Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I weep forever
1 2 3
@Orangecat
YES. Leave the apparel and skin pages as they were but implement the search system. Having to click more just to get to the dressing page is just a huge turn off for dressing dragons now, and I was LITERALLY starting to seriously dress dragons too.
@Orangecat
YES. Leave the apparel and skin pages as they were but implement the search system. Having to click more just to get to the dressing page is just a huge turn off for dressing dragons now, and I was LITERALLY starting to seriously dress dragons too.
sN7OFwo.pngGbuT06g.pngcDKoVmo.pngypkYF0y.pnggIVnoKR.pngAK7QxV1.pngTz9zkEa.png
6JqFst1.png
8xADJuh.png
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-06-08 22:48:48" ] The positives: Backgrounds Ability to sort familiars in the equip page Ability to name familiars Ability to sort apparel ^ Note that I can engage with these feature as much or as little as I want to ^ The negatives: Awful new dragon layout that detracts from the dragon Awful layout that leaves "this is missing" boxes and empty floaty space everywhere Awful layout that's extremely cluttered with buttons that aren't needed, in sizes much too large and out of place Apparel selection stuck into pages that you have to load individually ^ Note that these are "features" I have no ability to opt out of ^ Edit: And another bad, scenes are overpriced for being single-use. They should've worked like vistas and had a slightly higher price-point (~100k or so) [/quote] I pretty much agree with all of this :/ as much as I love the positives mentioned here, the clutter and just general... unwieldy feeling? of the overall profiles makes everything feel far more clunky than it should be. I know that the bigger buttons are for those who play mobile (I know, I do it too -- the smaller buttons were a nightmare to deal with), but the amount of space they take up on desktop just. irks me for some reason.
Contaminate wrote on 2020-06-08 22:48:48:
The positives:

Backgrounds
Ability to sort familiars in the equip page
Ability to name familiars
Ability to sort apparel

^ Note that I can engage with these feature as much or as little as I want to ^

The negatives:

Awful new dragon layout that detracts from the dragon
Awful layout that leaves "this is missing" boxes and empty floaty space everywhere
Awful layout that's extremely cluttered with buttons that aren't needed, in sizes much too large and out of place
Apparel selection stuck into pages that you have to load individually

^ Note that these are "features" I have no ability to opt out of ^

Edit: And another bad, scenes are overpriced for being single-use. They should've worked like vistas and had a slightly higher price-point (~100k or so)
I pretty much agree with all of this :/ as much as I love the positives mentioned here, the clutter and just general... unwieldy feeling? of the overall profiles makes everything feel far more clunky than it should be.

I know that the bigger buttons are for those who play mobile (I know, I do it too -- the smaller buttons were a nightmare to deal with), but the amount of space they take up on desktop just. irks me for some reason.
N i c k
"Fear not the night."
→ he/him
dd9d37c13149d4412f933c2662309cbb42245e81.png
[quote name="Orangecat" date="2020-06-09 01:10:07" ] [quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-06-08 22:48:48" ] Apparel selection stuck into pages that you have to load individually. [/quote] I don't feel like dressing a dragon anymore. It's so tedious with billionty clicks whereas the old scroll all garment is fun and impulsive. The most eye catching part is the buy gems button, while the most important area, the apparel themselves felt like an afterthought. Give back the old all apparel scroll, enlarge the scroll section, filter it using the same interface used by the familiar selection. [/quote] While I'm not great at remembering apparel names I'm pretty sure the new way will be easier on mobile users at the very least. 42 pages of apparel made for a lot of scrolling :/
Orangecat wrote on 2020-06-09 01:10:07:
Contaminate wrote on 2020-06-08 22:48:48:

Apparel selection stuck into pages that you have to load individually.

I don't feel like dressing a dragon anymore. It's so tedious with billionty clicks whereas the old scroll all garment is fun and impulsive.

The most eye catching part is the buy gems button, while the most important area, the apparel themselves felt like an afterthought. Give back the old all apparel scroll, enlarge the scroll section, filter it using the same interface used by the familiar selection.

While I'm not great at remembering apparel names I'm pretty sure the new way will be easier on mobile users at the very least. 42 pages of apparel made for a lot of scrolling :/
mothsmall.png7jZclF3.gifdaintysmallup-2.png
It takes some getting used to, but I really like the new layout! :D

Also, you don't have to click more buttons to get to the dressing page than before? It's still one button to go to the dressing page? :o

Also, you can actually drag the apparel on mobile now, which is amazing

Also, you don't have to click more buttons to get to the dressing page than before? It's still one button to go to the dressing page? :o

Confusing Parchment Scrap [Milo | He/Him]

> Weekly Raffles

> Egg Hatching

> Dragon Sales

> Wishlist

> About Me

> Buying Grinding

> Commissions

> Art Dump

> Fandragons
I absolutely LOVE the new bio layout. Oh well, for the people who don't.
Light-and-Shadow-Bonsai.png
[quote name="MaybeHuman" date="2020-06-09 03:56:19" ] It takes some getting used to, but I really like the new layout! :D Also, you don't have to click more buttons to get to the dressing page than before? It's still one button to go to the dressing page? :o Also, you can actually drag the apparel on mobile now, which is amazing [/quote] The act of dressing is problematic. you could put on a relatively new apparel, then think, huh, this could use a silk scarf, scroll up and then decide to change it to an aviator scarf, pick a necklace, go huh this is the same combo as one of the mage apparel, yep, lets put these socks - without clicking one single pagination button or knowing any apparel name or colour. and using only existing items in your hoard. Dressing room's interface is very nice for its purpose, but it doesn't work when working with a limited set of apparels. And the current apparel selection managed to do worse.
MaybeHuman wrote on 2020-06-09 03:56:19:

The act of dressing is problematic. you could put on a relatively new apparel, then think, huh, this could use a silk scarf, scroll up and then decide to change it to an aviator scarf, pick a necklace, go huh this is the same combo as one of the mage apparel, yep, lets put these socks - without clicking one single pagination button or knowing any apparel name or colour. and using only existing items in your hoard.

Dressing room's interface is very nice for its purpose, but it doesn't work when working with a limited set of apparels. And the current apparel selection managed to do worse.
OcyPyoj.png
@orangecat

Yeah, I get that,, I usually only keep the apparel I need for a dragon on me, so it doesn't bother me as much ^^'

What I meant was getting to the dressing page itself, since I've seen people arguing that it takes more clicks to get to the page? c:
@orangecat

Yeah, I get that,, I usually only keep the apparel I need for a dragon on me, so it doesn't bother me as much ^^'

What I meant was getting to the dressing page itself, since I've seen people arguing that it takes more clicks to get to the page? c:

> Weekly Raffles

> Egg Hatching

> Dragon Sales

> Wishlist

> About Me

> Buying Grinding

> Commissions

> Art Dump

> Fandragons
[quote name="MaybeHuman" date="2020-06-09 04:28:25" ] @orangecat Yeah, I get that,, I usually only keep the apparel I need for a dragon on me, so it doesn't bother me as much ^^' What I meant was getting to the dressing page itself, since I've seen people arguing that it takes more clicks to get to the page? c: [/quote] The 'Apparel' title above the apparel boxes does not convey ' I am part of the page's interface', thus people click the glaringly obvious 'Customize' button instead.
MaybeHuman wrote on 2020-06-09 04:28:25:
@orangecat

The 'Apparel' title above the apparel boxes does not convey ' I am part of the page's interface', thus people click the glaringly obvious 'Customize' button instead.
OcyPyoj.png
@orangecat

I mean it's still there though? You can click the apparel button and even the skin and scene buttons underneath,, Sure, it's a bit hidden, but if it wasn't there would be too many large buttons ://
I feel like the interface is pretty good at the moment, even if it takes time to get used to it ^^'
@orangecat

I mean it's still there though? You can click the apparel button and even the skin and scene buttons underneath,, Sure, it's a bit hidden, but if it wasn't there would be too many large buttons ://
I feel like the interface is pretty good at the moment, even if it takes time to get used to it ^^'

> Weekly Raffles

> Egg Hatching

> Dragon Sales

> Wishlist

> About Me

> Buying Grinding

> Commissions

> Art Dump

> Fandragons
[quote name="Forestwolf" date="2020-06-09 04:04:26" ] I absolutely LOVE the new bio layout. Oh well, for the people who don't. [/quote] Where the bio is itself is fine, everything else is just waaayyyyy too close and cluttered. Day 2 with it and yeah, it's legit giving me a headache with how much stuff is piled on this "rework". I continue to weep for a legacy switch option. I could absolutely do without this whole setup, it feels super forced and intrusive. happy trails for people who adore it though i guess :/
Forestwolf wrote on 2020-06-09 04:04:26:
Where the bio is itself is fine, everything else is just waaayyyyy too close and cluttered. Day 2 with it and yeah, it's legit giving me a headache with how much stuff is piled on this "rework".

I continue to weep for a legacy switch option. I could absolutely do without this whole setup, it feels super forced and intrusive. happy trails for people who adore it though i guess :/
1 2 3