Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What are y'all's saving techniques?
1 2 3 4
My secret to saving is actually letting myself spend. It is way, way easier for me to save if I keep a certain predetermined amount on hand and go "okay, this is my spending money, I can spend it on whatever I want, but I only have that amount. Anything over a certain amount goes into the vault for saving."

This might work out slower if someone cycles through purge/replace in their lair very fast, or if they spend a lot on apparel, but for my own spending/saving habits, it works out very nicely to make me feel like I'm able to impulse buy and have fun however I like but still steadily tucking money away into the vault for whatever goal I'm working on.
My secret to saving is actually letting myself spend. It is way, way easier for me to save if I keep a certain predetermined amount on hand and go "okay, this is my spending money, I can spend it on whatever I want, but I only have that amount. Anything over a certain amount goes into the vault for saving."

This might work out slower if someone cycles through purge/replace in their lair very fast, or if they spend a lot on apparel, but for my own spending/saving habits, it works out very nicely to make me feel like I'm able to impulse buy and have fun however I like but still steadily tucking money away into the vault for whatever goal I'm working on.
stay away from the auction house and don't let myself think about any project but the one im saving for atm lol
stay away from the auction house and don't let myself think about any project but the one im saving for atm lol
The eyes of Lio Fotia and Galo Thymos from Promare in official art by Hiroyuki Imaishi staring dramatically past the viewer. There is a ball of fire in their colors (blue, pink, and white) between them
The innate fear that you won't have enough money when a retired UMA you're after finally hits the AH
The innate fear that you won't have enough money when a retired UMA you're after finally hits the AH
badgesmall.png Barghest subspecies

Qilin Subspecies

Warlocke
I'm very bad about saving long-term but I can do short-term saving just fine. I work on saving up enough t/g for a single project, finish it, then work on saving for the next. It's most effective for me anyway. I'm that person who feels extremely stressed to have money saved up for some reason lol.
I'm very bad about saving long-term but I can do short-term saving just fine. I work on saving up enough t/g for a single project, finish it, then work on saving for the next. It's most effective for me anyway. I'm that person who feels extremely stressed to have money saved up for some reason lol.
vDH0pGc.png
I'm just blessed to be incredibly stingy. I have never even used the vault for currency, I just have it all out all the time. Currently my goal is to get 1750 gems at least and I'm at 912, so it seems to be going good.
I'm just blessed to be incredibly stingy. I have never even used the vault for currency, I just have it all out all the time. Currently my goal is to get 1750 gems at least and I'm at 912, so it seems to be going good.
OULXEBm.pngXNpWuEJ.png
Moderately vaulting is a good idea. I like keeping 30kt and 10g on me, while the rest goes to the vault.
Moderately vaulting is a good idea. I like keeping 30kt and 10g on me, while the rest goes to the vault.
rIjWU7i.png • rain
• irl creacher
• fr +3
• pls drink water
mm leaf.png oC8BwLW.pngscruffy.png
Honestly I vault any amount of treasure bigger than 5kt and any amount of gems. Is it practical for all the times I need something from the AH? No. But at least I get a healthy dose of shame every time I visit my vault for impulse-buy money.
Honestly I vault any amount of treasure bigger than 5kt and any amount of gems. Is it practical for all the times I need something from the AH? No. But at least I get a healthy dose of shame every time I visit my vault for impulse-buy money.
TVFeljP.png About Me
FR+0
Every time I buy something (for treasure) I grind in Fairgrounds for a day or two to make up at least some of the difference.

When I'm not being lazy that is... lol
Every time I buy something (for treasure) I grind in Fairgrounds for a day or two to make up at least some of the difference.

When I'm not being lazy that is... lol
sJmKU07.gifa8FvSEr.png9dYW39C.png
I've been cutting back on impulse buying... well, since I bought a handful of fandragons. But now that I have no ROOM to impulse buy...

To be serious, while I did buy a whole bunch of dragons for fan dragons, I don't buy a dragon unless I've already done a scry and am looking for specific colors. I don't buy familiars or apparel except for one at the start of the month. Or it's the last piece of an outfit I need.

That's pretty much all there is to it. I did vault a bunch of gems I'm saving for a UMA so I don't accidentally spend them, but that's it.
I've been cutting back on impulse buying... well, since I bought a handful of fandragons. But now that I have no ROOM to impulse buy...

To be serious, while I did buy a whole bunch of dragons for fan dragons, I don't buy a dragon unless I've already done a scry and am looking for specific colors. I don't buy familiars or apparel except for one at the start of the month. Or it's the last piece of an outfit I need.

That's pretty much all there is to it. I did vault a bunch of gems I'm saving for a UMA so I don't accidentally spend them, but that's it.
lAH9HaN.pngN6Ssoyw.png
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2897429/7#post_44529631
dont

i have a money tracker spreadsheet that i log my total profit each day, having a goal and seeing the money left makes me happy.
dont

i have a money tracker spreadsheet that i log my total profit each day, having a goal and seeing the money left makes me happy.

pride_inkino.png

- wilbur / noctuid
- it/he/xe
- fr+3

.......................................................................................................................................

formerly myceliium -
always collecting mimic powder -

sEBxtxA.png
eGiN2Xv.png
mxk5Q9c.png
1 2 3 4