Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Your own flight and deity?
1 2 3 4 5 6
I had the thought a long time ago to make a Spirit Flight and Deity.

The Deity could be named Soulforger. They'd primarily be lavender or heather colored, They and small, low the the ground, with a long length and a gaunt physique, the are wingless. Their dragons' eyes being various shades of blueish purple.
Magic for this Flight comes with Communing and commanding the spirits of the world. The dragons of the flight are known as mediums.

Think I may try incorporating Soulforger and their mediums into my Lore again
I had the thought a long time ago to make a Spirit Flight and Deity.

The Deity could be named Soulforger. They'd primarily be lavender or heather colored, They and small, low the the ground, with a long length and a gaunt physique, the are wingless. Their dragons' eyes being various shades of blueish purple.
Magic for this Flight comes with Communing and commanding the spirits of the world. The dragons of the flight are known as mediums.

Think I may try incorporating Soulforger and their mediums into my Lore again
sAhQN8T.png1c269cdf42db7da4517ef214bf24f65e1fab3421.png 79bdf3e03f26ca763990aa3f58ff36a432f37c6b.pngfyRIUHP.png
It's just my flight. I'm the deity.
It's just my flight. I'm the deity.
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
Dream flight! Dragons... I had an image and lost it. Basically tundra/snapper/skydancer hybrid Deity- beautiful, majestic gal who comforts lost dragons in her land, the dreamspinner A mix of these images (not mine) [img] https://i.postimg.cc/wjLKgsD1/download.jpg[/img] [img] https://i.postimg.cc/vZWKpwd9/download-1.jpg[/img] Their land is Sanctuary - a bit like heaven but more purple They value dreamers, magic and creativity BUT there's a side of them that is evil and- The SECOND deity- the NightmareKeeper, she values strong, brave, and [s]evil[/s]. Dark warriors in her dark, magical and firey forest- [img] https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.TRBSUHLOWYo40jFQeXqHxwHaFG?w=228&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7.png[/img] (Image not mine) (Their voices gif is them on either side of it, first the text covers Nightmare and says There's two sides... Then it covers dream and says To every story.
Dream flight!
Dragons... I had an image and lost it. Basically tundra/snapper/skydancer hybrid
Deity- beautiful, majestic gal who comforts lost dragons in her land, the dreamspinner
A mix of these images (not mine)
download.jpg download-1.jpg
Their land is Sanctuary - a bit like heaven but more purple
They value dreamers, magic and creativity BUT there's a side of them that is evil and-
The SECOND deity- the NightmareKeeper, she values strong, brave, and evil. Dark warriors in her dark, magical and firey forest-
OIP.TRBSUHLOWYo40jFQeXqHxwHaFG?w=228&h=180&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.5&pid=1.7.png
(Image not mine)

(Their voices gif is them on either side of it, first the text covers Nightmare and says
There's two sides...
Then it covers dream and says
To every story.
Jd88XNq.pngread before friending, blocking, reporting etc. Please! (Hopefully not the last one tho :)
BjMvLeY.png(non-fodder) dergs from u are safe with me!
feXtM27.pngarcane is the best. Change my mind. (clan lore)
7c8ZUEs.png lore, art and more!
wishlist
New flight, branching off of Fire- Metal flight. Eyes are shades of metallic golds and silvers. The deity appears to be an automaton. Dragons of this flight are very reliable, but they also make Ice dragons look uh, the opposite of expressionless words are failing me

I think that's the clearest in-story flight possibility (besides Shade/Void Flight becoming a thing) but... for me personally?

I think I'd also do a variation on dream/spirit/mist flight, for myself Pastel blues and purples for eyes, and their deity has its feet shrouded by clouds and fades into transparency, maybe with a dark grey body and swirling bioluminescent markings? Dragons of this flight are secretive, keeping to themselves, but also will help guide those who stumble into their realm. Unfortunately, it depends on the guiding dragon whether that help is actually, y'know, helpful or not (though the realm as a whole is not malevolent, just a bit mysterious and maybe a bit fey).
New flight, branching off of Fire- Metal flight. Eyes are shades of metallic golds and silvers. The deity appears to be an automaton. Dragons of this flight are very reliable, but they also make Ice dragons look uh, the opposite of expressionless words are failing me

I think that's the clearest in-story flight possibility (besides Shade/Void Flight becoming a thing) but... for me personally?

I think I'd also do a variation on dream/spirit/mist flight, for myself Pastel blues and purples for eyes, and their deity has its feet shrouded by clouds and fades into transparency, maybe with a dark grey body and swirling bioluminescent markings? Dragons of this flight are secretive, keeping to themselves, but also will help guide those who stumble into their realm. Unfortunately, it depends on the guiding dragon whether that help is actually, y'know, helpful or not (though the realm as a whole is not malevolent, just a bit mysterious and maybe a bit fey).
a small yellow and gold flag with the Light Flight's symbol
She/Her, FR +0
No worms in my username-
R e n a i w o m
I like being pinged, but not mass ones.
I often process thoughts by writing... Trying to TL;DR more.

*puts serious thought into it*

I have a few ideas!

The Heartsinger - Heart Flight

Lore: Born of the strife between the flights. When the world was at its darkest and all hope drained away, the Heartsinger appeared to shed light on the path to resolution and peace. Her children include dragons who are so full of love they cannot contain it and give it freely to all they meet, and those who are downtrodden and in need of compassion but can find it nowhere else.

Appearance: The Heartsinger is a smaller god, her physical form only a few times larger than that of her children, but her visible aura can be felt for miles around. Her aura is a very light, translucent shimmering opal, and causes everything in range of it to appear every so slightly opalescent.

Physically, her body is heavy and compact with a good amount of muscle, but you can't necessarily tell under all her fur. Her entire body, including her proportionally large wings, is covered in opalescent fur (cottoncandy with cyan soap). Her two sets of antlers are a cream color. One set extends relatively straight backwards (like gaolers), while the other set curves delicately around the sides of her head (like a ram, but antlers).

((Okay, I ran out of steam, but:))

The Empyreal - Celestial Flight

Beeg, many winged, white and gold with thin gold rings as accents

The Devourer - Hunger Flight

Dark dark red and black, kelpie-like with stringy hair and a drooping neck and head.
HmmMMMMMmmmm....
*puts serious thought into it*

I have a few ideas!

The Heartsinger - Heart Flight

Lore: Born of the strife between the flights. When the world was at its darkest and all hope drained away, the Heartsinger appeared to shed light on the path to resolution and peace. Her children include dragons who are so full of love they cannot contain it and give it freely to all they meet, and those who are downtrodden and in need of compassion but can find it nowhere else.

Appearance: The Heartsinger is a smaller god, her physical form only a few times larger than that of her children, but her visible aura can be felt for miles around. Her aura is a very light, translucent shimmering opal, and causes everything in range of it to appear every so slightly opalescent.

Physically, her body is heavy and compact with a good amount of muscle, but you can't necessarily tell under all her fur. Her entire body, including her proportionally large wings, is covered in opalescent fur (cottoncandy with cyan soap). Her two sets of antlers are a cream color. One set extends relatively straight backwards (like gaolers), while the other set curves delicately around the sides of her head (like a ram, but antlers).

((Okay, I ran out of steam, but:))

The Empyreal - Celestial Flight

Beeg, many winged, white and gold with thin gold rings as accents

The Devourer - Hunger Flight

Dark dark red and black, kelpie-like with stringy hair and a drooping neck and head.
w8o0xW1.png springcleanrafflebutton.png iiILKcw.png
Id probably just have a mixture of plague and arcane.. idk how id make that a reality yet
Id probably just have a mixture of plague and arcane.. idk how id make that a reality yet
9YmzAZz.png
6YtLZau.png
LRdLP2V.png
ACOZFAh.png
kE8PZoU.png
8732-DEFC-0882-405-A-A1-FC-A7-F406-FC25-B0.gifjt3PpxV.pngqo188r4.png
WKtl2lb.png
VjdktqS.png
FObX7rS.png
LardsEd.png
YMPbu9R.png
It would kinda be like,, really bird or bat oriented, even more so than the bird/bat dragons we have now

Like, maybe just an owl or vulture gryphon, or a bat with four legs and a thirst for :sparkle: culture :sparkle:
It would kinda be like,, really bird or bat oriented, even more so than the bird/bat dragons we have now

Like, maybe just an owl or vulture gryphon, or a bat with four legs and a thirst for :sparkle: culture :sparkle:

92n1dwB.png
4LIgWCz.png
rI18gRz.png
7FPB55S.png
t3Y2mF7.png
5hF3FGk.png
FObX7rS.pngYw8EvNQ.png
VpMOGhK.png
7fFdbks.png
JMjFoSS.png
Dream Flight
the deity (can't decide on a name, something like Dreamwalker or Wishmaker) was borne from the hopes and dreams of the other deities, to create, to conquer, to preserve, to discover, etc. and looks somewhat like an amalgamation of all of them, with an opalescent body and eyes
they reside in The Aether between Sornieth's sky and space and never stop flying, as long as dragons keep dreaming. they have no breed to call their own but will lend their power to dragons with a strong desire to achieve their goals, and aim to give a voice to those who believe they have none. dragons blessed by them have many flecks of color in their eyes
maybe they also hold some power over the spirit realm, and comfort dragons who passed too soon, maybe going as far to bring them back to life? idk :p
Dream Flight
the deity (can't decide on a name, something like Dreamwalker or Wishmaker) was borne from the hopes and dreams of the other deities, to create, to conquer, to preserve, to discover, etc. and looks somewhat like an amalgamation of all of them, with an opalescent body and eyes
they reside in The Aether between Sornieth's sky and space and never stop flying, as long as dragons keep dreaming. they have no breed to call their own but will lend their power to dragons with a strong desire to achieve their goals, and aim to give a voice to those who believe they have none. dragons blessed by them have many flecks of color in their eyes
maybe they also hold some power over the spirit realm, and comfort dragons who passed too soon, maybe going as far to bring them back to life? idk :p
left star border ARCY • SHE/HER • FRT+3
avatar dragon | projects | wishlist | skin shop
right star border nonAp0O.png
You see, I wanted to contribute to this thread by bringing up the fairground game "Runes of Arcanist". Well, it looks like I wasn't the only one who thought of it, haha! /nsrs Therefore, I present to you a poorly-thought out flight. Purposefully made cursed, mind you. [size=5]Human flight[/size] Deity - Bob Bob (AKA Bob "Hunter" Johnson) is an offspring of a rare pairing of a Harpy and Minotaur. He displays all atavistic traits of Second Age humans, save for two brown wings sprouting from his back. It is unknown where he resides and many believe his existence is merely heresay to scare hatchlings. Legends say he has the ability to harness the power of an untold element. Location - Fairly nomadic, any settlements are as quickly build as they are brought down. Witnesses say those of the "Human flight" are most often spotted in temperate climates and prefer Earth's or Nature's domains, but it's not uncommon to see them in territories of different elements. Many clans debate if such accounts should be taken seriously, as those who saw the "Human flight" dragons come back to their lairs with high fevers, signs of dehydration or impaired sight. Personality - Dragons of this flight are often very reclusive and introverted; they avoid contact with other elements, fleeing upon discovery and in face of confrontation. However, they're very hardy and resilent, quickly coming up with solutions to problems. Very few are aggressive to strangers; one fae recalled that they managed to save her from certain death. Flight colours - hazel, auburn, burgundy, maroon; flight symbol is a human hand; unusual eyes give the dragons heterochromia, primal eyes are just realistic eyes to make it more cursed [size=4]Breeds[/size] Uncommon - Cupid(s) Measuring at average ~1,37 m in lenght and ~0,5 m in wingspan, this flightless breed is perhaps the second (or third) smallest breed. They are described as having a face similar to that of a proto manticore, short Velispun-like hair that can be curly, sharp dryad ears and an almost scaleless body. Their tail is thin and ends with a heart-shaped scale, hence their name. Their diet consists of varied fruits and insects. Sketches often depict them wearing apparel made (depending on the circumstances) of tundra fur or leaves which is often decorated with various bright skydancer feathers. It is said they take care of the ambandoned and injured, aiding them to the best of their ability till help or death arrives. [img]https://i.imgur.com/THp7ewX.png[/img] Ancient - Amalgam(s) There are no set parameters for this breed. No two Amalgams are the same, though all of them maintain an amorphous blob shape, which helps them camouflage when hiding. And they do have a reason for doing so, as their appearance makes even the hardiest plague dragon sick to their stomach. They are able to consume everything. No clear records can be found as they are often disregarded as delusions of the lost wanderers, who encountered the Amalgams. The only evidence of their existence is a diary of a wind trader who got lost in the Abiding Graveyard. On one of the last pages it recounts them seeing a dark, many winged and limbed shape over the horizon, but they disregard it as their imagination. Edit: Added a depiction of "Cupid(s)"
You see, I wanted to contribute to this thread by bringing up the fairground game "Runes of Arcanist". Well, it looks like I wasn't the only one who thought of it, haha! /nsrs

Therefore, I present to you a poorly-thought out flight.
Purposefully made cursed, mind you.

Human flight
Deity - Bob
Bob (AKA Bob "Hunter" Johnson) is an offspring of a rare pairing of a Harpy and Minotaur. He displays all atavistic traits of Second Age humans, save for two brown wings sprouting from his back. It is unknown where he resides and many believe his existence is merely heresay to scare hatchlings. Legends say he has the ability to harness the power of an untold element.

Location - Fairly nomadic, any settlements are as quickly build as they are brought down. Witnesses say those of the "Human flight" are most often spotted in temperate climates and prefer Earth's or Nature's domains, but it's not uncommon to see them in territories of different elements. Many clans debate if such accounts should be taken seriously, as those who saw the "Human flight" dragons come back to their lairs with high fevers, signs of dehydration or impaired sight.

Personality - Dragons of this flight are often very reclusive and introverted; they avoid contact with other elements, fleeing upon discovery and in face of confrontation. However, they're very hardy and resilent, quickly coming up with solutions to problems. Very few are aggressive to strangers; one fae recalled that they managed to save her from certain death.

Flight colours - hazel, auburn, burgundy, maroon; flight symbol is a human hand; unusual eyes give the dragons heterochromia, primal eyes are just realistic eyes to make it more cursed

Breeds

Uncommon - Cupid(s)
Measuring at average ~1,37 m in lenght and ~0,5 m in wingspan, this flightless breed is perhaps the second (or third) smallest breed.
They are described as having a face similar to that of a proto manticore, short Velispun-like hair that can be curly, sharp dryad ears and an almost scaleless body. Their tail is thin and ends with a heart-shaped scale, hence their name. Their diet consists of varied fruits and insects.
Sketches often depict them wearing apparel made (depending on the circumstances) of tundra fur or leaves which is often decorated with various bright skydancer feathers.
It is said they take care of the ambandoned and injured, aiding them to the best of their ability till help or death arrives.
THp7ewX.png

Ancient - Amalgam(s)
There are no set parameters for this breed.
No two Amalgams are the same, though all of them maintain an amorphous blob shape, which helps them camouflage when hiding. And they do have a reason for doing so, as their appearance makes even the hardiest plague dragon sick to their stomach. They are able to consume everything.
No clear records can be found as they are often disregarded as delusions of the lost wanderers, who encountered the Amalgams. The only evidence of their existence is a diary of a wind trader who got lost in the Abiding Graveyard. On one of the last pages it recounts them seeing a dark, many winged and limbed shape over the horizon, but they disregard it as their imagination.

Edit: Added a depiction of "Cupid(s)"
.TASTE_ THE_COLOURS.
Time flight is the secret 12th flight that technically doesn't exist on Sornieth but on a parallel dimension. Their job is to prevent the Shade (as well as prevent the other 11 deities) from destroying the planet through timeline manipulation. The Timekeeper is their god and he is the personification of time itself, having existed since the beginning of the universe. He's a bit shady as he doesn't protect Sornieth simply out of good will, but at least he's very effective at fighting the Shade

Time flight's symbol is a clock (obviously). Their color scheme doesn't have any color, just different shades of grey and black. They're also the only flight without a breed because Timekeeper never bother to create one. In fact, all Time dragons used to be normal dragons with normal elements until Timekeeper kidnap them and bring them to his dimension. Once there they can never die or leave and their existence on Sornieth is erased entirely

In a hypothetical situation where the dev decided to bring Time flight into the game, it'd be during April's Fool. During the event, whenever someone exalts a dragon there's a chance that that dragon won't go to any of the 11, and if their page is opened it'd be in greyscale and the background art would depict Timekeeper's place. There would also be some special event items that hint at a new flight. When the event finally ends, Time flight would be introduced properly and everyone would receive the one of a kind flight change scrolls from Galore which turn existing dragons into Time dragons

There are many game mechanics that are exclusive to them, like how their breeding cooldown is always set to 50 days no matter the breed, or their unique tert genes and eye type... but this post is already too long and I don't feel like typing it all out
Time flight is the secret 12th flight that technically doesn't exist on Sornieth but on a parallel dimension. Their job is to prevent the Shade (as well as prevent the other 11 deities) from destroying the planet through timeline manipulation. The Timekeeper is their god and he is the personification of time itself, having existed since the beginning of the universe. He's a bit shady as he doesn't protect Sornieth simply out of good will, but at least he's very effective at fighting the Shade

Time flight's symbol is a clock (obviously). Their color scheme doesn't have any color, just different shades of grey and black. They're also the only flight without a breed because Timekeeper never bother to create one. In fact, all Time dragons used to be normal dragons with normal elements until Timekeeper kidnap them and bring them to his dimension. Once there they can never die or leave and their existence on Sornieth is erased entirely

In a hypothetical situation where the dev decided to bring Time flight into the game, it'd be during April's Fool. During the event, whenever someone exalts a dragon there's a chance that that dragon won't go to any of the 11, and if their page is opened it'd be in greyscale and the background art would depict Timekeeper's place. There would also be some special event items that hint at a new flight. When the event finally ends, Time flight would be introduced properly and everyone would receive the one of a kind flight change scrolls from Galore which turn existing dragons into Time dragons

There are many game mechanics that are exclusive to them, like how their breeding cooldown is always set to 50 days no matter the breed, or their unique tert genes and eye type... but this post is already too long and I don't feel like typing it all out
XI8Ptgx.jpg
1 2 3 4 5 6