Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Share sad bits of your lore with me
1 2 3 4
Oh boy, you want sadness? You’ve come to the right den my friend

Quick summary of characters mentioned (If they need context):
Windguide: my progen
Surge: second progen (he had a good reason to leave AND come back btw)
Charm: egg found in wild, 3rd dragon
Mountainwing: windguide’s remaining 1st kid

——-

Windguide, while desperately trying to hold her clan made up of her own 3 kids together with surge gone, looses her first and eldest child sunshade. Not because she dies, she just goes missing. But is presumed dead due to her scent been mixed with beastclan scents.

During ‘the great upheaval’ where my clan move elsewhere after an event that ruins their home, 3 of windguide’s kids seemingly die, including her favourite: dunewing.

Meanwhile charm looses not only 2 of her first kids but her loving husband, pegasus, to the event. She is left in a deep depression and only her new husband, bismuth, can bring her out of it.

Mountainwing grows up under windguide’s strict parenting, though now she has her father back as an adult, she still has self esteem issues. Windguide always clearly preferred her sister so her attempts to make her mother proud mostly failed. Even now windguide is never satisfied with mountainwing!

Mountainwing secretly has kids of her own, the father of which ditches her because he didnt want kids- further ruining her self esteem. So now shes stuck caring for 2 kids alone, hidden away because she fears what her mother would do if she found out. She brings them back to the clan but tells them to never call her mother.

She later meets a better husband- who is a former criminal stuck eternally in a crystal body, but atleast he both wants kids and is deeply inlove with mountainwing.

Surge left because he and windguide fought constantly and he was treated horribly. He later returns just to see how its going, realising how badly windguide is handling it however he decides to stay home. The two fall back in love but during the great upheaval he goes missing again (later returning as all gened up) and looses his best friend, pegasus, who was like a son to him. He also finds out most of his kids are dead and desperately searches for his clan knowing how badly windguide will be needing him right now.

Oh boy, you want sadness? You’ve come to the right den my friend

Quick summary of characters mentioned (If they need context):
Windguide: my progen
Surge: second progen (he had a good reason to leave AND come back btw)
Charm: egg found in wild, 3rd dragon
Mountainwing: windguide’s remaining 1st kid

——-

Windguide, while desperately trying to hold her clan made up of her own 3 kids together with surge gone, looses her first and eldest child sunshade. Not because she dies, she just goes missing. But is presumed dead due to her scent been mixed with beastclan scents.

During ‘the great upheaval’ where my clan move elsewhere after an event that ruins their home, 3 of windguide’s kids seemingly die, including her favourite: dunewing.

Meanwhile charm looses not only 2 of her first kids but her loving husband, pegasus, to the event. She is left in a deep depression and only her new husband, bismuth, can bring her out of it.

Mountainwing grows up under windguide’s strict parenting, though now she has her father back as an adult, she still has self esteem issues. Windguide always clearly preferred her sister so her attempts to make her mother proud mostly failed. Even now windguide is never satisfied with mountainwing!

Mountainwing secretly has kids of her own, the father of which ditches her because he didnt want kids- further ruining her self esteem. So now shes stuck caring for 2 kids alone, hidden away because she fears what her mother would do if she found out. She brings them back to the clan but tells them to never call her mother.

She later meets a better husband- who is a former criminal stuck eternally in a crystal body, but atleast he both wants kids and is deeply inlove with mountainwing.

Surge left because he and windguide fought constantly and he was treated horribly. He later returns just to see how its going, realising how badly windguide is handling it however he decides to stay home. The two fall back in love but during the great upheaval he goes missing again (later returning as all gened up) and looses his best friend, pegasus, who was like a son to him. He also finds out most of his kids are dead and desperately searches for his clan knowing how badly windguide will be needing him right now.

..……………………...……..….YSCAP90.png
Suffer more :) Tn4TEAZ.png
Every single one of the dragons in my lore lair (Exclusion Zone and Interlopers tabs) end up dying by the end of my lore, with the exception of one. I haven’t written it yet, but it’s a solemn, yet hopeful ending.
Every single one of the dragons in my lore lair (Exclusion Zone and Interlopers tabs) end up dying by the end of my lore, with the exception of one. I haven’t written it yet, but it’s a solemn, yet hopeful ending.
1f7Wab5.png x F5AeglI.png x x
x
x
< - avatar
x

ahzidal (captain)
they / them
about
- Cortas was blinded by Nveryll when the latter thought he was Shade-touched. Out of self defense, she clawed his eyes out. Cortas holds nothing against her for it, but she feels terribly guilty every time she sees him around and has considered blinding herself as retribution. Dr. Malakai will not let her do it though.

- Blackwire is half-dragon, half-metal only because she hated her links to the Code, which resulted in her trying to claw herself apart and "get rid of what's wrong". It only resulted in her needing metal plates to keep her alive, which she despises even more. She's getting over them slowly.
- Cortas was blinded by Nveryll when the latter thought he was Shade-touched. Out of self defense, she clawed his eyes out. Cortas holds nothing against her for it, but she feels terribly guilty every time she sees him around and has considered blinding herself as retribution. Dr. Malakai will not let her do it though.

- Blackwire is half-dragon, half-metal only because she hated her links to the Code, which resulted in her trying to claw herself apart and "get rid of what's wrong". It only resulted in her needing metal plates to keep her alive, which she despises even more. She's getting over them slowly.
S O K O L
knowledge of comprehension, benevolence, and aesthetics | active | slowly revamping
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xx
ToxrvHn.gif
@FourLeaf
OOPS I SHIPPED DAIRO AND CARVANA
@FourLeaf
OOPS I SHIPPED DAIRO AND CARVANA
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
Aha...sad lore? You just described my lair aesthetic. I'm not joking. Ailans here had a Fae as his charge, and they traveled around the world together until the Fae in question was killed by a pack of Maren while Ailans was out hunting. He pretty much went crazy after that, wandering the earth, wanting to die but feeling that he couldn't yet. He finally has had enough one day and flies into a thunderstorm...continued in [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60333430]Renalas's bio[/url]. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60333431][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/603335/60333431_350.png[/img][/url] And here's Annaris, whose Mirror father died as a mercenary. His father raised him alone, and was essentially Mercury Black's father(from RWBY, because I don't want to write it all down). The mercenary company soon found Annaris and pressed him into service. He escapes, and joins the clan after a series of hijinks. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60086945][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/600870/60086945_350.png[/img][/url] Now...Maeveia here is a special case. She came from another continent called Taenebris, where the dragon breeds were the same as here on Sornieth. She was leader of the Skydancers, along with her mate Faeverus. She worked with the other leaders of the other respective dragon breeds to create a huge capital city, and slowly worked her way up to queenship and kingship with Faeverus. They were revered, until the Shade infected many of the city's denizens, including Faeverus. He fought with Maeveia, scratching her across the face, also infecting her with Shade from the open wound. She flew away, leaving her city and citizens to fight without their rulers. She arrives in Sornieth at the Sunbeam Ruins, where the Lightweaver is able to stop the Shade from doing any further damage to Maeveia, but not without leaving terrible scarring. This is why she always wears a helmet, to hide the scars, evidence of a terrible battle with one infected by Shade. She feels terrible guilt over leaving her city to burn, but is afraid to go back to Taenebris. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60395844][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/603959/60395844_350.png[/img][/url] Oh, and Kanga was originally from a poor family, but she always had dreams of a romantic life, and having a place in high society. So when she gained the attention of an aristocrat, it was a dream come true. They married, and lived happily ever after...not. She found out that her husband was cheating on her, so she left and gave up her dreams, her heart shattered. The locket was the first present the noble gave her, for she still cannot let go of the past. She hides her insecurities and sadness behind a snobbish mask of indifference and collecting jewelry. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/60295045][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/602951/60295045_350.png[/img][/url] And this is only the FIRST PAGE of my FIRST TAB...I could go on and on about Cosmilin, Naesarya, and more than half my lair, not including my hatches.
Aha...sad lore? You just described my lair aesthetic. I'm not joking.

Ailans here had a Fae as his charge, and they traveled around the world together until the Fae in question was killed by a pack of Maren while Ailans was out hunting. He pretty much went crazy after that, wandering the earth, wanting to die but feeling that he couldn't yet. He finally has had enough one day and flies into a thunderstorm...continued in Renalas's bio.
60333431_350.png

And here's Annaris, whose Mirror father died as a mercenary. His father raised him alone, and was essentially Mercury Black's father(from RWBY, because I don't want to write it all down). The mercenary company soon found Annaris and pressed him into service. He escapes, and joins the clan after a series of hijinks.
60086945_350.png

Now...Maeveia here is a special case. She came from another continent called Taenebris, where the dragon breeds were the same as here on Sornieth. She was leader of the Skydancers, along with her mate Faeverus. She worked with the other leaders of the other respective dragon breeds to create a huge capital city, and slowly worked her way up to queenship and kingship with Faeverus. They were revered, until the Shade infected many of the city's denizens, including Faeverus. He fought with Maeveia, scratching her across the face, also infecting her with Shade from the open wound. She flew away, leaving her city and citizens to fight without their rulers. She arrives in Sornieth at the Sunbeam Ruins, where the Lightweaver is able to stop the Shade from doing any further damage to Maeveia, but not without leaving terrible scarring. This is why she always wears a helmet, to hide the scars, evidence of a terrible battle with one infected by Shade. She feels terrible guilt over leaving her city to burn, but is afraid to go back to Taenebris.
60395844_350.png

Oh, and Kanga was originally from a poor family, but she always had dreams of a romantic life, and having a place in high society. So when she gained the attention of an aristocrat, it was a dream come true. They married, and lived happily ever after...not. She found out that her husband was cheating on her, so she left and gave up her dreams, her heart shattered. The locket was the first present the noble gave her, for she still cannot let go of the past. She hides her insecurities and sadness behind a snobbish mask of indifference and collecting jewelry.
60295045_350.png

And this is only the FIRST PAGE of my FIRST TAB...I could go on and on about Cosmilin, Naesarya, and more than half my lair, not including my hatches.
I see the spine of the world
Sparkle and shine, light the inside
I see the spine of the world
I know it's mine, twisted and tied
LUX the emperor isn't sane anymore but he is sentient. The three dragons who became him are still feeling and thinking (although their minds have mostly blended into one)
Also, the dragons who became him died in a horribly tragic way during a battle. Lucius was fatally wounded, but managed to drag himself to the general (Uriel)'s tent just in time to see him die protecting Xander, their strategist. He tried to stop the attacker, but Xander was killed before the attacker was chased away. Then Lucius died of his wounds, and they all fused together. The person who killed them, the Guild Leader at the time, took the forming Emperor, blinded and crippled it, and sealed it up underground with powerful magic. Eventually the secret door was forgotten about for centuries. the binding spell keeping him there is basically impossible to break, he's blind, the hallways aren't sized big enough for him to get out, his hind legs dont work properly, and his cell is too small to stretch out his wings (it's barely big enough to fit him in it). And he's been totally aware and down there for centuries
LUX the emperor isn't sane anymore but he is sentient. The three dragons who became him are still feeling and thinking (although their minds have mostly blended into one)
Also, the dragons who became him died in a horribly tragic way during a battle. Lucius was fatally wounded, but managed to drag himself to the general (Uriel)'s tent just in time to see him die protecting Xander, their strategist. He tried to stop the attacker, but Xander was killed before the attacker was chased away. Then Lucius died of his wounds, and they all fused together. The person who killed them, the Guild Leader at the time, took the forming Emperor, blinded and crippled it, and sealed it up underground with powerful magic. Eventually the secret door was forgotten about for centuries. the binding spell keeping him there is basically impossible to break, he's blind, the hallways aren't sized big enough for him to get out, his hind legs dont work properly, and his cell is too small to stretch out his wings (it's barely big enough to fit him in it). And he's been totally aware and down there for centuries
66.png
[url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/53211623][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/532117/53211623_350.png[/img][/url] He's just sad
53211623_350.png

He's just sad
ku5wTFW.png
Hawthorne is shade-touched, and as a result he's lost some mobility/control in his limbs. When he first came to the clan, the shade was spreading over his body so fast that Sapphira, the clan medic, thought he'd be completely consumed by it in a day or so. She eventually got it under control, and now Hawthorne lives a fairly normal life thanks to her skills as a healer, as well as mobility devices built by his boyfriend Kelsier. However, Hawthorne lives in fear that one day the shade will start up again and completely take over, making him a threat to his clan... He decided that if worst comes to worst he'd rather die than hurt the dragons who helped him, so he has some plans in place in case the unthinkable happens.
Drift's story is sad too, but it has a happy ending! She was an orphaned hatchling living alone in the Scarred Wastelands. She met many other dragons throughout her life and had many hatchlings of her own, but every single one of them met a horrible end. Drift was convinced that all of this was her fault, and the gods themselves were punishing her. She journeyed deep into plague territory and resigned herself to death, ready for whatever disease or hungry predator might find her. However, she was discovered by Shanti, the clan scout, who brought her back to the clan where she was nursed back to health. Drift was extremely grateful to the dragons who saved her and took her in. She became a therapist soon after because she wants to help dragons who are going through tough times like she was.
Hawthorne is shade-touched, and as a result he's lost some mobility/control in his limbs. When he first came to the clan, the shade was spreading over his body so fast that Sapphira, the clan medic, thought he'd be completely consumed by it in a day or so. She eventually got it under control, and now Hawthorne lives a fairly normal life thanks to her skills as a healer, as well as mobility devices built by his boyfriend Kelsier. However, Hawthorne lives in fear that one day the shade will start up again and completely take over, making him a threat to his clan... He decided that if worst comes to worst he'd rather die than hurt the dragons who helped him, so he has some plans in place in case the unthinkable happens.
Drift's story is sad too, but it has a happy ending! She was an orphaned hatchling living alone in the Scarred Wastelands. She met many other dragons throughout her life and had many hatchlings of her own, but every single one of them met a horrible end. Drift was convinced that all of this was her fault, and the gods themselves were punishing her. She journeyed deep into plague territory and resigned herself to death, ready for whatever disease or hungry predator might find her. However, she was discovered by Shanti, the clan scout, who brought her back to the clan where she was nursed back to health. Drift was extremely grateful to the dragons who saved her and took her in. She became a therapist soon after because she wants to help dragons who are going through tough times like she was.
Feel free to click and feed my creatures!
2519517.png2534403.png2537496.png2567018.png2634339.png
If you want to read some sad lore, you can check out my Depletion tab. Their bios are all ideas, so it's not completed/polished but the ideas are there!

Basically all these dragons are gathered in a grotto to wait and die. They all have incurable diseases/diabilities that are deadly (malformed skull, excessive cobalt production, the shade, etc.)
If you want to read some sad lore, you can check out my Depletion tab. Their bios are all ideas, so it's not completed/polished but the ideas are there!

Basically all these dragons are gathered in a grotto to wait and die. They all have incurable diseases/diabilities that are deadly (malformed skull, excessive cobalt production, the shade, etc.)
Moth Keeper's Lantern xx - azra.
- she/her.
- aavikko => dyhayc.
- skin & accent shop (semi-hiatus).
Dang. I mean at the moment Monstrosity is one of my saddest but tbh everyone in the second page of Thifolia is sad. I’m currently purging/mid rehaul of my lair tho.
Dang. I mean at the moment Monstrosity is one of my saddest but tbh everyone in the second page of Thifolia is sad. I’m currently purging/mid rehaul of my lair tho.
TBD
1 2 3 4