Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | It's been one (1) full day...
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
@Dracatus For a start, go support Ista's decluttering thread in the Suggestions forum. And remember well that taking away accessibility that already existed is a horrible thing to do. And while individual needs vary wildly, not physically hurting multiple players is like, the absolute bare minimum bar for a site like this.
@Dracatus For a start, go support Ista's decluttering thread in the Suggestions forum. And remember well that taking away accessibility that already existed is a horrible thing to do. And while individual needs vary wildly, not physically hurting multiple players is like, the absolute bare minimum bar for a site like this.
don't like my dragons
At first, I really liked the update. It looked smoother and better and new. But after a couple of days of it...

I'm not diagnosed with anything, so I don't speak for those with serious medical issues. But I feel like the layout is (how to say) "out of order." Many of the boxes feel unnecessary or cluttered. And worse, a lot of them feel like they are in the wrong spot. Like some things need to be bigger (physical info, which I think also needs to be left aligned), moved (battle stones and lineage need to switch places), or some of the icons need to change. It feels a bit overwhelming that everything is on par with the dragon, even though the dragon is supposed to be the main focus.

I know that the staff isn't going to cater to absolutely every need, it's their site and they get to run it how they want to. These are just my personal experiences, and I get what you're saying. The site is making me feel like I have OCD and it overall makes be a bit anxious.

I like the new update, but I feel like the final layout could have been executed in a more digestible way.
At first, I really liked the update. It looked smoother and better and new. But after a couple of days of it...

I'm not diagnosed with anything, so I don't speak for those with serious medical issues. But I feel like the layout is (how to say) "out of order." Many of the boxes feel unnecessary or cluttered. And worse, a lot of them feel like they are in the wrong spot. Like some things need to be bigger (physical info, which I think also needs to be left aligned), moved (battle stones and lineage need to switch places), or some of the icons need to change. It feels a bit overwhelming that everything is on par with the dragon, even though the dragon is supposed to be the main focus.

I know that the staff isn't going to cater to absolutely every need, it's their site and they get to run it how they want to. These are just my personal experiences, and I get what you're saying. The site is making me feel like I have OCD and it overall makes be a bit anxious.

I like the new update, but I feel like the final layout could have been executed in a more digestible way.
most people put something meaningful here...
I really think the devs shouldn't have sprung this on us, if only because they don't have a good perception of what causes some people Brain Pain. Now they have to wait a few days to weed out who's just freaking out over change and who's actually reacting to a real issue. I think most of the changes are good, but there are some cases where there's too many boxes but not enough boundaries.

At least they've fixed the familiar selection page refreshing thing so my most major "disability" complaint with the update is dealt with. (That said, my RSI is my own dang fault, so it's not really comparable, but still)
I really think the devs shouldn't have sprung this on us, if only because they don't have a good perception of what causes some people Brain Pain. Now they have to wait a few days to weed out who's just freaking out over change and who's actually reacting to a real issue. I think most of the changes are good, but there are some cases where there's too many boxes but not enough boundaries.

At least they've fixed the familiar selection page refreshing thing so my most major "disability" complaint with the update is dealt with. (That said, my RSI is my own dang fault, so it's not really comparable, but still)
Professional Grump

I live for memes
I have dyslexia and "modern" design is like the worst thing ever; since when has being clunky and ostentatious been confused with being sleek and easy to use - so disorienting.
I have dyslexia and "modern" design is like the worst thing ever; since when has being clunky and ostentatious been confused with being sleek and easy to use - so disorienting.
[quote name="Residual" date="2020-06-09 07:44:56" ] I think the title speaks to the answer. I said this on a apparently deleted topic but I think the main difference between this and glowtail is how many complaints/suggestions there are. With glowtail I feel like it could be broken down to a few core issues, that and I believe there was actual an error with the art itself when it was uploaded. There are a lot of suggestions and complaints to go through. I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to change things in under two days or come out saying they plan on changing anything. [/quote] Just quoting this because I think this is the perfect, and perfectly reasonable answer. People cannot expect everything to be changed on the spot. Appreciate the time it takes developers to make careful considerations y'all
Residual wrote on 2020-06-09 07:44:56:
I think the title speaks to the answer.

I said this on a apparently deleted topic but I think the main difference between this and glowtail is how many complaints/suggestions there are. With glowtail I feel like it could be broken down to a few core issues, that and I believe there was actual an error with the art itself when it was uploaded.

There are a lot of suggestions and complaints to go through. I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to change things in under two days or come out saying they plan on changing anything.

Just quoting this because I think this is the perfect, and perfectly reasonable answer.
People cannot expect everything to be changed on the spot. Appreciate the time it takes developers to make careful considerations y'all
Im not the biggest fan on how cluttered the profiles are but I dont really have any drastic issues like the ones you've said. I do get a little anxious, but I usually get that way in every game at some point.

But I understand how you feel and Im sorry you cant view your beautiful dragons :c
Im not the biggest fan on how cluttered the profiles are but I dont really have any drastic issues like the ones you've said. I do get a little anxious, but I usually get that way in every game at some point.

But I understand how you feel and Im sorry you cant view your beautiful dragons :c
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/raf/3084436#post_3084436 Get yourself some free dragons before they go in goop mom’s goo
It's been a few days, and I still dislike the new setup. I can possibly get over some things, but my dislike for the stupid apparel boxes is so strong that I'm tempted to convert to a nearly ancient-only lair. Their pages look so much cleaner (at least, at the top) without the stupid apparel boxes.
It's been a few days, and I still dislike the new setup. I can possibly get over some things, but my dislike for the stupid apparel boxes is so strong that I'm tempted to convert to a nearly ancient-only lair. Their pages look so much cleaner (at least, at the top) without the stupid apparel boxes.
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
I like it a lot- but it seems to have too many options and is rather cluttered.
I am slightly autistic and have SPD, but I haven't been having too many issues with its function, just design.

Glowtail was interesting. I guess because it was an easyish fix that involved moving around some shading- not months and months of work for the anniversary. I would have liked some more dev response in general, but everything they said was perfectly valid, if not what you wanted to hear.

Echoing some other users concerns- yeah, stupid apparel boxes. We probably aren't getting a revamp now, though.
:\

I like it a lot- but it seems to have too many options and is rather cluttered.
I am slightly autistic and have SPD, but I haven't been having too many issues with its function, just design.

Glowtail was interesting. I guess because it was an easyish fix that involved moving around some shading- not months and months of work for the anniversary. I would have liked some more dev response in general, but everything they said was perfectly valid, if not what you wanted to hear.

Echoing some other users concerns- yeah, stupid apparel boxes. We probably aren't getting a revamp now, though.
:\

Wannabe pilot
She/her
Uniquely terrible at making good signatures
[quote name="Residual" date="2020-06-09 07:44:56" ] I think the title speaks to the answer. I said this on a apparently deleted topic but I think the main difference between this and glowtail is how many complaints/suggestions there are. With glowtail I feel like it could be broken down to a few core issues, that and I believe there was actual an error with the art itself when it was uploaded. There are a lot of suggestions and complaints to go through. I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to change things in under two days or come out saying they plan on changing anything. [/quote] [i]in short, chill out dude if it causes you pain bro just like leave or smn at least until the devs can DO something about it you can't expect them to actually be able to just whammo fix it bc your brain hurts???
Residual wrote on 2020-06-09 07:44:56:
I think the title speaks to the answer.

I said this on a apparently deleted topic but I think the main difference between this and glowtail is how many complaints/suggestions there are. With glowtail I feel like it could be broken down to a few core issues, that and I believe there was actual an error with the art itself when it was uploaded.

There are a lot of suggestions and complaints to go through. I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to change things in under two days or come out saying they plan on changing anything.
in short, chill out dude
if it causes you pain bro just
like leave or smn

at least until the devs can DO something about it
you can't expect them to actually be able to just whammo fix it bc your brain hurts???
tumblr_ospvc67HxP1v8lm95o1_r2_250.gif || drearie
|| she/her
|| bi
|| worm king
|| anthem
[quote name="EarthTiger" date="2020-06-10 08:23:35" ] It's been a few days, and I still dislike the new setup. I can possibly get over some things, but my dislike for the stupid apparel boxes is so strong that I'm tempted to convert to a nearly ancient-only lair. Their pages look so much cleaner (at least, at the top) without the stupid apparel boxes. [/quote] Yeah, I think the apparel boxes are the biggest problem for me. Now they are in one of the most prominent places, the very first place your eyes go when you look at the page! It's so distracting. Whenever I see permababies or ancients, their pages look SO much better just because there aren't a bunch of ugly apparel boxes there.
EarthTiger wrote on 2020-06-10 08:23:35:
Yeah, I think the apparel boxes are the biggest problem for me. Now they are in one of the most prominent places, the very first place your eyes go when you look at the page! It's so distracting. Whenever I see permababies or ancients, their pages look SO much better just because there aren't a bunch of ugly apparel boxes there.
1185.png 1186.png 1187.png 1188.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10