Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Gen 1 Lairs
1 2 3 4 5
[quote name="Laluzi" date="2020-02-07 10:21:23" ] [quote name="xiq" date="2020-02-07 03:49:20" ] there’s just something really satisfying about hovering over a bunch of dragons and they all say “First Generation” [/quote] So much this. But also - having first gens makes it easier for me to get attached to them? I don't like obtaining something easily - it means I don't ascribe any emotional connection to them. If I have to spend the time and effort geneing up my dragons, they build a personal story behind them, and I love each and every one of them even after the new and shiny factor has worn off. [/quote] That double none and 1st gens mean more to me because I worked to get them where they are.
Laluzi wrote on 2020-02-07 10:21:23:
xiq wrote on 2020-02-07 03:49:20:
there’s just something really satisfying about hovering over a bunch of dragons and they all say “First Generation”
So much this.

But also - having first gens makes it easier for me to get attached to them? I don't like obtaining something easily - it means I don't ascribe any emotional connection to them. If I have to spend the time and effort geneing up my dragons, they build a personal story behind them, and I love each and every one of them even after the new and shiny factor has worn off.

That double none and 1st gens mean more to me because I worked to get them where they are.
I like the challenge. Buying pretty dragons is easy, but buying a gen 1 to make pretty takes more work. I also tend to get more attached to G1 dragons than normal dragons, meaning I'm not constantly cycling through dragons as I lose interest in some and bring in new ones

Heckin drains my wallet on auctions, breed changes, and genes though
I like the challenge. Buying pretty dragons is easy, but buying a gen 1 to make pretty takes more work. I also tend to get more attached to G1 dragons than normal dragons, meaning I'm not constantly cycling through dragons as I lose interest in some and bring in new ones

Heckin drains my wallet on auctions, breed changes, and genes though
1uCNaW7.pngTTTUSP9.pngueG66KW.pngxjP79Zx.pngO0Pbuvo.png
Keeps me interested in the game. There is no pride in a dragon that can be replicated easily.
Keeps me interested in the game. There is no pride in a dragon that can be replicated easily.
i'm not a 100% gen1 lair, but my reason for liking them is the fact they were a product of RNG and a project to complete, i think? the challenge? the lack of lineage and what not is cool, but i think the fact you look at a gen1 and KNOW it started as a triple basic with 100% of the color wheel to be selected from, it just feels really special to have something become something else entirely!
i'm not a 100% gen1 lair, but my reason for liking them is the fact they were a product of RNG and a project to complete, i think? the challenge? the lack of lineage and what not is cool, but i think the fact you look at a gen1 and KNOW it started as a triple basic with 100% of the color wheel to be selected from, it just feels really special to have something become something else entirely!
Alpha :: FR+0
they/them or
he/him please!

tumblr_inline_ojq6kyaRlG1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kvO0vd1r2ao8y_540.pngtumblr_inline_ojq6kzLZx61r2ao8y_540.png
_____ vxsLSdd.png _ ° Wishlist
° Badges
° Clan Exalter
° Scatter Quest
° UMs for Sale
__ ° Hug Moist?
° Moistling Sales
° Nest Rentals
° SIDHA
° 8x8/90mil!
__ TTTYQHv.png 1XIVewE.gif
Okay i don't have a gen1 only LAIR, but all of the ancient breeds in my clan, aside from maybe some very specific circumstances, will be gen1. The lore is SO COOL when you have a bunch of dragons who sort of 'came from nothing', like they're the first of their kind???

I dunno the lore potential of gen1's is SO much fun

ALSO the challenge of working with random colors is awesome!
Okay i don't have a gen1 only LAIR, but all of the ancient breeds in my clan, aside from maybe some very specific circumstances, will be gen1. The lore is SO COOL when you have a bunch of dragons who sort of 'came from nothing', like they're the first of their kind???

I dunno the lore potential of gen1's is SO much fun

ALSO the challenge of working with random colors is awesome!
Spr_B2W2_Emmet.png
Sym4.png
"There is no terminal called End in your life!"
Sym6.png Blue // they/he Sym5.png

Sym5.png Goals and Link DirectorySym6.png
Sym3.png
Spr_B2W2_Ingo.png
Oh, I love gen1s, my goal rn is find gen1 replacements for all my dragons and be a gen1 lair.
I love the challenge of tracking down that specific gen1, grinding for days or weeks to gene up that gen1, planning an outfit, and buying all the apparel, sometimes ill even buy an Uma.

Basically I just love the challenge. And also the pride, and accomplishment I feel after the project is done. It makes me feel way more attached when I went through all of that, then I would say buying a regular dragon off the ah.
Oh, I love gen1s, my goal rn is find gen1 replacements for all my dragons and be a gen1 lair.
I love the challenge of tracking down that specific gen1, grinding for days or weeks to gene up that gen1, planning an outfit, and buying all the apparel, sometimes ill even buy an Uma.

Basically I just love the challenge. And also the pride, and accomplishment I feel after the project is done. It makes me feel way more attached when I went through all of that, then I would say buying a regular dragon off the ah.
*She/her
*Gen1 lover
*Talk to me about music, art,
books, and history! I'd love to chat!
MVU2bgM.png
Ya'll are so wonderful & I'm really glad to have asked this question!
Ya'll are so wonderful & I'm really glad to have asked this question!
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
the 'first generation' satisfaction. the sera tonin from completing a project. no one can be annoyed when i give them stupid names or lore.

less stress than breeding projects. i've been doing those for some specific dragons and let me tell you: i MUCH prefer g1s please free me u.u
the 'first generation' satisfaction. the sera tonin from completing a project. no one can be annoyed when i give them stupid names or lore.

less stress than breeding projects. i've been doing those for some specific dragons and let me tell you: i MUCH prefer g1s please free me u.u
......................................... tumblr-pa5yx1-Ks-ZM1tecpo4o1-100.png ...
the reliquary
federation-Bar.png
''it's not over yet''
wishlistloreaccentsart
familiar collector • fr +8 • pears!
@reliquiaen I've seen a lot of the lore / name things. Is that common for people get upset over names or lore? Like I'd hope that wouldn't be the case, but I've seen exalt lairs that have to put disclaimers up, so stuff apparently happens.
@reliquiaen I've seen a lot of the lore / name things. Is that common for people get upset over names or lore? Like I'd hope that wouldn't be the case, but I've seen exalt lairs that have to put disclaimers up, so stuff apparently happens.
Msp9L6c.gif|| Cheshire
she/her
hobbiest writer
enjoyer of many things
wishlist/info
There’s just something about it that’s so,, satisfying!! Knowing the gorgeous colors of your dragons were completely random makes it much more exciting than just buying doubles or triples of regular dragons. Getting to look at your gened/dressed up kiddos and knowing you pretty much designed them entirely yourself. The satisfaction of buying that last gene for a project or buying a dragon with perfect colors is just *chef’s kiss*

Fun, satisfying, but very expensive and addicting. join us
There’s just something about it that’s so,, satisfying!! Knowing the gorgeous colors of your dragons were completely random makes it much more exciting than just buying doubles or triples of regular dragons. Getting to look at your gened/dressed up kiddos and knowing you pretty much designed them entirely yourself. The satisfaction of buying that last gene for a project or buying a dragon with perfect colors is just *chef’s kiss*

Fun, satisfying, but very expensive and addicting. join us
prophetblink.gif
1 2 3 4 5