Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Weekly Q&A [Closed]
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 753 754
[quote]Hi! I assume Hiveworks is responsible for delivering advertisements for their comics and wanted to see if I could get a confirmation that they are not responsible for non-comic ads (advertisements for stores, items, etc) Thanks! I think I may have missed the asking window but this wasn't a concern until just now, sorry xD[/quote] [b]Hiveworks[/b] manages all of our ads. The comics typically come directly from them. The non-comic ads are third party ad networks that are utilized by [b]Hiveworks[/b] and can be moderated if a troublesome ad slips through! If you encounter a problematic ad, please report it in the advertising report thread here so that it can be addressed: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/27823 [br][br] [quote]We've been told before by Undel that festival currency drop rates are higher in higher Coliseum venues. Is that true only for elemental enemies, or for neutral enemies as well? (Looking at the data we have so far, there's an upward trend for elemental enemies, but not really for neutral ones, thus the question.)[/quote] There is a trend for both. [br][br] [quote]Will there come a time where the daily rollover is reduced or eliminated? Half an hour every day for maintenance seems a bit long.[/quote] For the time being, it is unlikely that we will entirely eliminate the midnight rollover period. We feel that it is short enough to not provide a giant disruption, but long enough for us to administer development or infrastructural changes without site traffic. We actually do quite a bit of work during the rollover, as does our server! [br][br] [quote]Is the Coliseum a location in and of itself, like a huge arena with multiple areas for battle, or is it individual battlegrounds? If so, where are they located? I assume, for example, that the Scorched Forest is part of the Fire territory, and Bamboo Falls is somewhere in Wind, but what about the rest?[/quote] Canonically, [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/coliseum][b]Coliseum venues[/b][/url] themselves are scattered throughout [b]Sornieth[/b] and exist as actual physical places in the environment. For instance, [b]Bamboo Falls[/b] exists somewhere at the intersection of the [b]Windswept Plateau[/b] and the [b]Sea of a Thousand Currents[/b]. The [b]Golem Workshop[/b] is likely the interior of a mesa in the [b]Shifting Expanse[/b]. [br][br] [quote]What are the official colours of the example dragons? The ones at the top of the page for the breed's entry?[/quote] Some of these were pulled from the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/scrying][b]Scrying Workshop[/b][/url], but some of them are Undel's template files and use non-standard colors. You may have noticed that the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=1][b]Fae[/b][/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=5][b]Wildclaw[/b][/url] have colors that are not exactly correct for the site! [br][br] [quote]Are we allowed to ask non-lore-related questions in the Q and A thread?[/quote] Of course! We may not always be able to answer all of them but we [i]are[/i] documenting them as both a reference and for future review/consideration!
Quote:
Hi! I assume Hiveworks is responsible for delivering advertisements for their comics and wanted to see if I could get a confirmation that they are not responsible for non-comic ads (advertisements for stores, items, etc)
Thanks!

I think I may have missed the asking window but this wasn't a concern until just now, sorry xD

Hiveworks manages all of our ads. The comics typically come directly from them. The non-comic ads are third party ad networks that are utilized by Hiveworks and can be moderated if a troublesome ad slips through! If you encounter a problematic ad, please report it in the advertising report thread here so that it can be addressed: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/27823

Quote:
We've been told before by Undel that festival currency drop rates are higher in higher Coliseum venues. Is that true only for elemental enemies, or for neutral enemies as well? (Looking at the data we have so far, there's an upward trend for elemental enemies, but not really for neutral ones, thus the question.)

There is a trend for both.

Quote:
Will there come a time where the daily rollover is reduced or eliminated? Half an hour every day for maintenance seems a bit long.

For the time being, it is unlikely that we will entirely eliminate the midnight rollover period. We feel that it is short enough to not provide a giant disruption, but long enough for us to administer development or infrastructural changes without site traffic. We actually do quite a bit of work during the rollover, as does our server!

Quote:
Is the Coliseum a location in and of itself, like a huge arena with multiple areas for battle, or is it individual battlegrounds? If so, where are they located? I assume, for example, that the Scorched Forest is part of the Fire territory, and Bamboo Falls is somewhere in Wind, but what about the rest?

Canonically, Coliseum venues themselves are scattered throughout Sornieth and exist as actual physical places in the environment.

For instance, Bamboo Falls exists somewhere at the intersection of the Windswept Plateau and the Sea of a Thousand Currents. The Golem Workshop is likely the interior of a mesa in the Shifting Expanse.

Quote:
What are the official colours of the example dragons? The ones at the top of the page for the breed's entry?

Some of these were pulled from the Scrying Workshop, but some of them are Undel's template files and use non-standard colors. You may have noticed that the Fae and Wildclaw have colors that are not exactly correct for the site!

Quote:
Are we allowed to ask non-lore-related questions in the Q and A thread?

Of course! We may not always be able to answer all of them but we are documenting them as both a reference and for future review/consideration!
[quote] [quote]What are the official colours of the example dragons? The ones at the top of the page for the breed's entry?[/quote] Some of these were pulled from the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/scrying][b]Scrying Workshop[/b][/url], but some of them are Undel's template files and use non-standard colors. You may have noticed that the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=1][b]Fae[/b][/url] and [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=5][b]Wildclaw[/b][/url] have colors that are not exactly correct for the site! [br][br] [/quote] Let me try that again. If I wanted to make breeding pairs that mimicked the ones on top of each breed's enclyopedia page, what colours should those dragons be?
Quote:
Quote:
What are the official colours of the example dragons? The ones at the top of the page for the breed's entry?

Some of these were pulled from the Scrying Workshop, but some of them are Undel's template files and use non-standard colors. You may have noticed that the Fae and Wildclaw have colors that are not exactly correct for the site!

Let me try that again. If I wanted to make breeding pairs that mimicked the ones on top of each breed's enclyopedia page, what colours should those dragons be?
I'm EIGHT/8/Eight hours ahead of FR Time.
[quote name="Aequorin" date=2015-04-10 15:44:03] [quote]We've been told before by Undel that festival currency drop rates are higher in higher Coliseum venues. Is that true only for elemental enemies, or for neutral enemies as well? (Looking at the data we have so far, there's an upward trend for elemental enemies, but not really for neutral ones, thus the question.)[/quote] There is a trend for both. [/quote] Good to know, thanks! And, the drop rate for neutral enemies should always be lower than for elemental ones, right? (If that's true as well, then I'm pretty sure something went wrong in the 2014 Nature festival - we'll see if it happens again this year.)
Aequorin wrote on 2015-04-10:
Quote:
We've been told before by Undel that festival currency drop rates are higher in higher Coliseum venues. Is that true only for elemental enemies, or for neutral enemies as well? (Looking at the data we have so far, there's an upward trend for elemental enemies, but not really for neutral ones, thus the question.)

There is a trend for both.

Good to know, thanks! And, the drop rate for neutral enemies should always be lower than for elemental ones, right?

(If that's true as well, then I'm pretty sure something went wrong in the 2014 Nature festival - we'll see if it happens again this year.)
Oh, another one - is there a reason why the art corrections are noted in the Site Status box, but the fix to the hatchling apparel thing wasn't?
Oh, another one - is there a reason why the art corrections are noted in the Site Status box, but the fix to the hatchling apparel thing wasn't?
Are there plans for more powerful coliseum battle stones? And will our dragons ever be able to pass Level 25?
Are there plans for more powerful coliseum battle stones? And will our dragons ever be able to pass Level 25?
eP6ZvqL.png Flight Journey Lightning|Wind|Arcane|Nature|Shadow|Fire|Ice
Flight Project|Gen2 Imps
fkUgl3H.png
Wuxgpxj.png
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I've been interested in it for a while now.

Would there ever be any chance that each flight would get a dom board, just like there's a sales board? There's usually a lot of dom-oriented things that clutter up the flight's main discussion board and it would be nice if there was a section for that so both dom-oriented and discussion-oriented things wouldn't be vying for space all the time. ^^"
I'm not sure if this has been asked before but I've been interested in it for a while now.

Would there ever be any chance that each flight would get a dom board, just like there's a sales board? There's usually a lot of dom-oriented things that clutter up the flight's main discussion board and it would be nice if there was a section for that so both dom-oriented and discussion-oriented things wouldn't be vying for space all the time. ^^"
Art question here.
Are certain gene inconsistencies going to eventually be fixed? Like how male imps lose the daub pattern on their mane/tail fluff, where babies and females both have it. Or was this done on purpose?
Art question here.
Are certain gene inconsistencies going to eventually be fixed? Like how male imps lose the daub pattern on their mane/tail fluff, where babies and females both have it. Or was this done on purpose?
Is there a reason for needing to wait five minutes before being able to refresh a dragon's image again?
Is there a reason for needing to wait five minutes before being able to refresh a dragon's image again?
___
Lorie / gemini

FR+8

Tn4TEAZ.png
_
_

__ c6nYENf.png __ dcbbuos.png
For physical dragons, Eliminate functions as a high-damage move that rewards breath if the enemy dies from that move in the Coliseum.

Will there ever be a similar move for magical dragons?
For physical dragons, Eliminate functions as a high-damage move that rewards breath if the enemy dies from that move in the Coliseum.

Will there ever be a similar move for magical dragons?
signature_fr_soleillune_by_vampireselene13-d906e30.png
Are there any plans to move "Random Dragon" and "Exalt Bonuses" above the Site Status box? That, or making the site status box a limited vertical length by adding a scrollbar for it?

It's getting inconvenient to keep scrolling further and further and further down to see the bonuses (especially on the phone, where scrolling can't be done fast like with a mouse).
Are there any plans to move "Random Dragon" and "Exalt Bonuses" above the Site Status box? That, or making the site status box a limited vertical length by adding a scrollbar for it?

It's getting inconvenient to keep scrolling further and further and further down to see the bonuses (especially on the phone, where scrolling can't be done fast like with a mouse).
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
1 2 ... 22 23 24 25 26 ... 753 754