Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how do you not buy dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I also prioritize working on my lore dragons, which means the majority of my funds go to new accessories & accents so I'm usually too broke to even go through the AH anyway haha. I'm also very, very picky about what kinds of dragons I keep and I like to maintain a small lair. I'm actually rather envious of those that can keep a 5-10 dragon lair! I think having a theme also helps, so even if I think a dragon is pretty, if it doesn't have xyz traits that match my lair aesthetic, I won't get it. :)
I also prioritize working on my lore dragons, which means the majority of my funds go to new accessories & accents so I'm usually too broke to even go through the AH anyway haha. I'm also very, very picky about what kinds of dragons I keep and I like to maintain a small lair. I'm actually rather envious of those that can keep a 5-10 dragon lair! I think having a theme also helps, so even if I think a dragon is pretty, if it doesn't have xyz traits that match my lair aesthetic, I won't get it. :)
sleepytroll.gif
I've reached the point where most dragons for sale hardly interest me at all (I've been playing FR for almost 6 years), and I basically have to create my own dragons now either through regening or breeding projects. Unless you've got a really striking XYZ or your hatchery specializes in unusual gene/colour combos, most dragons nowadays just look all the same to me. They're all triple gem genes on Skydancers, Wildclaws, Imperials, or Coatls and it's so uninspiring.

Clearly there's a market for them, or else people wouldn't buy them (and therefore people wouldn't breed them), but I will never understand why anyone would want a lair full of the exact same dragons with the only difference being colour.

So I do buy dragons, but they're basically breeding stock for projects to help me get my desired colour combo.
I've reached the point where most dragons for sale hardly interest me at all (I've been playing FR for almost 6 years), and I basically have to create my own dragons now either through regening or breeding projects. Unless you've got a really striking XYZ or your hatchery specializes in unusual gene/colour combos, most dragons nowadays just look all the same to me. They're all triple gem genes on Skydancers, Wildclaws, Imperials, or Coatls and it's so uninspiring.

Clearly there's a market for them, or else people wouldn't buy them (and therefore people wouldn't breed them), but I will never understand why anyone would want a lair full of the exact same dragons with the only difference being colour.

So I do buy dragons, but they're basically breeding stock for projects to help me get my desired colour combo.
YrlvOd9.pngQ47Y0lm.png
I limit myself to gen 1s and Imperials.
I limit myself to gen 1s and Imperials.
Seeking Gen1 Flaxen/Midnight,Steel-Abyss/Midnight,Steel-Abyss
KHOiAv3.pnglPpogfJ.pngxGzwQab.pngwsU1mG4.pngdO6FQIW.pnghrbqzip.png7ESWNLx.png7XPr7wW.pngTBH15GG.pngHGGhJuM.pngRYy3HXn.pngU4YPA7B.pngB5yHFLM.png

scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

Koi%20Signature_zpsphzlcqrx.png[/columns]v2.png

oc4pg8L.png

lightsmall3_by_lichtdrache-da7ztog.png

JscoHOG.png

SgonDOb.png
@Tammoratya
hi, i believe this to be you
@Tammoratya
hi, i believe this to be you
@Faolana

listen I just limit myself to one breed. or try to. I'm trying to cut down my mirror g1s again. at least I'm only buying pretty spirals.
@Faolana

listen I just limit myself to one breed. or try to. I'm trying to cut down my mirror g1s again. at least I'm only buying pretty spirals.
m5NMmDh.png
@Tammoratya
I believe that, but those impulse buys aren't going away anytime soon :P
@Tammoratya
I believe that, but those impulse buys aren't going away anytime soon :P
by having a complete lair. I've relaxed my rules with the HD a bit, but typically, if I want a new perma dragon, I have to exalt an old one.
by having a complete lair. I've relaxed my rules with the HD a bit, but typically, if I want a new perma dragon, I have to exalt an old one.
Silver Pocketwatch Copper Pocketwatch
I have NO idea. I have SO many dragons. And I only want more. I wish I could have 1,000 dragons. More than that, 10,000 dragons. There are just too many amazing color and gene combos for me to resist.
I have NO idea. I have SO many dragons. And I only want more. I wish I could have 1,000 dragons. More than that, 10,000 dragons. There are just too many amazing color and gene combos for me to resist.
I don't have a clue, do you? // Aberrant Cauldron Project
Have 0 lair space. I literally have 2 lair space and it's painful, but I will not buy anyone until I get more! Otherwise I will not have room for fodder.
Have 0 lair space. I literally have 2 lair space and it's painful, but I will not buy anyone until I get more! Otherwise I will not have room for fodder.
jCVhFoZ.gif
I yeet them to Glademama.
I yeet them to Glademama.
vckV4Hu.pngnbYcIeA.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7