Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Horror lairs that aren't Plague
1 2 3 4 5 6
Everyone talks about the whole idea in water that there's "monsterous creatures hidden in the depths" however I have a different facet of that idea in my lore.

For the most part, the water silences you. You can't scream, you can't cry out for help. Any attempt to do so will simply fill your lungs with more water and quicken your demise. Now pair this with the hidden monsters lurking in the depths, and you have a situation where many will find themselves instilled with paranoia and terror.

Combine that with the fact that almost everybody hates complete silence and darkness, we can't stand it because it sends our sensory devices out of control. In the depths, there is nothing but you, the abyss, and whatever may be hiding just behind that veil of darkness. There is a possibility that nothing is there at all, but would you be willing to take that chance?

Water isn't scary because of what is there, it's scary because of what isn't.

I'm so sorry that you had to read that. I'm tired and my brain was like "hee hoo watur time"
Everyone talks about the whole idea in water that there's "monsterous creatures hidden in the depths" however I have a different facet of that idea in my lore.

For the most part, the water silences you. You can't scream, you can't cry out for help. Any attempt to do so will simply fill your lungs with more water and quicken your demise. Now pair this with the hidden monsters lurking in the depths, and you have a situation where many will find themselves instilled with paranoia and terror.

Combine that with the fact that almost everybody hates complete silence and darkness, we can't stand it because it sends our sensory devices out of control. In the depths, there is nothing but you, the abyss, and whatever may be hiding just behind that veil of darkness. There is a possibility that nothing is there at all, but would you be willing to take that chance?

Water isn't scary because of what is there, it's scary because of what isn't.

I'm so sorry that you had to read that. I'm tired and my brain was like "hee hoo watur time"
larvesta.gifvolcarona.giflarvesta.gifvolcarona.gif -
1 2 3 4 5 6