Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Share sad bits of your lore with me
1 2 3 4
I really wanna cry today lmao (but not in a bad way! I just really like getting emotional over fictional characters)

So let's all share some sad bits of lore together because that's really fun and it might help us get to know your writing style!

So, here's a fun fact about Solus: They only exist to other dragons within the confines of their own home. If a normal dragon meets a Forgotten within the barrier that allows them to exist normally, and then leaves the place, then they completely forget about these dragons.

Which means that in order to actually meet other dragons, they have to lure in travelers towards the barrier of runestones and pillars that encircle their encampment. And afterwards, they will be immediately forgotten once they leave the barrier.

Just think of the implications of all that.
I really wanna cry today lmao (but not in a bad way! I just really like getting emotional over fictional characters)

So let's all share some sad bits of lore together because that's really fun and it might help us get to know your writing style!

So, here's a fun fact about Solus: They only exist to other dragons within the confines of their own home. If a normal dragon meets a Forgotten within the barrier that allows them to exist normally, and then leaves the place, then they completely forget about these dragons.

Which means that in order to actually meet other dragons, they have to lure in travelers towards the barrier of runestones and pillars that encircle their encampment. And afterwards, they will be immediately forgotten once they leave the barrier.

Just think of the implications of all that.
Oh, but can't you feel it?! The void, it's calling me- Calling all of us! It wants to eat our souls, so that we never ascend to the heavens, it wants to absorb us! It needs sustenance, so that it may expand and envelop this whole useless world! All that muck and grime, the ooze, it will fill every crevice of reality, and it will change the world into a paradise! All you have to do is live to see it!
And why aren't I scared? Because the void is the afterlife, and I am its Grim Reaper!
@CrystalPeacock
My clan has experienced several wars, almost all of which resulted in mass anihilation... all because I didn't like my lair.
@CrystalPeacock
My clan has experienced several wars, almost all of which resulted in mass anihilation... all because I didn't like my lair.
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
Most of my lore is more dark and violent than sad but I suppose there are a few things.

Venomthorn is both so venomous and poisonous that he can not physically interact with any other dragon, so to try and protect others from himself he only deals with golems, as things made of metal and stone wouldn't be effected by him. Mindless machines aren't exactly comforting things however.

Paladin attempted to get away from the curse that all Imperials carried by turning himself into a Wildclaw, but it didn't stop it, just changed the way it effected him.

Most of my lore is more dark and violent than sad but I suppose there are a few things.

Venomthorn is both so venomous and poisonous that he can not physically interact with any other dragon, so to try and protect others from himself he only deals with golems, as things made of metal and stone wouldn't be effected by him. Mindless machines aren't exactly comforting things however.

Paladin attempted to get away from the curse that all Imperials carried by turning himself into a Wildclaw, but it didn't stop it, just changed the way it effected him.

4QFtgPW.png
I don't have much for sad lore, but I suppose we did suffer a famine... quite a few dragons died during desperate hunting expeditions, or left in hopes of finding better hunting grounds elsewhere. A handful decided they would rather stay and starve than leave their home and wander. A scant few weren't capable of leaving at all, for one reason or another. And the others that stayed did so only because they refused to abandon those who remained.

I don't have much for sad lore, but I suppose we did suffer a famine... quite a few dragons died during desperate hunting expeditions, or left in hopes of finding better hunting grounds elsewhere. A handful decided they would rather stay and starve than leave their home and wander. A scant few weren't capable of leaving at all, for one reason or another. And the others that stayed did so only because they refused to abandon those who remained.

sculkquest.pngIconx100t.png
Oh BOY do I love making my characters suffer:
- Tiberius was ostracized from the clan because he didn't agree with the whole "Plague = sworn enemies of Nature" thing. He essentially attempted to commit suicide by throwing himself into the Wyrmwound, but survived. The clan saw this as him being 'blessed' by the Plaguebringer and gave him a high-ranking position, but he's still justifiably bitter about the way they treated him and his slowly plotting his revenge.
- Speaking of Nature, Helen pledged her loyalty to the clan in a desperate search for shelter. She knows that the vast majority of the clan doesn't trust her and that she has no friends, but she feels like she has nowhere else to go.
- Marpesia spent decades, if not centuries alone and believing herself to be the last of her kind. Things are arguably better for her now, but she still has major trust issues (especially around Gaolers) and has difficulty fitting in to modern dragon society.
Oh BOY do I love making my characters suffer:
- Tiberius was ostracized from the clan because he didn't agree with the whole "Plague = sworn enemies of Nature" thing. He essentially attempted to commit suicide by throwing himself into the Wyrmwound, but survived. The clan saw this as him being 'blessed' by the Plaguebringer and gave him a high-ranking position, but he's still justifiably bitter about the way they treated him and his slowly plotting his revenge.
- Speaking of Nature, Helen pledged her loyalty to the clan in a desperate search for shelter. She knows that the vast majority of the clan doesn't trust her and that she has no friends, but she feels like she has nowhere else to go.
- Marpesia spent decades, if not centuries alone and believing herself to be the last of her kind. Things are arguably better for her now, but she still has major trust issues (especially around Gaolers) and has difficulty fitting in to modern dragon society.
the saddest thing in my lore is probable Beta_v2's story. my clan progen is an inventor who uses magical elements as power delivery systems, and she was ostracized for that, but when she created an extremely efficient liquid sacridite based battery, the PD department of the Tempest Spire just completely ripped it off, and ignored the fact that she specified that due to the magical wish granting properties of sacridite, this technology should never be used in automatons, or they will gain sentience. they ended up testing it in one of the sentries they use to defend the Spire from scavengers, and it gained sentience, and after a random diplomat covered in a rose tangle visited, began to grow roses around it, due to him gaining the ability to desire frivolous things. they continued to force him to work and ignore the fact that he had developed sentience, and repeatedly removed the flowers that grew on and around him, despite the fact it very obviously made him depressed less efficient. they continued to deny his ability to desire things he was not made to until he was stolen by Ayers, our clan scavenger, and (although he's hesitant to admit it to himself) Beta's doting boyfriend.
the saddest thing in my lore is probable Beta_v2's story. my clan progen is an inventor who uses magical elements as power delivery systems, and she was ostracized for that, but when she created an extremely efficient liquid sacridite based battery, the PD department of the Tempest Spire just completely ripped it off, and ignored the fact that she specified that due to the magical wish granting properties of sacridite, this technology should never be used in automatons, or they will gain sentience. they ended up testing it in one of the sentries they use to defend the Spire from scavengers, and it gained sentience, and after a random diplomat covered in a rose tangle visited, began to grow roses around it, due to him gaining the ability to desire frivolous things. they continued to force him to work and ignore the fact that he had developed sentience, and repeatedly removed the flowers that grew on and around him, despite the fact it very obviously made him depressed less efficient. they continued to deny his ability to desire things he was not made to until he was stolen by Ayers, our clan scavenger, and (although he's hesitant to admit it to himself) Beta's doting boyfriend.
sorry my christmas sig has been up until may it won't happen again
my lore isn't that sad but I do have

Artemus, who did his best to raise his younger brother Actaeon, but they had differing interests and Actaeon ran away, with Artemus soon leaving after. After wandering for years, Artemus met his brother again in battle after Actaeon threatened Eva. Actaeon clawed out Artemus' eye, and Artemus was forced to kill him to protect her.

Tenebrium was infected by the Shade at a young age, and his birth clan cast him into the caves beneath the City to die. He managed to survive, but every time he tried to come up to the surface, he felt the darkness rising in him. Not wanting to hurt anyone, Tenebrium closed himself in the caves. With the population of the City growing, however, more dragons are venturing into the caves. Sylph in particular is determined to help him find a way to live on the surface again.
my lore isn't that sad but I do have

Artemus, who did his best to raise his younger brother Actaeon, but they had differing interests and Actaeon ran away, with Artemus soon leaving after. After wandering for years, Artemus met his brother again in battle after Actaeon threatened Eva. Actaeon clawed out Artemus' eye, and Artemus was forced to kill him to protect her.

Tenebrium was infected by the Shade at a young age, and his birth clan cast him into the caves beneath the City to die. He managed to survive, but every time he tried to come up to the surface, he felt the darkness rising in him. Not wanting to hurt anyone, Tenebrium closed himself in the caves. With the population of the City growing, however, more dragons are venturing into the caves. Sylph in particular is determined to help him find a way to live on the surface again.
AOFzhcD.png x >hurry
>she/her
>fr +3
>avatar
>about
x >lore
>origamis
>wishlist
>uma sales
>pings ok
I don't have much sad lore (or much lore at all for that matter) but Cepheus is a king that basically lost his whole kingdom thanks to his own mistakes

Spectre is dead and due to her spirit form her elemental energy literally flows throughout her body and she can't control it. For this reason, she's a loner on purpose, as she fears accidentally killing someone with it...
I don't have much sad lore (or much lore at all for that matter) but Cepheus is a king that basically lost his whole kingdom thanks to his own mistakes

Spectre is dead and due to her spirit form her elemental energy literally flows throughout her body and she can't control it. For this reason, she's a loner on purpose, as she fears accidentally killing someone with it...
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
I love writing angst but I've gone easy on my dragon's lore for some reason. I've still got some sad kids though:
-Dart's sister was injured and put and into a coma. He spent years trying to create a system that would allow him to transfer her mind into a machine, but she died before he could finish it.

-Ruby went to see the emperor with a couple of friends. This didn't end well. He's pretty happy now though, even though he's still dealing with the trauma.
I love writing angst but I've gone easy on my dragon's lore for some reason. I've still got some sad kids though:
-Dart's sister was injured and put and into a coma. He spent years trying to create a system that would allow him to transfer her mind into a machine, but she died before he could finish it.

-Ruby went to see the emperor with a couple of friends. This didn't end well. He's pretty happy now though, even though he's still dealing with the trauma.
It has a happy ending, but there's some sadness in my my OG Banescales' lore. Warning for brief parental abandonment in Rakeshi/Nyobe and infertility/child loss in Raerek/Enya.

Rakeshi here had a stretch where he believed that his mate Nyobe had left and he was preparing to raise their three eggs alone. And the history with his best friend Thrawn, they were side by side in the egg in the Last Clutch and Rakeshi as a baby with their adoptive mother Sorna would sleep wrapped around Thrawn's egg before he hatched.

Within my Starcrashed lore tab, current events is the relationship of Raerek and Enya. The story in Starcrashed is a Not!Starfleet human spaceship crew were attacked and crashed by the Shade and woke up on Sornieth turned into various dragon breeds. Lt Cmdr Harmeer Raerek and Enya met when the crew traveled to the Labyrinth during Greenskeeper Gathering. Despite trying many times, she's never had a nest survive, the eggs always rotting. She thought that a clan with no hatchlings would be a place where no one would care her eggs never survive. But things happen when hunting and there's a nest. One that's overdue to hatch.
It has a happy ending, but there's some sadness in my my OG Banescales' lore. Warning for brief parental abandonment in Rakeshi/Nyobe and infertility/child loss in Raerek/Enya.

Rakeshi here had a stretch where he believed that his mate Nyobe had left and he was preparing to raise their three eggs alone. And the history with his best friend Thrawn, they were side by side in the egg in the Last Clutch and Rakeshi as a baby with their adoptive mother Sorna would sleep wrapped around Thrawn's egg before he hatched.

Within my Starcrashed lore tab, current events is the relationship of Raerek and Enya. The story in Starcrashed is a Not!Starfleet human spaceship crew were attacked and crashed by the Shade and woke up on Sornieth turned into various dragon breeds. Lt Cmdr Harmeer Raerek and Enya met when the crew traveled to the Labyrinth during Greenskeeper Gathering. Despite trying many times, she's never had a nest survive, the eggs always rotting. She thought that a clan with no hatchlings would be a place where no one would care her eggs never survive. But things happen when hunting and there's a nest. One that's overdue to hatch.
Nest Rentals! I offer Fire nests here at 2kt a pair, no lunch boxes needed. Warning that I am a 12-hr shift night worker and might miss a day on incubation here and there. :(
Feel free to ping me anywhere! I try to subscribe to threads I create, but pings are always cool.
1 2 3 4