Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It's been one (1) full day...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Celinikal @Spark Ista and another user, ZaiStorm, cannot view their own dragons' profiles without experiening physical pain due to how busy the new layout is. And with as many players as FR has now, they won't be the only ones.

This is a MAJOR issue; I'm not surprised it wasn't forseen and I'm not surprised it hasn't been changed yet (yet), but I'm also a little disappointed that there hasn't been any comment yet. Unidra does have a point about responding immediately without thinking things through often making a situation worse, though.

If there still isn't any response within a few days, though, I'm going to be dropping them a line, because something clearly needs to be done about this.
@Celinikal @Spark Ista and another user, ZaiStorm, cannot view their own dragons' profiles without experiening physical pain due to how busy the new layout is. And with as many players as FR has now, they won't be the only ones.

This is a MAJOR issue; I'm not surprised it wasn't forseen and I'm not surprised it hasn't been changed yet (yet), but I'm also a little disappointed that there hasn't been any comment yet. Unidra does have a point about responding immediately without thinking things through often making a situation worse, though.

If there still isn't any response within a few days, though, I'm going to be dropping them a line, because something clearly needs to be done about this.
don't like my dragons
They actually have replied to the suggestions and complaints! [quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-06-08 11:03:24" ] Thank you for your feedback! We see new dragon page design has stirred up some discussion. The revamp is fresh and the changes are new. Let's give it some time to breathe, settle, and see how you like it in action and over time. [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] As always, please remember to post your suggestions in our [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug]Suggestions Forum[/url][/b]. There each suggestion can have its own dedicated discussion thread, not get lost in a 100+ page announcement thread. [emoji=banescale winking size=1] [/quote] And I agree, this change is pretty new, so waiting a couple of days is a good idea. I feel like most people will probably get used to the new interface. I personally like the new interface, but I see how others might not. It does seem a bit cluttered and could do with a bit of tweaking, especially swapping lineage with the coli stuff and the apparel with the info, but all in all the change isn't too bad! I feel like the best thing that could happen is to let people tweak their dragon pages themselves! Not completely, but just simple things like swapping around the boxes or taking out the ones they deem unnecessary. This might be a bit difficult to code, but it would make more people ok with the change.
They actually have replied to the suggestions and complaints!
Aequorin wrote on 2020-06-08 11:03:24:
Thank you for your feedback! We see new dragon page design has stirred up some discussion. The revamp is fresh and the changes are new. Let's give it some time to breathe, settle, and see how you like it in action and over time.

As always, please remember to post your suggestions in our Suggestions Forum. There each suggestion can have its own dedicated discussion thread, not get lost in a 100+ page announcement thread.
And I agree, this change is pretty new, so waiting a couple of days is a good idea. I feel like most people will probably get used to the new interface. I personally like the new interface, but I see how others might not. It does seem a bit cluttered and could do with a bit of tweaking, especially swapping lineage with the coli stuff and the apparel with the info, but all in all the change isn't too bad!

I feel like the best thing that could happen is to let people tweak their dragon pages themselves! Not completely, but just simple things like swapping around the boxes or taking out the ones they deem unnecessary. This might be a bit difficult to code, but it would make more people ok with the change.
Confusing Parchment Scrap [Milo | He/Him]

> Weekly Raffles

> Egg Hatching

> Dragon Sales

> Wishlist

> About Me

> Buying Grinding

> Commissions

> Art Dump

> Fandragons
[quote name="MaybeHuman" date="2020-06-09 09:48:53" ] They actually have replied to the suggestions and complaints! [quote name="Aequorin" date="2020-06-08 11:03:24" ] Thank you for your feedback! We see new dragon page design has stirred up some discussion. The revamp is fresh and the changes are new. Let's give it some time to breathe, settle, and see how you like it in action and over time. [emoji=rainbow star 1 size=1] As always, please remember to post your suggestions in our [b][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/sug]Suggestions Forum[/url][/b]. There each suggestion can have its own dedicated discussion thread, not get lost in a 100+ page announcement thread. [emoji=banescale winking size=1] [/quote] And I agree, this change is pretty new, so waiting a couple of days is a good idea. I feel like most people will probably get used to the new interface. I personally like the new interface, but I see how others might not. It does seem a bit cluttered and could do with a bit of tweaking, especially swapping lineage with the coli stuff and the apparel with the info, but all in all the change isn't too bad! I feel like the best thing that could happen is to let people tweak their dragon pages themselves! Not completely, but just simple things like swapping around the boxes or taking out the ones they deem unnecessary. This might be a bit difficult to code, but it would make more people ok with the change. [/quote] [quote name="Undel" date="2020-06-08 18:32:20" ] Thank you for your feedback everyone. If there are specific changes or quality of life improvements you're passionate about, I would like to encourage you to visit our suggestions forum. The feedback can be discussed and archived in dedicated threads to each idea and not be lost in the announcement post. [/quote] Undel chimed in as well! It seems like they are really focusing on the suggestions people have given, and I understand why they might want to take a bit more time to come up with a definite plan.
MaybeHuman wrote on 2020-06-09 09:48:53:
They actually have replied to the suggestions and complaints!
Aequorin wrote on 2020-06-08 11:03:24:
Thank you for your feedback! We see new dragon page design has stirred up some discussion. The revamp is fresh and the changes are new. Let's give it some time to breathe, settle, and see how you like it in action and over time.

As always, please remember to post your suggestions in our Suggestions Forum. There each suggestion can have its own dedicated discussion thread, not get lost in a 100+ page announcement thread.
And I agree, this change is pretty new, so waiting a couple of days is a good idea. I feel like most people will probably get used to the new interface. I personally like the new interface, but I see how others might not. It does seem a bit cluttered and could do with a bit of tweaking, especially swapping lineage with the coli stuff and the apparel with the info, but all in all the change isn't too bad!

I feel like the best thing that could happen is to let people tweak their dragon pages themselves! Not completely, but just simple things like swapping around the boxes or taking out the ones they deem unnecessary. This might be a bit difficult to code, but it would make more people ok with the change.

Undel wrote on 2020-06-08 18:32:20:
Thank you for your feedback everyone. If there are specific changes or quality of life improvements you're passionate about, I would like to encourage you to visit our suggestions forum. The feedback can be discussed and archived in dedicated threads to each idea and not be lost in the announcement post.
Undel chimed in as well! It seems like they are really focusing on the suggestions people have given, and I understand why they might want to take a bit more time to come up with a definite plan.
FossilDust
VpMOGhK.png
n29EMdP.png
qesQFkT.gif
ePOliyb.png
eswSnrS.png
mmoRz30.png
[quote name="Jessyta" date="2020-06-09 09:12:55" ] Quote: It took less than eight hours for the devs to remove glowtail from the market when the community raised criticisms about the quality of the art? Well they can't really remove dragon profiles from the site. Nor can they revert back to the old profile since people have started using scenes and vistas. [/quote] I'm pretty sure that the dev's response to users being outraged at being surprised by a lair update changing the number of dragons per row was to throw cat's apparel and watch people forget the issue (throw is the wrong word. those apparels are really good, there's no way they were made in response to the event.) Five dragons per row returned with the lair update some time later, a much appreciated return. It doesn't change the fact that three for three, lair updates - sudden, expansive lair updates - become deeply emotional events for users. I think devs don't really get that the lair have become rather personal spaces for players. Like your room being rearranged by a well-intentioned parent, a feeling which some users probably hasn't felt in a long while. There's no need for surprise except for the developers' need for surprise the users - just selecting some few users and asking them to secretly trial the profiles might have picked up a bit of the issues, like what roles apparel play in the perception of their dragons (so little when it come to appreciating the dragon as a whole, that the placement given to apparel on the dragon page makes no sense at all) or the importance of reporting bad dragons (almost nobody thinks that bad dragons are things they want to report often enough to warrant a large button on every dragon's page) to basic user interface issues (the apparel/skin/scene subtitles are shortcut to their respective pages? why do they look exactly the same as 7 other non-interactive subtitles in the same page?) to making a significant part of the site, dressing dragons, less intuitive and usable. Dressing a dragon isn't supposed to be something you sit down and take notes just to have a coherent image as you paged through endless pages of duplicates - not to mention it taking out the spontaneity of random choice in dressing. No one foresaw the fall of digg, but the sudden loss of control felt during that last website update - well a bit of that feeling echoes in this site update. the lair are deeply personal areas of the users, and devs and admin have to respect that to some degree. parents might rearrange a house however they want, but completely rearranging a child's bedroom as a surprise - never ends well.
Jessyta wrote on 2020-06-09 09:12:55:
Quote:
It took less than eight hours for the devs to remove glowtail from the market when the community raised criticisms about the quality of the art?

Well they can't really remove dragon profiles from the site. Nor can they revert back to the old profile since people have started using scenes and vistas.

I'm pretty sure that the dev's response to users being outraged at being surprised by a lair update changing the number of dragons per row was to throw cat's apparel and watch people forget the issue (throw is the wrong word. those apparels are really good, there's no way they were made in response to the event.) Five dragons per row returned with the lair update some time later, a much appreciated return.

It doesn't change the fact that three for three, lair updates - sudden, expansive lair updates - become deeply emotional events for users. I think devs don't really get that the lair have become rather personal spaces for players. Like your room being rearranged by a well-intentioned parent, a feeling which some users probably hasn't felt in a long while.

There's no need for surprise except for the developers' need for surprise the users - just selecting some few users and asking them to secretly trial the profiles might have picked up a bit of the issues, like what roles apparel play in the perception of their dragons (so little when it come to appreciating the dragon as a whole, that the placement given to apparel on the dragon page makes no sense at all) or the importance of reporting bad dragons (almost nobody thinks that bad dragons are things they want to report often enough to warrant a large button on every dragon's page) to basic user interface issues (the apparel/skin/scene subtitles are shortcut to their respective pages? why do they look exactly the same as 7 other non-interactive subtitles in the same page?) to making a significant part of the site, dressing dragons, less intuitive and usable. Dressing a dragon isn't supposed to be something you sit down and take notes just to have a coherent image as you paged through endless pages of duplicates - not to mention it taking out the spontaneity of random choice in dressing.

No one foresaw the fall of digg, but the sudden loss of control felt during that last website update - well a bit of that feeling echoes in this site update. the lair are deeply personal areas of the users, and devs and admin have to respect that to some degree. parents might rearrange a house however they want, but completely rearranging a child's bedroom as a surprise - never ends well.
OcyPyoj.png

My take on the "wait and let it settle" is that it's because there are a large number of people (myself among them!) who freak out and go AAAAAAAAAA just because something is different from what they're used to, but then *do* get used to it and maybe even like it. If the devs wait for those people to settle down a little, then they can focus their energy on dealing with the issues that actually *are* serious problems for people. There is *so much* feedback for them to wade through right now, with so many different people's needs and wants and suggestions, that it's just going to take time to distill it all down and figure out what's actually necessary and practicable. I literally don't think it's possible for them to do more at this point than say "put your concerns in the suggestion forum so we can see what they are." To me that implies that they *do* want to see our concerns and not lose them in the chaos of the main thread.

(I've personally walked back a couple of my initial complaints because after fiddling with things some more, I decided they were okay.)

The devs aren't perfect--no one is--but I believe that they're good people and they're trying. And I do feel for the people suffering with pain and anxiety. I know that you feel it's unfair and you shouldn't have to, but...maybe put your comments in suggestions and then take a couple of days' break from the site? Life is stressful right now for a lot of reasons. Be kind to yourselves. ^_^

My take on the "wait and let it settle" is that it's because there are a large number of people (myself among them!) who freak out and go AAAAAAAAAA just because something is different from what they're used to, but then *do* get used to it and maybe even like it. If the devs wait for those people to settle down a little, then they can focus their energy on dealing with the issues that actually *are* serious problems for people. There is *so much* feedback for them to wade through right now, with so many different people's needs and wants and suggestions, that it's just going to take time to distill it all down and figure out what's actually necessary and practicable. I literally don't think it's possible for them to do more at this point than say "put your concerns in the suggestion forum so we can see what they are." To me that implies that they *do* want to see our concerns and not lose them in the chaos of the main thread.

(I've personally walked back a couple of my initial complaints because after fiddling with things some more, I decided they were okay.)

The devs aren't perfect--no one is--but I believe that they're good people and they're trying. And I do feel for the people suffering with pain and anxiety. I know that you feel it's unfair and you shouldn't have to, but...maybe put your comments in suggestions and then take a couple of days' break from the site? Life is stressful right now for a lot of reasons. Be kind to yourselves. ^_^
MmSftql.png
[quote name="Orangecat" date="2020-06-09 10:07:51" ] It doesn't change the fact that three for three, lair updates - sudden, expansive lair updates - become deeply emotional events for users. I think devs don't really get that the lair have become rather personal spaces for players. Like your room being rearranged by a well-intentioned parent, a feeling which some users probably hasn't felt in a long while. [/quote] This is a good way to put this.
Orangecat wrote on 2020-06-09 10:07:51:
It doesn't change the fact that three for three, lair updates - sudden, expansive lair updates - become deeply emotional events for users. I think devs don't really get that the lair have become rather personal spaces for players. Like your room being rearranged by a well-intentioned parent, a feeling which some users probably hasn't felt in a long while.

This is a good way to put this.
5BsilZ9.png
0zy2W7P.png
eIK5iG7.png
XuRl5B2.png
J7D1quC.png
FObX7rS.png
BTRr72z.png
irlzakv.png
YMPbu9R.png
[quote name="velvetpaws" date="2020-06-09 10:08:12" ] My take on the "wait and let it settle" is that it's because there are a large number of people (myself among them!) who freak out and go AAAAAAAAAA just because something is different from what they're used to, but then *do* get used to it and maybe even like it. If the devs wait for those people to settle down a little, then they can focus their energy on dealing with the issues that actually *are* serious problems for people. There is *so much* feedback for them to wade through right now, with so many different people's needs and wants and suggestions, that it's just going to take time to distill it all down and figure out what's actually necessary and practicable. I literally don't think it's possible for them to do more at this point than say "put your concerns in the suggestion forum so we can see what they are." To me that implies that they *do* want to see our concerns and not lose them in the chaos of the main thread. (I've personally walked back a couple of my initial complaints because after fiddling with things some more, I decided they were okay.) The devs aren't perfect--no one is--but I believe that they're good people and they're trying. And I do feel for the people suffering with pain and anxiety. I know that you feel it's unfair and you shouldn't have to, but...maybe put your comments in suggestions and then take a couple of days' break from the site? Life is stressful right now for a lot of reasons. Be kind to yourselves. ^_^ [/quote] I agree with this. When I first logged on yesterday I was surprised and confused and kind of wanted the old one back. After a while I grew used to a lot of it and now I love it except for a few changes (switching the apparel box with physical info as many people have suggested, as well as adding some kind of color in the section right below the dragon to break up the section outlines because I have trouble focusing on one at a time this way). I tend to freak out because things are different, and I know a LOT of people are the same way. When they said to give it a few days to "get used to it" they mean for people like me who freak out because it's different but after a day or two are fine with it to just calm down and get used to it. People who have anxiety/other problems with the layout, I hear you. I don't get panic attacks or headaches from it but I do have that focus issue and it kind of hurts my eyes sometimes. I can't focus on one thing at a time very easily unless it's broken up with color, like how the old layout had the tan boxes for info. Because of this I skip right over a lot of things or it gets all jumbled in my head. Sometimes my eyes start to hurt because they focus on 10 things and go around to everything and it just doesn't feel great. I can put up with it (no, I'm not trying to say you should and just get over it; I personally can deal with it long enough to do what I need to do) but if you can't try to avoid pages/things that trigger it and I know that can be hard so don't be afraid to take a little break if you need to. If y'all want I can message you when the layout changes so you can pop in every other day or whatever and check for that. Agreeing with another thing said above, it's gonna take longer than a day. Glowtail is different than fixing entire dragon profiles. No, it's not going to take years and years, but it'll take a few days, maybe a week or two at most. Don't count me on that, I don't do coding of any kind, but it'll probably take around that time. Show support for new mockups you like in the suggestions forum and suggest your own tweaks to the design. There's a lot of people suggesting completely different things and until the people who just dislike it because they're not used to something different settle down it's going to be difficult to find a good one. Be safe and stay hydrated y'all.
velvetpaws wrote on 2020-06-09 10:08:12:

I agree with this. When I first logged on yesterday I was surprised and confused and kind of wanted the old one back. After a while I grew used to a lot of it and now I love it except for a few changes (switching the apparel box with physical info as many people have suggested, as well as adding some kind of color in the section right below the dragon to break up the section outlines because I have trouble focusing on one at a time this way).
I tend to freak out because things are different, and I know a LOT of people are the same way. When they said to give it a few days to "get used to it" they mean for people like me who freak out because it's different but after a day or two are fine with it to just calm down and get used to it.
People who have anxiety/other problems with the layout, I hear you. I don't get panic attacks or headaches from it but I do have that focus issue and it kind of hurts my eyes sometimes. I can't focus on one thing at a time very easily unless it's broken up with color, like how the old layout had the tan boxes for info. Because of this I skip right over a lot of things or it gets all jumbled in my head. Sometimes my eyes start to hurt because they focus on 10 things and go around to everything and it just doesn't feel great. I can put up with it (no, I'm not trying to say you should and just get over it; I personally can deal with it long enough to do what I need to do) but if you can't try to avoid pages/things that trigger it and I know that can be hard so don't be afraid to take a little break if you need to. If y'all want I can message you when the layout changes so you can pop in every other day or whatever and check for that.
Agreeing with another thing said above, it's gonna take longer than a day. Glowtail is different than fixing entire dragon profiles. No, it's not going to take years and years, but it'll take a few days, maybe a week or two at most. Don't count me on that, I don't do coding of any kind, but it'll probably take around that time.
Show support for new mockups you like in the suggestions forum and suggest your own tweaks to the design. There's a lot of people suggesting completely different things and until the people who just dislike it because they're not used to something different settle down it's going to be difficult to find a good one.
Be safe and stay hydrated y'all.
  • lapis
  • it/he
  • FR+0
shadow_transbling_by_cicide76536-dciuarc.gif
05e7cb9445ff87030b283d8e5db40be5276d4c0c.gif
I'm giving it a week and if nothing is done about it imma just drop the site for good. The new UI is way too busy and pretty garish to look at.

Hell even now the new lair layout annoys me but I ignored it because I could look at my dragons without problems but now I can't even do that.
I'm giving it a week and if nothing is done about it imma just drop the site for good. The new UI is way too busy and pretty garish to look at.

Hell even now the new lair layout annoys me but I ignored it because I could look at my dragons without problems but now I can't even do that.
91741235.png77876607.png
i don't know, i think it's a little unreasonable to expect changes or even a comment in just 24 hours. glowtail was a pretty simple problem with a simple solution. people wanted the gradient to be smoother and it to actually glow more - problem solved. in suggestions there are a million different complaints with a bunch of different possible solutions. recoding layouts and UI is much more time and labor intensive. i'd expect them to actually wait a bit for more comments and feedback before even suggesting potential changes. a lot of complaints are valid, but i don't really want the devs to immedietly respond to the wave of anger and suggestions before actually considering all possible changes and ideas.
i don't know, i think it's a little unreasonable to expect changes or even a comment in just 24 hours. glowtail was a pretty simple problem with a simple solution. people wanted the gradient to be smoother and it to actually glow more - problem solved. in suggestions there are a million different complaints with a bunch of different possible solutions. recoding layouts and UI is much more time and labor intensive. i'd expect them to actually wait a bit for more comments and feedback before even suggesting potential changes. a lot of complaints are valid, but i don't really want the devs to immedietly respond to the wave of anger and suggestions before actually considering all possible changes and ideas.
SdIF9XK.gif..
raven
she/her • FR+0
» lore
» art shop
» adopts
[quote name="velvetpaws" date="2020-06-09 10:08:12" ] My take on the "wait and let it settle" is that it's because there are a large number of people (myself among them!) who freak out and go AAAAAAAAAA just because something is different from what they're used to, but then *do* get used to it and maybe even like it. If the devs wait for those people to settle down a little, then they can focus their energy on dealing with the issues that actually *are* serious problems for people. There is *so much* feedback for them to wade through right now, with so many different people's needs and wants and suggestions, that it's just going to take time to distill it all down and figure out what's actually necessary and practicable. I literally don't think it's possible for them to do more at this point than say "put your concerns in the suggestion forum so we can see what they are." To me that implies that they *do* want to see our concerns and not lose them in the chaos of the main thread. (I've personally walked back a couple of my initial complaints because after fiddling with things some more, I decided they were okay.) The devs aren't perfect--no one is--but I believe that they're good people and they're trying. And I do feel for the people suffering with pain and anxiety. I know that you feel it's unfair and you shouldn't have to, but...maybe put your comments in suggestions and then take a couple of days' break from the site? Life is stressful right now for a lot of reasons. Be kind to yourselves. ^_^ [/quote] This.
velvetpaws wrote on 2020-06-09 10:08:12:

This.
xYHlfKD.pngtumblr_ovrxykc6Gp1s8e6zvo2_100.png6xezTIv.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10