Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | To Fodder Breeders
1 2 3 4
How many breeding pairs do you have and what rarity/cooldowns are they on?

You do breed for speed or for pretties even with fodder?

All my breeders/fodder pairs are in my Nest tab, so I'm just wondering if I should get more or not. :p I think I have enough?
How many breeding pairs do you have and what rarity/cooldowns are they on?

You do breed for speed or for pretties even with fodder?

All my breeders/fodder pairs are in my Nest tab, so I'm just wondering if I should get more or not. :p I think I have enough?
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | They/them | 3+ FR Time | Student
Only dragons from tabs marked with
"forum game friendly", should be picked for forum games!
Seeking...
Skin: wandering independence
Please PM!
I basically have it to where I can have a pair nest everyday, so I'm hatching everyday. However, depending on how much space you want to dedicate to breeding dragons, you can have any combination of breeds as long as you end up with a pair ready everyday.
I basically have it to where I can have a pair nest everyday, so I'm hatching everyday. However, depending on how much space you want to dedicate to breeding dragons, you can have any combination of breeds as long as you end up with a pair ready everyday.
E2amngG.png04n5rQx.png8th6mfc.pngtPW2xgo.pngarOGchX.png
I regularly get new pairs, and sometimes I'll just buy RTB fodder of any breed, but usually it's 15 pairs / 30 dragons that are all plentiful breeds. There is probably a more efficient way to do it but this means I always have dragons either incubating nests or ready to breed.
I regularly get new pairs, and sometimes I'll just buy RTB fodder of any breed, but usually it's 15 pairs / 30 dragons that are all plentiful breeds. There is probably a more efficient way to do it but this means I always have dragons either incubating nests or ready to breed.
a stylized dayjar - restore hoardsold items.
- maki's festival guide & event calendar.
- uncheck "hoard... while scrolling" to unsticky your hoard.
- buying an apparel slot for a dragon unlocks it for all of your dragons.
I don't do fodder breeding so much myself any more, but here's most of the pairs I had running:
https://www1.flightrising.com/den/358433/1266453/4?name=&type=undefined

My goal was to always have a new nest every day; hatch a nest and immediately be able to fill it. Cooldowns were all in sync and I'd thrown in a random pair to sell for more than fodder prices, given people were interested in the outcomes at the time.

I supposed I bred for speed; I wanted as many as I could. All normal pairs were common breeds for the fastest results. Sometimes they produced nice outcomes or "pretties" as people call it, but in reality I was actually trying to get random rare combinations. I had a growing collection of 1/1 in Existence Dragons, but it grew a little boring quick seeing as I really had no connection to those Dragons. I just wanted to play the system and get as many as I could randomly. I eventually gave that up and put the effort toward getting specific combinations for people through a Breeding Project Service, so at least I'm doing something with my time and effort.

I only have a few pairs now. Most are project related pairs, one or two is fodder and another is for my own desire.

If you want to be a fodder breeder, I think that's a good start, but if you can max it to where you have more every single day, it would only increase your income. You could also try working out a deal with a host and have them breed fodder for you as well. I struck a deal with a friend of mine, so I always have fodder coming in, on top of both my own fodder and any undesired hatchlings from project nest attempts. Just always, always be sure to have the space for them and make sure to file some out here and there. If you watch the AH, you can also make quick cash when fodder prices rise.
I don't do fodder breeding so much myself any more, but here's most of the pairs I had running:
https://www1.flightrising.com/den/358433/1266453/4?name=&type=undefined

My goal was to always have a new nest every day; hatch a nest and immediately be able to fill it. Cooldowns were all in sync and I'd thrown in a random pair to sell for more than fodder prices, given people were interested in the outcomes at the time.

I supposed I bred for speed; I wanted as many as I could. All normal pairs were common breeds for the fastest results. Sometimes they produced nice outcomes or "pretties" as people call it, but in reality I was actually trying to get random rare combinations. I had a growing collection of 1/1 in Existence Dragons, but it grew a little boring quick seeing as I really had no connection to those Dragons. I just wanted to play the system and get as many as I could randomly. I eventually gave that up and put the effort toward getting specific combinations for people through a Breeding Project Service, so at least I'm doing something with my time and effort.

I only have a few pairs now. Most are project related pairs, one or two is fodder and another is for my own desire.

If you want to be a fodder breeder, I think that's a good start, but if you can max it to where you have more every single day, it would only increase your income. You could also try working out a deal with a host and have them breed fodder for you as well. I struck a deal with a friend of mine, so I always have fodder coming in, on top of both my own fodder and any undesired hatchlings from project nest attempts. Just always, always be sure to have the space for them and make sure to file some out here and there. If you watch the AH, you can also make quick cash when fodder prices rise.
I have so many projects that I can't spare nests specifically for fodder, but whatever "fail" babies I get are designated for fodder. Which works out great, even if it's not purposeful fodder breeding. My nests are always occupied, and I try to only keep a male and female from each nest to continue the generation (if that works out, then the parents are exalted). If the nest is a total bust, then all of the babies are fodder.

Back when I had enough nest space for fodder pairs, I used plentiful breeds, and always paired different breeds together for the chance at a 5 egg nest.
I have so many projects that I can't spare nests specifically for fodder, but whatever "fail" babies I get are designated for fodder. Which works out great, even if it's not purposeful fodder breeding. My nests are always occupied, and I try to only keep a male and female from each nest to continue the generation (if that works out, then the parents are exalted). If the nest is a total bust, then all of the babies are fodder.

Back when I had enough nest space for fodder pairs, I used plentiful breeds, and always paired different breeds together for the chance at a 5 egg nest.
I don't really count myself as a fodder breeder...I'm just trying to breed a primal for the novelty of it. Right now I'm buying rtb dragons (breeds I personally like), genes that I like/love and breeding them when the nest hatches I exalt and buy new pairs till I get a nice primal.
I don't really count myself as a fodder breeder...I'm just trying to breed a primal for the novelty of it. Right now I'm buying rtb dragons (breeds I personally like), genes that I like/love and breeding them when the nest hatches I exalt and buy new pairs till I get a nice primal.
Oracle/tarot readings
Lgbtqia+ podcast recs
I breed my own fodder, so I pretty much just use breeding projects/dragons I want to breed for other reasons and then round that out with some plentiful/plentiful pairs so that I have some dragons to work with in between the longer cooldowns. Seems to work out well enough for me! I cycle out breeding pairs when I get bored with them and their offspring or when I succeed at a breeding project, but that's just because I like new shinies.
I breed my own fodder, so I pretty much just use breeding projects/dragons I want to breed for other reasons and then round that out with some plentiful/plentiful pairs so that I have some dragons to work with in between the longer cooldowns. Seems to work out well enough for me! I cycle out breeding pairs when I get bored with them and their offspring or when I succeed at a breeding project, but that's just because I like new shinies.
I used to grab RTB fodder, breed it, then yeet the adults and den the babies. I'm trying to get some perma pairs going now. I will try to have similar breed rarity, but we'll see. I'll get as many as I need to keep 5 nests full at all times.
I used to grab RTB fodder, breed it, then yeet the adults and den the babies. I'm trying to get some perma pairs going now. I will try to have similar breed rarity, but we'll see. I'll get as many as I need to keep 5 nests full at all times.
.~.~*~.~.
~* SCB *~
* accent *
~*shop*~
.~.~*~.~.

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *

___* BUY *
-_-JRZc9fI.png
I just buy RTB dragons off the AH, breed them, hatch the nests, and then exalt the parents (and the hatchlings once they can be leveled)
I just buy RTB dragons off the AH, breed them, hatch the nests, and then exalt the parents (and the hatchlings once they can be leveled)
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
i breed my pretties for fodder, but offer up the hatchlings in wind discord. if i ever get a primal, then ill sell em for a hot dollar c: . hatched a multi once, and got a pretty gem off of her.
in summary: rare eyes, special dates: selling
anything else: x ting
i breed my pretties for fodder, but offer up the hatchlings in wind discord. if i ever get a primal, then ill sell em for a hot dollar c: . hatched a multi once, and got a pretty gem off of her.
in summary: rare eyes, special dates: selling
anything else: x ting

____babab__aebe_
Vista: Bisexual Ribbon Vista: Genderfluid Ribbon
1 2 3 4