Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | how do you not buy dragons?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Easy and hard. I have a strict list of colours I follow that are allowed in my lair. So if that dragon (G1) doesn't have the correct colours, I won't buy (but the ones that have incorrect colours aren't pretty to me so I guess I don't have to fight myself)

Whenever I see a pretty G1 with fitting colours, I buy. But hey, if I had no pending lore plans, I probably wouldn't buy them. Try to work on some sort of to-do list and write down what you want to do and achieve in the future, it might help with curbing your desires.
Easy and hard. I have a strict list of colours I follow that are allowed in my lair. So if that dragon (G1) doesn't have the correct colours, I won't buy (but the ones that have incorrect colours aren't pretty to me so I guess I don't have to fight myself)

Whenever I see a pretty G1 with fitting colours, I buy. But hey, if I had no pending lore plans, I probably wouldn't buy them. Try to work on some sort of to-do list and write down what you want to do and achieve in the future, it might help with curbing your desires.
Link to art shopLink to skin shopImage depicting a large blue crab carrying produce on their back, its purpose being a background element for the signatureLink to a personal log thread containing various different links, information and sources
if they aren't a g1, i likely won't buy

fodder has no limits tho
if they aren't a g1, i likely won't buy

fodder has no limits tho
I just don't not.
BUY ALL THE DERGS
I just don't not.
BUY ALL THE DERGS
Gr15mqs.png
I6Ay4yi.gifwLQRY4q.gif
1. be poor
2. have very limited or no lair space
3. have too many projects on your damn plate already
1. be poor
2. have very limited or no lair space
3. have too many projects on your damn plate already
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Sailor
she/he
milkchai-cacat.png
every drop of money -> vault = no impulse buys (atleast for me. i manage to forget my money unless i need to use it)
every drop of money -> vault = no impulse buys (atleast for me. i manage to forget my money unless i need to use it)
he him / usually only log on to do dailys
It's a combination of mostly pickiness and keeping myself busy. This site has really taught me a lot of my impulse control over the years lol.

Ive gotten a lot more picky with my dragons since I've started, and although there are a lot of super pretty dragons out there, I learned that most of them are just dragons I like to look at but not actually own. I just want to appreciate them in the moment, and I would likely lose interest in them quickly if I bought them and had them sit in my lair for more than a day. I still do impulse buy on occasion, but usually it's fodder I just want to appreciate a little longer and I tend to sell them a week later when I'm done, hopefully giving them a second chance with someone else.

Another contribution to how I developed pickiness is that I like my dragons to have well-developed personalities in my head! Not like "oh they like to sew and are enemies with so-and-so" but actual personalities and feelings and mannerisms. Probably because I'm one of those people who has a couple of OCs that are overly developed in personality, morals, lifestyle, history, flaws, etc. rather than like a bunch of OCs that I know at surface level who they are. Heck, I'll sometimes take a dragon and make them into an OC if they've got enough inspiration. But usually if I dont have any plans for the dragon within the week, nor a personality, they're out. If I cant feel a personality in a dragon, I won't buy them.

Keeping myself busy with g1s is like, a remedy for getting that "I want a new dragon" itch. I just go and poke at the WIPs a bit and feel better. I personally get overwhelmed when I have too many dragons just sitting around, so I also tend to just weed out the weakest links periodically. I still may like them, but they're just not going anywhere nor do they fit any categories in my lair. I'd rather someone else enjoy them than have them collect dust, or they're just fodder that I need to stop being sentimental about and move on to better ideas.

I'm sorry if this got long and rambly, I have a lot of time on my hands atm due to the recent events and wanted to share a bit of my impulse control methods
It's a combination of mostly pickiness and keeping myself busy. This site has really taught me a lot of my impulse control over the years lol.

Ive gotten a lot more picky with my dragons since I've started, and although there are a lot of super pretty dragons out there, I learned that most of them are just dragons I like to look at but not actually own. I just want to appreciate them in the moment, and I would likely lose interest in them quickly if I bought them and had them sit in my lair for more than a day. I still do impulse buy on occasion, but usually it's fodder I just want to appreciate a little longer and I tend to sell them a week later when I'm done, hopefully giving them a second chance with someone else.

Another contribution to how I developed pickiness is that I like my dragons to have well-developed personalities in my head! Not like "oh they like to sew and are enemies with so-and-so" but actual personalities and feelings and mannerisms. Probably because I'm one of those people who has a couple of OCs that are overly developed in personality, morals, lifestyle, history, flaws, etc. rather than like a bunch of OCs that I know at surface level who they are. Heck, I'll sometimes take a dragon and make them into an OC if they've got enough inspiration. But usually if I dont have any plans for the dragon within the week, nor a personality, they're out. If I cant feel a personality in a dragon, I won't buy them.

Keeping myself busy with g1s is like, a remedy for getting that "I want a new dragon" itch. I just go and poke at the WIPs a bit and feel better. I personally get overwhelmed when I have too many dragons just sitting around, so I also tend to just weed out the weakest links periodically. I still may like them, but they're just not going anywhere nor do they fit any categories in my lair. I'd rather someone else enjoy them than have them collect dust, or they're just fodder that I need to stop being sentimental about and move on to better ideas.

I'm sorry if this got long and rambly, I have a lot of time on my hands atm due to the recent events and wanted to share a bit of my impulse control methods
exl1.pngqAZgY0h.pngLXQ5Ih1.pngwg00sIS.png10FXer7.pngU9lx3R6.pngexl2.pnggEvXGc7.pngStoat-7114-135-0-51-1-140.png
Hex0gCq.png
I have too high of standards so I think most dragons look... not the best. I however now have a different problem because I breed dragons that match my own taste so I struggle to not keep those hatchlings.

One of the best pieces of advice I've seen against impulse buying dragons though is if there is a different eye type or element that you think would be better on that dragon, don't buy it. You won't be as satisfied with that dragon down the line. The same can go for dragon colors. Basically if there's a detail of a dragon that you can't easily change that could be better, don't buy. Sometimes you do have to break that rule if you're looking for something specific and that's fine, especially if you're looking for G1s or rare colors, but it's something to keep in mind before buying a dragon. Is the small thing that could be better something you're willing to compromise with? And so on.
I have too high of standards so I think most dragons look... not the best. I however now have a different problem because I breed dragons that match my own taste so I struggle to not keep those hatchlings.

One of the best pieces of advice I've seen against impulse buying dragons though is if there is a different eye type or element that you think would be better on that dragon, don't buy it. You won't be as satisfied with that dragon down the line. The same can go for dragon colors. Basically if there's a detail of a dragon that you can't easily change that could be better, don't buy. Sometimes you do have to break that rule if you're looking for something specific and that's fine, especially if you're looking for G1s or rare colors, but it's something to keep in mind before buying a dragon. Is the small thing that could be better something you're willing to compromise with? And so on.
vlHpjp8.png .
he/him

FR+3:00
. .
checked on swipp, baldwin, or arlo lately?
_ wizardry2.gif
Have no lair space, no way to expand that space readily, begin a breeding project that requires significant lair space and don’t open the ah unless it’s for that project.
Have no lair space, no way to expand that space readily, begin a breeding project that requires significant lair space and don’t open the ah unless it’s for that project.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
idk i genuinely can't relate

i tried putting restrictions on it, such as don't buy unless it's already gened, must have perfect eyes, only g1, don't buy unless you have lore.
and then there's always a dragon who fits the category/ies and i'm out of luck. it just happens
idk i genuinely can't relate

i tried putting restrictions on it, such as don't buy unless it's already gened, must have perfect eyes, only g1, don't buy unless you have lore.
and then there's always a dragon who fits the category/ies and i'm out of luck. it just happens
6uaN3MO.png kiNdaIf.png
fidelitas ad familiam. fidelitas ad Matriarch.
a multi-billion dollar pharmaceutical company located in the center of the light district.

see you next paycheck
buy all of the dragons and then be too broke to buy more

see you next paycheck
ku5wTFW.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7