Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Left handed coliseum
1 2 3
I'm right-handed but can't use smartphones with my right hand (except for the right side of the keyboard, coli and such stuff) for some reason. Coli has never been a problem on mobile though, at least not because of this. I'd still like to have a mirrored mode because hm, switching hands every now and then would mean a bit of a break for that one thumb. Using primarily my left hand on mobile coli means a break for my left thumb though but I guess not everyone does that and I use coli pretty often, sometimes for a rather long time.
I'm right-handed but can't use smartphones with my right hand (except for the right side of the keyboard, coli and such stuff) for some reason. Coli has never been a problem on mobile though, at least not because of this. I'd still like to have a mirrored mode because hm, switching hands every now and then would mean a bit of a break for that one thumb. Using primarily my left hand on mobile coli means a break for my left thumb though but I guess not everyone does that and I use coli pretty often, sometimes for a rather long time.
P(I have enough dragons)=1/9999999999999999999999999999^9999999
It's a bad obsession, it's always messing, it's always messing my lair
News about my dragons
@vihuff your laptop sounds even older than mine then!
I must say mobile is a lot more convenient as to when and where you can use it!

They invented something a long time ago called a book, people used to read them but since they come in an infiniite selection of thicknesses they are still useful these days for resting the palm of your hand on no matter the height of your laptop - you can just tell young people it's an ergonomic palm support, not sure they'd know what a book is these days ;)
@vihuff your laptop sounds even older than mine then!
I must say mobile is a lot more convenient as to when and where you can use it!

They invented something a long time ago called a book, people used to read them but since they come in an infiniite selection of thicknesses they are still useful these days for resting the palm of your hand on no matter the height of your laptop - you can just tell young people it's an ergonomic palm support, not sure they'd know what a book is these days ;)
qDkA25S.png
[quote name="HenryTheArcher" date="2020-11-18 16:07:09" ] I'm a left handed. It is not a problem for me. I don't play Flight Rising on mobile though. However, I have played Coliseum as a test how does it do on my mobile phone. [/quote] I use mobile coli and im left handed, I dont struggle.
HenryTheArcher wrote on 2020-11-18 16:07:09:
I'm a left handed. It is not a problem for me. I don't play Flight Rising on mobile though. However, I have played Coliseum as a test how does it do on my mobile phone.
I use mobile coli and im left handed, I dont struggle.
I'm left handed and don't really experience any problems. My muscle memory for the coli is solely using my left hand, with my thumb for my trackpad.
I'm left handed and don't really experience any problems. My muscle memory for the coli is solely using my left hand, with my thumb for my trackpad.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
I'm left-handed too and the Coli layout hasn't been a problem for me, but I'd support the addition of a lefty mode!
I'm left-handed too and the Coli layout hasn't been a problem for me, but I'd support the addition of a lefty mode!
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
I'm left-handed, and would be quite annoyed if I had to start using the interface mirrored from what I'm used to. I definitely wouldn't use a so-called left-handed mode.
I'm left-handed, and would be quite annoyed if I had to start using the interface mirrored from what I'm used to. I definitely wouldn't use a so-called left-handed mode.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
lefty too ayo

i usually use my left hand for coli (stuck on a tablet right now), and i kind of just rest all of my fingers along the top right side of the tablet and use my thumb for all the coli buttons. it's actually better for me, especially when i'm laying down and the kindle is on my stomach, because there's more room for my wrist to straighten out if that makes sense??

same thing when i'm sitting at the table - i slouch lean to the left and can therefore put my left elbow up to support my arm, and then because i have to reach over the whole tablet my arm fits on the table. but my right arm would be pretty much off the table entirely if i were to coli with it, because from its perspective the controls are so close to the edge of the table. that's a tired arm owie

but you know what, i'm curious if some right-handed people would like them on the left side for exactly these reasons?
lefty too ayo

i usually use my left hand for coli (stuck on a tablet right now), and i kind of just rest all of my fingers along the top right side of the tablet and use my thumb for all the coli buttons. it's actually better for me, especially when i'm laying down and the kindle is on my stomach, because there's more room for my wrist to straighten out if that makes sense??

same thing when i'm sitting at the table - i slouch lean to the left and can therefore put my left elbow up to support my arm, and then because i have to reach over the whole tablet my arm fits on the table. but my right arm would be pretty much off the table entirely if i were to coli with it, because from its perspective the controls are so close to the edge of the table. that's a tired arm owie

but you know what, i'm curious if some right-handed people would like them on the left side for exactly these reasons?
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
I am left handed! However I guess I don't have much of an opinion on this BUT it is one of those things where if it were added and I used it, I may not be able to go back to how things were before. That seems to be a recurring theme with me and apps adding left handed modes.
I am left handed! However I guess I don't have much of an opinion on this BUT it is one of those things where if it were added and I used it, I may not be able to go back to how things were before. That seems to be a recurring theme with me and apps adding left handed modes.
@CometStorm
I'm right handed and would adore being able to mirror the coli. Sometimes my right thumb gets weak or painful and I would love being able to switch it so that my left thumb does the work. If I try that now, I'm stretching/straining my left thumb across the screen to tap on the right.
@CometStorm
I'm right handed and would adore being able to mirror the coli. Sometimes my right thumb gets weak or painful and I would love being able to switch it so that my left thumb does the work. If I try that now, I'm stretching/straining my left thumb across the screen to tap on the right.
LVeJ3XV.png8KFUJHl.pngBVsqDM4.png
@vihuff

yeah, if you have to keep your hand on the left side of your device it's especially bad D: i hope your thumb's okay! my left wrist has (finally) been unhappy with me lately, i wish i could tag in my right wrist more often but it just doesn't feel right aaaa
@vihuff

yeah, if you have to keep your hand on the left side of your device it's especially bad D: i hope your thumb's okay! my left wrist has (finally) been unhappy with me lately, i wish i could tag in my right wrist more often but it just doesn't feel right aaaa
FR_Sig_LightningElektra.pngFR_Sig_BlastersBassdrive.pngStormheart.gifFR_Sig_SpaceFractal.pngFR_Sig_G1sSkyfall.png
1 2 3