Flight Rising Discussion
Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | "you can't use the color red"
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="FallenAngel" date="2021-10-11 14:47:59" ] [quote name="brightmyth" date="2021-10-11 14:44:32" ] It's not even just the color red. I'm still not over the time my skin was rejected for THIS: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/590614437967298563/851928417179009024/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/590614437967298563/851928563136987166/unknown.png[/img] I can't see how it looks like gore or suffering in any way, but hey. I was fine with having to change it, I just wish there were any way I could've [i]known[/i] about that beforehad. [/quote] Am I blind? I have no idea what that statement is even talking about either. That looks NOTHING like they are suggesting it to be and almost feels a bit insulting for them to think that is anyway related to gore :/ Sorry that happened to your submission. [/quote] Oh wow :/ that is something
FallenAngel wrote on 2021-10-11 14:47:59:
brightmyth wrote on 2021-10-11 14:44:32:
It's not even just the color red. I'm still not over the time my skin was rejected for THIS:

unknown.png

unknown.png

I can't see how it looks like gore or suffering in any way, but hey. I was fine with having to change it, I just wish there were any way I could've known about that beforehad.

Am I blind? I have no idea what that statement is even talking about either. That looks NOTHING like they are suggesting it to be and almost feels a bit insulting for them to think that is anyway related to gore :/ Sorry that happened to your submission.
Oh wow :/ that is something
ooSuhor.png
@brightmyth
I didn't know about those because I was specifically searching for Riot of Rot skins.
@brightmyth
I didn't know about those because I was specifically searching for Riot of Rot skins.
UwPE0Qp.png
[quote name="@jotunn" date="2021-10-11 14:50:01" ] @/brightmyth I didn't know about those because I was specifically searching for Riot of Rot skins. [/quote] That makes sense! They've always allowed greater creative freedom with user made skins since the site skins are technically site endorsed. It's just sad for me to see how the skin rules have been backsliding though :/ Especially since the actual on-site rules are still very vague with what they define active suffering. Like a few previous examples in the thread where anything red or even pink is denied, it kind of sucks.
@jotunn wrote on 2021-10-11 14:50:01:
@/brightmyth

That makes sense! They've always allowed greater creative freedom with user made skins since the site skins are technically site endorsed. It's just sad for me to see how the skin rules have been backsliding though :/ Especially since the actual on-site rules are still very vague with what they define active suffering. Like a few previous examples in the thread where anything red or even pink is denied, it kind of sucks.
H0mc65a.png
august | 中文
@brightmyth
skin shop
I have to say, I really like the idea of Plague (being a part of it myself). But often, as Riot of Rot rolls around, I find myself questioning why the flight was added if it was going to be rather watered down. Between Riot of Rot, the colour red, and the Mire, it does cause you to think about whether the flight should've been added as an option in the first place.

After all, Plague is about survival through harsh environments, but when dragons are not allowed to be depicted to suffer, so much so that 'red or other blood-related hues' aren't allowed, what makes it different from Nature?

All that said, the rules haven't changed for years, and as the playerbase grows , I certainly don't expect them to.
I have to say, I really like the idea of Plague (being a part of it myself). But often, as Riot of Rot rolls around, I find myself questioning why the flight was added if it was going to be rather watered down. Between Riot of Rot, the colour red, and the Mire, it does cause you to think about whether the flight should've been added as an option in the first place.

After all, Plague is about survival through harsh environments, but when dragons are not allowed to be depicted to suffer, so much so that 'red or other blood-related hues' aren't allowed, what makes it different from Nature?

All that said, the rules haven't changed for years, and as the playerbase grows , I certainly don't expect them to.
ArtShopSig.pngVeritaeSig.jpg
shocked that this thread was not deleted in .5 seconds.

i really want to write a proper ticket about this but god, my brain fog can't get much more down on paper other than what i already said in the suggestions forum. this is just...exhausting.

i really want to write a proper ticket about this but god, my brain fog can't get much more down on paper other than what i already said in the suggestions forum. this is just...exhausting.
pr7Tort.png
My opinion is that this entire thing is seriously stupid. I really don't care if those are strong words for this situation. Why on Sornieth would you make the skin defaults something the flight itself hates? Not to mention that being a zombie is significantly worse than a few scrapes and scratches??
My opinion is that this entire thing is seriously stupid. I really don't care if those are strong words for this situation. Why on Sornieth would you make the skin defaults something the flight itself hates? Not to mention that being a zombie is significantly worse than a few scrapes and scratches??
2675f041d3bf3ccbf48b41d2a46168b98f349af9.png PRICTGJ.png
LEpJMnn.png
5BsilZ9.png
NlmYDAS.png
dBieivA.png
h8gMBaZ.png
J7D1quC.png
n29EMdP.png
tSKOR3g.png
[quote name="brightmyth" date="2021-10-11 14:44:32" ] It's not even just the color red. I'm still not over the time my skin was rejected for THIS: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/590614437967298563/851928417179009024/unknown.png[/img] [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/590614437967298563/851928563136987166/unknown.png[/img] I can't see how it looks like gore or suffering in any way, but hey. I was fine with having to change it, I just wish there were any way I could've [i]known[/i] about that beforehad. [/quote] ??This is so strange, what about all those sliced fruit skins? the one's that are meant to be "safe" versions of Sashimi? I literally cannot see how your skin could have been interpreted as gore [i]at all[/i]
brightmyth wrote on 2021-10-11 14:44:32:
It's not even just the color red. I'm still not over the time my skin was rejected for THIS:

unknown.png

unknown.png

I can't see how it looks like gore or suffering in any way, but hey. I was fine with having to change it, I just wish there were any way I could've known about that beforehad.
??This is so strange, what about all those sliced fruit skins? the one's that are meant to be "safe" versions of Sashimi?
I literally cannot see how your skin could have been interpreted as gore at all
clowning.png 72960814.png 66037559.png Beloveds in Lair AND hibden
[quote name="@TheDarkestDream" date="2021-10-11 14:48:51" ] Yeah! It totally sucks! :( Red is not always blood, and blood could be not a dragon's blood... It could be blood of some defeated creature, and as we don't see it and its sufferings it should be a-ok Like, Plague is all about suffering? And fighting for live? Oh, and do approved skins count as an official art? They've had something pretty hardcore back then (and they hadn't have a skin vidget? anyways, it must be in a Game Database, am just too lazy to look for it rn, it's from RoR 2014) [img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/skins/art/1992.png[/img] [/quote] This skin is so cool but would totally not be allowed today because the flesh of the dragon is exposed @-@ I noticed that the staff are generally ok with exposed skeletons - maybe because bone showing means it's for sure dead? - but red exposed flesh and muscle and sinew is a no-no. What's that skin called?
@TheDarkestDream wrote on 2021-10-11 14:48:51:
Yeah! It totally sucks! :( Red is not always blood, and blood could be not a dragon's blood... It could be blood of some defeated creature, and as we don't see it and its sufferings it should be a-ok
Like, Plague is all about suffering? And fighting for live?

Oh, and do approved skins count as an official art? They've had something pretty hardcore back then (and they hadn't have a skin vidget? anyways, it must be in a Game Database, am just too lazy to look for it rn, it's from RoR 2014)
1992.png

This skin is so cool but would totally not be allowed today because the flesh of the dragon is exposed @-@ I noticed that the staff are generally ok with exposed skeletons - maybe because bone showing means it's for sure dead? - but red exposed flesh and muscle and sinew is a no-no. What's that skin called?
H0mc65a.png
august | 中文
@brightmyth
skin shop
[quote name="Kuroikumo" date="2021-10-11 14:53:38" ] shocked that this thread was not deleted in .5 seconds. i really want to write a proper ticket about this but god, my brain fog can't get much more down on paper other than what i already said in the suggestions forum. this is just...exhausting. [/quote] Trust me I got no brain energy left after writing mine. I'm clocked out. [s]Also it just thundered so loud outside that it rattled my brain so it is official mush now. Truly this is the apocalypse.[/s]
Kuroikumo wrote on 2021-10-11 14:53:38:

Trust me I got no brain energy left after writing mine. I'm clocked out. Also it just thundered so loud outside that it rattled my brain so it is official mush now. Truly this is the apocalypse.
He/she/them
FR +3
Wishlist
Sketch Shop (10kt-200kt!)

I vibe in the suggestion forums. If I made it, I'm subbed. Ping me otherwise. I only skim if it isn't mine; please correct me on misinformation and repeats. I won't get mad. Also, I like pings, so ping me!
Just_putting_an_outline.png
lmao guys they deleted my thread about obelisk errors and haven't said a word about the list of errors that was promised over a month ago

guys this thread is going to get hammered the moment staff sees it
lmao guys they deleted my thread about obelisk errors and haven't said a word about the list of errors that was promised over a month ago

guys this thread is going to get hammered the moment staff sees it
G2 Mossy statue obelisks for sale! 71592264.png 71592265.png 72853101.png 72853100.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7