Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | "you can't use the color red"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
God the fact that you can't even have RED in a skin is upsetting. Red is literally Plague flights color and being a part of plague myself makes me just sad.
God the fact that you can't even have RED in a skin is upsetting. Red is literally Plague flights color and being a part of plague myself makes me just sad.
art_sig_aa.png
[quote name="brightmyth" date="2021-10-11 14:48:45" ] [quote name="jotunn" date="2021-10-11 14:45:38" ] This rule has always been part of the restrictions. They mean the use of red to represent blood or gore. You can look and see there was lots of allowed red in previous skins - but they were not depicting blood. [/quote] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/game-database/items/skins?page=1&name=eliminate%21&description=&itemid=&display_type=&skin_category=&skin_type=&skin_by=&breed=&sex=&color=&hoard_vault=&sort=name_asc&submit=Apply]But...[/url] [skin=16300][skin=16688][skin=15916][skin=21049][skin=17149][skin=6854] [/quote] Oof. These and the blood bandage apparel got accepted but other less graphic entries are constantly rejected? I wish staff would address this properly - especially if the color red is such an issue. Plague's main color is red.
brightmyth wrote on 2021-10-11 14:48:45:
jotunn wrote on 2021-10-11 14:45:38:
This rule has always been part of the restrictions. They mean the use of red to represent blood or gore. You can look and see there was lots of allowed red in previous skins - but they were not depicting blood.

But...

Oof. These and the blood bandage apparel got accepted but other less graphic entries are constantly rejected? I wish staff would address this properly - especially if the color red is such an issue. Plague's main color is red.
At least they finally admitted it. I've been reading through the forums and past RoR and noticed the weird trend where Plague gets turned green. If the rules weren't so strict as to reject skins that merely LOOK like blood or injury, but aren't that at all, it wouldn't be so much of a problem.

I don't see anyone asking to allow bloody entrails and horrible bleeding wounds. I see people asking to not reject a skin FOR A CARTOON HAM BONE, or a literal single line of blood. "Light wounds and blood splatter is generally ok." Is it FR? Really? Because you're ridiculously draconian rules on skins and accents say otherwise.

Official site art includes the bloody bandage set. Why can't we copy that level of injury in our skins and accents? The blood is barely even red on that apparel... People really weren't kidding when they said Plague gets shorted year after year. We're the ONLY flight where using our own flight color is heavily restricted.

Plague is also the only flight where our holiday largely revolves around celebrating the antithesis of our flight. If skins that weren't also zombie or mushroom related got chosen to win, this wouldn't be a problem but year after year, this is what wins.
I'm so tired of seeing Plague shunned away from it's own color. Our eggs? Green. The eyes of our territory? Green. Nesting grounds? Green acid (isn't that literally a fricking Nature move to create green acid?)Our primal eyes? The ones meant to embody the Plague element? GREEN.

Instead of being excited and happy for my first RoR, I'm just sad and angry that the devs doubled down on every way they suppress Plague. I have very little hope our apparel items this year will be good. I wouldn't be surprised if our charm mark was a ruddy brown with green.
If the players aren't allowed to use red in the skins and accents, official site art and content for this Flight should utilize THE FLIGHT'S OWN COLOR.

Let Plague be red.
At least they finally admitted it. I've been reading through the forums and past RoR and noticed the weird trend where Plague gets turned green. If the rules weren't so strict as to reject skins that merely LOOK like blood or injury, but aren't that at all, it wouldn't be so much of a problem.

I don't see anyone asking to allow bloody entrails and horrible bleeding wounds. I see people asking to not reject a skin FOR A CARTOON HAM BONE, or a literal single line of blood. "Light wounds and blood splatter is generally ok." Is it FR? Really? Because you're ridiculously draconian rules on skins and accents say otherwise.

Official site art includes the bloody bandage set. Why can't we copy that level of injury in our skins and accents? The blood is barely even red on that apparel... People really weren't kidding when they said Plague gets shorted year after year. We're the ONLY flight where using our own flight color is heavily restricted.

Plague is also the only flight where our holiday largely revolves around celebrating the antithesis of our flight. If skins that weren't also zombie or mushroom related got chosen to win, this wouldn't be a problem but year after year, this is what wins.
I'm so tired of seeing Plague shunned away from it's own color. Our eggs? Green. The eyes of our territory? Green. Nesting grounds? Green acid (isn't that literally a fricking Nature move to create green acid?)Our primal eyes? The ones meant to embody the Plague element? GREEN.

Instead of being excited and happy for my first RoR, I'm just sad and angry that the devs doubled down on every way they suppress Plague. I have very little hope our apparel items this year will be good. I wouldn't be surprised if our charm mark was a ruddy brown with green.
If the players aren't allowed to use red in the skins and accents, official site art and content for this Flight should utilize THE FLIGHT'S OWN COLOR.

Let Plague be red.
"Hur dur if you can't find it in the official art then you can't add it to a skin" "You can't use the color red" [img]https://i.gyazo.com/9e0596092d51bb36c6a233ba739b0fd6.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/df8fb752ff9338d2c3c3a78bca2be365.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/e4c71c4824730fe261eb339bae610a57.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/dc82608c606ad595a441142f385d8d3d.png[/img] [img]https://i.gyazo.com/9eea7f61797f71b955a001e401c9216d.jpg[/img] That's a whole lotta red, Aequorin. Oh yeah, forgot one thing. [emoji=plague rune size=1] Saying Plague can't use red is sticking a middle finger down their throats. I'm not even in Plague and I am fuming right now.
"Hur dur if you can't find it in the official art then you can't add it to a skin"

"You can't use the color red"

9e0596092d51bb36c6a233ba739b0fd6.png
df8fb752ff9338d2c3c3a78bca2be365.png
e4c71c4824730fe261eb339bae610a57.png
dc82608c606ad595a441142f385d8d3d.png
9eea7f61797f71b955a001e401c9216d.jpg

That's a whole lotta red, Aequorin.

Oh yeah, forgot one thing.

Saying Plague can't use red is sticking a middle finger down their throats. I'm not even in Plague and I am fuming right now.
: +3
: Yes

Discord:
Museless_
SRtoOYm.gif
FAzNnJZ.gif
I honestly don't know how Plaguebringer herself made it onto this site. Submitting the rotting wounds on her side as a skin would get banned instantly.
I honestly don't know how Plaguebringer herself made it onto this site. Submitting the rotting wounds on her side as a skin would get banned instantly.

G2 Sandsurges!
Wasp/Flair/Augment
300g/kt
88403293.png88403294.png88403295.png88403296.png
But red is fine! Red skins were accepted last year and previous years too according to the wiki. They just worded it poorly. I word things poorly too sometimes. But they don't mean the color red is just straight up banned. It's not!!!!

Of course I don't know fully about this controversy so I'll try to stay out of it for the most part because I don't actually know the rules about how site skins are accepted. Just being honest :|
But red is fine! Red skins were accepted last year and previous years too according to the wiki. They just worded it poorly. I word things poorly too sometimes. But they don't mean the color red is just straight up banned. It's not!!!!

Of course I don't know fully about this controversy so I'll try to stay out of it for the most part because I don't actually know the rules about how site skins are accepted. Just being honest :|
[quote name="SunstonePhoenix" date="2021-10-11 15:05:26" ] I honestly don't know how Plaguebringer herself made it onto this site. Submitting the rotting wounds on her side as a skin would get banned instantly. [/quote] That's a good point. Isn't an infection or puss filled wounds a sign of pain? Thus suffering?
SunstonePhoenix wrote on 2021-10-11 15:05:26:

That's a good point.
Isn't an infection or puss filled wounds a sign of pain? Thus suffering?
8YiSfVe.png
G1s for sale
I also like the idea that cuts or blood equates to suffering but somehow giant pustules or literal holes in a dragon doesn't just because there's no red blood lol

Body horror skins get accepted all the time. I guess it's fine because... there's no blood?
I also like the idea that cuts or blood equates to suffering but somehow giant pustules or literal holes in a dragon doesn't just because there's no red blood lol

Body horror skins get accepted all the time. I guess it's fine because... there's no blood?

I'll make a nice signature eventually :(
[quote name="@FeatherHibiscus" date="2021-10-11 15:06:05" ] But red is fine! Red skins were accepted last year and previous years too according to the wiki. They just worded it poorly. I word things poorly too sometimes. But they don't mean the color red is just straight up banned. It's not!!!! [/quote] I'm sorry to break it to you. Even if they did misword their original post they're handling the situation very poorly. Even if they go back now and say red itself isn't banned nobody is going to believe them.
@FeatherHibiscus wrote on 2021-10-11 15:06:05:
I'm sorry to break it to you. Even if they did misword their original post they're handling the situation very poorly. Even if they go back now and say red itself isn't banned nobody is going to believe them.
He/she/them
FR +3
Information+Wishlist+Art Shop!
Aether adopts!
My colorwheel project!

This is a reminder to be patient with new players in the suggestions forum if they post something commonly suggested! The forum search isn't particularly outstanding or obvious.
RcqRLxb.png
Why don't we turn this year into a REAL riot of rot??
Why don't we turn this year into a REAL riot of rot??
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7