Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | dragon cooking
Honestly I opened this thread expecting like cannibalism or something I'm glad I was pleasantly surprised with mostly wholesome content.
Honestly I opened this thread expecting like cannibalism or something I'm glad I was pleasantly surprised with mostly wholesome content.
cuNHUbU.png1rAc41Y.gifsmall_Zephyrus.png
well join in then
well join in then
what do carnivore dragons use as a dessert? I mean really I've only seen meat desserts on Chopped and Iron Chef...
what do carnivore dragons use as a dessert? I mean really I've only seen meat desserts on Chopped and Iron Chef...
gelatin maybe? or blood pudding
gelatin maybe? or blood pudding
fair enough... but still a meat sundae? how does that work? we spent time dissecting a bug sundae in another thread
fair enough... but still a meat sundae? how does that work? we spent time dissecting a bug sundae in another thread
I mean bacon toppings are a given on a meat sundae
I mean bacon toppings are a given on a meat sundae
I wouldn't be surprised if some flights had various regional cuisines or methods of preparing food. Water definitely has stuff like sushi or other seafood dishes in plentiful supply. Plague does stuff like fermentation, with cheese, wine, etc. Nature possibly has a lot of fruits and nuts, and I wouldn't be surprised if Fire has a lot of smoked or cooked food (and by that, I mean it's either intentionally placed in a furnace/oven or something, or they just tend to accidentally cook their food by setting it aside and the volcanic heat getting to it. Ice might have foods that taste better or at least decent cold, due to the environment (snow cones might be popular among hatchlings.) but I imagine ice dragons might also enjoy hot foods (especially for those not native to the Southern Icefield. This sort of thing probably exists in the Ashfall Wastes too, but with cold food).

I would say Earth does farming, but now that I think about it, the soil in Dragonhome might be too rocky and the environment too arid and dry to do any farming. Light flight might do some farming, though, like grape yards and olives and stuff like that which you think about when thinking of Ancient Greece. They probably try to learn wine-making, but aren't as skilled with it as Plague. Arcane... gives me vibes of someone making cereal or getting some food ready and then studying and forgetting to eat, the food going cold or the cereal getting soggy.
I wouldn't be surprised if some flights had various regional cuisines or methods of preparing food. Water definitely has stuff like sushi or other seafood dishes in plentiful supply. Plague does stuff like fermentation, with cheese, wine, etc. Nature possibly has a lot of fruits and nuts, and I wouldn't be surprised if Fire has a lot of smoked or cooked food (and by that, I mean it's either intentionally placed in a furnace/oven or something, or they just tend to accidentally cook their food by setting it aside and the volcanic heat getting to it. Ice might have foods that taste better or at least decent cold, due to the environment (snow cones might be popular among hatchlings.) but I imagine ice dragons might also enjoy hot foods (especially for those not native to the Southern Icefield. This sort of thing probably exists in the Ashfall Wastes too, but with cold food).

I would say Earth does farming, but now that I think about it, the soil in Dragonhome might be too rocky and the environment too arid and dry to do any farming. Light flight might do some farming, though, like grape yards and olives and stuff like that which you think about when thinking of Ancient Greece. They probably try to learn wine-making, but aren't as skilled with it as Plague. Arcane... gives me vibes of someone making cereal or getting some food ready and then studying and forgetting to eat, the food going cold or the cereal getting soggy.
npc_scribbles_by_dogi_crimson-daevs0a.gif saTxNdL.pngqqLBHcq.png nHkph7f.png
I'm not sure plague can afford to be stationary enough to do any sort of fermentation... I figured plague clans were forced to be nomadic same with dragons that call dragon home well home.
I'm not sure plague can afford to be stationary enough to do any sort of fermentation... I figured plague clans were forced to be nomadic same with dragons that call dragon home well home.
[quote name="Wulfraptor" date="2021-10-27 13:53:59" ] I'm not sure plague can afford to be stationary enough to do any sort of fermentation... I figured plague clans were forced to be nomadic same with dragons that call dragon home well home. [/quote] i know Mirrors are known to be nomadic, but not all Plague dragons are Mirrors, so it stands to reason that there would be those types that don't care for it that would make other kinds of settlements. with elemental territories being basically the size of countries, i don't doubt there are many types or mentalities and behaviors. i plan for my new 'progens' on having a kind of roadside stop that specializes in pickled/fermented/preserved foods for those groups running by there. things that can last long, either for the long haul run, or that would still be good if you stash it away for your next trip back past somewhere. those who have good idea on what beneficial bacteria can do for you just as well as the harmful things.
Wulfraptor wrote on 2021-10-27 13:53:59:

i know Mirrors are known to be nomadic, but not all Plague dragons are Mirrors, so it stands to reason that there would be those types that don't care for it that would make other kinds of settlements. with elemental territories being basically the size of countries, i don't doubt there are many types or mentalities and behaviors.

i plan for my new 'progens' on having a kind of roadside stop that specializes in pickled/fermented/preserved foods for those groups running by there. things that can last long, either for the long haul run, or that would still be good if you stash it away for your next trip back past somewhere. those who have good idea on what beneficial bacteria can do for you just as well as the harmful things.
is very likely to take your posts literally - has difficulty discerning if tone is joking
well anyways back to the foods coatl and ridgeback desserts? I know nebula jellies might be eaten as a jello substitute but that can't be it...
well anyways back to the foods coatl and ridgeback desserts? I know nebula jellies might be eaten as a jello substitute but that can't be it...