Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | How has your clan lore changed?
1 2 3 4
it turned non-existent! [emoji=gaoler star size=1] edit: although on a realer note, my initial plans back when i was still starting out in arcane were basically like your usual lore -- dragons, dropped onto an unknown land, then they start messing around w/ relics and stuff like that. flash forward to today, i don't take it all that seriously as much as past me would've wanted to. the core of it all now is that my lair's full of plant-dragon amalgams. i'm yet to fully develop any actual lore, since i might just continue to base my entire theme on albums by glass animals, buuut we'll see.
it turned non-existent!

edit: although on a realer note, my initial plans back when i was still starting out in arcane were basically like your usual lore -- dragons, dropped onto an unknown land, then they start messing around w/ relics and stuff like that.

flash forward to today, i don't take it all that seriously as much as past me would've wanted to. the core of it all now is that my lair's full of plant-dragon amalgams. i'm yet to fully develop any actual lore, since i might just continue to base my entire theme on albums by glass animals, buuut we'll see.
21402.png x [ alastrcs. ]

fish around find trout
any pronouns! pts for creativity
fr+15 timezone
I had no lore while I was in Ice, mainly because I joined FR, forgot about it for a few months, came back and immediately moved to Wind.

But my original lore was basically this giant clan had a civil war, split into four sections, and were duking it out for control of the territory. Now? I purged more than half of that original clan, and now my Skydancers and Veilspun are just chilling in their small little guild running errands and causing mischief.
I had no lore while I was in Ice, mainly because I joined FR, forgot about it for a few months, came back and immediately moved to Wind.

But my original lore was basically this giant clan had a civil war, split into four sections, and were duking it out for control of the territory. Now? I purged more than half of that original clan, and now my Skydancers and Veilspun are just chilling in their small little guild running errands and causing mischief.
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!
When I first joined, my lair was a horror carnival put on by shadow dragons. I was a Shadow lair.

But then I went through some stuff, and the idea of survival and kindness in spite of hardships meant a lot more to me. So I joined plague. My clan is now a mostly mono skydancer lair consisting of both lost souls who need a home and kind-hearted mediator dragons who travel around helping other clans. It's a bone city just outside the wyrmwound, and travelers are always welcome!
When I first joined, my lair was a horror carnival put on by shadow dragons. I was a Shadow lair.

But then I went through some stuff, and the idea of survival and kindness in spite of hardships meant a lot more to me. So I joined plague. My clan is now a mostly mono skydancer lair consisting of both lost souls who need a home and kind-hearted mediator dragons who travel around helping other clans. It's a bone city just outside the wyrmwound, and travelers are always welcome!

Call me Max!
Wishlist
Lore
10ttDG2.png

P2OauAq.png
OxagJgG.png

cVPo4yi.png
72733313.png trLi2py.png
I was just gonna reply but then I started reading everyone else's ideas and now I have to comment first [quote name="@Flightstorm9" date="2020-11-14 18:42:39" ] My current lore is going to be about a quaint, Shores village neighboring a large, corrupt Kingdom, with a few dark secrets.... still a wip though sigh [/quote] This sounds so interesting!! It's a great idea, I wish you good luck! [quote name="@Lundgren" date="2020-11-14 20:39:15" ] "there are eldritch horrors and assorted chaos gays in the Starfall Isles" [/quote] *hits send tweet* ------------ My original lore was a warring-factions tribe with fights to the death whenever someone new wanted to take the clan leader position. I loved it because it was very flexible, the factions had different personalities which let me bring in some wildly different dragons bc I can't follow 1 aesthetic. The reigning leader took down her father to take the title and became more and more obsessed with the power she had as the clan grew larger. I had it so that she was slowly going crazy. She eventually believed she was a special Chosen One and Lightweaver (lore was Shadow; it was for contrast) spoke to her directly. She was bonkers :D Instead of going for a 'next chapter' I got really wishy-washy on who would lead next and who all was going to have to "die" (ie get exalted) for the coup d'état to take place. So I just...retconned most of it. I exalted my crazy lady, her sister, and a bunch of dragons I'd had since I first started FR [emoji=tundra scared size=1] Now my 'main clan' lore is basically stagnant bc I thought I could wipe their history and start over but now they just feel kinda stuck and empty. I've only been working on side-lore since. I need to either follow all the way through with my retcon by giving my main clan a new history (which could involve a location move), or write in that yes it all happened in the past and many perished and they learned their lesson now the clan has reforged with no constant fighting for leadership. I'm not sure where it's going yet. I'm too busy frollicking in the land of demi-gods and demons right now to decide.
I was just gonna reply but then I started reading everyone else's ideas and now I have to comment first

@Flightstorm9 wrote on 2020-11-14 18:42:39:
My current lore is going to be about a quaint, Shores village neighboring a large, corrupt Kingdom, with a few dark secrets....

still a wip though sigh

This sounds so interesting!! It's a great idea, I wish you good luck!

@Lundgren wrote on 2020-11-14 20:39:15:
"there are eldritch horrors and assorted chaos gays in the Starfall Isles"

*hits send tweet*

My original lore was a warring-factions tribe with fights to the death whenever someone new wanted to take the clan leader position. I loved it because it was very flexible, the factions had different personalities which let me bring in some wildly different dragons bc I can't follow 1 aesthetic. The reigning leader took down her father to take the title and became more and more obsessed with the power she had as the clan grew larger. I had it so that she was slowly going crazy. She eventually believed she was a special Chosen One and Lightweaver (lore was Shadow; it was for contrast) spoke to her directly. She was bonkers :D

Instead of going for a 'next chapter' I got really wishy-washy on who would lead next and who all was going to have to "die" (ie get exalted) for the coup d'état to take place. So I just...retconned most of it. I exalted my crazy lady, her sister, and a bunch of dragons I'd had since I first started FR

Now my 'main clan' lore is basically stagnant bc I thought I could wipe their history and start over but now they just feel kinda stuck and empty. I've only been working on side-lore since. I need to either follow all the way through with my retcon by giving my main clan a new history (which could involve a location move), or write in that yes it all happened in the past and many perished and they learned their lesson now the clan has reforged with no constant fighting for leadership.

I'm not sure where it's going yet. I'm too busy frollicking in the land of demi-gods and demons right now to decide.
She|Her - Ace - FRT(0) | Lore
g67EwfB.png
First arc: a stone-aged collective of dragons living beneath a benevolent monarch in a series of caves.

Second arc: Death and destruction wipes out the clan. Those who remain build a fort over the remains of the old clan and guard it jealously.

Third arc: many generations later, the fort has fallen into disrepair and has become the heart of a small trade-based town.

Fourth arc: The fort becomes a marketplace as the town expands into a tight-knit farming community relying on one another for trade and support.

Current arc: A small band of scavengers in Dragonhome who make their living on scrap and trade.
First arc: a stone-aged collective of dragons living beneath a benevolent monarch in a series of caves.

Second arc: Death and destruction wipes out the clan. Those who remain build a fort over the remains of the old clan and guard it jealously.

Third arc: many generations later, the fort has fallen into disrepair and has become the heart of a small trade-based town.

Fourth arc: The fort becomes a marketplace as the town expands into a tight-knit farming community relying on one another for trade and support.

Current arc: A small band of scavengers in Dragonhome who make their living on scrap and trade.
Then: narrator= Wise old mentor
Now: narrator= sarcastic blackmailer with a grudge
Then: narrator= Wise old mentor
Now: narrator= sarcastic blackmailer with a grudge
7hN3sEu.png
I wrote bios when I was a newbie in Arcane and had some simple clan lore, but made it more extensive once I switched to Nature where my clan became a trading post and tea farm. I did some creative writing for that so there was a bit of a storyline going on, but then I went on hiatus for several years and wanted to start over upon my return.

So I switched to Plague and purged my lair to replace everything with a rougher, less friendly clan on the other side of the spectrum from my old one. I did love my old clan, but I needed a fresh start with something totally different and new!
I wrote bios when I was a newbie in Arcane and had some simple clan lore, but made it more extensive once I switched to Nature where my clan became a trading post and tea farm. I did some creative writing for that so there was a bit of a storyline going on, but then I went on hiatus for several years and wanted to start over upon my return.

So I switched to Plague and purged my lair to replace everything with a rougher, less friendly clan on the other side of the spectrum from my old one. I did love my old clan, but I needed a fresh start with something totally different and new!
xxxxxxxx saccharine | she/they | fr+3
plague wildclaw enthusiast.

›› triskele nest rentals
›› avatar dragon
qTaplDI.png
For one, my much beloved long-time Lair Leader and Head Scholar went power mad before he even actually took power. His son, Eun, eventually forced him into retirement when the entire clan was on the verge of mauling him when he didn't even lift a claw to help fight an Emperor. He didn't even send for help from other clans, and my messenger had to set out on his own to try to find anyone who'd risk fighting a giant Emperor. A lot of innocent dragons died because of him, and Eun is such a gentle boy that he couldn't bring himself to even exile his father. Just made him step down and hibernate with his wife.
For one, my much beloved long-time Lair Leader and Head Scholar went power mad before he even actually took power. His son, Eun, eventually forced him into retirement when the entire clan was on the verge of mauling him when he didn't even lift a claw to help fight an Emperor. He didn't even send for help from other clans, and my messenger had to set out on his own to try to find anyone who'd risk fighting a giant Emperor. A lot of innocent dragons died because of him, and Eun is such a gentle boy that he couldn't bring himself to even exile his father. Just made him step down and hibernate with his wife.
Sturm
with a
"U"
Gay man (MlM) flag in the style of a faux FlightRising item He/It
FR Time +0
G1 Hoarder
Current Avatar
DO1.png H1sgaHX.png
i had initially never intended to write a transfer of power (i thought that my progens would be leading my clan to the end of time itself) but then i realized that the clan's roots and where it was headed weren't suited for the way my custom progen had been running the clan. so after some hardcore lore work this year, i'm working on phasing her out and phasing in her daughter (who will become my avatar once she's taken the throne).
i had initially never intended to write a transfer of power (i thought that my progens would be leading my clan to the end of time itself) but then i realized that the clan's roots and where it was headed weren't suited for the way my custom progen had been running the clan. so after some hardcore lore work this year, i'm working on phasing her out and phasing in her daughter (who will become my avatar once she's taken the throne).
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.gif Lynn/Lyon | Earth
Pacific Standard Time
she/they/he
y3NW8md.gif
it's mostly gotten more structured, and the focus has shifted from the clan as a whole to the individual orders within the clan - especially as my progens, the founders & leaders of the clan, aren't very active in leading the clan. it's not necessary, but that's why i prefer to zoom in on smaller-scale stories now.
it's mostly gotten more structured, and the focus has shifted from the clan as a whole to the individual orders within the clan - especially as my progens, the founders & leaders of the clan, aren't very active in leading the clan. it's not necessary, but that's why i prefer to zoom in on smaller-scale stories now.
bkxiiMw.png MlJMkHy.gif bkxiiMw.png bkxiiMw.png
hi! i'm meteor.
check out some of my projects? → or the coliseum bounty npc suggestion!

» the bestiary outfit project
» cross-flight outfit project
» 100x100 bio icons
» accent shop
1 2 3 4