Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Are... Are we ever going to get closure?
1 2 3 4 5
I wouldn't say Earthshaker is missing. They basically said he was off to find the danger threatening dragonkind. I wouldn't call actively just creating a whole new species missing.

Tidelord... yeah, he's missing. It mentioned he'd been in the area near the obelisks but so far he hasn't shown any signs of doing something or made a true appearance. I'm sure he'll be back with the Water ancient or the Water ancient will play a role in helping find him (maybe near the end of the BotE stories all wrapping up).

As for the Nature ambassador:
Quote:
He regarded the Snapper’s trembling chin with disgust. “We will not retaliate, if that’s what you’re worried about. Only a fool couldn’t see that she was ill,” he said with a sneer. “But the damage is done. Hundreds of my warriors have fallen, torn apart by this pathetic child of the Gladekeeper. She has proven nature dragons are unable to survive on their own. Even now, her weakness threatens to destroy those around her. Take her back to her own kind.”

They probably took her to Nature, specifically the Behemoth as it mentioned her telling them to take her there to contain the seed. In all likely hood, Leifa might die or is dead. She was weak containing just a fraction of the seed's power so... yeah...

As for the Plague ambassador, we don't get to see them unleash the sickness but given their's a map location in Nature with Plague goop I can assume it happened after the whole Seed and Sickness story ended. I mean they told them to go into hiding until the right time.

The who and why of those events happening will likely be revealed near the end (as it likely ties into the whole enemy taking dragons in Earth). Will it be after all flights have 1 ancient? Probably.
We may get a few more hints whenever the Plague and/or Nature ancients come out though!

As for luminax... well, the deities will have to take him down eventually. However, I bet we keep him around for a long time coming still before they decide to work together and stop him. Maybe this new threat will convince them to do so.

Maybe when that lore comes it'll be the release of adventure mode (I think it was called). Or at least a similar event to the dustcarve dig.

Personally though I like having the lore spaced out. Not sure how neopets did it (as I saw others mention that site) since I never played, but having it all given at once isn't as fun. Lore gives me fresh interest in the site so the gaps between it are always a nice boost/pleasant surprise.

They also usually come with a huge new release/feature! Devs can't be expected to constantly be putting out large things to go with the lore and yeah, lore itself would still interest me, I still think having the events to coincide with it make it even better.

Plus think about it. Atm we have loose ends to tie up for sure:

The Shade
Talona/the Beastclan v. Dragon war
Tidelore
Luminax
BotE in general

BotE is seemingly getting tied up or at least continued through ancients.
The obelisk release was also sort of hinting towards BotE stuff along with some new enemy (or maybe the rise of an older one).

But if they just sat down and started handing us the rest of the lore they might tie up really quickly. Then what? Boom done? No more lore?
That's it until they can think of a new chapter?
Idk... rather anticipate the closing of those loose ends than have them answered and then have nothing. The only time I'd want to know how it all ends was if the site was going to close forever, which likely won't be happening anytime soon as it's fairly successful.
I wouldn't say Earthshaker is missing. They basically said he was off to find the danger threatening dragonkind. I wouldn't call actively just creating a whole new species missing.

Tidelord... yeah, he's missing. It mentioned he'd been in the area near the obelisks but so far he hasn't shown any signs of doing something or made a true appearance. I'm sure he'll be back with the Water ancient or the Water ancient will play a role in helping find him (maybe near the end of the BotE stories all wrapping up).

As for the Nature ambassador:
Quote:
He regarded the Snapper’s trembling chin with disgust. “We will not retaliate, if that’s what you’re worried about. Only a fool couldn’t see that she was ill,” he said with a sneer. “But the damage is done. Hundreds of my warriors have fallen, torn apart by this pathetic child of the Gladekeeper. She has proven nature dragons are unable to survive on their own. Even now, her weakness threatens to destroy those around her. Take her back to her own kind.”

They probably took her to Nature, specifically the Behemoth as it mentioned her telling them to take her there to contain the seed. In all likely hood, Leifa might die or is dead. She was weak containing just a fraction of the seed's power so... yeah...

As for the Plague ambassador, we don't get to see them unleash the sickness but given their's a map location in Nature with Plague goop I can assume it happened after the whole Seed and Sickness story ended. I mean they told them to go into hiding until the right time.

The who and why of those events happening will likely be revealed near the end (as it likely ties into the whole enemy taking dragons in Earth). Will it be after all flights have 1 ancient? Probably.
We may get a few more hints whenever the Plague and/or Nature ancients come out though!

As for luminax... well, the deities will have to take him down eventually. However, I bet we keep him around for a long time coming still before they decide to work together and stop him. Maybe this new threat will convince them to do so.

Maybe when that lore comes it'll be the release of adventure mode (I think it was called). Or at least a similar event to the dustcarve dig.

Personally though I like having the lore spaced out. Not sure how neopets did it (as I saw others mention that site) since I never played, but having it all given at once isn't as fun. Lore gives me fresh interest in the site so the gaps between it are always a nice boost/pleasant surprise.

They also usually come with a huge new release/feature! Devs can't be expected to constantly be putting out large things to go with the lore and yeah, lore itself would still interest me, I still think having the events to coincide with it make it even better.

Plus think about it. Atm we have loose ends to tie up for sure:

The Shade
Talona/the Beastclan v. Dragon war
Tidelore
Luminax
BotE in general

BotE is seemingly getting tied up or at least continued through ancients.
The obelisk release was also sort of hinting towards BotE stuff along with some new enemy (or maybe the rise of an older one).

But if they just sat down and started handing us the rest of the lore they might tie up really quickly. Then what? Boom done? No more lore?
That's it until they can think of a new chapter?
Idk... rather anticipate the closing of those loose ends than have them answered and then have nothing. The only time I'd want to know how it all ends was if the site was going to close forever, which likely won't be happening anytime soon as it's fairly successful.
3vHpx6Q.gifto5PExK.gif9pBokCW.gifYqq67Ss.gifqeem2ik.gifGfe13j0.gifom2qNyp.gifjXUW0Lv.gifn6WE0MB.gifTgabe8i.gifScGZkh8.gif
[quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-08-06 19:18:59" ] Yes. [/quote] [emoji=coatl star size=2]
Aequorin wrote on 2021-08-06 19:18:59:
Yes.
Volunteer Moderator

If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to submit a Support Request. These submissions are viewed solely by the Admin and staff of Flight Rising, not the volunteer moderator group.
I wonder if or when we'll learn what the mystery threat was that the Earthshaker created Obelisks for. That was my least favorite part of the Dustcarve Dig -- a lot of questions were brought up but only a single one was answered.
I wonder if or when we'll learn what the mystery threat was that the Earthshaker created Obelisks for. That was my least favorite part of the Dustcarve Dig -- a lot of questions were brought up but only a single one was answered.
Let's not forget to add the OG missing deity Windsinger who let for adventure time visiting all of the other deities literally at the very beginning of the site, stayed in Arcane for a while, then went to Plague for a while, changed his broad cast to praise adventure time and we haven't heard from him since
Let's not forget to add the OG missing deity Windsinger who let for adventure time visiting all of the other deities literally at the very beginning of the site, stayed in Arcane for a while, then went to Plague for a while, changed his broad cast to praise adventure time and we haven't heard from him since
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png
I'm guessing all of the next dragons we'll get will be a protector created to fight off this threat.
I'm guessing all of the next dragons we'll get will be a protector created to fight off this threat.
Y0w97b1.png astronic-fr
» he/they
» g1 lair
» art shop
XufexgK.gif
[quote name="keet" date="2021-08-07 08:12:57" ] Let's not forget to add the OG missing deity Windsinger who let for adventure time visiting all of the other deities literally at the very beginning of the site, stayed in Arcane for a while, then went to Plague for a while, changed his broad cast to praise adventure time and we haven't heard from him since [/quote] Well, he did change it to the BotE thing. Plus we got the new map. Anyways.. mousemod responded [emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1][emoji=special eyes size=1]
keet wrote on 2021-08-07 08:12:57:
Well, he did change it to the BotE thing. Plus we got the new map.

Anyways.. mousemod responded
I think the Staff have some sort of big project in mind for this and not only that but having a deity missing for quite some time sort of gives you a better feel for what the people on Sornieth are going through
I think the Staff have some sort of big project in mind for this and not only that but having a deity missing for quite some time sort of gives you a better feel for what the people on Sornieth are going through
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
[quote name="Lifeseeker" date="2021-08-06 19:20:21" ] [quote name="Aequorin" date="2021-08-06 19:18:59" ] Yes. [/quote] :D [/quote]
Lifeseeker wrote on 2021-08-06 19:20:21:
Aequorin wrote on 2021-08-06 19:18:59:
Yes.

:D
She/They
Fr time+2
Ummm....I like books?
For the record since Neopets is the big inspiration - it has/had the opposite problem. You had to be active for like 8 months straight to see all the lore and do all the puzzle steps, and once it was done, it was done, and anyone that missed any steps had to go and read a fansite compliation, with the exception of the Altador Plot that's only gone because of the Flash shutdown.

And I say had, because those really engaging cool stories were before the site was sold out to some people with... Questionable storytelling ability, who made everything long and bad. And on a money standpoint, old staff has come out to say plots were always made with monetary loss, because again, it's few players that are going to play all that time, too much budget used, for too little gain.

Dustcarve Dig is actually the only Neopets-style plot we've really had, with updates every time we completed a step, growing suspense, and depending entirely on our participation - even the Bogsneak reveal was just a fun easter egg if you were brewing that week.

So... I don't really blame Stormlight for making the plot move so slow. Less money, less staff (Neopets on its heyday had hundreds to make sure the site wouldn't break over the weekend - something the new, smaller-than-Stormlight staff found out quick) and it's a type of event that's proven to not benefit the site past a certain length. It's better to have lore in small chunks that you can always check back on, and *sometimes* something exclusive and cool.
For the record since Neopets is the big inspiration - it has/had the opposite problem. You had to be active for like 8 months straight to see all the lore and do all the puzzle steps, and once it was done, it was done, and anyone that missed any steps had to go and read a fansite compliation, with the exception of the Altador Plot that's only gone because of the Flash shutdown.

And I say had, because those really engaging cool stories were before the site was sold out to some people with... Questionable storytelling ability, who made everything long and bad. And on a money standpoint, old staff has come out to say plots were always made with monetary loss, because again, it's few players that are going to play all that time, too much budget used, for too little gain.

Dustcarve Dig is actually the only Neopets-style plot we've really had, with updates every time we completed a step, growing suspense, and depending entirely on our participation - even the Bogsneak reveal was just a fun easter egg if you were brewing that week.

So... I don't really blame Stormlight for making the plot move so slow. Less money, less staff (Neopets on its heyday had hundreds to make sure the site wouldn't break over the weekend - something the new, smaller-than-Stormlight staff found out quick) and it's a type of event that's proven to not benefit the site past a certain length. It's better to have lore in small chunks that you can always check back on, and *sometimes* something exclusive and cool.
QYzhmAi.png
@MulberryScroll

Stormlight?
do you mean flight rising
@MulberryScroll

Stormlight?
do you mean flight rising
1 2 3 4 5