Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How do banescales dig??
1 2 3 4
Like a bird! Using their beak nose, mouth or feet! Here are some videos to help visualize it:

https://youtu.be/SyRU97a5NQ4

https://youtu.be/HqquyWJbsck

Edit: On a side note... I’m sure guardians are more aquatic than you might think. Sure, they might not be ideal for just aquatic living. However, I think the Tidelord opted for his breed to have the ability to live in both aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems. This way they can freely interact with other breeds (and possibly take over?).

Surprisingly, moose have been known to dive pretty deep to eat aquatic vegetation. Due to this, there have been accounts of orcas hunting them.
Like a bird! Using their beak nose, mouth or feet! Here are some videos to help visualize it:

https://youtu.be/SyRU97a5NQ4

https://youtu.be/HqquyWJbsck

Edit: On a side note... I’m sure guardians are more aquatic than you might think. Sure, they might not be ideal for just aquatic living. However, I think the Tidelord opted for his breed to have the ability to live in both aquatic and terrestrial ecosystems. This way they can freely interact with other breeds (and possibly take over?).

Surprisingly, moose have been known to dive pretty deep to eat aquatic vegetation. Due to this, there have been accounts of orcas hunting them.
Yeah I imagine they dig like birds. There are species of birds that dig pretty elaborate holes.
Yeah I imagine they dig like birds. There are species of birds that dig pretty elaborate holes.
Feel free to ping me. I love being part of a conversation.
LORE (feel free to use):

Wights/Draugr/Wraiths/Religions/Elements/Dragonkin

PzFNFIJ.png
[quote name="SkralDrog" date="2021-01-25 13:45:39" ] I guess it's like how Guardians are supposed to be water dwelling, but their design is really clunky and probably wouldn't do well actually trying to swim? Maybe they were supposed to belong to another flight, or their lore was written before the design was finalized. Or maybe they used magic to levitate shovels. [/quote] @SkralDrog They are originally a water flight species. Guardians have a lot of fins on them (especially the chest scales), which help break the water and as a result they can swim very well. Their tails are also very powerful, and help propel them through the water. If you look at crocodiles, they are very clunky too, but excel at swimming.
SkralDrog wrote on 2021-01-25 13:45:39:
I guess it's like how Guardians are supposed to be water dwelling, but their design is really clunky and probably wouldn't do well actually trying to swim? Maybe they were supposed to belong to another flight, or their lore was written before the design was finalized. Or maybe they used magic to levitate shovels.

@SkralDrog
They are originally a water flight species.
Guardians have a lot of fins on them (especially the chest scales), which help break the water and as a result they can swim very well. Their tails are also very powerful, and help propel them through the water. If you look at crocodiles, they are very clunky too, but excel at swimming.
tumblr_na5dh68Ezc1tfzajgo2_500.gif
tumblr_inline_naz0azrMBD1qg78ij.pngtumblr_inline_nknclfI9au1rgacqp.giftumblr_inline_naz0b53uHQ1qg78ij.png
like chickens, with their claws and snout!
like chickens, with their claws and snout!
Huge old dragon purge here. All under 2mil ID digits (T/G) accepted. 6 digits, leveled dragons, earth dragons, old coatls, unbreds, xxy, etc all for sale please make offers
@Xeyla [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/7b4711d6b1dbaebf865dfc12e563b29c/f5aa1a2c5ccd5101-cc/s2048x3072/6f058ba263e395c2ac001d3c598b81eeb25772ac.jpg[/img] It's a bit of a conspiracy theory. Here's the first appearance of guardians- Undel's second Dragonart book! Its copyright is for 2010, about three years before the Kickstarter. The guardian drawn here is described by Undel as heavy and fully scaled to thrive in cold climates. Other common breeds also appear in the book, with the Fae called a "Fairy Dragon," almost exactly what they ended up being named. So, why would Undel call guardians "frost" dragons if they were planned from the start to be a water breed? Guardians also have a tapered tail, very different from the broad and vertically flattened tail crocodiles do. It'd be like trying to propel a shark with a flagellum. Those massive wings with as many fingers as possible and large claws at their ends don't look very streamlined either. Their encyclopedia page also carefully toes around describing their swimming habits. [i]Their toes aren't even webbed.[/i] TL;DR Undel described guardians as ice-dwelling before FR was a thing. It wouldn't surprise me if banescales started as a dug-up sketch that used to have different lore, too.
@Xeyla

6f058ba263e395c2ac001d3c598b81eeb25772ac.jpg

It's a bit of a conspiracy theory. Here's the first appearance of guardians- Undel's second Dragonart book! Its copyright is for 2010, about three years before the Kickstarter. The guardian drawn here is described by Undel as heavy and fully scaled to thrive in cold climates. Other common breeds also appear in the book, with the Fae called a "Fairy Dragon," almost exactly what they ended up being named. So, why would Undel call guardians "frost" dragons if they were planned from the start to be a water breed?

Guardians also have a tapered tail, very different from the broad and vertically flattened tail crocodiles do. It'd be like trying to propel a shark with a flagellum. Those massive wings with as many fingers as possible and large claws at their ends don't look very streamlined either. Their encyclopedia page also carefully toes around describing their swimming habits. Their toes aren't even webbed.

TL;DR Undel described guardians as ice-dwelling before FR was a thing. It wouldn't surprise me if banescales started as a dug-up sketch that used to have different lore, too.
tumblr_pkudlq16Wl1wnugyjo1_500.png
I thing digging with their legs could be effective. They look very strong and like the could upturn a lot and kick it behind them
I thing digging with their legs could be effective. They look very strong and like the could upturn a lot and kick it behind them
they're like big chicken dragon worms

they wiggle :)
they're like big chicken dragon worms

they wiggle :)
p3jdzi4.png
Very Carefully, I assume
Very Carefully, I assume
I think they dig like chickens, and forge weapons with one leg and their face. Ever watch a parrot getting into a nut? They balance on one leg, hold the nut with the other claw, and use their tongues and beaks to get the nut out of the shell. I imagine Banescales forge the same way, they just have heat-resistant head with teeth instead of a beak.
I think they dig like chickens, and forge weapons with one leg and their face. Ever watch a parrot getting into a nut? They balance on one leg, hold the nut with the other claw, and use their tongues and beaks to get the nut out of the shell. I imagine Banescales forge the same way, they just have heat-resistant head with teeth instead of a beak.
D17BJbU.jpgyzvRydr.png
[quote name="Iokharic" date="2021-01-25 15:15:09" ] They spin really fast like a drill [/quote] Only headcannon I'll accept now.
Iokharic wrote on 2021-01-25 15:15:09:
They spin really fast like a drill

Only headcannon I'll accept now.
I'm very blunt and straightforward.
Yes, I never use any vistas.

For ease of access: She/Her.

Also I hoard the hyena familiars.
1 2 3 4