Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Lore] Dragon Cuisine by Flight
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
This is really interesting!!! But, if I may, I have some thoughts on shadow cuisine actually. ^^

Seeing as the Shadowbinder's domain is a massive and sprawling cedar swamp, a lot of the dishes found here are somewhat unusual and a bit disturbing to those not from the region. The most famous of their dishes however is Moonglow Syrup, which is produced by the Moonglow Cypress Trees in the region. It has a cloyingly sweet taste to it, with a hint of something unidentifiable. Mushrooms are also used as garnish for the region's sweetened smoked tortoise and alligator, although mushrooms skewered alongside various insects are also enjoyed just as frequently. Soups are also a huge favorite for the dragons of the region, with each clan specializing in their own unique, yet dubious, brew.
This is really interesting!!! But, if I may, I have some thoughts on shadow cuisine actually. ^^

Seeing as the Shadowbinder's domain is a massive and sprawling cedar swamp, a lot of the dishes found here are somewhat unusual and a bit disturbing to those not from the region. The most famous of their dishes however is Moonglow Syrup, which is produced by the Moonglow Cypress Trees in the region. It has a cloyingly sweet taste to it, with a hint of something unidentifiable. Mushrooms are also used as garnish for the region's sweetened smoked tortoise and alligator, although mushrooms skewered alongside various insects are also enjoyed just as frequently. Soups are also a huge favorite for the dragons of the region, with each clan specializing in their own unique, yet dubious, brew.
I have a slight idea what might come out of the ice flight ICECREAM but I fear whatever the arcane flight eats. As a plagueling, I would never put something in my mouth from there willingly. Maybe.
I have a slight idea what might come out of the ice flight ICECREAM but I fear whatever the arcane flight eats. As a plagueling, I would never put something in my mouth from there willingly. Maybe.
IfCmPpP.png
[quote name="CaptainSnowblack" date="2020-10-10 13:14:40" ] I have a slight idea what might come out of the ice flight ICECREAM but I fear whatever the arcane flight eats. As a plagueling, I would never put something in my mouth from there willingly. Maybe. [/quote] Seconded- nothing against Arcane but I'm willing to bet that wildlife there is way more magic infused than anywhere else- so the cuisine could be just as volatile. And no doubt *very* experimental. I like to try new foods, but not when I'm worried it might lead to an explosion...but man it probably all looks super pretty. And flavorful. And- oh no now I want to try arcane food help
CaptainSnowblack wrote on 2020-10-10 13:14:40:
Seconded- nothing against Arcane but I'm willing to bet that wildlife there is way more magic infused than anywhere else- so the cuisine could be just as volatile. And no doubt *very* experimental.
I like to try new foods, but not when I'm worried it might lead to an explosion...but man it probably all looks super pretty. And flavorful. And- oh no now I want to try arcane food help
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Old Artblog
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Artfight
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandomstuck OCs
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Outdated Wishlist
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Fandragons
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Credit!
|
|
|
|
@ me with a zero
not an o!
This is a cool thread! Kind of reminds me of the "Sornieth Guacamole" thread.

(Link to mentioned thread) :https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2436111#post_2436111
This is a cool thread! Kind of reminds me of the "Sornieth Guacamole" thread.

(Link to mentioned thread) :https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2436111#post_2436111
For me, every day is World Kindness Day. b59f9d9c-60d2-11eb-95e1-814ec59a413c.gifa663c882-026b-11eb-9626-db1f1f278684.gif
I love this thread....
Same hat with plague and fermentation.

Some other headcanons based on already existing headcanons I have:
(entirely Plague bc thats home bby)

-Fermentation is all well and good, but since everything goes off so easily in Plague due to the feverish heat and the many, many diseases, the flight has had to find ways to keep food from actually spoiling and causing food poisoning.

One of these is using salt from the Scarred Wasteland's tear ducts.
They provoke the tear ducts by attacking the eye(s), collect the tears in buckets and let the water evaporate until only salt remains, then use it to preserve things like meat and fish.
Of course, this is also the way Plague dragons collect fresh water.
I imagine Fire invented glass, but migrating Fire dragons who ended up in Plague used the glassmaking technique to make devices that catch evaporated water.

Native Plague dragons eventually picked this up, and it's commonplace to this day.

Oh yeah, I also picture that Plague dragons have a.....very unusual sense of taste.
Most dragons of other flights would find what they eat absolutely disgusting,
but out of a need for survival by any means necessary, Plague dragons developed a taste for bitter and overly salty things.
Plague dragons also appreciate fatty foods, like butter and lard, as these things are very useful for survival, and are very rare in the wastelands.
Usually only dragons of high ranking or dragons that travel a lot tend to have access to these foods.

Because of the constant selection pressure, Plague dragons have very slow metabolisms, in order to conserve as much energy from food as possible.

Plaguelings that migrate outside of their homeland tend to put on weight quite easily, as they're more likely to find larger quantities of readily available food, and there's much less survival pressure, so they don't tend to lose as much weight from fighting off diseases and such.
I love this thread....
Same hat with plague and fermentation.

Some other headcanons based on already existing headcanons I have:
(entirely Plague bc thats home bby)

-Fermentation is all well and good, but since everything goes off so easily in Plague due to the feverish heat and the many, many diseases, the flight has had to find ways to keep food from actually spoiling and causing food poisoning.

One of these is using salt from the Scarred Wasteland's tear ducts.
They provoke the tear ducts by attacking the eye(s), collect the tears in buckets and let the water evaporate until only salt remains, then use it to preserve things like meat and fish.
Of course, this is also the way Plague dragons collect fresh water.
I imagine Fire invented glass, but migrating Fire dragons who ended up in Plague used the glassmaking technique to make devices that catch evaporated water.

Native Plague dragons eventually picked this up, and it's commonplace to this day.

Oh yeah, I also picture that Plague dragons have a.....very unusual sense of taste.
Most dragons of other flights would find what they eat absolutely disgusting,
but out of a need for survival by any means necessary, Plague dragons developed a taste for bitter and overly salty things.
Plague dragons also appreciate fatty foods, like butter and lard, as these things are very useful for survival, and are very rare in the wastelands.
Usually only dragons of high ranking or dragons that travel a lot tend to have access to these foods.

Because of the constant selection pressure, Plague dragons have very slow metabolisms, in order to conserve as much energy from food as possible.

Plaguelings that migrate outside of their homeland tend to put on weight quite easily, as they're more likely to find larger quantities of readily available food, and there's much less survival pressure, so they don't tend to lose as much weight from fighting off diseases and such.
♦ THE CHROMASLICK PUS DYNASTY ♦
div2.png

♦ Tofu
♦ He/Him
♦ FR +16
I really like the idea of the Shadows inventing fried food. I imagine we have a lot of stews here, especially involving cattails, but can't really back this up with anything.
I really like the idea of the Shadows inventing fried food. I imagine we have a lot of stews here, especially involving cattails, but can't really back this up with anything.
She/Her. On a semi-hiatus.
Wy0IOy1.png
[quote name="ShadowWas" date="2020-09-22 18:28:03" ] ------- [emoji=plague rune size=1][b]Plague[/b] FERMENTATION. You'd think these dragons would be all about raw food because SURVIVAL, but what could possibly be more pleasing to Plaguebringer than using microbes to make rotting dead stuff tastier? If actual dairy exists in Sornieth, which is debatable, then Plague flight definitely would have been the first to discover yoghurt, and if alcohol exists in Sornieth, then Plague flight discovered beer. [/quote] Dairy is totally a thing! Crunch moth legs are great with milk. [Item=crunchy moth legs]. Strawberries and cream are a delight. [item=strawberry]
ShadowWas wrote on 2020-09-22 18:28:03:

Plague
FERMENTATION. You'd think these dragons would be all about raw food because SURVIVAL, but what could possibly be more pleasing to Plaguebringer than using microbes to make rotting dead stuff tastier? If actual dairy exists in Sornieth, which is debatable, then Plague flight definitely would have been the first to discover yoghurt, and if alcohol exists in Sornieth, then Plague flight discovered beer.
Dairy is totally a thing! Crunch moth legs are great with milk. Crunchy Moth Legs . Strawberries and cream are a delight. Strawberry
Y02PS6v.png
Are there any traditional dairy livestock/animals in FR aside from goats? Edit to add: Plague would make some incredible cheeses, especially the moldy ones like blue cheese and brie and whatnot (I don't know all that much about cheese but a lot of them are just extremely specific molds). I imagine they'd also make kefir and sourcream [emoji=banescale tongue size=1]. Hmm. Plague cuisine doesn't sound all that horrifying anymore...
Are there any traditional dairy livestock/animals in FR aside from goats?

Edit to add: Plague would make some incredible cheeses, especially the moldy ones like blue cheese and brie and whatnot (I don't know all that much about cheese but a lot of them are just extremely specific molds). I imagine they'd also make kefir and sourcream . Hmm. Plague cuisine doesn't sound all that horrifying anymore...
3pqI1pH.pngvbbxBX.pngvbbljG.png
[quote name="Lyel" date="2020-10-12 05:53:20" ] Are there any traditional dairy livestock/animals in FR aside from goats? [/quote] I think they are going to add sheep, there was a captain contest a while back.
Lyel wrote on 2020-10-12 05:53:20:
Are there any traditional dairy livestock/animals in FR aside from goats?
I think they are going to add sheep, there was a captain contest a while back.
Y02PS6v.png
Goat and sheep milk, hm. I know they're great for cheese but I've never tried to drink either one
Goat and sheep milk, hm. I know they're great for cheese but I've never tried to drink either one
3pqI1pH.pngvbbxBX.pngvbbljG.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7