable of eating fish and meat but they just don't get as much value out of those compared to plants.

You see this irl too. When you think of a deer or a tortoise you probably think of them as plant eaters, but they're definitely capable of eating meat themselves (such as birds). Wolves we tend to see as solely meat eaters but they will also eat vegetation. It's just not very sustainable or nutritious for them!

Dragons I'm sure do cook, as previously evidenced. Fire can be generated in numerous ways and some breeds look as though their limbs are dexterous enough to handle tools and utensils (knives/spoons/ladles/spatulas, seasoning shakers, skewers, etc)
7m8ENT7.gif
x x x
Ceremonial Scythe Sharpened Scythe
x x
Wishlist
I know that but coming up with all meat product desserts or something that looks like sushi made of bugs is kinda fun that was the point just fun
I know that but coming up with all meat product desserts or something that looks like sushi made of bugs is kinda fun that was the point just fun
I head canon that all breeds can eat any type of food, but their
game-mechanic diet is what they rely on for most of their nutrients, and thus can’t live without those types of food.

I actually really liked the idea of making Sornieth-based recipes, so a few weeks ago I began writing some. So far I have:
  • Caterpillar Sushi:
    Small piles of Yellowtail Caterpillars wrapped in Grassland Grain rice and salted Treasure Plant leaves. Served with a side of Edamame.
  • Roasted False Podid:
    One False Podid roasted to perfection and topped with a few sprigs of Boxwood, served inside its shell.
  • Chicken Tendies:
    A bucket of either Dappled Hen or Silver-Laced Rooster chicken strips fried in Vegetable Oil and dusted with Cinnamon. Comes with Sugarbee Honey and/or Ashfall Prickler dipping sauce.
  • Fried Wrasse:
    One Black Saddled Wrasse fried to a crispy golden brown with Fish Oil and served with a glass white wine.
  • Boneyard Salad:
    Canyon Ruffage, Mire Chestnut, and Crisp-leaf Amaranth leaves mixed with Dubious Cucumber slices and topped with a Winter’s Delight vinaigrette.

I head canon that all breeds can eat any type of food, but their
game-mechanic diet is what they rely on for most of their nutrients, and thus can’t live without those types of food.

I actually really liked the idea of making Sornieth-based recipes, so a few weeks ago I began writing some. So far I have:
  • Caterpillar Sushi:
    Small piles of Yellowtail Caterpillars wrapped in Grassland Grain rice and salted Treasure Plant leaves. Served with a side of Edamame.
  • Roasted False Podid:
    One False Podid roasted to perfection and topped with a few sprigs of Boxwood, served inside its shell.
  • Chicken Tendies:
    A bucket of either Dappled Hen or Silver-Laced Rooster chicken strips fried in Vegetable Oil and dusted with Cinnamon. Comes with Sugarbee Honey and/or Ashfall Prickler dipping sauce.
  • Fried Wrasse:
    One Black Saddled Wrasse fried to a crispy golden brown with Fish Oil and served with a glass white wine.
  • Boneyard Salad:
    Canyon Ruffage, Mire Chestnut, and Crisp-leaf Amaranth leaves mixed with Dubious Cucumber slices and topped with a Winter’s Delight vinaigrette.

rsz-lorwolf-banner.png
[quote name="@WolfByte" date="2021-10-27 18:48:25" ] I really liked the idea of making Sornieth-based recipes, so a few weeks ago I began writing some. So far I have: Caterpillar Sushi: Small piles of Yellowtail Caterpillars wrapped in Grassland Grain rice and salted Treasure Plant leaves. Served with a side of Edamame. Roasted False Podid: One False Podid roasted to perfection and topped with a few sprigs of Boxwood, served inside its shell. Chicken Tendies: A bucket of either Dappled Hen or Silver-Laced Rooster chicken strips fried in Vegetable Oil and dusted with Cinnamon. Comes with Sugarbee Honey and/or Ashfall Prickler dipping sauce. Fried Wrasse: One Black Saddled Wrasse fried to a crispy golden brown with Fish Oil and served with a glass white wine. Boneyard Salad: Canyon Ruffage, Mire Chestnut, and Crisp-leaf Amaranth leaves mixed with Dubious Cucumber slices and topped with a Winter’s Delight vinaigrette. [/quote] The Fried Wrasse is served on a flounder.
@WolfByte wrote on 2021-10-27 18:48:25:
I really liked the idea of making Sornieth-based recipes, so a few weeks ago I began writing some. So far I have:

Caterpillar Sushi:

Roasted False Podid:

Chicken Tendies:

Fried Wrasse:

Boneyard Salad:
The Fried Wrasse is served on a flounder.
Meat/seafood “desserts/pastries” I can think of: Bacon topped sweets Half and half clangers (jam filled meat handpies) chocolate porridge with fish Technically any suet, lard or duck fat pastry/biscuit... well sort of lol Does crab count by default? It’s really sweet sometimes. Definitely some types of crab dumplings Mango shrimp rolls Pemmican and mince meat if you have very sweet venison or beef in it Breakfast sausage fritters Carnival food (basically whatever the worst culinary aberrations you can think of) But honestly, dragons are fun magical lizard things, so why get caught up what us humans consider palatable anyway, lol. Tbh, I got tired of trying to grind fest currency in the coliseum and so I’m babbling about dragon food again. [img]https://www.dianekochilas.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/KATIKI-SALMON1.jpg[/img] Mmmm... also I’d imagine salmon mouse crossed with tart goat cheese cake wouldn’t be bad, though I’ve yet to try such a thing. Only had them as separate dishes.
Meat/seafood “desserts/pastries” I can think of:
Bacon topped sweets
Half and half clangers (jam filled meat handpies)
chocolate porridge with fish
Technically any suet, lard or duck fat pastry/biscuit... well sort of lol
Does crab count by default? It’s really sweet sometimes.
Definitely some types of crab dumplings
Mango shrimp rolls
Pemmican and mince meat if you have very sweet venison or beef in it
Breakfast sausage fritters
Carnival food (basically whatever the worst culinary aberrations you can think of)

But honestly, dragons are fun magical lizard things, so why get caught up what us humans consider palatable anyway, lol.

Tbh, I got tired of trying to grind fest currency in the coliseum and so I’m babbling about dragon food again.

KATIKI-SALMON1.jpg

Mmmm... also I’d imagine salmon mouse crossed with tart goat cheese cake wouldn’t be bad, though I’ve yet to try such a thing. Only had them as separate dishes.
C41-B82-D4-74-CF-41-F7-82-B0-DDEF5-B909503.gif
that's more like it ideas I like this...

so we got bug based sushi a bug sundae and all this... What would a dragon sundae bar look like? I mean besides bacon and cricket toppings what kinds of ice cream we went over roach milk... and well milk ice cream, but what would the seafood eaters have for an ice cream
that's more like it ideas I like this...

so we got bug based sushi a bug sundae and all this... What would a dragon sundae bar look like? I mean besides bacon and cricket toppings what kinds of ice cream we went over roach milk... and well milk ice cream, but what would the seafood eaters have for an ice cream
@Wulfraptor Seafood ice cream/pudding made from jellyfish, maybe? With krill on top?

Jellies and Tacos! oooohhh, good ideas! Yeah, I think some dragons cook. We have cauldrons and fire.

Over at ye olde clan roadhouse we are serving some fine brews & dragon pub grub. I started with the drinks, like Bumblebeer made with honey and Cute Coa Cola - long list of drinks. Still working on the menu. Here's what I have so far.

Pickled Bat Wings marinated in honey wine and regional spices
Fig Fritters with healing potion
Smashed Beetle Bowl
Tweet Snack (could have called it a Burd Basket, lol)
Turf Plate
Fresh Fishbasket
Bug Out Bars & Golden Trail Bars
Salted Game To Go
@Wulfraptor Seafood ice cream/pudding made from jellyfish, maybe? With krill on top?

Jellies and Tacos! oooohhh, good ideas! Yeah, I think some dragons cook. We have cauldrons and fire.

Over at ye olde clan roadhouse we are serving some fine brews & dragon pub grub. I started with the drinks, like Bumblebeer made with honey and Cute Coa Cola - long list of drinks. Still working on the menu. Here's what I have so far.

Pickled Bat Wings marinated in honey wine and regional spices
Fig Fritters with healing potion
Smashed Beetle Bowl
Tweet Snack (could have called it a Burd Basket, lol)
Turf Plate
Fresh Fishbasket
Bug Out Bars & Golden Trail Bars
Salted Game To Go
[color=brown]I'm just going to drop [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2515389#post_2515389]this recipe book[/url] meant for dragons. [emoji=snapper winking size=1]
I'm just going to drop this recipe book meant for dragons.
CFFUclk.png ---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
---•----•----•----•----•----•----•----•---•----•---
{100 Generations Challenge}
c4a5xZL.png