Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Horror lairs that aren't Plague
1 2 3 4 5 6
Well, my lair's lore will be a combination of Eldritch, Lovecraft and Cosmic Horror after I'm done doing a revamp. Thanks to the Forbidden Portal, I finally got an nice idea for lore.
Well, my lair's lore will be a combination of Eldritch, Lovecraft and Cosmic Horror after I'm done doing a revamp. Thanks to the Forbidden Portal, I finally got an nice idea for lore.
a ton of earth people have horror lairs too, but the problem is that fr's content filters are so restrictive that you basically can't get away with having anything more than domestic fluff oneshots in your dragon's actual bios, so anyone who wants to have any real conflict or story hosts it entirely offsite
a ton of earth people have horror lairs too, but the problem is that fr's content filters are so restrictive that you basically can't get away with having anything more than domestic fluff oneshots in your dragon's actual bios, so anyone who wants to have any real conflict or story hosts it entirely offsite
ImLwTCX.png My Dragon Search Thread
I feel like plague, shadow, Earth, ice, Arcane, and light’s lore have the most ‘horror’ elements to it, but tbh I want to see what a wind-themed horror lair would be like
I feel like plague, shadow, Earth, ice, Arcane, and light’s lore have the most ‘horror’ elements to it, but tbh I want to see what a wind-themed horror lair would be like
HX0RiC0.png
My lair is Ice and kind of horror-themed! Lots of bone worship and imprisonment. A little bit of cultiness. I sprinkle it about.
My lair is Ice and kind of horror-themed! Lots of bone worship and imprisonment. A little bit of cultiness. I sprinkle it about.
VfJfrBs.jpeg
I can't remember username, but i do remember one time i got fodder from a horror themed shadow lair when i had a cool fodder so i was curious about the parents colour ranges...

My lair used to be very horror themed when i was in the nature flight, but funnily enough i am now both in plague and the only remnants of horror left are a couple of OC based dragons in my hib den lol.

I remember a light horror lair that i saw recently (past few days) too - all around various horror themes FR already goes into on the light flight and more. Not that i can remember how/why i found the lair, and especially not who it was.
I can't remember username, but i do remember one time i got fodder from a horror themed shadow lair when i had a cool fodder so i was curious about the parents colour ranges...

My lair used to be very horror themed when i was in the nature flight, but funnily enough i am now both in plague and the only remnants of horror left are a couple of OC based dragons in my hib den lol.

I remember a light horror lair that i saw recently (past few days) too - all around various horror themes FR already goes into on the light flight and more. Not that i can remember how/why i found the lair, and especially not who it was.
@Ragnarok42
Uh, I have seen a many of stories here that definitely go the deep end when it comes to their plot/lore, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
@Ragnarok42
Uh, I have seen a many of stories here that definitely go the deep end when it comes to their plot/lore, so I'm not sure what you're talking about.
Mine is kinda horror ish? Its based around blood at least ^^"
Mine is kinda horror ish? Its based around blood at least ^^"
Just as a helpful hint when pinging me, there is no extra I in my name ^^
fjv5Fbi.gifWHUTaoR.gif
I know we've definitely seen a couple arcane magical horror lairs, a few ice horror lairs, and maybe one or two light horror lairs.
I know we've definitely seen a couple arcane magical horror lairs, a few ice horror lairs, and maybe one or two light horror lairs.
Back when I was in Shadow, my clan was unnecessarily edgy and very much horror based. Even when I moved to Light, it retained the horror vibe to a lesser extent. My move to Earth got rid of the horror aspect entirely, but there's definitely potential for it in every flight.

The only flight that might be a bit difficult to spin a proper horror story to would be Wind, but there's always the Twisting Crescendo to work with I suppose.
Back when I was in Shadow, my clan was unnecessarily edgy and very much horror based. Even when I moved to Light, it retained the horror vibe to a lesser extent. My move to Earth got rid of the horror aspect entirely, but there's definitely potential for it in every flight.

The only flight that might be a bit difficult to spin a proper horror story to would be Wind, but there's always the Twisting Crescendo to work with I suppose.
u94F7n8.png x x FObX7rS.png Pladge16.png
Ice is a great flight for horror themes! Dangerously cold, largely isolated, long nights and an ancient fortress filled with preserved horrors from throughout Sornieth's history? That's just the surface of what you can do :3

The starting premise of my lore is what happens when some of those monstrosities get loose, but I also like to think about the harsh realities of survival in such extreme conditions. E.g. I have a subspecies that are resurrected 'golems' (I am considering changing the name with retrospect and further knowledge on golems though). They are able to be resurrected because when they passed away, their bodies were frozen so quickly by the Icefields' more extreme conditions that their magic was trapped inside. Mixed with the right external energies, it's the right recipie for organic necromancy. (edit: I meant natural but now I can't stop thinking about wholefoods necromancy)
Ice is a great flight for horror themes! Dangerously cold, largely isolated, long nights and an ancient fortress filled with preserved horrors from throughout Sornieth's history? That's just the surface of what you can do :3

The starting premise of my lore is what happens when some of those monstrosities get loose, but I also like to think about the harsh realities of survival in such extreme conditions. E.g. I have a subspecies that are resurrected 'golems' (I am considering changing the name with retrospect and further knowledge on golems though). They are able to be resurrected because when they passed away, their bodies were frozen so quickly by the Icefields' more extreme conditions that their magic was trapped inside. Mixed with the right external energies, it's the right recipie for organic necromancy. (edit: I meant natural but now I can't stop thinking about wholefoods necromancy)
Lore
Hatchery
Dream Dragons
bepadepadept line long line short boop bepepepep
VPsWmjb.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6