Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What’s the point of the inbreeding pre-
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Because it would be weird for someone to have kids with their great grandma. The dragons live in a relatively modern society and likely feel the same way about this as people in this universe.

Though it is a different universe and lore can be written however one wants, I am sure a game that allowed a society of people to breed with their own parents and cousins with no repercussions would leave a bad taste in a lot of player's mouths. Many players might not play it so it wouldn't be a very profitable game.
Because it would be weird for someone to have kids with their great grandma. The dragons live in a relatively modern society and likely feel the same way about this as people in this universe.

Though it is a different universe and lore can be written however one wants, I am sure a game that allowed a society of people to breed with their own parents and cousins with no repercussions would leave a bad taste in a lot of player's mouths. Many players might not play it so it wouldn't be a very profitable game.
I will put something here eventually.
Guys, they're just asking about the reasons why (out of lore, which is irrelevant in this case).

Weird lore implications aside, it would make breeding and cloning too easy as a game mechanic. Breeding as a mechanic should not be thought of as "breeding" irl. Look at Pokemon.
The lore and real life implications don't really have anything to do with this question, and certainly wasn't OP's intention when asking this question. It's just a game mechanic thing. Please don't misconstrue the question.
Guys, they're just asking about the reasons why (out of lore, which is irrelevant in this case).

Weird lore implications aside, it would make breeding and cloning too easy as a game mechanic. Breeding as a mechanic should not be thought of as "breeding" irl. Look at Pokemon.
The lore and real life implications don't really have anything to do with this question, and certainly wasn't OP's intention when asking this question. It's just a game mechanic thing. Please don't misconstrue the question.
[quote name="Realcottoncat" date="2021-08-16 16:40:58" ] Because it would be weird for someone to have kids with their great grandma. The dragons live in a relatively modern society and likely feel the same way about this as people in this universe. Though it is a different universe and lore can be written however one wants, I am sure a game that allowed a society of people to breed with their own parents and cousins with no repercussions would leave a bad taste in a lot of player's mouths. Many players might not play it so it wouldn't be a very profitable game. [/quote] Nah, instead it can be with a great great great grandma. I had a breeding project that took me four years to complete having the only active colors on site, breeding until a got an exact dragon that wasn't related as far as the scry goes. It was a fun challenge. There there. We understand it's a game, I promise.
Realcottoncat wrote on 2021-08-16 16:40:58:

Nah, instead it can be with a great great great grandma. I had a breeding project that took me four years to complete having the only active colors on site, breeding until a got an exact dragon that wasn't related as far as the scry goes. It was a fun challenge.

There there. We understand it's a game, I promise.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
some folks are bein pretty rude about a simple question. don't be mean.

anyways as others have said, it would make stuff too easy, but also it would probably make the family trees pretty confusin too.
some folks are bein pretty rude about a simple question. don't be mean.

anyways as others have said, it would make stuff too easy, but also it would probably make the family trees pretty confusin too.
Difficulty level, pure and simple.

Now, inbreeding would be a cool and indispensable mechanic if this was purely an animal breeding sim - however this is not that in the slightest.
Difficulty level, pure and simple.

Now, inbreeding would be a cool and indispensable mechanic if this was purely an animal breeding sim - however this is not that in the slightest.
I don’t want to inbreed dragons,but like I have a few dragons that are different are different elements,are related to a dragon in a dead account who is also a different element to both of them,in a fire clan,that dragon is four years old,and I can’t find either of their parents on that dragon’s offspring list.
I don’t want to inbreed dragons,but like I have a few dragons that are different are different elements,are related to a dragon in a dead account who is also a different element to both of them,in a fire clan,that dragon is four years old,and I can’t find either of their parents on that dragon’s offspring list.
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
Bruh
Bruh
yeah, not gonna repeat what everyone has said about game mechanics; just wanted to state that i ask myself the same question out of spite, because i have a very particular breeding project and all the lines are so heavily convoluted that finding a pair that can breed is like finding a needle in a haystack.

yeah, not gonna repeat what everyone has said about game mechanics; just wanted to state that i ask myself the same question out of spite, because i have a very particular breeding project and all the lines are so heavily convoluted that finding a pair that can breed is like finding a needle in a haystack.

UnyqHqE.png
[quote name="QuirkyJunimo" date="2021-08-16 16:59:17" ] I don’t want to inbreed dragons,but like I have a few dragons that are different are different elements,are related to a dragon in a dead account who is also a different element to both of them,in a fire clan,that dragon is four years old,and I can’t find either of their parents on that dragon’s offspring list. [/quote] What are the dragons? I'd be interested to see if it's a glitch, I'm always curious about FR glitches.
QuirkyJunimo wrote on 2021-08-16 16:59:17:

What are the dragons? I'd be interested to see if it's a glitch, I'm always curious about FR glitches.
!! signature under construction !!
[quote name="lonelyspaceegg" date="2021-08-16 17:10:30" ] [quote name="QuirkyJunimo" date="2021-08-16 16:59:17" ] I don’t want to inbreed dragons,but like I have a few dragons that are different are different elements,are related to a dragon in a dead account who is also a different element to both of them,in a fire clan,that dragon is four years old,and I can’t find either of their parents on that dragon’s offspring list. [/quote] What are the dragons? I'd be interested to see if it's a glitch, I'm always curious about FR glitches. [/quote] The dragons are Fire [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/70527205][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/705273/70527205_350.png[/img][/url] And Ash [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/55878162][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/558782/55878162_350.png[/img][/url] They were supposed to be a breeding pair but then in the middle of the night yesterday I found out they were related.
lonelyspaceegg wrote on 2021-08-16 17:10:30:
QuirkyJunimo wrote on 2021-08-16 16:59:17:

What are the dragons? I'd be interested to see if it's a glitch, I'm always curious about FR glitches.
The dragons are Fire 70527205_350.png
And Ash 55878162_350.png
They were supposed to be a breeding pair but then in the middle of the night yesterday I found out they were related.
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png