Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Horror lairs that aren't Plague
1 2 3 4 5 6
My lore takes place in both Nature and Lightning! I think there's a lot of opportunity for horror in both flights. The Nature clan is in a deep foggy area of the jungle rather close to the border of Shadow, where you feel like you can't trust your senses (and also there's a mad scientist creating hybrids of plants and animals), and the Lightning clan is more or less a parallel to the SCP Foundation.
My lore takes place in both Nature and Lightning! I think there's a lot of opportunity for horror in both flights. The Nature clan is in a deep foggy area of the jungle rather close to the border of Shadow, where you feel like you can't trust your senses (and also there's a mad scientist creating hybrids of plants and animals), and the Lightning clan is more or less a parallel to the SCP Foundation.
8550aee9e6b0240ca32ebdcfd04fa62ae2e7e644.gif
73a7d53744f1550afcf2d03fe0ec197aeb84e76d.gif1b1f6d94f932296bf41fbe9a2c0ff9d5292c69d8.gif54b04308bbd423d93f4e5fc7fb40a5afee4f256d.gif6c8b9aca5e1946f522f766dc4d5891390b55bf3d.gif
z3FSuck.pngU0bFCPN.pngl8NOdbs.png
FqAY3t1.pnghh5n4WA.pngsbmtjDC.png
g31.png
I've always wanted to see/create a Lightning lair/clan revolving around some kind of malfunction in the Expanse that nobody talks about. A bit of a "There is no war in Ba-Sing-Se" type of thing. Just a heavily guarded area, and you just don't know you know? All the dragons have lore or bios about what they do, but its so vague that you can't tell if this facility is guarding a weapon, a monster, an engine, a corpse- you just don't know. Just a perfectly average Lightning facility that's so perfect you know something's wrong.

and then the FR equivalent of a xenomorph tumbles through the ceiling and destroys a ridgeback
I've always wanted to see/create a Lightning lair/clan revolving around some kind of malfunction in the Expanse that nobody talks about. A bit of a "There is no war in Ba-Sing-Se" type of thing. Just a heavily guarded area, and you just don't know you know? All the dragons have lore or bios about what they do, but its so vague that you can't tell if this facility is guarding a weapon, a monster, an engine, a corpse- you just don't know. Just a perfectly average Lightning facility that's so perfect you know something's wrong.

and then the FR equivalent of a xenomorph tumbles through the ceiling and destroys a ridgeback
3xgPfeK.png
[color=#457723]I like to think my main lair counts as horror-ish, considering they're a cult of cannibals that hunts down any other dragon who enters their territory. They're not "evil" but their morals are wack. They're merciless. At least, the hunters are. Damn, I really need to finish writing their lore. [emoji=wildclaw tongue size=1]
I like to think my main lair counts as horror-ish, considering they're a cult of cannibals that hunts down any other dragon who enters their territory. They're not "evil" but their morals are wack. They're merciless. At least, the hunters are.

Damn, I really need to finish writing their lore.
my lore is vaguely horror but none of the dragons really LOOK like horror. just like. there's so much potential in most flights for horror.
my lore is vaguely horror but none of the dragons really LOOK like horror. just like. there's so much potential in most flights for horror.
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
Perhaps Arcane has a few loose eldritch beings?

My lair is focused around bein bitter and forgotten. Since my lair's dragon "don't really matter" and are basically a bunch of criminals seeking safety from being hunted, I'm not sure I've written one lore story that's un-dark.
Perhaps Arcane has a few loose eldritch beings?

My lair is focused around bein bitter and forgotten. Since my lair's dragon "don't really matter" and are basically a bunch of criminals seeking safety from being hunted, I'm not sure I've written one lore story that's un-dark.
AND-GOD-SAID.png
If I wasn't Plague, I would weirdly pick Ice for my horror lair.

There's a very dark and unforgiving side to winter.

But my main lore is about unspeakably powerful dragons that carry horrible contagions so it wouldn't make sense to not be in Plague.
If I wasn't Plague, I would weirdly pick Ice for my horror lair.

But my main lore is about unspeakably powerful dragons that carry horrible contagions so it wouldn't make sense to not be in Plague.
nZzzLxJ.png Horror aesthetic/lore lair
Weird goblin hermit
She/Her
.......................... Massive Horror fan
Gamer
Writer
zwGyDvx.png
@magiritsa

Arcane has the cosmic horror genre down pat. Old gods and space!

Earth has the old things beneath the graves.

Light, of course, has the Hewn City, ruins of a civilization that thought itself immortal.

Shadow has the psychological thriller and darkness of terror. Think Pitch Black.

Nature has deep, dense, ancient forests. Dark Forest Theorem here we come! I can't think of a good example of a movie using the Dark Forest, so how about the Game Dark Wood? That could also be Shadow.

Water has the deep water horror of undersea monsters and ancient horrors and psychology of diving and claustrophobia. Bioshock material too! I mean, Plague is right there!

Ice has got what I call Cold Horror. The bitterness of winter, the chill to the bone, ancient things locked in the ice. Ever seen IT?

Wind? Hm. Maybe something like whispers in the wind, shrieks of horror from nowhere? The wind can even trap you geographically with wicked storms. You can't hear anything with the whipping wind.

I am not sure what to do with Fire or Lightning sadly.

@magiritsa

Arcane has the cosmic horror genre down pat. Old gods and space!

Earth has the old things beneath the graves.

Light, of course, has the Hewn City, ruins of a civilization that thought itself immortal.

Shadow has the psychological thriller and darkness of terror. Think Pitch Black.

Nature has deep, dense, ancient forests. Dark Forest Theorem here we come! I can't think of a good example of a movie using the Dark Forest, so how about the Game Dark Wood? That could also be Shadow.

Water has the deep water horror of undersea monsters and ancient horrors and psychology of diving and claustrophobia. Bioshock material too! I mean, Plague is right there!

Ice has got what I call Cold Horror. The bitterness of winter, the chill to the bone, ancient things locked in the ice. Ever seen IT?

Wind? Hm. Maybe something like whispers in the wind, shrieks of horror from nowhere? The wind can even trap you geographically with wicked storms. You can't hear anything with the whipping wind.

I am not sure what to do with Fire or Lightning sadly.

Gula.gif
[quote name="GrimoireBlack" date="2020-09-24 05:58:53" ] There's a very dark and unforgiving side to winter. [/quote] [s]the water hears and understands. The ice does not forgive[/s]
GrimoireBlack wrote on 2020-09-24 05:58:53:

the water hears and understands. The ice does not forgive
VGxuHXT.png
From what I'm reading here every flight has [i]potential [/i]for horror, but do people use it? It seems the most common is to have a couple of elements here and there instead of a full lair/lore centered around it. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/lair/268469]Compression's [/url] lair on the other hand keeps me up at night, especially these two: [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/27723146][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/277232/27723146.png[/img][/url] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/25439308][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/254394/25439308.png[/img][/url] Makes me want to move to Plague ngl
From what I'm reading here every flight has potential for horror, but do people use it? It seems the most common is to have a couple of elements here and there instead of a full lair/lore centered around it. Compression's lair on the other hand keeps me up at night, especially these two:

27723146.png 25439308.png

Makes me want to move to Plague ngl
779bb9748f1a01bb53ebd79bec9f8670a24bdf61.png art-shop2.pngwagon_dragon.png
I may or may not make my lair an SCP foundation.
I may or may not make my lair an SCP foundation.
1 2 3 4 5 6