Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [Lore] Dragon Cuisine by Flight
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
[quote name="UserOfShadows" date="2020-09-23 02:00:57" ] Don't you dare let me stop you, but I figured I might write something for Shadow as well seeing as it's been my home flight for almost six years. I might have a bit of an odd take on it! I imagine that, over the years, Shadow flight quisine has developed quite differently compared to most other flights. Festivals and carnivals are commonplace in the Tangled Wood, and their food has grown to match. Shadow was among the first to develop truly fried foods- the goo-like tree sap in the region makes a unique and flavorful cooking oil, and dragons have learned to dip all sorts of foods into vats of the stuff to be cooked over a high flame. While not exactly nutritious in the best of ways, fried meats and breads are frequent finds here as they give a quick energy boost to festival-goers, entranced by the taste. Some species of mushroom have been found to have a sugar-like taste when powdered, and are often sprinkled over these delicacies- every carnival stall has their own homemade recipe, often spanning generations. Closer to the Sea of a Thousand Currents, fried fish is common, often served with leftover batter as an extra crunch. In the deepest wooded areas, insectivores have their own recipes mixing different saps and bug shells to make fun and wildly colorful dishes, which may sometimes look unappetizing but always taste far better than you'd expect. Most ordinary plant foods don't grow very well here- so imports of things such as potatoes are rather common as well, and Shadow dragons fry it up all the same. In the unfortunate event where frying is not an option, or if a dragon is tired of the addictive taste, many dragons will resort to raw food sprinkled in mushroom dust. Most go after small game such as the common ravens or perhaps rabbits, often eaten in bulk. Big game is a delicacy here, and only the most traditional of hunters can still track the best of the best. (Which is still always tastier when fried.) [/quote] I just found this thread, but this is perfect. My lair is deep in the bayous between the Tangled Wood and the Scarred Wasteland (don’t look at the map, just trust me it’s there!), so all of the fried food is heavily seasoned with naturally preservative hot spices from Plague lands. The clan’s Faes also make a delicious cockroach gumbo (or so they say), and the omnivores make a fantastic boudin for variety.
UserOfShadows wrote on 2020-09-23 02:00:57:
Don't you dare let me stop you, but I figured I might write something for Shadow as well seeing as it's been my home flight for almost six years. I might have a bit of an odd take on it!

I imagine that, over the years, Shadow flight quisine has developed quite differently compared to most other flights. Festivals and carnivals are commonplace in the Tangled Wood, and their food has grown to match. Shadow was among the first to develop truly fried foods- the goo-like tree sap in the region makes a unique and flavorful cooking oil, and dragons have learned to dip all sorts of foods into vats of the stuff to be cooked over a high flame. While not exactly nutritious in the best of ways, fried meats and breads are frequent finds here as they give a quick energy boost to festival-goers, entranced by the taste. Some species of mushroom have been found to have a sugar-like taste when powdered, and are often sprinkled over these delicacies- every carnival stall has their own homemade recipe, often spanning generations. Closer to the Sea of a Thousand Currents, fried fish is common, often served with leftover batter as an extra crunch. In the deepest wooded areas, insectivores have their own recipes mixing different saps and bug shells to make fun and wildly colorful dishes, which may sometimes look unappetizing but always taste far better than you'd expect. Most ordinary plant foods don't grow very well here- so imports of things such as potatoes are rather common as well, and Shadow dragons fry it up all the same.

In the unfortunate event where frying is not an option, or if a dragon is tired of the addictive taste, many dragons will resort to raw food sprinkled in mushroom dust. Most go after small game such as the common ravens or perhaps rabbits, often eaten in bulk. Big game is a delicacy here, and only the most traditional of hunters can still track the best of the best. (Which is still always tastier when fried.)

I just found this thread, but this is perfect. My lair is deep in the bayous between the Tangled Wood and the Scarred Wasteland (don’t look at the map, just trust me it’s there!), so all of the fried food is heavily seasoned with naturally preservative hot spices from Plague lands. The clan’s Faes also make a delicious cockroach gumbo (or so they say), and the omnivores make a fantastic boudin for variety.
D17BJbU.jpgyzvRydr.png
After a long absence, I added Ice Flight!
After a long absence, I added Ice Flight!
Do you like familiar matching~? Come check it out.
boo.pngBoolean.png
Yes for ice cream! I love how much thought you put into each, and how you fold in the canonlore.
Yes for ice cream! I love how much thought you put into each, and how you fold in the canonlore.
Y02PS6v.png
Fire eats fish
Fire eats fish
jGVQbew.png Glimmer
Previously QuirkyJunimo
FR +3
Wishlist
oxDm2Un.png
CB1A5LI.png
xtBKBx8.png
mlHpBMC.png
fD64ZUR.png
7gibfJe.png
ZwbGqUa.png
luMBIla.png
lAvpyOQ.png
5vnsOgE.png
lB92wkt.png
WKH2C9p.png
co3WWXY.png 4SVfFPD.png
40QQWBU.png
hX7nLTH.gif
If it helps anyone, my Wind clan's delicacy is bamboo sticks stuffed with whatever suits the dragon who's eating the sticks- most often some kind of smoked or charred meat. I figured berries would also work too.
If it helps anyone, my Wind clan's delicacy is bamboo sticks stuffed with whatever suits the dragon who's eating the sticks- most often some kind of smoked or charred meat. I figured berries would also work too.
PphCb2h.png0KJLkHj.pngqFbe5lO.png
Arcane definitely survives purely off sugar & caffeine with 3AM Taco Bell runs. Vegetable WHO?
Arcane definitely survives purely off sugar & caffeine with 3AM Taco Bell runs. Vegetable WHO?
YdXahFO.gif
melly | clan spellsong | fr+3 | 30 | she/her
Updated with Shadow! I love everyone else's ideas, too!
Updated with Shadow! I love everyone else's ideas, too!
Do you like familiar matching~? Come check it out.
boo.pngBoolean.png
shadow makes meat pineapples confirmed
shadow makes meat pineapples confirmed
wofr_by_epicdragon99-da5ra91.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7