Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | General FR Questions For You!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
1. Do you write lore for your dragons or do you not?
Somewhere in-between. I write personalities and relationships

2. Do you exalt your dragons, if so do you like to level them?
Yes. I usually level them to lvl 6-7 before exalting.

3. Do you re-sell dragons or prefer not to?
No it's too much of a hassle for me

4. Are you active in the FR side of forums?
But of course

5. Do you send friend requests / comment on others profiles about their dragons?
I don't send friend requests often, and I really only leave comments about fandragons I love

6. Do you run any threads in Raffles & Giveaways or Dragon Trading?
Eh, no.

7. Would you rather no apparel, some to little apparel, or alot of apparel?
It depends on the dragon, but if I have to pick one I'll go with a lot.

8. Are you known to commonly browse through the AH?
No I rarely buy anything.

9. Are you a coli-grinder?
God I wish. At least my wrists will thank me later or something

10. How did you find out about Flight Rising?
Heard about it from a sibling!
Somewhere in-between. I write personalities and relationships

Yes. I usually level them to lvl 6-7 before exalting.

No it's too much of a hassle for me

But of course

5. Do you send friend requests / comment on others profiles about their dragons?
I don't send friend requests often, and I really only leave comments about fandragons I love

Eh, no.

It depends on the dragon, but if I have to pick one I'll go with a lot.

No I rarely buy anything.

God I wish. At least my wrists will thank me later or something

Heard about it from a sibling!
Ot3Ahks.jpg
Hmm, define "write". I mean, if you're going to be strict and say that means getting the myriad of detailed stories for both the clan and individual dragons out of my head and onto their bios and clan page, then no.

Yes, and yes!

Not usually, because they take up lair space. When I'm done with a project dragon, I mostly level and exalt.

Not too active.

No, I'm too shy to reach out to people. I dole out likes liberally, though.

No

Generally no apparel, although I'm not opposed to an occasional accent piece if it's the right dragon and the right piece. If I have a dragon who is heavily clothed, it's because I only have that dragon for a project and I'm trying to hide some gene or breed feature that I don't like looking at.

Oh goodness, I may spend more time in the AH than in my own lair!

YES (How else am I supposed to feed the dragons?)

I'd heard of it through other websites since its inception, but at first I didn't think I'd have the time or the interest to get into it. (The couple of times I checked it out very casually, membership was closed.) It took a pandemic for me to jump in.
Hmm, define "write". I mean, if you're going to be strict and say that means getting the myriad of detailed stories for both the clan and individual dragons out of my head and onto their bios and clan page, then no.

Yes, and yes!

Not usually, because they take up lair space. When I'm done with a project dragon, I mostly level and exalt.

Not too active.

No, I'm too shy to reach out to people. I dole out likes liberally, though.

No

Generally no apparel, although I'm not opposed to an occasional accent piece if it's the right dragon and the right piece. If I have a dragon who is heavily clothed, it's because I only have that dragon for a project and I'm trying to hide some gene or breed feature that I don't like looking at.

Oh goodness, I may spend more time in the AH than in my own lair!

YES (How else am I supposed to feed the dragons?)

I'd heard of it through other websites since its inception, but at first I didn't think I'd have the time or the interest to get into it. (The couple of times I checked it out very casually, membership was closed.) It took a pandemic for me to jump in.
Vista: Asexual Ribbon
hold
Vista: Progress Ribbon
[quote]1. Do you write lore for your dragons or do you not?[/quote] Let's say, I wish to, but I don't know how. Ideas are there, though, so whenever the time is right, I shall write. (Currently, my idea is that the dragons are users in a fictional MMORPG trying to find the fate of a popular video maker). ----- [quote]2. Do you exalt your dragons, if so do you like to level them?[/quote] Yes. If the dragon isn't that special (rare-eyed, rare colours, yadda yadda) then I'll throw it in the meat grinder. Level wise, it's mainly towards 5 or 7. ----- [quote]3. Do you re-sell dragons or prefer not to?[/quote] Immediately? No. Whenever I get bored? Yes. ----- [quote]4. Are you active in the FR side of forums?[/quote] Yes. ----- [quote]5. Do you send friend requests / comment on others profiles about their dragons?[/quote] If the dragon is shown on the main page, yes, but only if the user seems active. Regularly, I don't. ----- [quote]6. Do you run any threads in Raffles & Giveaways or Dragon Trading?[/quote] IIRC, I had a thread where I would give away old dragons for free whenever I change my theme. That's been collecting dust though, LOL. ----- [quote]7. Would you rather no apparel, some to little apparel, or alot of apparel?[/quote] Some to little. Reason: UMAs. ----- [quote]8. Are you known to commonly browse through the AH?[/quote] [i]*shrug*[/i] ----- [quote]9. Are you a coli-grinder?[/quote] A veteran, if that's an alright term. (aka I used to grind a lot, but nowadays I don't, mainly because of school and other adult duties). ----- [quote]10. How did you find out about Flight Rising?[/quote] An old Discord buddy told me about it, but at first, I didn't catch on it that much. Then I decided to test.
Quote:

Let's say, I wish to, but I don't know how. Ideas are there, though, so whenever the time is right, I shall write. (Currently, my idea is that the dragons are users in a fictional MMORPG trying to find the fate of a popular video maker).
Quote:

Yes. If the dragon isn't that special (rare-eyed, rare colours, yadda yadda) then I'll throw it in the meat grinder. Level wise, it's mainly towards 5 or 7.
Quote:

Immediately? No.
Whenever I get bored? Yes.
Quote:

Yes.
Quote:

If the dragon is shown on the main page, yes, but only if the user seems active.
Regularly, I don't.
Quote:

IIRC, I had a thread where I would give away old dragons for free whenever I change my theme. That's been collecting dust though, LOL.
Quote:

Some to little.
Reason: UMAs.
Quote:

*shrug*
Quote:

A veteran, if that's an alright term. (aka I used to grind a lot, but nowadays I don't, mainly because of school and other adult duties).
Quote:

An old Discord buddy told me about it, but at first, I didn't catch on it that much.
Then I decided to test.
A bottle of Dasani (water)
Please drink water.

Step away if things get heated.
Yeah! I haven't finished it, though..

Yeah, that's how I get all my money for projects ;-;

Sometimes. If another flight is pushing for dom and is offering more than exalt payouts, I'll probably sell fodder to them.

I also sometimes forget what I bid on in auctions, and I accidentally buy two dragons for a fandragon [ curse you, three weather reports.. ] and I'll have to resell them.

Somewhat active. I make a few posts a day and lurk a lot.

I don't really send friend requests unless we talk a lot, but I do like commenting on user profiles :]

Nah, I don't have a lot to trade or raffle.

Lots and lots of apparel!! I really enjoy making outfits

Guilty as charged. I basically live there.

Yes, my wrists still ache from NOTN

I saw a MAP part on youtube that was really cool, so I looked into it. The site was closed for registration at the moment, so I messed with the scrying workshop and then left.
A couple weeks later on the school bus, my friend asked me if I knew what Flight Rising was, and encouraged me to join! Now I'm addicted and they're inactive.
Yeah! I haven't finished it, though..

Yeah, that's how I get all my money for projects ;-;

Sometimes. If another flight is pushing for dom and is offering more than exalt payouts, I'll probably sell fodder to them.

I also sometimes forget what I bid on in auctions, and I accidentally buy two dragons for a fandragon [ curse you, three weather reports.. ] and I'll have to resell them.

Somewhat active. I make a few posts a day and lurk a lot.

I don't really send friend requests unless we talk a lot, but I do like commenting on user profiles :]

Nah, I don't have a lot to trade or raffle.

Lots and lots of apparel!! I really enjoy making outfits

Guilty as charged. I basically live there.

Yes, my wrists still ache from NOTN

I saw a MAP part on youtube that was really cool, so I looked into it. The site was closed for registration at the moment, so I messed with the scrying workshop and then left.
A couple weeks later on the school bus, my friend asked me if I knew what Flight Rising was, and encouraged me to join! Now I'm addicted and they're inactive.
mx5 #339872
· he/she
· fr time +3
· emergency comms
used to, don't anymore. got tired, not worth my time and effort these days
whos gonna care even if i do write lore? they're going to skim over it anyways

yes and yes

i prefer not to. buying dragons to immediately resell them is something i don't do because i find it mean, but for those who do, get that bread i suppose
i resell only during dom battles

sometimes when i feel like it

rarely but when i do it's to complement the person's dragon

nope. not committed enough for that. i don't have enough resources for that either

a lot of apparel! spoil them to bits yknow

yeah when i'm really really bored or if i want to grab at some novelty fodder
even better if i accidentally fall in love with it

yes. i have made millions by grinding and selling preserved petals as well as exalting fodder

the-mostly-dead-now chickensmoothie
used to, don't anymore. got tired, not worth my time and effort these days
whos gonna care even if i do write lore? they're going to skim over it anyways

yes and yes

i prefer not to. buying dragons to immediately resell them is something i don't do because i find it mean, but for those who do, get that bread i suppose
i resell only during dom battles

sometimes when i feel like it

rarely but when i do it's to complement the person's dragon

nope. not committed enough for that. i don't have enough resources for that either

a lot of apparel! spoil them to bits yknow

yeah when i'm really really bored or if i want to grab at some novelty fodder
even better if i accidentally fall in love with it

yes. i have made millions by grinding and selling preserved petals as well as exalting fodder

the-mostly-dead-now chickensmoothie
..........................52927620204-00a57591c5-o.png
NAMEflightriisng.png
they/she :: FR+0
i love my partner :3
p90UoHj.png
Not "lore" per se, but I do try to include little character descriptions. Someday all of my permas will have that.
Not often but yeah, but if I exalt any dragon (mine or AH fodder) I always level first.
I definitely prefer not to!
Do you mean forums side of FR? I am pretty active on the forums! I used to be very quiet and never post, but not anymore.
I used to send people friend requests, but I try not to anymore because I've seen multiple people post that they don't like friend requests. :< I will sometimes comment on profiles though, like if I really like one of their dragons.
I do want to run a raffle someday, but I haven't yet! I never post in the dragon share/trading/etc. forums though. (Not for any particular reason; I just don't.)
7. Would you rather no apparel, some to little apparel, or a lot of apparel?
No apparel, or a little apparel. Definitely not a lot of apparel.
Yeah, all the time!
Yep, I like Crystal Pools, Kelp Beds, and Forbidden Portal! I'll occasionally dip into any given venue for a little while though.
I was in a vocaloid skype group and they talked about it there. I think I'm the only one from that group that still plays FR, though.
Not "lore" per se, but I do try to include little character descriptions. Someday all of my permas will have that.
Not often but yeah, but if I exalt any dragon (mine or AH fodder) I always level first.
I definitely prefer not to!
Do you mean forums side of FR? I am pretty active on the forums! I used to be very quiet and never post, but not anymore.
I used to send people friend requests, but I try not to anymore because I've seen multiple people post that they don't like friend requests. :< I will sometimes comment on profiles though, like if I really like one of their dragons.
I do want to run a raffle someday, but I haven't yet! I never post in the dragon share/trading/etc. forums though. (Not for any particular reason; I just don't.)
7. Would you rather no apparel, some to little apparel, or a lot of apparel?
No apparel, or a little apparel. Definitely not a lot of apparel.
Yeah, all the time!
Yep, I like Crystal Pools, Kelp Beds, and Forbidden Portal! I'll occasionally dip into any given venue for a little while though.
I was in a vocaloid skype group and they talked about it there. I think I'm the only one from that group that still plays FR, though.
xxxxxxxxxx 0Srkgnv.gif NkoiOuv.gif Gwrjw2w.gif JQCpKiY.gif
I try to but sometimes it's hard to really put down my ideas into words, so I don't write very often. I assure you, though, my lore is very fleshed out in my head!

I exalt frequently, but never without getting them to at least level seven.

Usually not, but sometimes I accidentally buy a pretty or potentially valuable fodder dragon, in which case I try to re-sell them to someone who might keep them. I also occasionally buy pretty dragons for cheap, train them to level 25 and then re-sell them for 250g.

Somewhat, yes. I try not to comment unless I feel like I have something to add to the discussion.

I've never sent a friend request but if I see a pretty dragon on the front page I will occasionally tell the owner it was featured and compliment them (unless their bio says not to).

No. I might donate something to one in the future though.

I usually forget to buy clothes for my dragons, but I do prefer them to have some apparel. Not too much though; I like to be able to see what genes a dragon has without having to stare at it for twenty minutes.

Yes. Way too often.

I grind exp pretty regularly but I usually don't grind for items.

I saw my friend from college playing it during lunch and asked her about it. I wish I'd gotten her username.
I try to but sometimes it's hard to really put down my ideas into words, so I don't write very often. I assure you, though, my lore is very fleshed out in my head!

I exalt frequently, but never without getting them to at least level seven.

Usually not, but sometimes I accidentally buy a pretty or potentially valuable fodder dragon, in which case I try to re-sell them to someone who might keep them. I also occasionally buy pretty dragons for cheap, train them to level 25 and then re-sell them for 250g.

Somewhat, yes. I try not to comment unless I feel like I have something to add to the discussion.

I've never sent a friend request but if I see a pretty dragon on the front page I will occasionally tell the owner it was featured and compliment them (unless their bio says not to).

No. I might donate something to one in the future though.

I usually forget to buy clothes for my dragons, but I do prefer them to have some apparel. Not too much though; I like to be able to see what genes a dragon has without having to stare at it for twenty minutes.

Yes. Way too often.

I grind exp pretty regularly but I usually don't grind for items.

I saw my friend from college playing it during lunch and asked her about it. I wish I'd gotten her username.
Someday, I will have a full, fleshed-out forum signature.

But today is not that day.

Current avatar dragon: https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/88842114
[i]1. Do you write lore for your dragons or do you not?[/i] Technically no, because none of them have actual lore yet, but i definitely want to some day I have like, little tidbits that i know but i havent found a way to write them down that makes sense [i]2. Do you exalt your dragons, if so do you like to level them?[/i] hmm, yeah. i typically only buy dragons to keep tho, but if i feel like cleaning out my lair every once in a while ill just yeet them (or put them on the ah if i think someone else might like them), no leveling required. [i]3. Do you re-sell dragons or prefer not to?[/i] depends what u mean by resell. flipping isnt rly my thing, but if a few months down the line i stop liking a dragon then ill toss em on the ah if i think someone else might want em [i]4. Are you active in the FR side of forums?[/i] yes. i think my 5k posts gives that away LOL [i]5. Do you send friend requests / comment on others profiles about their dragons?[/i] if i see a dragon on the front page and they belong to an active lair ill shoot them a profile comment along the lines of "i saw _____ on the front page!" and then something i like about the dragon. otherwise, i dont rly send friend requests first anymore (dont wanna bother ppl plus i get nervous qwq) but if someone sends me one then ill typically accept [i]6. Do you run any threads in Raffles & Giveaways or Dragon Trading?[/i] nah, too much responsibility and that just sounds nerve-wracking [i]7. Would you rather no apparel, some to little apparel, or alot of apparel?[/i] ideally, a lot of apparel. my wallet only allows for little to none tho haha [i]8. Are you known to commonly browse through the AH?[/i] definitely. impulse buys ftw [i]9. Are you a coli-grinder?[/i] yep. i got like 7 and a half stacks of [item=mimic powder] from notn grinding this year [i]10. How did you find out about Flight Rising?[/i] i think i saw a Youtube vid about it and it looked interesting? i cant rly remember, but that seems like the most likely explanation

Technically no, because none of them have actual lore yet, but i definitely want to some day
I have like, little tidbits that i know but i havent found a way to write them down that makes sense

hmm, yeah. i typically only buy dragons to keep tho, but if i feel like cleaning out my lair every once in a while ill just yeet them (or put them on the ah if i think someone else might like them), no leveling required.

depends what u mean by resell. flipping isnt rly my thing, but if a few months down the line i stop liking a dragon then ill toss em on the ah if i think someone else might want em

yes. i think my 5k posts gives that away LOL

if i see a dragon on the front page and they belong to an active lair ill shoot them a profile comment along the lines of "i saw _____ on the front page!" and then something i like about the dragon. otherwise, i dont rly send friend requests first anymore (dont wanna bother ppl plus i get nervous qwq) but if someone sends me one then ill typically accept

nah, too much responsibility and that just sounds nerve-wracking

ideally, a lot of apparel. my wallet only allows for little to none tho haha

definitely. impulse buys ftw

yep. i got like 7 and a half stacks of Mimic Powder from notn grinding this year

i think i saw a Youtube vid about it and it looked interesting? i cant rly remember, but that seems like the most likely explanation
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX]
2zEU4.gif

You matter.
i follow every thread i make
(+1 fr time)
5INS7.gif
Sometimes, if Im feeling inspired. My lore writing activity has really slowed down in recent years though. It used to be that I would immediately write lore for a dragon the second I got them. Nowadays it's more like "oh pretty dragon" time passes. time passes. time passes. "Hey wouldn't it be cool if pretty dragon was like-"

I exalt unsold babies and fodder I buy for exalting. I usually level them to 7-9

Prefer not to. I have no control over other players who choose to do that to my dragons and I'm never gonna call them out on it, but I do consider it kinda rude, especially if I have a specific reason for listing my dragon for a lower price. That being said, I will re-sell dragons if I buy one for a project and it turns out they're related to the other dragon

first year, EXTREMELY I got my shiny star within 4 months of joining
after that it slowly dwindled. I have picked up more activity since 2019 though

I only send friend requests after a positive interaction with a person on FR and it has to be like a prolongued interaction. I absolutely will comment on profiles though to tell people how beautiful their dragons are, or if they were on the front page

sometimes I hold a storygame that has a raffle in it, but that's about it. My first two years here I would do giveaway threads for newbies because of the windows.

depends on the dragon. I would rather show off a beautiful dragon and leave them naked, or accent just the right parts with a few apparel than burying the dragon in clothes, but that being said, I have created a few fun outfits in the past

depends on my mood
I'm really good at not impulse buying tho

no

Undel's art books were a favorite among me and my friends and one of them found out she had a website and bruh as a dragon lover I instantly loved it
Sometimes, if Im feeling inspired. My lore writing activity has really slowed down in recent years though. It used to be that I would immediately write lore for a dragon the second I got them. Nowadays it's more like "oh pretty dragon" time passes. time passes. time passes. "Hey wouldn't it be cool if pretty dragon was like-"

I exalt unsold babies and fodder I buy for exalting. I usually level them to 7-9

Prefer not to. I have no control over other players who choose to do that to my dragons and I'm never gonna call them out on it, but I do consider it kinda rude, especially if I have a specific reason for listing my dragon for a lower price. That being said, I will re-sell dragons if I buy one for a project and it turns out they're related to the other dragon

first year, EXTREMELY I got my shiny star within 4 months of joining
after that it slowly dwindled. I have picked up more activity since 2019 though

I only send friend requests after a positive interaction with a person on FR and it has to be like a prolongued interaction. I absolutely will comment on profiles though to tell people how beautiful their dragons are, or if they were on the front page

sometimes I hold a storygame that has a raffle in it, but that's about it. My first two years here I would do giveaway threads for newbies because of the windows.

depends on the dragon. I would rather show off a beautiful dragon and leave them naked, or accent just the right parts with a few apparel than burying the dragon in clothes, but that being said, I have created a few fun outfits in the past

depends on my mood
I'm really good at not impulse buying tho

no

Undel's art books were a favorite among me and my friends and one of them found out she had a website and bruh as a dragon lover I instantly loved it
sfVMa01.pngMa06BNU.pngBVUXJUX.png

No, if I want lore for my dragons, I’ll pay someone else to write it.

I only exalt fodder, I level them.

Yeah, I sometimes do that, but I haven’t done it in a while

Yes, unless I’m on hiatus or something.

No

No

Depends on the dragon.

Yes

Yes

I actually found out about FR on a discord about a completely different game, I saw someone posting their dragons so I decided to check the site out and a sign up window was open so I thought ‘why not’ and joined.

No, if I want lore for my dragons, I’ll pay someone else to write it.

I only exalt fodder, I level them.

Yeah, I sometimes do that, but I haven’t done it in a while

Yes, unless I’m on hiatus or something.

No

No

Depends on the dragon.

Yes

Yes

I actually found out about FR on a discord about a completely different game, I saw someone posting their dragons so I decided to check the site out and a sign up window was open so I thought ‘why not’ and joined.
QPhiJOS.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11