Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The UMA in Roundsey give me bad vibes
1 2 3 4
Oh, good! It's no problem, thanks for fixing it so quickly. I'm also glad to hear this was a pesky autocorrect, and not someone setting up roundsey while exhausted, overworking themselves and writing the wrong thing by accident. Take care of yourselves <3
Oh, good! It's no problem, thanks for fixing it so quickly. I'm also glad to hear this was a pesky autocorrect, and not someone setting up roundsey while exhausted, overworking themselves and writing the wrong thing by accident. Take care of yourselves <3
JxXWPTT.png
Coli guide
_ BjzISWz.png
FR Goals
_ 9gI0bgp.png
Art shop
_ Undying-Featherback.png
Lair map
_ Rat-King.png
Pixels
_ 4bPVjcz.png
Site
_ Venomous-Toridae.png
BBCode guide
_ WAYSTONECROPPED.gif
Aequorin: Springly Sprouts
Autocorrect: HUE HUE HUE LETS MAKE FR MAD AT THE ADMINS Spring Sprouts
Aequorin: WHAT NO AUTOCORRECT NO
Aequorin: Springly Sprouts
Autocorrect: HUE HUE HUE LETS MAKE FR MAD AT THE ADMINS Spring Sprouts
Aequorin: WHAT NO AUTOCORRECT NO
And if a silence filled the air do you think that anyone would even care? Would they be aware... of the mounting snow...
[quote name="Bowno" date="2020-04-29 03:05:15" ] @/Heart I don't want to spam the thread with my list of screenies, so I'll link you to one of the other threads I made mention of it on. https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2847564/6#post_42943320 [/quote] I appreciate this and you're right, either the meaning of "retired" has been changed a bit or the Staff changed their minds. I personally think it's both, and that's okay because it's for a better experience for all new players. Originally, the Staff didn't want to re-release any retired items in any way, however after seeing an influx of more players coming to play and the amount of limited festival items dwindling more and more, leaving the majority of users outside the possibility to obtain specific items for non-astronomical prices, this sort of choice was made. The Staff made a choice to reintroduce retired items and not release them the way they were originally obtained by. It keeps items in circulation and I think that's a great way to do it.
Bowno wrote on 2020-04-29 03:05:15:
@/Heart
I don't want to spam the thread with my list of screenies, so I'll link you to one of the other threads I made mention of it on.
https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2847564/6#post_42943320

I appreciate this and you're right, either the meaning of "retired" has been changed a bit or the Staff changed their minds. I personally think it's both, and that's okay because it's for a better experience for all new players. Originally, the Staff didn't want to re-release any retired items in any way, however after seeing an influx of more players coming to play and the amount of limited festival items dwindling more and more, leaving the majority of users outside the possibility to obtain specific items for non-astronomical prices, this sort of choice was made. The Staff made a choice to reintroduce retired items and not release them the way they were originally obtained by. It keeps items in circulation and I think that's a great way to do it.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
Autocorrect:

Pros: keeps you from sending out small spelling errors, makes typing faster

Cons: generates new, more serious errors for you to send out

(Thanks autocorrect. No, I'm pretty sure I spelled my name right. No, seriously, you don't need to fix it for me. No, for the 10th time, my name is spelled how I want it to be spelled.)
Autocorrect:

Pros: keeps you from sending out small spelling errors, makes typing faster

Cons: generates new, more serious errors for you to send out

(Thanks autocorrect. No, I'm pretty sure I spelled my name right. No, seriously, you don't need to fix it for me. No, for the 10th time, my name is spelled how I want it to be spelled.)
I'm really glad this was fixed quickly!

@Choccie
It's okay! Life happens. Skycat's a good example.

@Bowno
Natron covered a lot of what I think on that post you linked, but I'm gonna chip in and mention an example:

I've once played on a different pet site that has lots of 5+ year items that were slated as "retired/event", but since the item pool was incredibly swamped with "retired/event" items + the user base was small, the admins of the mentioned site ended up occasionally injecting some of them in similar events, but as an RNG drop from quests.

So I see it as the FR staff did this by keeping the economy in mind (it's even mentioned in the announcement thread), and realized that they couldn't wholly comply with the old posts, as open registration made the user base grow significantly. Just like how they've paused on changing how the stats in the Coliseum would work when it was originally meant to be included with the Coliseum revamp: a good chunk of income comes from exalting.
I'm really glad this was fixed quickly!

@Choccie
It's okay! Life happens. Skycat's a good example.

@Bowno
Natron covered a lot of what I think on that post you linked, but I'm gonna chip in and mention an example:

I've once played on a different pet site that has lots of 5+ year items that were slated as "retired/event", but since the item pool was incredibly swamped with "retired/event" items + the user base was small, the admins of the mentioned site ended up occasionally injecting some of them in similar events, but as an RNG drop from quests.

So I see it as the FR staff did this by keeping the economy in mind (it's even mentioned in the announcement thread), and realized that they couldn't wholly comply with the old posts, as open registration made the user base grow significantly. Just like how they've paused on changing how the stats in the Coliseum would work when it was originally meant to be included with the Coliseum revamp: a good chunk of income comes from exalting.
Avatar Dragon: Link / Tiny Dragon by AmberscaleArt. Teba
Masterpost of Guides
Fandragons
Regular
Temple of Time Hatchery
Oh, I totally missed this! What did the UMA look like? I'm super curious lol
Oh, I totally missed this! What did the UMA look like? I'm super curious lol
677fd66ff5b1d302249c98d4a1eb713daa76e28e.gif

8b02ad3c65b6b4b87011423eae92aa9999ab549f.gif
I am also very curious what skin was there before
I am also very curious what skin was there before
@Cancel @dingushi This was the one up in there originally. You can see how close the names were [item=Accent: Spring Sprouts]
@Cancel @dingushi
This was the one up in there originally. You can see how close the names were
Accent: Spring Sprouts
sBdLZtA.png
[quote name="Contaminate" date="2020-05-01 16:13:01" ] @/Cancel @/dingushi This was the one up in there originally. You can see how close the names were [item=Accent: Spring Sprouts] [/quote] I was coming in, about to say "it's obviously a fest accent, what's the deal"? Thanks for showing the original, I was about to call y'all crazy haha I hadn't seen what they originally put in Roundsey
Contaminate wrote on 2020-05-01 16:13:01:
@/Cancel @/dingushi
This was the one up in there originally. You can see how close the names were
Accent: Spring Sprouts

I was coming in, about to say "it's obviously a fest accent, what's the deal"? Thanks for showing the original, I was about to call y'all crazy haha I hadn't seen what they originally put in Roundsey
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
1 2 3 4