Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Rip me (hazel harvest apparel)
1 2 3
[quote name="Bronzewing" date="2021-09-14 18:24:37" ] Huh- I had no idea these were randomized. That's strange- I think most, if not all, bundles just give you everything? So what changed here? [/quote] It's relatively cheap and fast to obtain in terms of the items you need to trade in, I guess people either complained that getting the [item=dusty pauper rags] takes too long or they just wanted to make this one a smaller trade for balance/to test the new chest rng. The blackberries are really plentiful in gathering and it won't take long to end up with a stack or two and trade some of them for the spectre loops.
Bronzewing wrote on 2021-09-14 18:24:37:
Huh- I had no idea these were randomized. That's strange- I think most, if not all, bundles just give you everything? So what changed here?

It's relatively cheap and fast to obtain in terms of the items you need to trade in, I guess people either complained that getting the Dusty Pauper Rags takes too long or they just wanted to make this one a smaller trade for balance/to test the new chest rng.

The blackberries are really plentiful in gathering and it won't take long to end up with a stack or two and trade some of them for the spectre loops.
When they first came out, the bundles I got had all the pieces, then within a day it was just the two pieces. I read and sure enough it said only 2, so I think there was a glitch the first day or such where you got all the pieces. Since then, it's a much lower priority for me, as 2 random pieces kind of makes the effort not worth it for me.
When they first came out, the bundles I got had all the pieces, then within a day it was just the two pieces. I read and sure enough it said only 2, so I think there was a glitch the first day or such where you got all the pieces. Since then, it's a much lower priority for me, as 2 random pieces kind of makes the effort not worth it for me.
EggForumNebula2150hightiny.png
What? Why is the bundle randomized? That is? So stupid? What the HECK where staff thinking?
Why would I EVER get the bundle then???
What? Why is the bundle randomized? That is? So stupid? What the HECK where staff thinking?
Why would I EVER get the bundle then???
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
Yeah it's big sucks tbh. The flower bundles also don't include the flowerfalls, which is also dumb.
Yeah it's big sucks tbh. The flower bundles also don't include the flowerfalls, which is also dumb.
I was disappointed by this too. it took me a really long time to farm the spectre loops and then when I opened the bundle and I only got two items and they were both robes I was shocked and confused. My heart dropped when I checked the bundle description and saw it only gives two random items and that I would have to farm a lot more spectre loops.
I was disappointed by this too. it took me a really long time to farm the spectre loops and then when I opened the bundle and I only got two items and they were both robes I was shocked and confused. My heart dropped when I checked the bundle description and saw it only gives two random items and that I would have to farm a lot more spectre loops.
I mean, having the bundle be randomized makes sense to me- it gives a reason to repeat the trade, as opposed to most Swapps where you're one and done.

That said... kinda not cool doing that with materials from one of the hardest venues onsite (I have a FP team so it's not a problem for me, but heh... I can clearly see the problem now folks've brought it up...)

(Editing to add: Staff certainly have a difficult situation on their hands, though. If every piece in a set is an individual trade, Swipp's trade list bloats and you never see what you want. If it's a bundle, then even if you just want one thing, you gotta buy ALL of it. If it's randomized, who knows how long until you get what you want...)
I mean, having the bundle be randomized makes sense to me- it gives a reason to repeat the trade, as opposed to most Swapps where you're one and done.

That said... kinda not cool doing that with materials from one of the hardest venues onsite (I have a FP team so it's not a problem for me, but heh... I can clearly see the problem now folks've brought it up...)

(Editing to add: Staff certainly have a difficult situation on their hands, though. If every piece in a set is an individual trade, Swipp's trade list bloats and you never see what you want. If it's a bundle, then even if you just want one thing, you gotta buy ALL of it. If it's randomized, who knows how long until you get what you want...)
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

Still I think the icon should have differentiated that this would be a different system. I haven't actually got one yet (them damn Spectre Loops....) and only found out it's a blind box by the forum.
I dunno, I kinda like it. I'm a sucker for blind boxes.

Still I think the icon should have differentiated that this would be a different system. I haven't actually got one yet (them damn Spectre Loops....) and only found out it's a blind box by the forum.
FObX7rS.png
Yeah ok that's not good.

Randomized apparel boxes? Sure! That's a fun idea. But call them 'loot boxes' or something and mark them with a dice icon. I had no idea there were randomized bundles. They should be VERY CLEARly marked as such and possibly even sold at a different store tab just to make it super clear that they're a separate thing.
Yeah ok that's not good.

Randomized apparel boxes? Sure! That's a fun idea. But call them 'loot boxes' or something and mark them with a dice icon. I had no idea there were randomized bundles. They should be VERY CLEARly marked as such and possibly even sold at a different store tab just to make it super clear that they're a separate thing.
IMG-2023-08-05-124048.jpg
I still think the "only 2 random items" was a bad decision. it defeats the purpose of an apparel box imo, if i want blind loot boxes I'll just open one of the treasure chests. I've refrained from using the hazel harvest apparel specifically because it's designed in an unfair way; even if you trade 10 times for the chest, you may still not get the items you want, which, for an apparel box, is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. I can only hope they don't pull this crap again in the future.
I still think the "only 2 random items" was a bad decision. it defeats the purpose of an apparel box imo, if i want blind loot boxes I'll just open one of the treasure chests. I've refrained from using the hazel harvest apparel specifically because it's designed in an unfair way; even if you trade 10 times for the chest, you may still not get the items you want, which, for an apparel box, is unacceptable as far as I'm concerned. I can only hope they don't pull this crap again in the future.
————————
— Cha
— they/them
Skin Shop
Wishlist
Eot-S-icon.png
x
Witch-s-heart-icon.png
x
Untitled1954.png
I didn't even know this was a thing. This is a really ****** thing to do.. it's like RNG bundles in games. Shame onto whoever decided this.
I didn't even know this was a thing. This is a really ****** thing to do.. it's like RNG bundles in games. Shame onto whoever decided this.
BkLX97a.pngOctopus is welcomeYya65zH.png
1 2 3