Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gen 1 Lairs
1 2 3 4 5
Along the same lines as other people, I used to not care at all if my dragons were g1s or not. Then I'd invest a ton of money in regeneing them, I love Coatls and gem genes, but then I realised you can't really tell how much I invested in a dragon if it's bred because I might have bought it that way at fodder price or whatever. If it's a g1 dragon, fully gened, you [i]know[/i] I spent a ton of money on it, even if I wasn't the one who gened it myself. So yeah, it's a bit of showing off. lol. Not to say I don't enjoy breeding projects though. The challenge there is fun. But I love it when people, or even I myself, can look at my lair and immediately go 'Damn that's a dragon you/I have spent a ton on' [emoji=coatl laughing size=1]
Along the same lines as other people, I used to not care at all if my dragons were g1s or not. Then I'd invest a ton of money in regeneing them, I love Coatls and gem genes, but then I realised you can't really tell how much I invested in a dragon if it's bred because I might have bought it that way at fodder price or whatever. If it's a g1 dragon, fully gened, you know I spent a ton of money on it, even if I wasn't the one who gened it myself.

So yeah, it's a bit of showing off. lol.

Not to say I don't enjoy breeding projects though. The challenge there is fun. But I love it when people, or even I myself, can look at my lair and immediately go 'Damn that's a dragon you/I have spent a ton on'
1XvTtel.png
gen1s are life, gen1s are love, I say DO IT
gen1s are life, gen1s are love, I say DO IT
he him / usually only log on to do dailys
[quote name="Ern" date="2020-02-07 04:30:32" ] I like the challenge. Finding one with good colors, creating a decent gene plan for it, gening it youself, etc. I find that I'm way more attached to the dragon if I go through all that rather than just buying one outright that has what I'm looking for. I also feel like I'm exposed to more varied color combos than I would be if I were just buying g2 dragons. It's fun making weird XYZs work or close doubles in colors I would never care about normally. [/quote] ^This I'm not a Gen 1 lair because I'm so addicted to the breeding mechanic (fodder breeding at this point I've accepted). I only buy Gen 1s if they have a special date that matters to me. Usually I tend to buy Arcane ones of AH because I don't have an Arcane Egg in hand when the date arrives and I specifically want an Arcane one. It is fun geneing and completing them and even funner when you have lore ideas like I do with an Imposter twin light hatch I bought for my birthday. It also sometimes gets me to use genes I would never ever have considered otherwise. Jupiter? Daub? Crackle? Blend?When would I have considered using these genes or even searching for them in AH? I however am attached to searching for the "recruit of the month" so I'm on the lookout for a gen 2+ Shadow dragon but my tastes have grown pickier so I realize I will never be a Gen 1 lair.
Ern wrote on 2020-02-07 04:30:32:
I like the challenge. Finding one with good colors, creating a decent gene plan for it, gening it youself, etc. I find that I'm way more attached to the dragon if I go through all that rather than just buying one outright that has what I'm looking for.

I also feel like I'm exposed to more varied color combos than I would be if I were just buying g2 dragons. It's fun making weird XYZs work or close doubles in colors I would never care about normally.

^This

I'm not a Gen 1 lair because I'm so addicted to the breeding mechanic (fodder breeding at this point I've accepted).

I only buy Gen 1s if they have a special date that matters to me. Usually I tend to buy Arcane ones of AH because I don't have an Arcane Egg in hand when the date arrives and I specifically want an Arcane one.

It is fun geneing and completing them and even funner when you have lore ideas like I do with an Imposter twin light hatch I bought for my birthday.

It also sometimes gets me to use genes I would never ever have considered otherwise. Jupiter? Daub? Crackle? Blend?When would I have considered using these genes or even searching for them in AH?

I however am attached to searching for the "recruit of the month" so I'm on the lookout for a gen 2+ Shadow dragon but my tastes have grown pickier so I realize I will never be a Gen 1 lair.
I don't have a fully G1 lair, but I've started greatly appreciating them lately purely because those dragons feel like they're fully mine. I get to set out on a gening project that I'm completely in love with for that dragon specifically. It just feels like more care goes into them, and even if I end up with a G2+ I will end up changing them in some way (renaming, one or two gene changes, eye vials, etc.).
I don't have a fully G1 lair, but I've started greatly appreciating them lately purely because those dragons feel like they're fully mine. I get to set out on a gening project that I'm completely in love with for that dragon specifically. It just feels like more care goes into them, and even if I end up with a G2+ I will end up changing them in some way (renaming, one or two gene changes, eye vials, etc.).
tumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o4_100.giftumblr_oswio1jT2U1v8lm95o2_100.gif
On other pet sims, my habit is to buy a whole lot of pets, get rid of them, rinse repeat. I went for a stricter playstyle with FR -it's gotta be a gen one, and it's got to be a double or triple. The only two exceptions to this is my coli fighter and my random progen.

I kind of like it. I'm not super active on FR so when I come back from a hiatus, I don't have to remember what I was planning to do with my two hundred gene projects. I only have like eight permas and they'll keep me busy for a while.
On other pet sims, my habit is to buy a whole lot of pets, get rid of them, rinse repeat. I went for a stricter playstyle with FR -it's gotta be a gen one, and it's got to be a double or triple. The only two exceptions to this is my coli fighter and my random progen.

I kind of like it. I'm not super active on FR so when I come back from a hiatus, I don't have to remember what I was planning to do with my two hundred gene projects. I only have like eight permas and they'll keep me busy for a while.
I see them as a challenge. To further limit myself, I only collect G1 doubles aside from imps (which have to be G2 or have special eyes, except those on my first tab that are just there for sentimental reasons and a few XYZs from when I first joined).

Otherwise, I'd have a full lair... Oh wait, I DO have a full lair... But the rest are fodder just holding fams for bonding.
I see them as a challenge. To further limit myself, I only collect G1 doubles aside from imps (which have to be G2 or have special eyes, except those on my first tab that are just there for sentimental reasons and a few XYZs from when I first joined).

Otherwise, I'd have a full lair... Oh wait, I DO have a full lair... But the rest are fodder just holding fams for bonding.
Vj90o7H.png
My lair is purely gen1, aside from the occasional imp, a dragon that was gifted to me by a kind user, and my current quest dragons (Breed Out the Ugly challenge).
I keep it that way because it gives me something to work for in-game, and it keeps me invested in the game, due to the challenge factor. Then there's the sense of accomplishment when you have finally finished another project. Best feeling ever.
My lair is purely gen1, aside from the occasional imp, a dragon that was gifted to me by a kind user, and my current quest dragons (Breed Out the Ugly challenge).
I keep it that way because it gives me something to work for in-game, and it keeps me invested in the game, due to the challenge factor. Then there's the sense of accomplishment when you have finally finished another project. Best feeling ever.
I'm not a full gen1 lair, but I do have m a n y gen1s. This is because I am both addicted to hatching eggs and completing gene projects. If I put a lot of time and effort into a dragon, I get my more sentimentally attached to it, which is why I have so many permas.
I'm not a full gen1 lair, but I do have m a n y gen1s. This is because I am both addicted to hatching eggs and completing gene projects. If I put a lot of time and effort into a dragon, I get my more sentimentally attached to it, which is why I have so many permas.
oAK3y8z.png AfamSig.gif
So I've just gotten back & I'm reading all of your responses! & I just love seeing the reasoning, passion, & just love for your gen 1s poured all into this thread, there really is something very special about that!

You've inspired me & I plan on doing my lair as a gen 1 as well! I just see so much benefit & fun within it! Also like many have said, more of a personal connection with those dragons, & a form of pride when you've fully gened them - that's def something I've been finding more & more with my projects!

Thanks so much for expressing your feelings & ofc keep going! I love seeing varying reasons for why you love your gen 1 lair!
So I've just gotten back & I'm reading all of your responses! & I just love seeing the reasoning, passion, & just love for your gen 1s poured all into this thread, there really is something very special about that!

You've inspired me & I plan on doing my lair as a gen 1 as well! I just see so much benefit & fun within it! Also like many have said, more of a personal connection with those dragons, & a form of pride when you've fully gened them - that's def something I've been finding more & more with my projects!

Thanks so much for expressing your feelings & ofc keep going! I love seeing varying reasons for why you love your gen 1 lair!
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
Once you start, it takes over your life in the best way possible. Join in the G1 madness with us
Once you start, it takes over your life in the best way possible. Join in the G1 madness with us
1 2 3 4 5