Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | The UMA in Roundsey give me bad vibes
1 2 3 4
[s]So, clearly the creator hasn't been online in years (NamedDame's last post was 2017), left before [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/ann/2510405]Roundsey[/url] was even a thing.[/s] They've got some Jan 2020 hatches so can confirm they've been lurking at least I'd like to think the staff wouldn't just up and duplicate user-created content without permission from the creator, but like... It seems to be pointing that way, and I know of more than a few accent artist that would definitely not want their work printed like that. Really I'd just like confirmation that the artist was asked before their accent was duplicated, or maybe all 15 were donated by someone who just really was into the accent. Edit: We have a sound theory [quote name="ScarlettHound" date="2020-04-29 02:21:38" ] There's a festival skin called "springly sprouts" - even though the IDs aren't close, maybe some typo somewhere? [skin=10527] [/quote] Edit 2: It’s been fixed! We solved the mystery
So, clearly the creator hasn't been online in years (NamedDame's last post was 2017), left before Roundsey was even a thing. They've got some Jan 2020 hatches so can confirm they've been lurking at least

I'd like to think the staff wouldn't just up and duplicate user-created content without permission from the creator, but like... It seems to be pointing that way, and I know of more than a few accent artist that would definitely not want their work printed like that.

Really I'd just like confirmation that the artist was asked before their accent was duplicated, or maybe all 15 were donated by someone who just really was into the accent.

Edit: We have a sound theory
ScarlettHound wrote on 2020-04-29 02:21:38:
There's a festival skin called "springly sprouts" - even though the IDs aren't close, maybe some typo somewhere?

Edit 2: It’s been fixed! We solved the mystery
sBdLZtA.png
I was searching the background of this accent and came to the same conclusion too. We'd like an official statement clarify this particular incident and their stance in the future. If this is what we think (but hoped NOT) the case, I feel a lot, A LOT, of artists will just leave.

Very bad for FR health.
I was searching the background of this accent and came to the same conclusion too. We'd like an official statement clarify this particular incident and their stance in the future. If this is what we think (but hoped NOT) the case, I feel a lot, A LOT, of artists will just leave.

Very bad for FR health.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
it looks very strange.
it looks very strange.
Wait isn't this just a fest accent??

EDIT : apparently not? Isn't this maybe just an error during the input of the skin's code?? Seems weird

EDIT 2: Apparently a skin named "Springly Sprouts" won a greenskeeper contest. Maybe this one was meant to be given out?
Wait isn't this just a fest accent??

EDIT : apparently not? Isn't this maybe just an error during the input of the skin's code?? Seems weird

EDIT 2: Apparently a skin named "Springly Sprouts" won a greenskeeper contest. Maybe this one was meant to be given out?
4BheGMt.png
CSewt7J.png
4MTkm8J.png
HxL61bT.png
HyCW0z4.png
dEo6ta2.png

EuremaIgnis.png

Q7s2M.gifKBKnm.gifYExID.gifFRQ6L.gif5Pa6H.gifwcD44.gif
I looked up their profile and they have a number of gen1s hatched January 1st of this year, so it could be that they still check in every now and then. [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=58129632] [img]https://flightrising.com/rendern/350/581297/58129632_350.png[/img][/url] I assumed this was a fest accent, but the description usually says that it is, bug this one doesn't. Hmm.
I looked up their profile and they have a number of gen1s hatched January 1st of this year, so it could be that they still check in every now and then.

58129632_350.png

I assumed this was a fest accent, but the description usually says that it is, bug this one doesn't. Hmm.
H5wuRUy.png
From my rotting body,
flowers shall grow
and I am in them,
and that is eternity.
- Edvard Munch
Bioluminescent

There IS a fest skin called 'springly sprouts'. Could it be another typo by staff that they accidentally put 'spring sprouts' instead of 'springly sprouts'? I hope that is the case.
I found a possible explanation.

There IS a fest skin called 'springly sprouts'. Could it be another typo by staff that they accidentally put 'spring sprouts' instead of 'springly sprouts'? I hope that is the case.
hatfrbanner-zps77e423a6_orig.pngpinksaphire-zpsf5iyzhbb_orig.gif
That's most likely it. Probably just a mistype.
That's most likely it. Probably just a mistype.
H5wuRUy.png
From my rotting body,
flowers shall grow
and I am in them,
and that is eternity.
- Edvard Munch
Bioluminescent
Seeing they've been at least semi-active, as far as Jan anyway makes me feel a bit better that they could've given permission to make their accent into raffle prizes.
sBdLZtA.png
I originally assumed it was just one of those really old skins that used to be in the Marketplace. That is kind of weird. I'd assume they asked permission, but if the artist hasn't really been active... Unless one of the staff knows them in real life? It's just kind of weird.

They've been running the site long enough that I don't think they'd do something so blatantly stupid, unless there was a mistake/miscommunication somewhere.

Edit: I don't know how the coding works, but a similarly-named accent sounds plausible. Though that would bring up a bit of controversy for the players who already bought tickets.
I originally assumed it was just one of those really old skins that used to be in the Marketplace. That is kind of weird. I'd assume they asked permission, but if the artist hasn't really been active... Unless one of the staff knows them in real life? It's just kind of weird.

They've been running the site long enough that I don't think they'd do something so blatantly stupid, unless there was a mistake/miscommunication somewhere.

Edit: I don't know how the coding works, but a similarly-named accent sounds plausible. Though that would bring up a bit of controversy for the players who already bought tickets.
med_fish_smol.pngsplish_smol.png
also agreed it could be a type from the fest skin, the ids are pretty close too
also agreed it could be a type from the fest skin, the ids are pretty close too
sBdLZtA.png
1 2 3 4