Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Me and my horrid memory
1 2 3 4
I generally remember someone's username, if someone changes their username I won't know who they are even if they haven't changed their profile dragon...
I generally remember someone's username, if someone changes their username I won't know who they are even if they haven't changed their profile dragon...
i do that to an extent too, but i don't strictly remember people for their avatar/vista, i remember names pretty well! but it does always catch me off guard when they change because it takes me a moment to recognize them lol

i'm definitely a person that likes to keep the same avatar/vista for my own personal interest and aesthetic so i'm glad it helps in theory at least!
i do that to an extent too, but i don't strictly remember people for their avatar/vista, i remember names pretty well! but it does always catch me off guard when they change because it takes me a moment to recognize them lol

i'm definitely a person that likes to keep the same avatar/vista for my own personal interest and aesthetic so i'm glad it helps in theory at least!
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
You could say your memory is... [b][i][size=4]d e c a y i n g.[/i][/b] [emoji=nocturne winking size=2] Though really, I don't browse this site enough to memorize people in specific.
You could say your memory is...

d e c a y i n g.

Though really, I don't browse this site enough to memorize people in specific.
goSc2L4.png
[quote name="Quid" date="2020-09-30 22:32:33" ] [about prosopagnosia] Even if it doesn't count in your case, I think it's worth mentioning for anyone else who might be browsing this thread and wondering a similar thing. [/quote] @Quid Have you heard whether prosopagnosia is commonly linked with difficulty recognising places? I do have some level of prosopagnosia - not for people I see regularly, but I'm often not sure whether someone I'm looking at is the same person I've seen a couple of times before. And there's been more than one occasion when I've assumed that two people I see both in the same context are the *same* person until something happens to tell me otherwise. And I *never* recognise an actor as being the same person who was in that other show/movie, unless they look exactly the same in both roles. But that doesn't cause me much inconvenience or embarrassment. The thing that does is that I have no idea what anywhere looks like, except places I've been to a lot. I can get lost merely by turning in a direction that then means I'm viewing the place from a different angle. There's an online game I've been playing for 15 years that I still can't navigate in if North isn't at the top of the screen. Do you have any idea whether that's linked with prosopagnosia? ---- With names, though, I'm good. I do link up people's user names with their avatar etc., but if you change your pic without changing your name, I'll normally notice it's still you. Whereas, if you change your name without changing your pic, I may not notice that this is the same pic Previous Name used, unless it was extremely striking. So then I won't know it's you.
Quid wrote on 2020-09-30 22:32:33:
[about prosopagnosia]

Even if it doesn't count in your case, I think it's worth mentioning for anyone else who might be browsing this thread and wondering a similar thing.

@Quid Have you heard whether prosopagnosia is commonly linked with difficulty recognising places?

I do have some level of prosopagnosia - not for people I see regularly, but I'm often not sure whether someone I'm looking at is the same person I've seen a couple of times before. And there's been more than one occasion when I've assumed that two people I see both in the same context are the *same* person until something happens to tell me otherwise. And I *never* recognise an actor as being the same person who was in that other show/movie, unless they look exactly the same in both roles.

But that doesn't cause me much inconvenience or embarrassment. The thing that does is that I have no idea what anywhere looks like, except places I've been to a lot. I can get lost merely by turning in a direction that then means I'm viewing the place from a different angle. There's an online game I've been playing for 15 years that I still can't navigate in if North isn't at the top of the screen.

Do you have any idea whether that's linked with prosopagnosia?

----

With names, though, I'm good. I do link up people's user names with their avatar etc., but if you change your pic without changing your name, I'll normally notice it's still you. Whereas, if you change your name without changing your pic, I may not notice that this is the same pic Previous Name used, unless it was extremely striking. So then I won't know it's you.
tumblr_inline_nhxp29cBNA1qcphlu.png
Buying an additional apparel slot
unlocks it for ALL your dragons,
not just one!
I don't remember usernames, but i keep remembering user's avatars and vista combos so when they are changed I feel the same way lmao. Suddenly it's somebody else
I don't remember usernames, but i keep remembering user's avatars and vista combos so when they are changed I feel the same way lmao. Suddenly it's somebody else
Rusted Crown
[quote name="LuminAgricola" date="2020-10-01 01:19:08" ] Have you heard whether prosopagnosia is commonly linked with difficulty recognising places? [/quote] @LuminAgricola For some people, yes! [url=https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2010/08/30/face-blind]Here[/url] is an article written by someone with prospagnosia who also has difficulty with locations. It really depends on the kind of proposgnosia you have. Researchers have found variation in both severity and what is affected (facial recognition, facial memory, non-face objects) but they're still working on why and how it differs. It's not the case for everyone - I personally have no issues - but it's common enough that there's a good chance that both may be linked in your case.
LuminAgricola wrote on 2020-10-01 01:19:08:
Have you heard whether prosopagnosia is commonly linked with difficulty recognising places?

@LuminAgricola For some people, yes! Here is an article written by someone with prospagnosia who also has difficulty with locations. It really depends on the kind of proposgnosia you have. Researchers have found variation in both severity and what is affected (facial recognition, facial memory, non-face objects) but they're still working on why and how it differs.

It's not the case for everyone - I personally have no issues - but it's common enough that there's a good chance that both may be linked in your case.
Usernames and signatures is what I usually remember. I know people tend to change their vistas/avatar dragons fairly often, especially during festivals, but, yeah, things can get confusing for anyone ;w;
Usernames and signatures is what I usually remember. I know people tend to change their vistas/avatar dragons fairly often, especially during festivals, but, yeah, things can get confusing for anyone ;w;
6655fe4067bf8ca45637cdd30867f01d0c1e2466.png
Same. It really confuses me unless they post in the forums that 'hey, im changing my name!', or 'new avatar/sig, wanted to show it off!' but sometimes I can tell by their posts alone.

I've kept my avatar the same for 2 years, even though I changed my username a while ago, but up until recently I kept my old UN in my signature juuuust in case someone didnt recognise me.
Same. It really confuses me unless they post in the forums that 'hey, im changing my name!', or 'new avatar/sig, wanted to show it off!' but sometimes I can tell by their posts alone.

I've kept my avatar the same for 2 years, even though I changed my username a while ago, but up until recently I kept my old UN in my signature juuuust in case someone didnt recognise me.
6f240e0b704e02ff9014958a307cf049.jpg
*changes avatar*
*changes avatar*
dayvxna-213c362e-7ebe-4009-a350-30adac498168.png
Dnqps2i.pngHJLIYn4.png
he - him || it isn't lucifer, it's lucifUr, with an U. || FR + 4
art shop
I tend to remember people by forum signature more than name

like I changed mine and now when I scroll through the forums I can't remember if I posted on it or not since my FR Survey button is gone
I tend to remember people by forum signature more than name

like I changed mine and now when I scroll through the forums I can't remember if I posted on it or not since my FR Survey button is gone
n9sEhSB.png you can call me Qwil
there is no U anywhere in my username
nej6cGW.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
8GgdVkW.png
1 2 3 4